ORAS NU Mowing Lawns

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Introduction-
Hey guys, Im Allstar and this is my first rmt.
After being in the NU chat talking about the drops, someone said lure shiftry+sceptile might be a good core to build around so I thought I would give it a shot. Here is the team:

Team Overview-

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Sceptile provides a really strong wallbreaker, and a good status absorber since it does not care of taking a burn or a toxic since its a special hitter and can recover all the residual damage with giga drain. And it also has a great speed tier being very hard to revenge kill it.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Extrasensory
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm

Shiftry is the other part of the core, being a good mixed attacker and having a very strong knock off
which is always very nice. This moveset allows Shiftry to whittle Sceptiles most common switch in's. These being vileplume and weezing and with this spread it has a good chance of 2hko'ing both of them.

52 SpA Life Orb Shiftry Extrasensory vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Weezing: 195-231 (58.5 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery.
52 SpA Life Orb Shiftry Extrasensory vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Vileplume: 159-187 (45 - 52.9%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Hariyama makes a good addition to the team, being able to take the super effective ice and fire moves that sceptile and shiftry are weak to and it also has good offensive presence. I chosed fake out over earthquake to handle better jynx and also having priority is always nice.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Steelix provides a flying resist that the team needed since all the team was weak to it. Steelix also provides a very good normal resist and gives the team rocks. I chose this spread since its able to survive 2 fire blast from tauros and can also take specs swellow better. Steelix as well provides a very good musharna check since its able to toxic it with out getting toxic'd itself.

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Steelix: 122-146 (37.7 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO.
252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Steelix: 113-133 (34.9 - 41.1%) -- 69.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

Pelliper gives a good fighting, sd samurott and steelix check, a ground imunity as well a nice pivot and it also has defog. This spread provides a leftovers number and also helps out with special samurott's.

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split
Mismagius provides a secondary fighting resist, a ground imunity, a great lead since it stops hazards being set up, a great stall breaker, a status absorber and a solid malamar check since it can burn it, stop it from resting and also do solid damage with hex.
0 SpA Mismagius Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 244+ SpD Malamar: 127-151 (33.7 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and burn damage.

Threats

Sawk is always a threat to most of the teams. If pelliper gets weak and Mismagius does not have its coulbur berry. Sawk will put a big hole into the team

Scarf Jynx is a huge threat to this team since it outspeeds most of the team and can ohko them with its stab moves. The best check to it is the dual priority hariyama

Random will-o-wisp fire pokemons can also be a threat since it cripples the best counter to it on this team being Hariyama.

Overall-
This team is really fun to use and very solid at the same time. At the moment Im 19-3 in the ladder and won some roomtours with it. Hope you have as much fun I had with it and enjoy.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Extrasensory
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Attachments

Last edited:
I would go with mantine > pelipper it gives you water absorb which is a better check to water types with dual stab and whatnot. Also, musharna > mismag gives you the best fighting resist in the current meta, and running enough spatk to 2hko mala is easy enough. Im on mobile so no fancy hide tags D:

hey allstar,

Sweet team you have here, it looks like every team in this Meta ._. lol I'm funny, but dual grass offensive cores and pelipper seem really fun to try in this Meta. Onto the actual rate, and I feel like if you were extremely lazy you could do what lolbro suggested and essentially make a ridiculously strong defensive core by including tine and mushy, but I'm not gonna suggest that since I feel this team has great potential offensively, to gain an advantageous matchup vs these common lix-tine-mushy cores which seem to be all the rage. I don't think Jynx is too threatening, especially the scarf set or even fire types considering you have a check + direct switch in, but I can definitely see your problems with Sawk. Both of your checks get bopt by SR and coverage respectively. Also, Gurdurr takes a dump on your team purely because no flying stab on Pelipper and can tank a move from anything on your team.

So in order to give your team a way to lure in these Poison Types in the first place, for Shiftry to lure for Sceptile as well as a more reliable Sawk / Gurdurr check, as well as an improved matchup vs common balance matchups, I suggest running Defensive Garbodor > Pelipper.
It gives you that switchin for fighters, a general fighting type switchin as well as a dual spike setter. The dual spike setting capability lures in poison types which Shiftry lures, meaning you have a much more complete win-condition than before. This allows you to gain a much more able matchup vs Other Balance teams, and as a result increases likelihood of Sceptile cleaning with High-Powered Giga Drains. Garbodor gives you that capability of checking stuff with Helmet + Aftermath recoil which is important when facing off vs the likes of Kangaskhan when Steelix isn't a pure switchin. An Extra awesome Sceptile check is also welcome, when that's one of the best mons in the meta at the minute, and has the capability of shredding your (and everyones for that matter) core. To add to this, you already have the spinblocker in Mismagius, so there is little momentum loss in between hazard stacking and bulky spinners like Claydol. Garbodor as a result fits perfectly into the teams current settup.

Finally, into some of the more.minute details, and I feel like, because we've removed one of your best Steelix checks, we should make your other Steelix checks more capable, in this case, Steelix, Mismagius and Hariyama EV Spreads / Movesets can be editted to become more efficient for what you want to achieve. Firstly, I'm going to suggest an EV Spread on Steelix of 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD Adamant Nature > Current Spread. Your current spread doesn't really utilise the most out of Steelix's defenses so far. Max HP allows you take on the likes of Archeops much more reliably than before, and the damage drop from 252 Adamant to 128 Adamant isn't too big, so you arent too much of a sitting duck if you are scared of that.
On Mismagius, I feel like you don't really benefit from Hex too much, sure, it claims the 2HKO on Malamar, but a mixture of taunt + will-o-wisp + garbodor recoil is enough to render it useless. As a result, Shadow Ball > Hex for that raw base power without the need for status is useful when checking Jynx, Mesprit and Rotom especially which are all tiny annoyances you might wanna consider. Also higher neutral damage vs Magmortars might be worth looking into. Although, Toxic Spikes from Garbodor gives you another way of spamming status, it might be worth messing about with this moveslot just to see which you prefer, since both moves have perks / cons.
Finally, I'm going to suggest a new spread on Hariyama. There isn't anything wrong with your current spread, but because we decided to swap out your main Steelix check for a Steelix Fodder, you should definitely consider a spread of 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD Adamant Nature (Mixed Defense Spread) > Current Spread. This is so you take noticeably less damage from heavy slam / eq from Steelix, and as a result you have another check to add. This + Mismagius and your two special hard hitters in Sceptile and Shiftry should mean Steelix is still seldom a problem.

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

cool team, cool guy n.n sorry for inconsistent formatting, I might edit it in because its not working rn fsr.(editted)
best of luck for the future,
~HJAD

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sceptile / Shiftry / Hariyama / Steelix / Pelipper / Mismagius
Hi, glad you decided to rmt this squad allstar124. In agreement with what lolbro said, I do think that Musharna over Mismagius might be a good fit for your team. The set I have in mind is CM Musharna in particular since it gives your team a potent set up sweeper that the rest of the team has no problem supporting since you have plenty of ways to deal with things like Skuntank and opposing Steelix that give Musharna trouble
Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Not too much to suggest but hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)