Tournament Most Wanted II - Commencement

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Overall thoughts: The tour was kinda aiiiiight. I was happy for my performance personally, getting a positive record and generally using some pretty creative teams. I agree with some of the complaints brought up above, I am not too into the technical aspects of the tour so I can't comment on that too much myself but, I do think it's a noticeable problem when a majority of my players (and most players in general) are complaining about the format of the tour from like week 2 or 3. I know UPL is a classic and hard to compete with but clearly this format needs some more hashing out.

QUICK SHOUTOUTS

byronthewellwell you are the GOAT dude, still can't believe you beat astounded round 1, that was one of the wildest games I've seen in awhile, hmu if you ever need SS advice/teams

iry YOU ARE THE MAN. Honestly one of the best players I've ever had the pleasure of working with, also you're really fucking funny lmao, hope we can work together again one of these UPLs or something

Tomahawk the GOAT of DPP, even while you may think that you need to work on your endgame, just keep in mind pretty much all of your losses this tour was due to bad luck lol. If you want to try branching out to SS again let me know anytime! Also you are unreal nice and your motivation to test and help out through the whole tour was awesome

Peli u lil fat bitch

MZ I didn't know you before drafting, but some players made it sound like you were a big risk, I took terra's word on you and I'm not disappointed with the results. Your games were always wild for sure which was awesome haha

Punny IoSonoNeon I'll be honest I drafted you guys because terra wanted Italians LOL. I know you guys had some bad times with the early gens in the beginning of the tour but I am glad my SS building ended up being solid enough to get you guys some Ws there. HMU for SS ubers stuff anytime

The Dovahneer I know the timing of the tour was rough on you bro, it seemed like you kinda checked out for most of your games, won't hold it against you too much because AT LEAST YOU PLAYED COUGH COUGH

Luna's Banned now JT Yao Lets be honest, this was a rough tour for you guys, but I drafted you guys because I think you both have potential. My first team tour didn't exactly go great for me either, so I don't want you guys to get discouraged at all, you learn a lot the more and more you do. I know for me I learned a shitton between last year's MW and then UPL, it was a world of difference.

BasedWhat? thnx for the help during the tour bro, I'd think you'd be pretty solid in tours if you can get fucking motivated and not run Custap Ferrothorn LOL

LucosDICampos thanks for helping us out on the one ORAS game we had for the whole tour haha. Mainly I think it was funny being able to snag you away from Lasen's team thanks to my japanese knowledge.

Terracotta THE KING. unbeatable when he decides to actually try playing. Me managing was entirely an idea on terra's part just so that he could assman lmao.

Also to everyone who hit me up before the draft asking to be part of my team ( SiTuM!!!!, I think Lauriane, Iggy, ara, and some others), I LOVE YOU ALL! The draft format ended up being pretty restrictive so I wasn't able to get everyone I wanted for sure. Mr.378 Astounded were also two GOATS I wanted but wasn't able to get to in time with the draft order, and people who I'm great friends with. Daniel and Reje, team tours arent as fun when I don't have you guys to drunk ramble with lmao.
For those wondering, besides an exception or two most of the draft was essentially done by Terra, because he is more familiar with the player base than I am, especially for old gens. remember that I basically didn't become a more well-known name on smogon until SS came out last year.

This tour was my first managing experience but overall it wasn't bad at all and I'd like to manage again sometime.

Last edited:

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Overall thoughts: The tour was kinda aiiiiight. I was happy for my performance personally, getting a positive record and generally using some pretty creative teams. I agree with some of the complaints brought up above, I am not too into the technical aspects of the tour so I can't comment on that too much myself but, I do think it's a noticeable problem when a majority of my players (and most players in general) are complaining about the format of the tour from like week 2 or 3. I know UPL is a classic and hard to compete with but clearly this format needs some more hashing out.

QUICK SHOUTOUTS

byronthewellwell you are the GOAT dude, still can't believe you beat astounded round 1, that was one of the wildest games I've seen in awhile, hmu if you ever need SS advice/teams

iry YOU ARE THE MAN. Honestly one of the best players I've ever had the pleasure of working with, also you're really fucking funny lmao, hope we can work together again one of these UPLs or something

Tomahawk the GOAT of DPP, even while you may think that you need to work on your endgame, just keep in mind pretty much all of your losses this tour was due to bad luck lol. If you want to try branching out to SS again let me know anytime! Also you are unreal nice and your motivation to test and help out through the whole tour was awesome

Peli u lil fat bitch

MZ I didn't know you before drafting, but some players made it sound like you were a big risk, I took terra's word on you and I'm not disappointed with the results. Your games were always wild for sure which was awesome haha

Punny IoSonoNeon I'll be honest I drafted you guys because terra wanted Italians LOL. I know you guys had some bad times with the early gens in the beginning of the tour but I am glad my SS building ended up being solid enough to get you guys some Ws there. HMU for SS ubers stuff anytime

The Dovahneer I know the timing of the tour was rough on you bro, it seemed like you kinda checked out for most of your games, won't hold it against you too much because AT LEAST YOU PLAYED COUGH COUGH

Luna's Banned now JT Yao Lets be honest, this was a rough tour for you guys, but I drafted you guys because I think you both have potential. My first team tour didn't exactly go great for me either, so I don't want you guys to get discouraged at all, you learn a lot the more and more you do. I know for me I learned a shitton between last year's MW and then UPL, it was a world of difference.

BasedWhat? thnx for the help during the tour bro, I'd think you'd be pretty solid in tours if you can get fucking motivated and not run Custap Ferrothorn LOL

LucosDICampos thanks for helping us out on the one ORAS game we had for the whole tour haha. Mainly I think it was funny being able to snag you away from Lasen's team thanks to my japanese knowledge.

