Mr. Treason VS Train Man - An Uber Warstory

In preparation for Round 1 of Uber Clash, a round-robin, Teams Tournament right here on Smogon, I decided to grind against the ladder and get some practice in with my new (finally, lol) Uber Team. The Uber Ladder on ShoddyBattle had just been put into place and many (myself, included) were eagerly attempting to climb and claim ourselves King of the Ubers, before Vets like Maniaclyrasist (Vanz), Jeb (Sovereign) and Great Sage (Great Sage) moved in.

So, while playing against the coming competition of Uber Players, I was largely (and dissapointingly) unimpressed with the calibre and originality of many players. The first few nights, the Uber Ladder was a sore sight, allowing even me, to climb up to the No. 2 in a matter of days. Battle after the battle was the utterly predictable, yet still monstrous ScarfOgre, that annoying Lugia which would just never die and the Deoxys-A that were still dangerous, even in the clumsiest of hands. There were a few shining battlers that, upon seeing their names appear on screen, would cause me to shutter just slightly, with the knowledge that an intense and awesome battle would come ahead.

This is one such battle between myself and Mr. Treason. With little else to say, to quote Mortal Kombat (and countless other Warstories), LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!!

Train Man's Team:

Mr. Treason's Team:

---
Nicknames will be omitted.
Weather Effects will be included.
Leftovers will be omitted.
(The following Pokemon have Leftovers - Kyogre, Groudon, Lugia, and both Blisseys)
Recoil Damage will be omitted.
Score will be presented after each KO (Train Man - Mr. Treason)
Health (in percentages) will be presented after each turn.
Battle Chat will be in Italics
Battle Text will be in Bold.
Commentary will be plainly written.
---

---
Train Man sent out Kyogre.
Mr.Treason sent out Abomasnow.
Mr.Treason: DAMNIT
Mr.Treason: STOP
Mr.Treason: GETTING
Mr.Treason: ME

Hail began to fall!
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!

Flashing Lights has entered the room.

Mr.Treason: I need to face lesser players and increase my rating!
Mr.Treason: (really annoying, this is)
Train Man: lol
---

Abomasnow!? The Yeti isn't exactly the most common lead and nor is hail the most useful weather effect in Ubers. But having seen it used by Obi(?) beforehand, I knew it was a threat. Just looking at it's STABs, it hit my Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Lugia for super-effective damage. I take note that weather is on my side, showing me that his Abomasnow is faster than my Kyogre. Obviously, a Scarf Lead, I am worried as it literally outspeeds everything on my Team. Obviously a Grass attack is coming, and fearing both Wood Hammer or Grass Knot, I switch to Lugia whose defenses can easily handle either.

---
Train Man switched in Lugia.
Abomasnow used Wood Hammer.
It's not very effective...
Lugia lost 14% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.

Lugia - 92% Health.
Abomasnow - 94% Health.
---

Physical, so far, but that doesn't mean a thing as it could be a Mixed-Attacking, Scarfed Yeti. I've got the advantage of both a free turn and a weather effect that'll better benefit my Team (or at least my Dialga) so I simply set up a reflect to scout what he'll be sending in.

---
Mr.Treason switched in Blissey.
Lugia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
Lugia - 98% Health.
Blissey - 100% Health.
---

In comes a Blissey. A nice, switch in to Lugia, with the threat of Toxic or Thunder Wave, while shrugging of any status Lugia could send it's away and laughing callously at Ice Beam. Now, sensing that aforementioned threat of Toxic or Thunder Wave, both of which would cripply my Lugia, I take a think. The most likely course of action, would be Status. I have Dialga to take Toxic and Groudon to take Thunder Wave. While a paralyzed MixDialga would be awfully annoying (especially since mine is the kind that is Mild and runs Speed EVs), a Badly Poisoned Groudon would be far worse for my Team's defensive core. Dialga comes in to take...

---
Train Man switched in Dialga.
Blissey used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

Dialga - 100% Health.
Blissey - 100% Health.
---

Neither. Stealth Rock is a decent choice on Blissey, though I personally think it doesn't have the moveslots to use one-off support moves like Stealth Rock. Without a spinner (as most are generally useless with Giratina on board), Lugia's durability may be in question and I know I won't be able to switch in Rayquaza for revenge-kills, too many times. Otherwise essentialy a free switch-in, I take the safe and reliable route of Brick Breaking.
---

Dialga used Brick Break.
It's super effective!
Blissey lost 54% of its health.
Blissey used Softboiled.

