Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I am RNG'ing for Latios in Soul Silver. I have him KO'ed and Entei and Raikou are still roaming. In which frame would Latios be generated? Still frame 11?

I have a frame of 42, how many frame advancements do I need to do?
Latios will be generated at frame 1, not 11, because Entei & Raikou are still roaming, and Latios is obviously the only one to be regenerated.

Latios will be generated on frame 11 only if you KO'd all 3 roamers.

And for frame advancements: Target frame (42) - Entei & Raikou frame advancements (it depends on their locations the moment you saved, might be 2, or 3, or more than 3) - generated frame for Latios (1).

Latios will be generated at frame 1, not 11, because Entei & Raikou are still roaming, and Latios is obviously the only one to be regenerated.

Latios will be generated on frame 11 only if you KO'd all 3 roamers.

And for frame advancements: Target frame (42) - Entei & Raikou frame advancements (it depends on their locations the moment you saved, might be 2, or 3, or more than 3) - generated frame for Latios (1).
Thanks for making that clear. I'll try this later.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hopefully this is the right place...

I'm trying my hand at Emerald RNG, with Regice as my first one. I'm puzzled at two things.

1.) When is it that I do the soft resetting part?
2.) How can I verify the frame I landed on? I heard RNG Reporter can, but...

When I get into game and call Elm 10 times, it never seems to match any of the responses :[
With a bit more information, we might be able to assist you.

I recommend using the format set forth in the first post of this thread, as it can help us narrow down what problems or troubles you're having regarding the RNG abuse.

Wow. JavaRNG lied to me. It gave me a seed of 561501fa, frame 410, saying it would yield a spread of 31/6/31/30/31/30, HP Fire 70, and a Timid nature. I see no such spread anywhere near that frame in RNG reporter. To say that this thing is inaccurate is a bit of an understatement.

In case it isn't already obvious, this is for Latios.

Wow. JavaRNG lied to me. It gave me a seed of 561501fa, frame 410, saying it would yield a spread of 31/6/31/30/31/30, HP Fire 70, and a Timid nature. I see no such spread anywhere near that frame in RNG reporter. To say that this thing is inaccurate is a bit of an understatement.
Put the seed in, chose the method you want, and input the IVs and click "generate". You may've selected the wrong method in JavaRNG. And 561501fa may be the Method 1 frame, assuming a seed of 0. Check the results again.

Had method K selected for both of them. I'm assuming that's the one for the Soul Dew Event?

Also, JavaRNG only returned 1 result. Odd, to say the least.

926084264F 53671dfa (TIMID, ability 0) 31/6/31/30/31/30 (Seed: 561501fa Frame: 410) HP FIRE 70

Funny, I don't recall ever having to put in the IV's in RNG reporter for my last three successful attempts.

Hii I want Rng For A Wild Pokemon In The Grass On HGSS How do i go about it ?
1) Find a spread you want to use.
2) Input the seed into RNG Reporter and choose the method/Synchronize nature/IVs/any other information to narrow down your results. Hit the generate button.
3) Right click on the frame (spread) and click "Calculate Encounter Slots..." Note the number next to "Sweet Scent (Grass/Cave)" and then click the HG/SS Encounter Tables link.
4) Look for the correct area and find the encounter slot. That's the Pokemon you'll end up finding. (So, if you get an encounter slot of 0 and are trying for Route 1, you'll get a Pidgey.)
5) If you don't find the Pokemon you want, look for another instance of the same spread and repeat steps 3 and 4. Using a Synchronizer will increase the amount of frames in which your desired result will appear.
6) Start the game, put a Pokemon with Sweet Scent in your party, get on the bike, then save the game.
7) Start resetting for your seed. When you hit the right delay, do the required amount of frame advances, then use Sweet Scent. Using Sweet Scent takes up 1 frame, so you'll want to advance to the correct frame number - 1.

That should be about it, unless I forgot something.

For HGSS calibration, can I use a code to see a level 42+ pokemon? Just for calibration.
You mean like using a code to modify the level of the Pokemon you find? It might work, but it depends on the code. I can't imagine any level modifier code affecting the PID or anything, but it's hard to say for certain. Either way, it should probably work, so give it a try.

For HGSS calibration, can I use a code to see a level 42+ pokemon? Just for calibration.
If you want to catch one and check it's stats via code, I see no problem. If you want to get a mon to lvl 42, just use the code for multiple Rare Candies and you're done.

Maybe I'm not getting correctly what is that you want. :/

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Trying to capture a shiny bold Suicune.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? My target seed is 001202D6, frame is 2261 and the delay is 715.

How did you verify your seed?
I get P,P,K,P,P,K,E,K,E,E using Elm's responses instead of getting E,E,P,K,K,K,P,P,P,P, but most of the time I get random Elm responses.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? The results I got was a non shiny Suicune with different natures each time I try.

question- (in your opinions of course) what is the highest tolerable frame before you decide "fuck this" and try to find a lower frame spread

I won't ever go above 200 if I can help it. I'd rather hit high delay than go for high frames.

