SV OU Most Wanted Monte Carlo [84.4% GXE (31-1) Suspect Team]

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader

Hello, my name is awyp and this is my team I used for the Terastallization SV OU Suspect voting. I'm posting this RMT as celebratory post because of my recent promotion of becoming a RMT moderator and my passion for creating RMTs which I haven't done in 10 years. The name of this team comes from my old student from Battling 101 named 'mostwanted' who was moderator of the RMT forums 10 years ago, and Monte Carlo is my favorite song by the legendary Toro y Moi (random but it makes sense in my head).

Background on how this team was built: I've been a fan of (Fairy Type) Garganacl since it's release, it cannot become statused and its physical defense in combination with Salt Cure makes it a absolute menace in the metagame. The ideal partner is Toxapex, Regenerator is probably in my opinion the greatest ability a Pokémon can have. I do not have any recovery move on Toxapex, I just spam Regenerator. Toxapex is to take care of common special attackers that can give Garganacl (Fairy) a problem like (Chi-Yu and Gholdengo). Chi-Yu is my only real special attacker on the team, it's very important to keep alive as long as possible obviously depending on the team matchup. Cinderace is my Pivoter / fast cleaner, it provides good synergy with the team in general (fits really well). Great Tusk is the Landorus-Therian of Gen 9 OU, Knocks Off items, cleans entry hazard, great secondary physical wall with pretty beefy attack. Lastly this team was quite weak to Hatterene, it gave my 3 walls pretty large problems by sapping HP and Calm Minding in my face. So Scizor does a good job with secondary entry hazard cleaning and switching into Draining Kiss and returning nice Bullet Punch damage (Also just needed more priority on this team)

The Team:

:sv/garganacl:@

Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
1672690020807.png

- Protect
1672690031531.png

- Salt Cure
1672690044152.png

- Recover
1672690053623.png

Garganacl without Tera Fairy is borderline OU / UU, its Rock Type is what brings it down because Rock Type is weak to almost everything. Tera into Fairy is almost a must 95% of the time. The 5% of the time you either use Tera Normal on Scizor if you see the potential with a sweep or you Tera Fire on Chi-Yu if nothing on the other team can resist Flamethrower or Overheat. Garganacl leads 75% of the time, Cinderace leads the other 25% of the time. It's purely based on matchups, depends on the threats you see on the oppositions team. If you lead with Nacl, you go for the Salt Cure / Stealth Rock depending if you see a switch coming, you go for Protect if you have a bad matchup and automatically Tera into Fairy. Recover is used to keep your HP high and scout of for moves / switches while inflicting Salt Cure damage. The point of this set is to spam Salt Cure and / Protect Stall, keeping Garganacl alive as much possible is ideal.

:sv/toxapex:@
1672689696774.png

Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
1672690131744.png

- Haze
1672690150164.png

- Liquidation
1672690177242.png

- Baneful Bunker
1672690193244.png

Toxapex is used on this team to pretty much spread poison, it is ideal to status anything possible and continue to combo with Salt Cure + Toxic Baneful Bunker / Protect stall. Haze is to clear stat boosts from something like Espartha setting up Calm Minds as well anything else that could be dangerous to this team such as Kingambit (Since it never carries Taunt). Liquidation is to hit Ground and Steel types, I've used Surf instead of Liquidation which is also an option but I like the potential defense drops (As well as Pex having a slightly higher Attack > SpA). Baneful Bunker is another method to inflict poison in regards to contact moves, I also use it to scout moves and heal up slowly in conjunction with Regenerator being spammed.

:sv/chi-yu:@

Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
1672690205991.png

- Flamethrower
1672690204149.png

- Dark Pulse
1672690214148.png

- Will-O-Wisp
1672690201998.png

I'm very excited for Chi-Yu to be (potentially) banned, it's one of the most broken Pokémon I've seen playing Competitive Pokémon. So why not use it, especially since it's an okay Chi-Yu check in itself. I went with Choice Specs for the brute force it has where nothing can really switch into it aside from Tyranitar, Dragonite (Multiscale) and Quaquaval (Special Defensive based). Overheat is to hit things like Ting-Lu hard and potentially 2HKO depending if it is at like 80% health, as well as blasting any Unaware Pokémon like Clodsire. Dark Pulse is strictly for hitting things that resist Fire moves or have Flash Fire, as well as it being a very solid STAB move with the potential to flinch. Will-O-Wisp is to hit the obvious Tyranitar and Dragonite switch-ins but especially for Dragonite so you break the Multiscale and make sure to finish it off on the next switch.