Dialga - 100% Health.
Blissey - 100% Health.
---
Pretty nice scouting, on Treason's part anticipating my Brick Break. I repeat my move, hoping to score a critical or to waste that precious PP on Softboiled (a viable tactic when used in conjunction with Dialga's Pressure).
---

Mr.Treason switched in Mewtwo.
Dialga used Brick Break.
Mewtwo lost 15% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.]

Dialga - 100% Health.
Mewtwo - 85% Health.
---

The only safe switch in from a MixDialga and he took it. I probably should've predicted a switch right there, but i'm continually amazed at MixDialga's ability to open up teams. I'll obviously be outsped and am predicting either an Aura Sphere. It probably isn't a CMing TauntTwo nor a SubPuncher as it lacks the leftovers that make either sets so successful. Most likely a Specs or Scarf user, Lugia, was the first that came to mind resisting Aura Sphere and roosting off residual damage but luckily better senses prevailed. He's already seen my Lugia and it is still raining. A Thunder or an Ice Beam could be used to nab me on the switch and alongside Stealth Rock is just way too much of a risk irregardless. Blissey can kind of take TauntTwo's and can easily survive a Specs Aura Sphere, I switch to it still, half-expecting a fighting move.
---

Train Man switched in Blissey.
Pointed stones dug into Blissey.
Blissey lost 12% of its health.
Mewtwo used Ice Beam.
Blissey lost 16% of its health.

Blissey - 78% Health.
Mewtwo - 85% Health.
---

While it not might seem like a lot of damage, it's more than a ScarfTwo could ever hope for. SpecsTwo is in the building, but luckily my team, with ample resists and SpDef can walk around it. My turn to spread some Status (in this case Thunder Wave) hoping to catch something useful on the switch.

---
(Train's) Blissey used Thunder Wave.
(Train's) Blissey is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
(Train's) Blissey's reflect wore off!

(Train's) Blissey - 84% Health.
(Treason's) Blissey - 100% Health.
---

Well, that and this situation is utterly useless. Blissey on Blissey is going nowhere fast, but maybe I can scout another of Blissy's moves. Does it have Ice Beam, Status effects, Seismic Toss? I Wish, an all-purpose scouting move, also allowing me to bring something in next turn for free (as long it isn't OHKO'd on the switch).

---
Mr.Treason switched in Dialga.
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Blissey used Wish.
Blissey made a wish!

Blissey - 90% Health.
Dialga - 100% Health.
---

Dialga comes in, quite possibly the most unpredictable pokemon in Ubers. Bulk Up, Specs, Scarf, Banded or Mixed are all viable sets but having seen his team, Specs and Scarf seem unlikely. With my wish still in the air, what ever I send out will be able to switch in pretty easily. Taking the offensive and noticing the amount of switching he'll be doing (by using Scarf and Specs) I bring in Groudon, who can take on BU and Banded sets with ease while setting up Stealth Rocks as he's scared away.

---
Train Man switched in Groudon.
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
Pointed stones dug into Groudon.
Groudon lost 6% of its health.
Dialga used Brick Break.
Groudon lost 19% of its health.
Dialga lost 10% of its health.
The wish came true!
Groudon restored 25% of its health.
The sun continues to shine.

Groudon - 100% Health.
Dialga - 90% Health.
---

The only Dialga set, I know've that runs Brick Break and Life Orb is the Mixed set. All teams without a Deoxys-D are mostly MixDialga-weak, which is to say all teams are MixDialga-weak. Luckily, most are slow as molasses and vulnerable enough to fall to a single earthquake. My Groudon is also bulky enough to survive a Max SpAtk, Draco Meteor from your ordinary Expert Belt Dialga, but the extra damage from Life Orb is making me a little skittish. I earthquake away, anyway hoping that he runs less speed.

---
Mr.Treason switched in Abomasnow.
Hail began to fall!
Groudon used Earthquake.
Abomasnow lost 43% of its health.
The hail continues to fall.

