Most frustrating pokemon moments!

Playing Volt White 2 and challenging Elesa.

Attempt 1:
Turn 1: Emolga U-turns, critting Gabite for more than half.
Turn 3: Servine Leaf Blades Lanturn, who survives it and Ice Beams back. Servine survives but got frozen.
Turn ?: Gabite Digs against Ampharos, finishing it off. Static kicks in.
Turn ?: Electabuzz Cross Chops Eviolite Rhyhorn, critting it.
Turn ?: After using Revive on Rhyhorn and Electabuzz fainted, it's down to Rhyhorn vs Emolga. Emolga uses Acrobatics, which crits again, wiping me out. Bullshit.

Attempt 2:
Turn 3: Lanturn Hydro Pumps, critting Gabite and OHKOes it.
Turn 4: Servine Leaf Blades Lanturn, who survives it and Ice Beams back. Servine survives but got frozen. Again.
Turn ?: Haunter uses Shadow Punch on Emolga (Light Screen was active), Static kicks in. Then, Emolga Volt Switches on Haunter, critting it.
Turn ?: Zebstrika's Signal Beam inflicts confusion on Rhyhorn, who kills itself in the turns after.
Turn ?: When Electabuzz was in the red, Staravia's Quick Attack fails to finish it off (it had like 1 HP left afterwards). I then whited out.

Attempt 3 is also filled with hax, all in Elesa's favour. Thankfully, I had learned that the AI cheats much more in this game compared to the originals.

Trying to catch a Litwick in Volt White 2.

Go, Serperior! Serperior used Giga Drain! It's a critical hit! Wild Litwick fainted!
^ Repeat the above 3 times within 10 minutes.

Eventually, I just Dragon Raged it twice before throwing a ball. (Thank God for fixed damage attacks, huh?)

In Glittering Cave, I run into a Solrock. My Braxien Psybeams it twice, confusing it the second time and putting it into the red. Solrock proceeds to break out of three Great Balls and a Dusk Ball before knocking itself out in confusion.

Just had a match against an unpleasant player on Showdown. On Team Preview, said player were complaining that I had legendaries in my team.
He then had a stroke of good fortune as he hit 2 criticals and my Togekiss missed a crucial Air Slash and my Toxicroak missed its Gunk Shot. As I was sweeping him with my +1 / +1 Gyarados, his Magmortar's Flame Body kicked in and screwed me over.
Needless to say, I lost because of the criticals, burn and miss. Said guy proceeded to thrash talk in the battle and continued to stalk me on Showdown while continuing with the thrash talking. Really frustrating as everything went his way in the game and he talked as if he is some elite.

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Playing Platinum on Desmume and if I keep the game paused for too long it starts emitting this undulating weirdly-pitched gargling noise that drowns out everything else :(

Just had a match against an unpleasant player on Showdown. On Team Preview, said player were complaining that I had legendaries in my team.
He then had a stroke of good fortune as he hit 2 criticals and my Togekiss missed a crucial Air Slash and my Toxicroak missed its Gunk Shot. As I was sweeping him with my +1 / +1 Gyarados, his Magmortar's Flame Body kicked in and screwed me over.
Needless to say, I lost because of the criticals, burn and miss. Said guy proceeded to thrash talk in the battle and continued to stalk me on Showdown while continuing with the thrash talking. Really frustrating as everything went his way in the game and he talked as if he is some elite.
You should've recorded said battle.

My Pokémon White Randomised Nuzlocké of Death is killing me.

I finally arrive at the doors of the Opelucid Gym. Forget to save.
I enter the gym, take Fresh Water.
First trainer sends out Probopass, I lead with Scizor.
"It's okay." I say, then I click on Samurott.
Maruss can't be switched out!
oshiet.jpg
I use X-Scissor, it uses Thunder Wave.
It uses Rock Slide, Maruss is paralyzed, it can't move!.
PARAFLINCH.
PARAFLINCH.
It uses Sandstorm.
PARAFLINCH.
PARAFLINCH.
I find rare chances to connect X-Scissor.
Heal.
PARAFLINCH.
PARAFLINCH, but this time, it's a critical hit..
PARAFLINCH.
white randomised_38_19631.png
white randomised_50_19670.png

Kill me.

EDIT: R.I.P Maruss, may his soul rest in peace in his tomb of rocks.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Does this thread include Mystery Dungeon games?
Coz everytime my Pokemon is confused, it never hits the enemy.

Going into my box to begin my Combee's training, who I was so proud to have successfully bred, only to find out that an Impish nature is now obsolete, and Timid is the preferred nature. Which means I need to breed that female Combee, and get the right IVs and gender all over again.
Then again, considering I have at least 2 other Bug types backlogged that I need to train, it could be worse. Chances has it, I'll still have bred and trained the Vespiquen before the next game is released.

When i have the highest probability of getting a 6IV, and 200 eggs later I still don't have it.

Keep in mind, my last FIVE (without including the two immediately prior to my current) breeding projects with a less than optimal parent... first egg, 6 IV. All five times.

It was Gen IV. I was training a Dark-type Pokemon. It was holding Exp. Share to get 1.5 Exp. I used fling. My Exp. Share was lost forever. Eventually, I got another Exp. Share from the lottery but that was still depressing.

Not sure if this counts as a terrible or good moment. I had pretty much transferred everything from my Gen IV games over to Gen V. I then realized I hadn't caught Kyougre in HeartGold. I try. My strongest Pokemon is a level 40-something Gyrados. It took like 3 hours of luck and resets but I caught a Kyougre.

Reactions: JES
Trying to find something on the GTS.

All I want is a Raticate... please...
Finally got one after putting a Fearow up.

Now back to struggling to find the grass on route 115 in AS to get Jigglypuff.

Well, at least that's an equivalent trade (in my book). Also, did you ever think of just asking any of us for help?
Yeah, but so far I've been able to get what I need by putting up any extra starters I have. All I need to do is breed a Charmander, half hour later I get whatever I need. Most of the time I can find something decent if it's an evolution trade, took me 5 minutes to trade Kadabra for Kadabra. At some point I'm going to ask here though, probably for aid because I foolishly traded my Zekrom for something I forgot...

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)