Rejected /monthban

Currently, there's nothing in between a 2-day standard Ban and a 1-Year Blacklist. I'd like to suggest /monthban as an in-between for users that are considerably problematic, but it might be better off seeing if/how they change in a month period instead of going the year route.

As always, thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Last edited:

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
For the record, normal room bans are 2 days.

That being said, I think this is a potentially useful suggestion, although in my experience we generally just blacklist users and perhaps let them appeal a bit earlier & with more lenience if they weren't "as bad".

Aeonic

we got to install microwave ovens
I don't see a huge need for this - users that should have a punishment on them for 30 days straight should be either blacklisted or permalocked. Agree re: blacklist them and let them appeal after a few months.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm rejecting this, simply on the basis that there's no real reason to distinguish it from a blacklist.

Now, a weekban I could see some value in, if anyone wants to argue for that. But for future reference, any request for new punishment levels should give specific examples of user behavior that would fall into each level.

I'm rejecting this, simply on the basis that there's no real reason to distinguish it from a blacklist.

Now, a weekban I could see some value in, if anyone wants to argue for that. But for future reference, any request for new punishment levels should give specific examples of user behavior that would fall into each level.
It's important to note that many rooms in PS! follow punishment systems in their own way - especially in regards to 0-tol (some rooms have that, some don't). This is why I see great potential in the week ban punishment, especially considering the varying/different policy systems each room has. It can be of great help because they could be reserved for users who are not far from being blacklisted, yet a blacklist would not suffice either because the user did not do enough to qualify for one. In my mind, this is how I would picture each of these separate punishments, including the week ban.

Two-day ban - Reserved for users who have been negative contributors to the chat, and/or have not learned from past warns/mutes.

Week ban - Reserved for users who have returned without any hint of improvement and insist on being negative/toxic/antagonizing/etc.

Blacklist - Consistently bad user who, despite several warns/mutes/bans (including a week ban), shows no sign of improvement, and therefore no longer has the right to stay in the room for a whole year.

I think having this command as an option allows for better flexibility - rooms can use it or leave it, but it can really help in particular situations such as the aforementioned 0-tol users / long time bad contributors. I can imagine this would immediately precede a blacklist. Since I've staffed in a few other rooms in the past, I can safely assume that the policy structures are different for many of them and this command can really be useful when determining the most appropriate punishment for a particular user(s).

If there's any situation I've missed where this command could be of use, feel free to add to it, but I'm overall supporting week ban as a punishment option.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)