Groudon - 100% Health.
Abomasnow - 51% Health.
---

The Snowman cometh! Now, I know that it will outspeed me, as my Kyogre runs a little more speed than my Groudon. The question is, will it use Wood Hammer again, or opt for something like Blizzard. Having seen my entire team barring Dialga and Rayquaza, he'd take note that a Grass Attack would nab my weather-changers hard, while a Blizzard would decimate Groudon and greatly hamper Lugia. Having gone to Lugia, the last time, I suspect he'll try to get it on the switch again, with Blizzard. I go to Kyogre once again, to change the weather in my favour and absorb the Icy blow dealt.

---
Train Man switched in Kyogre.
Pointed stones dug into Kyogre.
Kyogre lost 12% of its health.
Abomasnow used Blizzard.
Kyogre lost 11% of its health.

Kyogre - 83% Health.
Abomasnow - 51% Health.
---

Phew, survived that one. I really need to get up Stealth Rocks soon. If I can, then Abomasnow will only be able to switch in a maximum of three more times, and that's only if it doesn't take any more damage before that. I surf away, not knowing exactly what's coming in.

---
Mr.Treason switched in Latias .
Kyogre used Surf.
Latias lost 23% of its health.

Kyogre - 89% Health.
Latias - 77% Health.
---

Latias. My team has a real problem with Latias, as you may've noticed. Usually it comes down to Thunder Waving it with Blissey and relying on Parahax to prevent it from recovering while I hammer away with Seismic Toss. The worse kind, though are the CM/Refresh variants who can basically sweep my Team 6-0 if played right. I got to Blissey to take anything it'll throw at me, hoping that it isn't the CM/Refresher that has plagued me previously.

---
Latias used Calm Mind.
---
Latias used Thunder.
Blissey lost 25% of its health.
Blissey is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Blissey is paralysed! It can't move!

Blissey - 55% Health. Paralyzed.
Latias - 77% Health. (+1 SpAtk, +1 SpDef)
---

Thunder. Absolutely perfect. The paralysis was a little unneccessary, but now I know it won't be running Refresh, unless it wants to be horribly walled by Groudon. Blissey is getting pretty worn down by the Stealth Rocks and that boosted Thunder but it's no time to go back on to the defensive. I Thunder Wave attempting to hit any physical force (not named Groudon), as paralysis is pretty detrimental to almost every pokemon (other than another Blissey) in Ubers. Even if he did switch in his own Blissey, that would give me amble time to WishHeal myself and possibly others on my team.

---
Mr.Treason: COME ON! PARAHAX!!!

Blissey used Thunder Wave.
Dialga is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Blissey - 61% Health. Paralyzed.
Dialga - 90% Health. Paralyzed.
---

As he prays for Parahax, I attempt (and succeed) in paralyzing his Dialga on the switch. Who'll go first is no longer a worry, when faces down Groudon, Kyogre or Dialga as it's speed has been cut a sunder. Predicting another Brick Break, I switch to Groudon to scare that thing away. I am a little anxious that it'd predict my switch having gone there before, but with a paralzed and partially damaged Blissey that could drop instanteously to a Brick Break, i'm taking my chances.

---
Dialga is paralysed! It can't move!

Mr.Treason: DAMNIT PARAHAX

Groudon - 100% Health.
Dialga - 90% Health.
---

Luckily that Paralysis bought me a free turn. It seems he was predicting a switch and went with Draco Meteor. Well, he obviously won't be staying in fearing the Earthquake. I take my time to set up Stealth Rocks as he'll probably go for his Abomasnow attempting to absorb another Earthquake.

---
Groudon used Stealth Rock.
---
Mewtwo used Grass Knot.
Blissey lost 11% of its health.

Blissey - 44% Health.
Mewtwo - 85% Health.
---

Stealth Rock is up and Abomasnow's days are numbered. I was a little anxious in going to my already battered Blissey and seeing the prior Ice Beam, I was thinking of just going to Kyogre, but again, cooler heads prevailed, figuring he wouldn't use the same move twice. Still, no time for Wishing just yet, his team has proven to very speedy so far and anything I can nab on the switch with paralysis will certainly make the late-game alot more easier as my own MixDialga ravages slow teams.

---
Pointed stones dug into Dialga.
Dialga lost 6% of its health.
But it failed!