:sv/cinderace:@

Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
1672690240239.png

- Pyro Ball
1672690201998.png

- Sucker Punch
1672690214148.png

- Gunk Shot
1672690193244.png

Cinderace is a very underrated and versatile pivoter and physical attacker. Pyro Ball is a ideal move, and if you really do need to use Tera it hits like a brick against anything that it hits neutrally or super-effectively. I went with Cinderace over other fast physical attackers such as Chiein-Pao / Roaring Moon because the immunity to Will-O-Wisp mainly. U-Turn is needed here since I decided to forego it on Scizor, it also helps keep the pace moving and is superb for chip damage. Sucker Punch is great priority move and I'm shocked not all Cinderace run it because of the need of Court Change fitting into a slot. Lastly Gunk Shot is to hit any fairies and more specifically to really hurt Fairy (Tera Type) Garganacl. Decided to go with Heavy-Duty Boots > Choice Band / Scarf because of entry hazard especially it being a Fire type on switch-ins.

:sv/great tusk:@

Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
1672690031531.png

- Knock Off
1672690214148.png

- Earthquake
1672690264073.png

- Ice Spinner
1672690150164.png

This is kind of a standard set, EVs are for defensive bulk as well as to outspeed Garchomp after +1 boost after Rapid Spin. I decided to go with Leftovers > Heavy Duty Boots because I rarely allow entry hazards to stay on my side because of the dual entry hazard removal I run (Doesn't matter but I always get Knocked Off). Rapid Spin is a must on Great Tusk sets. Knock Off is probably the most important move on this set because of it being used in conjunction with Salt Cure + Poison spread. Earthquake is a outstanding move and I went with it over Headlong Rush because this is a defensive set (pro tip: Headlong Rush is a contact move and I do not want to get poisoned on Baneful Bunkers). Ice Spinner is for other Great Tusks as well as mainly for Dragonite (anything flying to be honest except Corviknight).

:sv/scizor:@

Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
1672690031531.png

- Bullet Punch
1672690344639.png

- Quick Attack
1672690031531.png

- Defog
1672690364602.png

Lastly Scizor was put on this slot because I needed another entry hazard remover because I felt Tusk kept getting killed early in game and than I would lose to entry hazard which this metagame is currently VERY heavy on. Scizor also is a 2 in 1 because it's ideal for the Hatterane problem I had plus I can sweep late game depending on the matchup. Bullet Punch is obvious to have but Quick Attack over another move strictly for Rotom and other water types in general. Normal Type Tera as I stated above is used when the matchup looks really good and you can sweep with the combination of Bullet Punch + Quick Attack. STAB boost + Technician on Quick Attack believe it or not hits like a truck once you're at +2 / +3 from Swords Dance.

2. :Annihilape: Can be a danger as well, procedure is to Salt Cure than Knock Off (regardless of variant) and if it's Rest variant go to Chi-Yu and finish off when predicting the Rest. If taunt variant (Baneful Bunker or Toxic and eventually finish with Chi-Yu. Other Option: If you don't Tera Garganacl go to Great Tusk and Tera Ghost when predicting the Drain Punch.

3. :Chi-Yu: This Pokemon is a threat to almost every team, make sure to Protect / Baneful Bunker if Garganacl or Toxapex are on the field (To see what move it goes with) and than you can go to Chi-Yu / or sack a mon and return the favor with Overheat. Any Fire move even Choice Specs is tackled pretty well with Pex. Make sure to get rocks up and save Scizor for the Quick Attack (+2).

4. :roaring moon:Roaring Moon only really gives me a problem under the sun especially if it Teras into Steel and has Iron Head. Which I don't think usually is the case because Iron Head beats Garganacl and Earthquake beats Toxapex, so ideally the best move is to Salt Cure it and then scout out if it has roost which is usually not the case with an Iron Head / EQ combo and Protect stall and eventually go to Cinderace to finish it with Sucker Punch.

5. Sun teams - Puts a lot of pressure on Toxapex, it's manageable with Protect / Baneful Bunker.

Thank you for taking the time to read my RMT, I hope you enjoyed reading it and let me know if you have any suggestions!

Special thanks to the RMT staff for allowing me to moderate my favorite sub forum that I care dearly about!

Last edited:

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Hey yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Yet another certified hood classic from the Man, the mith, the leyend Andviet himself
So i took his team and with my (limited and inferior) skill, tried to see how great was i with it, the answer is, the team is great, it really is, but its an "accquired taste" kinda team, what i mean by this is that you need to actually stop, breath and think about what are you gonna do and why, or else everything is going downhill the moment you start going brainless
(also i doesnt help that im bad at the game)

So, with that out of the way

:Choice Specs: :Sandy Shocks: is rare but its the ultimate supreme counter to this team, because it does not have a ground inmunity, ground types in general are gonna give this team trouble, but fear not, since :Chi Yu: is gonna be banned, you are gonna need a replacement, a fast special attacker with ground inmunity, there is one mon that fits the bill and does not get instantly killed

Also CM :Hatterene: is pain, like, you cant kill this thing, you can delay it untill the end of time, but you cant really touch it without knocking off her leftovers, then going garga, then salt curing, then going pex, then haze away its boost, and thats like 5 turns just to scratch this thing

