Most frustrating pokemon moments!

Battle Tower in Crystal, I lead off with Mewtwo while my opponent has an Exeggutor. I outspeed and Ice Beam the plant for 70% or so damage; he then retaliates with Psychic that does next to nothing. Great, I think, another Ice Beam and he's a goner. But! Somehow, he outspeeds me and Explodes on me, critting and killing my poor psionic mutant.

Frustrated, I run calcs for Exeggutor's speed. There was literally no way it could speed tie with my Mewtwo. Yet somehow he managed to get its death throes before I could kill it. I STILL can't wrap my head around that one.
Maybe it holds a Quick Claw?

Play Rough: Guaranteed to miss only at the worst possible time.
And give Attack drops to Defiant Bisharps.
Oh man, I had something like that today. 1v1, end game, both players only one Pokemon left. My Mismagius against my opponent's Milotic. I was locked into Shadow Ball due to Choice Specs. Of course, I get the SpD drop and I trigger its Competitive. SpA through the roof and my Mismagius gets OHKO'd.

lml

Oh man, I had something like that today. 1v1, end game, both players only one Pokemon left. My Mismagius against my opponent's Milotic. I was locked into Shadow Ball due to Choice Specs. Of course, I get the SpD drop and I trigger its Competitive. SpA through the roof and my Mismagius gets OHKO'd.

lml
I had one on Showdown yesterday: Facing off against a Swoobat with my Eelektross, I activate the Weakness Policy with Wild Charge. On a Simple Swoobat. Hello, Stored Power with +6 Special Defense, +6 Attack, and +6 Special Attack. Wiped out my entire team.

Reactions: JES
I guess that was the universe balancing things out considering I once hit Focus Blast five times in a match (against an AI, so I don't have the footage sadly). One of which was a super-effective hit on a Sableye thanks to Scrappy Exploud.
Still waiting for the universe to balance my missed Stone Edges.

I had a battle in Showdown this morning. My Regigigas gets paralyzed from Thunderbolt from Heliolisk. Here's what happened:
Turn 1: paralysis
Turn 2: paralysis
Turn 3: flinch
Turn 4: flinch
Turn 5: paralysis
Turn 6: finally got off a Drain Punch, but the other guy switched to Octillery
Turn 7: paralysis
Turn 8: flinch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)