Blissey - 50% Health.
Dialga - 84% Health.
---

But he predicts well, going to a previously paralyzed pokemon. Now, while a Brick Break would be the most obvious move, i've already turned tail and ran off to Groudon three times before. I'm certain he's noticed this pattern and am banking on him trying to kill it on the switch through either a Draco Meteor or a Fire Blast. Stealth Rock will wear me down everytime I exit and re-enter so, I don't really want to leave just yet. I set up a Wish knowing that even if Blissey dies, it's Wish will carry on to whatever i'd next switch in.

---
Blissey used Wish.
Blissey made a wish!
Dialga used Draco Meteor.
Blissey lost 35% of its health.
Dialga 's special attack was harshly lowered.

Blissey - 25% Health.
Dialga - 74% Health.
---

I'm not going to try anything fancy here, just a simple Protect to make sure I can get Blissey back in tip-top shape and able to handle his SpecsTwo when the need next arises. This will give him a free switch-in, but hopefully he'll just go for a Brick Break trying to finish off my nearly broken Blissey.

---
Mr.Treason switched in Abomasnow.
Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!
Pointed stones dug into Abomasnow.
Abomasnow lost 25% of its health.
Blissey used Protect.
Blissey protected itself!
The wish came true!
Blissey restored 50% of its health.

Blissey -75% Health.
Abomasnow - 26% Health.
---

Abomasnow returns summoning it's chilling Hail, negating my leftovers. Having just protected I can't go for it again, to scout what move he'll be using. Recapping, i've seen Wood Hammer (Physical) and Blizzard (Special). This type duo comes not only from STAB but actually has very good type coverage. I recall perusing through Dragontamer's guide on How to build a successful Hail Team and recalling that alongside those two, Fighting provided the chance to hit super-effective on 10/17 types. A Focus Blast or Focus Punch is likely, but then again, I don't really want to switch out as he's seen most of my team and knows my switching habits. I stay in and Seismic Toss and attempt to (to quote an infamous Warstory) BRAKE STUPID TREE!

---
Abomasnow is tightening its focus!
Blissey used Seismic Toss.
Abomasnow lost 27% of its health.
Mr.Treason's Abomasnow fainted.
Blissey is pelted by hail!

Blissey - 75% Health.
Abomasnow - 0% Fainted.

6-5
---

One down, five to go. I guess I was right about that fighting attack. I currently have the edge both mentally and in terms of pokemon. Having outpredicted over the last few turns (and saved once from a mispredict, but a lucky case of Hax) i'm unsure if this will better his game and trying situations sometimes bring out the best in people.

---

Blissey - 75% Health.
Dialga - 68% Health.
---

He brings in his Dialga again, giving me the feeling that his team has little else physical and little else to handle Blissey. I wasn't exactly sure what to Predict, so I Wished away knowing that at well over 50%, I should be able to take at least a single Brick Break.

---
Blissey used Wish.
Blissey made a wish!
L used Brick Break.
It's super effective!
Blissey lost 68% of its health.

Blissey - 1(!)% Health.
Dialga - 58% Health.
---

Hanging on by the skin on my teeth, I manage to survive the Brick Break and get off a Wish. Obviously i'm not going anywhere, so I sit back and Protect as hail damage continues to wear away at his Dialga.

---
Blissey used Protect.
Blissey protected itself!
The wish came true!
Blissey restored 50% of its health.

Blissey - 51% Health.
Dialga - 52% Health.
---

I'm definitely retreating my Blissey right now, after seeing Brick Break's power. I can't go to Groudon as i've just seen the Draco Meteor being fired off. Though, this could possibly be his way of mind-gaming against me into staying in. I decide to go with Kyogre, running a bulky RestTalker, I know i'll be able to at least survive the Brick Break and it's unlikely a Thunder will be coming considering a Groudon switch has been the most likely. Once again, I forget about the power of the Life Orb and...

---
Train Man switched in Kyogre.
Pointed stones dug into Kyogre.
Kyogre lost 12% of its health.
A critical hit!
Kyogre lost 77% of its health.
Train Man's Kyogre fainted.
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.

Kyogre - 0% Fainted.
Dialga - 42% Health.

5-5
---

That critical hit was largely useless as LO Draco Meteor coming from Dialga would do an average of 67%-79% damage. Balancing the scores, I lose my edge. I'll want to keep it raining as long as possible, so Dialga will actually be able to hit things with Thunder, though from what i've seen on his team thus far, most would be better dealth with STAB Dragon Attacks or a Brick Break. Speaking of Dialga, I bring it in now, as it's almost impossible to switch in against.

