Tournament Most Wanted II - Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

[Approved by Ubers moderation team, banner by Lauriane]

Welcome to the second season of Most Wanted; a cutthroat all-Ubers team tournament where players eliminate each other, steal bounties, and satiate their greed and lust for glory! This is a tournament unlike any other with special emphasis on team strategy, value for versatile players, and support for captains to discover and develop new talent for low risk and high rewards!

The tournament will begin with the selection of team captains. Only post in this thread if you would like to be a team captain – all other posts will be deleted. You must signup in this thread to be a captain. You must be active for the entire tournament (approx. 2 months), be capable of sending in weekly lineups on time, and corresponding timely when pools are created at the start of each week. Specifically, the qualities we are looking for in a captain are activity, experience across multiple Ubers tiers, team tournament experience, and managing experience / draft ability.

The tiers that will be featured this year are:

- SS
- USM
- ORAS
- BW
- DPP
- ADV

Tournament Format Description & Rules:

New this year:

- Tiers will no longer be declared dead
- We'll be aiming for larger pool sizes by increasing the number of teams and / or the number of players per team
- There will be no penalties for odd man out benches
- Players will not be force benched in consecutive weeks or matched against the same opponent in consecutive weeks
- The bounty cap for tournament victory has been reduced
- Assassin status is now earned as a team effort, and there are no automatic death matches (see following for details)
- The tier with the lowest number of matchups will in the following week grant bonus progression toward assassin status for wins
- Teams will earn an additional bonus toward assassin status for sweeping a week

The short version for captains:

- Players sign up with 3 tiers of their choosing SS / USM / ORAS / BW2 / DPP / ADV.
- High activity is a requirement to play in this tournament because players can only be benched once every 2 weeks. Everyone drafted (including captains) will play regularly.
- These tiers are LOCKED all tournament. Choose wisely what you want to offer to a team. You cannot play any other tiers.
- Draft occurs via a snake method. Player value (starting bounty) is based on draft position. Drafted earlier = higher bounty. Teams will all have the same total starting bounty by the end of the draft.
- Captains (and players) decide what tier they play each week (only 1). Your opponent will be someone in the same tier that week with a similar bounty to you. This is where things are very different from UPL because you don't "take turns" facing teams. It's all down to who's in the pools.
- If you win, you take 50% of your opponents bounty. Vice versa if you lose.
- If you lose three times, you have been assassinated and cannot play any more games. Once assassinated, your final opponent takes all your bounty.
- Work with your team to climb towards the total bounty of 275,000 across all members before Week 7 ends.

- Teams who achieve assassin status (by winning certain total numbers of games) can freely pick any player they wish from their tier's pool.
- Teams can utilize this status once they have reached a total of twenty (20), twenty-eight (28), and thirty-six (36) wins.
- Teams earn additional progression toward assassin status by winning games in a "cold" tier, or by sweeping the week.

Captains should read the ruleset so they can fully develop strategies and interact with the tournament hosts, because that will be a common situation. A majority of the text in the ruleset is transparency or specificity for edge cases.

Victory:

• The first team to achieve 250,000 bounty by the end of a given week is the winner
• If two teams manage to achieve 250,000 bounty by the end of the same week, the team that exceeds by a higher margin is the winner
• If no team achieves 250,000 bounty by the end of Week 7, the team with the highest bounty upon the conclusion of Week 7 is the winner

Team Formation:

• Teams will be formed though a snake draft
• Draft order is randomly assigned

Bounty:

• Bounty is held by each player and a team’s bounty is equal to the sum of all its player’s bounties
• A player’s initial bounty is determined by draft position
• All captains have an initial bounty of 20,000

Team & Player Quantities:

• There will be exactly eight (8) teams [contingent on signups]
• Each team will have exactly nine (9) players [contingent on signups]
• The total number of initial players will therefore be seventy-two (72)

Tier Support & Registration

• All battles will be best of one
• At signup, players will register for exactly three (3) of the supported tiers
• Captains may not submit lineups with more than three (3) players in a given tier per week
• Players may freely change tiers every week, but may only play tiers that they registered for at signup
• The tier or tiers that receive the lowest number of matchups in a given week will be declared “cold” for the following week. Players who win a match in a “cold” tier will earn a two (2) game progression for their team’s assassin status

Benching:

• A team may bench no more than one (1) player per week
• A player may not be benched for consecutive weeks, or forcibly benched due to lack of matchups for consecutive weeks
• Players who must be benched due to lack of a matchup do not count as a team’s bench and receive no penalty
• Activity losses are treated the same as normal losses
• Players in a "dead game" will not lose bounty, but will lose a life. A player killed by a dead game will have their bounty split between the highest valued players that are not on their team
• Players who "no show" or similarly become inactive will be considered illegal benches and will have their bounty split between the highest valued players that are not on their team

Matchups:

• Weekly matchups are determined by a player’s bounty at the start of the week
• Players in a given tier are sorted by bounty and matched against their closest neighbor from top to bottom
• Two or more players with equally close neighbors will be randomly determined
• Two players will not be paired against each other in consecutive weeks
• In the event that an odd number of players register for a tier, the lowest bounty player must select another tier in which they are registered. If no alternate tier with an odd number of entrants is available, said player must be benched that week

Assassin Status:

• Assassin Status is held by teams, and can only be achieved upon a team’s twentieth (20th), twenty-eighth (28th), and thirty-sixth (36th) win, and is effective the following week
• A team that has achieved Assassin Status may select one of their players to challenge any player within the tier they play that week
• This status is optional and does not have to be taken advantage of by the potential assassin
• A win in a “cold” tier counts as two (2) wins toward assassin status
• Additionally, a team which sweeps a week (lossless) will earn an additional three (3) wins toward assassin status

Bounty Transfer and Player Lives:

• The winning player takes 50% of their opponent’s bounty
• Bounty will not be split into denominations lower than 500, rounded up
• The minimum bounty transaction is 1,000
• Players start with three (3) lives
• A life is lost for every game a player loses
• Players that lose their third life are eliminated for the remainder of the tournament
• When a player eliminates another player, they receive 100% of their remaining bounty

Trades and Administration:

• Trades will not occur under any circumstances
• Captains may replace those designated as "team cancer" prior to the posting of Week 1 with any player remaining from the draft pool
• These replaced players will be set at the same initial bounty as the removed "team cancer"

Team Names:

Team names are subject to approval and will be a part of the selection process. We encourage captains to submit names that strive to accomplish the following:

- They are related to the tournament theme (bounty hunting, assassination, etc.)
- If they use Pokemon alliteration they use it well (Hoenn Hitmen good, Bicurious Bisharps bad)
- They have an element of cleverness or subtext
- Aesthetic and brief

Signing Up:

Include the following in your post:

Desired Team Name:
Assistant Captain (Optional):
Your Registered Tiers (Pick Exactly 3):
Your Tournament Avatar (Use image from here, or use your PS custom):
Tiers You Play (Ubers Only):
Significant Team Tournament Experience (Tour / Role):

Captains will be decided soon.

JPEG_20191225_163858.png

The Slaying Sirfetch'ds are coming back for a 2nd time in this edition with yours truly
Assman: Staxi
Registered Tiers (Pick Exactly 3): SS/SM/DPP
Tournament Avatar (Use image from
here, or use your PS custom): PSPL 2019 Avatar
Tiers you Play (Ubers Only): all
Significant Team Tournament Experience (Tour / Role): Im Skysolo

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After some prospective captains brought to our attention the desire and benefits of being able to signup with an officially recognized assistant captain, it has been decided that they will be allowed to signup as such. Because they will not be required, and to ensure a more equal playing field prior to the draft for teams, the officially recognized assistant captain will not play games in the tournament; however, they will be responsible for leading their team and will hold all the same responsibilities and privileges as the team captain.

Some of the benefits of the addition of a recognized assistant captain include:
  • Increasing the support structure available to teams to facilitate tour strategy, game quality, and player growth
  • Making communication and coordination with the tournament host easier
  • Allowing two players to lead a team as a duo
  • Most teams would utilize an unofficial captain regardless, and they might as well be recognized

While optional, it is recommended that captains utilize the benefits of an officially recognized assistant captain. If you prefer to have an unofficially recognized assistant captain who is able to play games in the tournament, then you will have to successfully draft them. The signup template in the OP has been updated accordingly.

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

me and lasen, here to manage the ASTRAL ASSASSINS

Desired Team Name: Astral Assassins
Assistant Captain: Lasen
Your Registered Tiers: DPP/BW/ORAS(!)
Your Tournament Avatar: jasmine-gen2
Tiers You Play: ADV-SS
Significant Team Tournament Experience:

I'm gonna make my managing debut and lead a new franchise to victory. Introducing the Solgaleo Syndicate
PGL-791.jpg

high effort placeholder art till i get some good stuff
Tournament Avatar: psychic
Registered Tiers (Pick Exactly 3): DPP, ORAS, SS

Tour experience: I've been in the Ubers community for a very long time and thus know the playerbase very well. I've played in every UPL and various other team tournaments and a very good grasp on what it takes to make it far in these.
Tiers I play: ADV DPP ORAS USM SS, can give tests in BW to some extent
I've performed consistently well in the tours that I actually joined, as well as going positive in UPL over multiple tiers.
I'm gonna to go the extra mile for my players to feel comfortable in what teams they use each week.

Aishia will be my assistant manager!