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower/Flash Cannon
- U-turn

(im gonna be real, this is the first time the student is correcting the teacher and im kinda hype)
With this Hydreigon set, while not as strong as Chi Yu, it lets you have its stabs (altough flash cannon can be better i think), a nice draco to make something explode and U turn to keep the ball alongside Cinderace, tera posion allows you to get a fairy resistance while keeping the ground inmunity, and it combines well with dark, and the option beetween scarf or specs is either pure power or speedy offensive support

On a more personal note, I felt like i never even once clicked Quick attack or though "man, tera normal quick attack scizor is gonna win me the game" so i looked a its move pool and OH GOD ITS SO SHALLOW WHERE DID ALL OF HIS MOVE GO, the fucking lost rock tomb, sand tomb and roost, fuck man, so i think the last move could be something more fringe to catch something off guard, for example Close Combat/Night Slash and Tera blast (with the tera type you want, I would personally go ground) for overall coverage or even brick break to breack Grimm´s screans since he is naturally scared of you

Lastly, this is purely personal preference, but PLEASE PUT RECOVER ON THE PEX, SEEING IT LOW MAKES ME STRESSFULL AAAAHH--- ehmmm, I mean, the lack on recover on pex, while understandable and with some sidegrades to it, it sometimes feel like your taking everything with the skin of your theeth

In conclussion, your the goat man, congratulations on getting reqs, i never doubted you, and i hope we can collab to create some more heat together, thank you for everything

By andviet's personal request, he wanted me to dedicate this paragraph on how Ohio should be eliminated from humanity, and i agree, Ohio sucks, the main reason beign OH MY GOD WHAAT IS THAT OUTSIDE MY WINDOWS WE ARE ON A 20TH FLOOR ON A BUILDING WHAT IS THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Hey yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Yet another certified hood classic from the Man, the mith, the leyend Andviet himself
So i took his team and with my (limited and inferior) skill, tried to see how great was i with it, the answer is, the team is great, it really is, but its an "accquired taste" kinda team, what i mean by this is that you need to actually stop, breath and think about what are you gonna do and why, or else everything is going downhill the moment you start going brainless
(also i doesnt help that im bad at the game)

So, with that out of the way

:Choice Specs: :Sandy Shocks: is rare but its the ultimate supreme counter to this team, because it does not have a ground inmunity, ground types in general are gonna give this team trouble, but fear not, since :Chi Yu: is gonna be banned, you are gonna need a replacement, a fast special attacker with ground inmunity, there is one mon that fits the bill and does not get instantly killed

Also CM :Hatterene: is pain, like, you cant kill this thing, you can delay it untill the end of time, but you cant really touch it without knocking off her leftovers, then going garga, then salt curing, then going pex, then haze away its boost, and thats like 5 turns just to scratch this thing

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower/Flash Cannon
- U-turn

(im gonna be real, this is the first time the student is correcting the teacher and im kinda hype)
With this Hydreigon set, while not as strong as Chi Yu, it lets you have its stabs (altough flash cannon can be better i think), a nice draco to make something explode and U turn to keep the ball alongside Cinderace, tera posion allows you to get a fairy resistance while keeping the ground inmunity, and it combines well with dark, and the option beetween scarf or specs is either pure power or speedy offensive support

On a more personal note, I felt like i never even once clicked Quick attack or though "man, tera normal quick attack scizor is gonna win me the game" so i looked a its move pool and OH GOD ITS SO SHALLOW WHERE DID ALL OF HIS MOVE GO, the fucking lost rock tomb, sand tomb and roost, fuck man, so i think the last move could be something more fringe to catch something off guard, for example Close Combat/Night Slash and Tera blast (with the tera type you want, I would personally go ground) for overall coverage or even brick break to breack Grimm´s screans since he is naturally scared of you

Lastly, this is purely personal preference, but PLEASE PUT RECOVER ON THE PEX, SEEING IT LOW MAKES ME STRESSFULL AAAAHH--- ehmmm, I mean, the lack on recover on pex, while understandable and with some sidegrades to it, it sometimes feel like your taking everything with the skin of your theeth

In conclussion, your the goat man, congratulations on getting reqs, i never doubted you, and i hope we can collab to create some more heat together, thank you for everything

By andviet's personal request, he wanted me to dedicate this paragraph on how Ohio should be eliminated from humanity, and i agree, Ohio sucks, the main reason beign OH MY GOD WHAAT IS THAT OUTSIDE MY WINDOWS WE ARE ON A 20TH FLOOR ON A BUILDING WHAT IS THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thank you 1LDK, I do think Chi-Yu will get potentially voted to be quick banned but I can't say for sure. If it does I do think Choice Specs Hydreigon might be a fantastic option because of ground immunity which this team is strongly lacking. I will try it out, thank you very much!

Pex doesn't need Recover in my honest opinion, I didn't feel like I needed it as a slot since I prefer all the other moves over it, but I can see your point.

For Scizor, like I said earlier I don't really Tera anything aside from Garganacl it's usually a must but the off chance I use tera on the other Pokemon it might be worth it. I'm telling you though I've definitely swept with +3 Normal Tera Scizor, you got to just see for yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)