---
---
Pointed stones dug into Mewtwo.
Mewtwo lost 12% of its health.
Dialga used Dragon Claw.
Mewtwo lost 47% of its health.

Dialga - 94% Health.
Mewtwo - 31% Health.
---

A Brick Break was far too obvious and I didn't really want to use up a Draco Meteor and lower my SpAtk for nothing. I Dragon Claw on the switch hoping to hit a Latias expecting the Brick Break. Out comes Mewtwo which is just as good as I cripple it almost reneging it's ability to switch in again. Aura Sphere is a likely choice and from experience, when a Pokemon is low on health, a player won't try anything too risky. I go to Lugia anticipating the Aura Sphere as it could 2HKO but weakened Blissey when factoring in Stealth Rock damage.

---
Pointed stones dug into Lugia.
Lugia lost 25% of its health.
Mewtwo used Aura Sphere.
Lugia lost 7% of its health.

Lugia - 68% Health.
Mewtwo - 31% Health.
---

Stealth Rocks really hate Lugia and the feeling is much reciprocated. Even with the paltry damage down by Aura Sphere, the amount of damage dealt in conjunction with entry hazards makes Lugia very unhappy. I opt to Ice Beam in an attempt to finish off that Mewtwo right then and there. This was probably one of my larger mistakes of the match as I could've just relied on my Stealth Rocks to do the job for me.

---
Lugia used Ice Beam.
Blissey lost 7% of its health.

Lugia - 74% Health.
Blissey - 87% Health.
---

And here's why. I've been trapped between (Stealth) Rock(s) and a hard place. If I stay in and Roost, i'm risking the chance of paralysis or poisoning both of which can cause Lugia harm. If I switch out, the next time I come back in, i'll under 50% allowing quite a few pokemon to finish me off. I retreat Lugia in the hopes that i'll be able to bring him on his various resists and roost up from there. Blissey is an all-purpose status-scout and can even WishHeal Lugia for me, the pair working together well as Lugia takes fighting and all sorts of physical blows.

---
(Train's) Pointed stones dug into Blissey.
(Train's) Blissey lost 12% of its health.
(Treason's) Blissey used Toxic.
Blissey was badly poisoned!

(Train's) Blissey - 40% Health. Badly Poisoned.
(Treason's) Blissey - 93% Health.
---
(Treason's) Blissey used Stealth Rock.
But it failed!
(Train's) Blissey used Wish.

(Train's) Blissey - 34% Health. Badly Poisoned.
(Treason's) Blissey - 99% Health.
---
But it failed!
The wish came true!

Blissey - 69% Health. Badly Poisoned.
Dialga - 45% Health.
---

With Blissey already battered and broken, I try to heal off prior wounds with Wish but this turns out to be a choice with the poison seeping in faster than Wish can heal. Treason chooses to stall out with Stealth Rock as my I make my Wish and switch in Dialga as I try again to feebly paralyze something. If Anything but that dastardly Dialga on the switch... I figure at this point that Blissey is mostly dead weight suffering similiarly to Lugia. I can't stay in due to Toxic but I can't switch out due to Stealth Rock. Seismic Toss alongside LO recoil will at least shut down that pesky Dialga once and for all.

---
Blissey used Seismic Toss.
Dialga lost 27% of its health.
Dialga used Brick Break.
It's super effective!
Blissey lost 67% of its health.
Dialga lost 2% of its health.
Mr.Treason's Dialga fainted.
Blissey is hurt by poison!
Blissey lost 16% of its health.
Train Man's Blissey fainted.

Blissey - 0% Fainted.
Dialga - 0% Fainted.

4-4
---

Recap:
I have Groudon, Dialga, Lugia and a (hidden) Rayquaza. Lugia's on approximately 75%, while Groudon and Dialga are pretty tip-top. Stealth Rocks will hurt both Lugia and Rayquaza but will only do LOL damage to Groudon and Dialga.

He has Latias, Blissey, Mewtwo and his own (unseen) Rayquaza. Mewtwo is down for the count, Latias is injured but by no means any less of a threat and Blissey is at 100%.