EternalTheft: First and foremost, unless you abused your ID/SID combination, then most likely you won't be able to catch the Suicune Shiny. You can still go for anything you wanted minus the shininess though.
Secondly, unless your elm call matches, then you're on the wrong seed. Of course you shouldn't talk to Suicune and waste that time since it won't come out to what you want. Your first order of business is to find out what delay you're hitting :) Use elm responses and roamer locations to verify what delay you're on or use seed finder :)

What is Smogon's standpoint on using hacked parents to legit RNG a Pokemon? More specifically, if I hack an move onto a male parent to use as an egg move and legit RNG breed them, would that be acceptable or no?

I have a question regarding hg/ss rng.

When im trying to aim for a ditto in the wild, shall i pokerng to search for a spread and save in the grass and from there proceed to rng as what i did in front of stationary legendaries? are they similar, barring sweet scent?

Also in emerald rng, though im still not finished with the game yet, im aiming for bred pokemon. here are some questions i have in mind, Is it similar to hg ss rng for bred pokemon? how do i generate spreads for emerald? and how do i know what adjacent spread i hit after performing the process, is it done through rng reporter? if so, would there be any screenshots you guys could provide for me as to what boxes in the rng reporter should i be filling up? thanks

im using an emulator for emerald by the way, to make it easier. :)

I have a question regarding hg/ss rng.

When im trying to aim for a ditto in the wild, shall i pokerng to search for a spread and save in the grass and from there proceed to rng as what i did in front of stationary legendaries? are they similar, barring sweet scent?
That's correct. Except be sure to save while you're on your bike. When you sweet scent off the bike, the frame advancement is inconsistent.

Also in emerald rng, though im still not finished with the game yet, im aiming for bred pokemon. here are some questions i have in mind, Is it similar to hg ss rng for bred pokemon? how do i generate spreads for emerald? and how do i know what adjacent spread i hit after performing the process, is it done through rng reporter? if so, would there be any screenshots you guys could provide for me as to what boxes in the rng reporter should i be filling up? thanks

im using an emulator for emerald by the way, to make it easier. :)
Emerald is just method 1, except that the seed is always 0. As for finding spreads, I just use these.

I have a few questions:

I'm using an R4 so when are the parts where I have to hit A for both timers?
-Do I hit A on the menu with all my games with the first timer? Something like that is what I'm wondering about.

Also, when breeding for shiny pokes in HG, do I have to put the parents in the daycare before or after seeing my elm responses? Is there a certain order you have to put your pokemon?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have a few questions:

I'm using an R4 so when are the parts where I have to hit A for both timers?
-Do I hit A on the menu with all my games with the first timer? Something like that is what I'm wondering about.

Also, when breeding for shiny pokes in HG, do I have to put the parents in the daycare before or after seeing my elm responses? Is there a certain order you have to put your pokemon?
Make sure your first timer is long enough to get into the opening sequence. You still SR at the end of it since it just restarts the game, not the R4 process. Correct me if I'm wrong here, because I don't own an R4.

When doing shiny breeding you'll want to verify first just for the sake of time. Order only matters when IV breeding. Parent A is the first one you put in.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, looks like my earlier question was skipped,but I figured it out on my own, so...

Does a Synchronizer even work for Method 1 Pokemon in Emerald? Because I've been trying to get a Calm Regice for the past few hours with a Synchronize Calm Natu and I get anything but...

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, looks like my earlier question was skipped,but I figured it out on my own, so...

Does a Synchronizer even work for Method 1 Pokemon in Emerald? Because I've been trying to get a Calm Regice for the past few hours with a Synchronize Calm Natu and I get anything but...
no synchronizers do not work on method 1 Pokemon in emerald or in fourth gen

Okay. I'm confused. When I put the PID of the spread in the Pandora box, I picked the SID/ID combo with 6125 delays but when put the seed of the SID/ID combo in the "Seed to time" section of the reporter, it said I have to hit 6114 delays in order to get my desired SID/ID combo.

So which one is the delay that I must hit to get my Desired SID/ID combo?

Or yet why are there different delays? Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure your first timer is long enough to get into the opening sequence. You still SR at the end of it since it just restarts the game, not the R4 process. Correct me if I'm wrong here, because I don't own an R4.

When doing shiny breeding you'll want to verify first just for the sake of time. Order only matters when IV breeding. Parent A is the first one you put in.
thanks

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay. I'm confused. When I put the PID of the spread in the Pandora box, I picked the SID/ID combo with 6125 delays but when put the seed of the SID/ID combo in the "Seed to time" section of the reporter, it said I have to hit 6114 delays in order to get my desired SID/ID combo.

So which one is the delay that I must hit to get my Desired SID/ID combo?

Or yet why are there different delays? Am I doing something wrong?
Use the one from seed to time. This happens a lot but the seed to time is right. I think there's just something wrong in the year programming in pandora's box or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)