Last edited:

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Desired Team Name: Eon Executioners
Assistant Captain: 64 Squares
Your Registered Tiers: ORAS, BW2, DPP
Your Tournament Avatar:

Tiers You Play: GSC Ubers, RSE Ubers | DPP Ubers | BW2 Ubers | ORAS Ubers | USM Ubers.
Tiers Vice-Captain Play: RBY Ubers | GSC Ubers | RSE Ubers | DPP Ubers | BW2 Ubers | SS Ubers

ckw:
- WCOP 2018, WCOP 2019
- Smogon Snake Draft II
- UPL VIII, UPL VI as a player. Co-hosted UPL VII
- RoA Olympics 5: 1st place BW2 Ubers and RSE Ubers
- RoA Olympics 2: 1st place RSE Ubers and GSC Ubers
- CPL V (Finals)
- Managed in several team tours in different sites (POCL, POWC, PPL, ODL etc)

64 Squares:
- UPL VIII
- RoA Olympics 5 (GSC Ubers + RSE Ubers + BW Ubers)
- CPL IV + CPL V (12-1 combined in BW Ubers + SS Ubers, finals in CPL 5)
- RBYPL (Won playing Ubers)
- AGPL II (Finals)
- NDPL
- Ubers in the side forum tour ODL

We cover all Ubers tiers between us and believe we can draft a solid team!

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
EFC08A80-25DA-4E2D-AD33-7B1D4856966E.png
Desired Team Name: Black Dahlia Darkrai
(riff off the famous black dahlia murders, and no not the shitty metal band)
Assistant Captain (Optional): Reje
Your Registered Tiers (Pick Exactly 3): DPP, BW, SS
Your Tournament Avatar (Use image from here, or use your PS custom): idk yet
Tiers You Play (Ubers Only): DPP, BW, SS (reje covers much more than me, but I feel comfortable in those 3)
Significant Team Tournament Experience (Tour / Role): I am going to spare you the very extensive list. Let’s just say...

UPL VIII Dapper Dracovish Winner and Manager, Dangerous Dave and the guy who almost stopped us in our tracks, the Dark Horse Reje.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
the guys from new york and italy bring you...
Gambino_Groudons.png

desired team name: THE GAMBINO GROUDONS
(based off of John Gotti and the Gambino crime family of the Italian mafia)
Assman: terra the demigod
Registered tiers: SS, DPP, ADV
Your tournament avatar: Skyla
Tiers you play: I play everything but ORAS and USUM; terra plays everything
Significant Team Tour Experience: I'm a user who made a name for himself back in the BW days (check join date), I was in SPL a long time ago and have played in teams tours recently such as MW last year and having a positive record this past UPL. I have done pretty well in DPP and SS tournaments over the past year, enough to qualify for championship, and have been a member of the SS tiering council since it's creation. terra brings even more tournament experience than me and has done consistently well in tournaments. Me and terra are also both team builders and I believe we have some of the best squads to use.

Untitled.png

Desired Team Name: Serial Ekillers
Assistant Captain (Optional): cromagnet
Your Registered Tiers (Pick Exactly 3): BW, ORAS, and SS
rocketgrunt-gen2.png

Tiers You Play (Ubers Only): DPP through SS
Significant Team Tournament Experience (Tour / Role):
UPLIII through UPLVIII as player
UPLVIII winners
Won Most Uber Tournament Ever III as leader
I always make tours exciting for everyone.

Last edited:

Desired Team Name: Spectral Thieves
Assistant Captain (Optional): benbe
Your Registered Tiers (Pick Exactly 3): ADV, DPP, and BW

Tiers You Play (Ubers Only): All
Significant Team Tournament Experience (Tour / Role): I played in OMPL VI, OMPL VIII (finalist), AGPL II (winner), UPL VI (finalist), and UPL VII (finalist). Benbe played in UPL IV, UPL V, UPL VIII, and Most Wanted I.

Last edited:
Desired Team Name: Bhai Gunner rohan
Assistant Captain (Optional): byronthewellwell
Your Registered Tiers (Pick Exactly 3): dpp, bw, usm
Your Tournament Avatar (Use image from here, or use your PS custom): plasma grunt
Tiers You Play (Ubers Only): I don't play ubers
Significant Team Tournament Experience (Tour / Role): my assman is the best ubers player

I'm signing up so you don't have to pick ckw as a manager

it has come to my attention that a certain subgroup of people within the community are not taking my signup with the seriousness it deserves, as such, me and byronthewellwell will try to get together to come up with a new team name that people will take more seriously

as it stands we're between the bogan bagons and the cantankerous calyrex-ices. I'll make a further post in this thread when we've decided

thanks and good night

Minority

Numquam Vincar
The captains and assistant captains and their team names will be:

Astral Assassins: steelskitty + Lasen
Black Dahlia Darkrai: Stone_Cold + Reje
Gambino Groudons: Manaphy + Terracotta
Serial EKillers: orch + cromagnet
Slaying Sirfetch'ds: Skysolo + Staxi
Solgaleo Syndicate: squinn + Aishia

Captains, if you have a preferred hex color for your team name to be used in administration posts and such, please PM me the exact number (not just a color) so I can use it on forums.

The draft order was also decided randomly in the Ubers room and will be:

#1 Astral Assassins
#2 Black Dahlia Darkrai
#3 Gambino Groudons
#4 Slaying Sirfetch'ds
#5 Solgaleo Syndicate
#6 Serial EKillers

Thank you everyone who signed up, we will begin scheduling the draft and hopefully have everything underway shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)