Though it might not look it, it's late-game at this point. I've lost two very valuable members of my Defence and Treason's lost two offensive players. Latias is looking a lot more dangerous but I still can rely on Dialga's Dragon Claw to take it down. I bring in Dialga to take Blissey/Latias though Mewtwo and the currently unseen Rayquaza could still prove a problem.

---

Dialga - 88% Health.
Mewtwo - 15% Health.
---

He brings out his Mewtwo while I send out Dialga. The advatange is clearly in Treason's hand and feeling the pressure, without either Blissey or Kyogre, and three of my four remaining pokemon weak to Ice Beam, i'm in a tricky spot. I need to save my Dialga for later and thus can not risk the possibility of an Aura Sphere. Groudon may be needed to take out Blissey fast and hard and Rayquaza is my ultimate late-game force. I sacrifice having seen nothing else physical on his team. There's still a slight chance he could Aura Sphere though, enabling me to roost up, but that's still pretty unlikely.

---
Pointed stones dug into Lugia.
Lugia lost 25% of its health.
Mewtwo used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Lugia lost 53% of its health.
Train Man's Lugia fainted.

Lugia - 0% Fainted.
Mewtwo - 15% Health.

3-4
---

He went with the Ice Beam. I figure it's safe enough going back to Dialga now as it's SpDef can handle an un-STAB'd Ice Beam with ease. Dialga can take out Latias who is still a pretty big problem as I can not switch Dialga directly into the line of fire.

---
Dialga used Dragon Claw.
Blissey lost 39% of its health.

Dialga - 82% Health.
Blissey - 55% Health.
---

A good sacrifice on his part. Blissey couldn't wall Groudon or Dialga (nor Rayquaza) in the slightest. This will result in a free switch-in for Treason allowing his SpecsTwo to batter my wall-less team again. Things are looking dire despite my chance at an easy KO.

---
Dialga used Brick Break.
It's super effective!
Blissey lost 53% of its health.
Mr.Treason's Blissey fainted.

Dialga - 82% Health.
Blissey - 0% Fainted.

3-3
---

Dialga - 82% Health
Mewtwo - 3% Health.
---

Immediately after the fall of Blissey, Treason jumps in with his Mewtwo. Seeing no further use of my Groudon (Dialga will still be needed against Latias and Rayquaza may still have a role to play) I switch it in acknowledging that it'll merely serve as death fodder.

---
C used Aura Sphere.
Groudon lost 50% of its health.

Groudon - 50% Health.
Mewtwo - 3% Health.
---
Mewtwo used Aura Sphere.
Groudon lost 48% of its health.
Groudon used Earthquake.
Mewtwo lost 1% of its health.
Mr.Treason's Mewtwo fainted.

Groudon - 8% Health.
Mewtwo - 0% Fainted.

3-2
---

What!? Groudon survived two SpecsTwo's Aura Spheres and managed to KO Mewtwo with it's dying breath. This Rock Titan has served me well indirectly damaging many a pokemon with Stealth Rocks and finishing off one of Treason's most dangerous pokemon to boot. Those HP and SpDef EVs will never be removed!

---
Mr.Treason: DAMN YOU, DAMAGE MODIFIERS

Mr.Treason switched in Latias.
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Groudon lost 8% of its health.
Train Man's Groudon fainted.

Groudon - 0% Fainted.
Latias - 65% Health.

2-2
---

Very fast paced, just like a good game of Ubers should be. I'm still quite anxious and apprehensive regarding his final pokemon. To be honest, if Groudon had died, I might actually be in a better position. Mewtwo would be locked into Aura Sphere allowing me to bring in my Rayquaza and dance in its face. Though I won't complain about luck, good or bad. Groudon finally falls to allow a free switch-in to Dialga so it can finish off Latias and possibly end this game.

---
---
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Dialga lost 61% of its health.
Dialga used Dragon Claw.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 65% of its health.
Mr.Treason's Latias fainted.

Dialga - 15% Health.
Latias - 0% Fainted.

2-1
---

Latias goes down swiping crippling my Dialga in the process. He finally reveals his last to me. Had it been a dangerous Deoxys-A, a monstrous ScarfOgre or even an ever-annoying and unkillable Lugia, I would've been down for. He throws his pokeball down to reveal...