Terracotta THE KING. unbeatable when he decides to actually try playing. Me managing was entirely an idea on terra's part just so that he could assman lmao.

Also to everyone who hit me up before the draft asking to be part of my team ( SiTuM!!!!, I think Lauriane, Iggy, ara, and some others), I LOVE YOU ALL! The draft format ended up being pretty restrictive so I wasn't able to get everyone I wanted for sure. Mr.378 Astounded were also two GOATS I wanted but wasn't able to get to in time with the draft order, and people who I'm great friends with. Daniel and Reje, team tours arent as fun when I don't have you guys to drunk ramble with lmao.
For those wondering, besides an exception or two most of the draft was essentially done by Terra, because he is more familiar with the player base than I am, especially for old gens. remember that I basically didn't become a more well-known name on smogon until SS came out last year.

This tour was my first managing experience but overall it wasn't bad at all and I'd like to manage again sometime.
Imma add onto this and say this was def my first team tour ever and ya'lls were definitely good ass teammates, and prepping the teams was fun. Juuuust playing DPP sucks and you won't catch me playing that tier again bro. Jokes aside though the teams i did pull up with were good teams (Atleast the DPP ones, block xerneas will not be mentioned) were made by Terracotta with just the words "build me a godsquad w this mon" and he did it. It's my general tier inexperience that flopped and me taking 2010 damage calc sets to heart. Regardless though this was fun for the first team tour, but there's a reason i don't usually join em. Because atleast if I flop a tour I don't let down other people anywhere else, but with a team tour that's not the case and usually it's off putting to join one for that reason.

Imma be real though, Ubers definitely feels like the tiers are more fun to play casually than competitively for me, so i'll probably be doing RU tours more than i will ubers ones, but the flying economy one is such a flames concept i gotta pull up with my budget skills :100:

Jokes aside though this was a good tour, and even if i got plowed each week i played it was still enjoyable just talking w the team since i knew most of them. I do wish i could've helped test more though but if me typing this at 7am is any indication my sleep schedule is on complete repair mode and has been for awhile now, so i wasn't really able to. Rambling aside twas fun and while idk if i'll do it again, i'll still be a cheerleader holding pompoms like i was after week 4 LOL

Also mana your W1 game w tony gave me like 9 heart attacks please never do that again LOL

Had a really good time co-managing in this tour, it was a great experience for me and I am so glad that squinn and I came up with a really good draft plan, part of the success is the great chemistry that our team had and ofc the hard work paid off.

This might sound silly but damn I feel tired and I believe my teammates feel the same way too because we all have worked (tryharded) a lot ever since the tour started, these last 2 weeks especially have been a little stressful for me, even though I am wasn't playing haha, cause we were so close to win the whole thing but of course this community has good players and they stopped from doing it earlier. I gotta say I enjoy socializing with this community (having ''beef'' with dream on purpose too) if I was somewhat annoying I am sorry guys I let the competitive feel take over me when I play in team tours.

Anyway, time to do s/o for the solgaboys, way to go team!! :heart:
- squinn GOAT. I am so happy our team did it! you're such a machine in DPP, in ORAS in anything, I had great time playing with you. I've always respected you as a player and hopefully we'll be able to team up again in some future because I'd genuinely love to.

- TrueNora what a beast. Your commitment to the team and your performances is something I really admired I wish I could have helped more in SS but wtf am saying you didn't even need there lol the SS core was super strong and you leading it was simply amazing.

- crucify Fogbound Lake guys what can I say same as Nora you're insanely good at this new gen, I hope you're proud of your results because for me it was a pleasure to see you winning and cheering for you each week. Cruci, I'm so happy that we pulled a b2b no doubt you're still a goat :3 and Fog you're such a terribly good underrated player predicting this man to turn into a beast in a near future. Hope to see you guys rocking in UPL.

- Chill Shadow uwu!!! you're prob hella tired of me lmao been 3 ubers tours in a row together personally I think we worked p good together but I promise I'll give you a break for UPL lol, we still need to watch BB so you're not getting rid off me that soon.

- Lazy_bread27 platyy i'm so glad we were together in this tour you're amazing chat presence, I knew you were gonna be a great assassin. I hope to see you playing more of USM in UPL and you know I'll always be there cheering for you.

- Lord Thorx I still remember during the draft I said ''get thorx'' looks like you used all of our latin's luck in this tour. Despite all that, everyone in our team knows you really worked a lot each week and glad that one way or another it paid off. Espero a la próxima si me compres.

- Mysterious M moat sometimes and muerto sometimes... you know me and I am just too competitive and I forget you're a busy man now so my apologies if I was harsh on you :( Greece needs you so I hope you can finish your duty successfully.

- Enzo Gorlami your earlier wins were super important for our team and it's such a shame that you got busy irl as it didn't let you prepare properly but either way it was fun to gass you up during your games. Hope to see you playing ORAS again, I still need my revenge!

- Noitu GOAT ADVer you're such a beast man, love your teams and I wish you can show more of that skill in future tours:)

- Eternal Spirit idt you won't even see this post lol but thanks for being around and not cancering just like some ppl said you would, man you had bad luck in this tour but everyone here knows you're a good executioner and ez top USM.

- Aberforth aaaaa i'm so upset we didn't get you;w; can't thank you enough for helping our team I can't wait to see you performing in UPL and Goat Heart ♥ you were more active here than in UPL LOL you're amazing goaty thanks for helping too.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Special shoutout to the cutest person aka Paradise Seeker ilysm really happy to see you performing well like the queen of USM that you are and I can't wait to team up with you!!
Also thanks to the people that cheered up for our team!

Cya all in UPL guys and gl to everyone in UbersWC!:blobwizard:
solgs.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)