---
Mr.Treason switched in Rayquaza.
Pointed stones dug into Rayquaza.
Rayquaza lost 25% of its health.
---

RAYQUAZA!! But I guess you already knew that. At this point I was pannicking. It could easily outspeed my Dialga that's for sure, but what if it's scarfed? Or even Jolly/Timid for that matter. My Rayquaza's Adamant to boost the power of it's extremespeed but i'm pretty sure that even a LO/Adamant Extremespeed will do less than half to another serpent of the sky. I know for one thing, Dialga's down for.

---
Mr.Treason: Wow, this is really fun
Train Man: definitely

Rayquaza used Extremespeed.
Dialga lost 15% of its health.
Train Man's Dialga fainted.
Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.

Rayquaza - 65% Health.
Dialga - 0% Fainted.
---
Train Man switched in Rayquaza.
Pointed stones dug into Rayquaza.
Rayquaza lost 25% of its health.

Train Man: jolly?
Train Man: or adamant?
Mr.Treason: Adamant
Mr.Treason: Do I lose?
Train Man: adamant too
Train Man: we'll see
Mr.Treason: 50% winning each way
Mr.Treason: We both can't KO with ESpeed unless we go second
Flashing Lights: TM wins.
Mr.Treason: What?
Mr.Treason: TM?
Flashing Lights: Not MT.
Flashing Lights: Muahah
Train Man: TM - Train Man?
Flashing Lights: mhm
Mr.Treason: Oh
Mr.Treason: lol
Mr.Treason: I'm going Outrage
Colin has entered the room.
Colin: this looks intense
Mr.Treason: Heh
Mr.Treason: It is
Mr.Treason: I think this is down to the 50% speed tie

(Train's) Rayquaza - 75% Health.
(Treason's) Rayquaza - 65% Health.
---

We engage in some banter to distract ourselves from the fact that such a great and epic Game will be decided by a coinflip. Two Adamant Rayquazas stare each other down. We both know that an Extremespeed will not be enough to KO. An outrage is the only thing that can guarantee victory. Flashing Lights backs a winner and Colin enters at the last second to bear witness to this duel. Through the chat, I select Outrage, he does too and...

---
Rayquaza used Outrage.
Rayquaza went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Rayquaza lost 65% of its health.
Mr. Treason's Rayquaza fainted.

1-0, GG Mr. Treason.
---

You can actually pick your own winner, depending on who you thought played better as the final turn of the match was in neither of our hands.

PROPS:
* Rayquaza VS Rayquaza. Decided by Speed ties.
* MixDialga's on both sides leading to some nice prediction and mind-gaming.
* Abomasnow! Three different weather effects in the same match.
* Little amounts of stalling.
* Blissey surviving at 1% and Groudon at 2%.
* Stealth Rock nailing both sides.

SLOPS:
* The Hax was leaning slightly towards me in terms of lucky paralysis' and such.
* Abomasnow while being cool and summoning Hail didn't really do too much else.

Thanks for reading this Warstory and please post your comments. I've taken a break from the Shoddy Ladder (both OU and Ubers) and have just been eliminated from Uber Clash (Though my Teammates and Team ?_? still live on!) but I encourage any reader to try and play Ubers as it's one of the fastest and funnest Metagames this side of RBY.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to add this but,
Thanks Misty for badging me.
Thanks Phuquoph for archiving my last Warstory.

Nothing else to say, but
Choo-Chooooo! lol, Gouki and LGY.

Definately a great warstory. Great predictions, and a good match really sum it up. Looks like you guys had alot of fun too.

Good job.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Great warstory. It was very enjoyable to read, with good predictions and such. I always enjoy your warstories Train Man. You always know when to post them at the right time too, because there haven't been too many good ones lately. I hope you continue to write more.

This was definitely a fun and exciting battle to watch. You both were on top of each others moves for the most part.

When the game ends by a 50/50 coin toss, it's always a heart breaker. Though rare.

Great warstory, love the insights.

Once again T-man another great warstory and interesting read with a pretty climatic ending. Good job on the win and on that note Jolly Ray is always better!

EDIT:
Wait, Maniaclyrasist is Vanz?! I never knew that. That's kinda cool as I'm still unbeaten against him (apologies for gloating).
If you mean your GGerbil account then your sadly mistaken.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ctrl C, Ctrl P. Great read. Another 5 star warstory

Lol, how long did it take for you to make that new team?

Definately a great warstory. Great predictions, and a good match really sum it up. Looks like you guys had alot of fun too.
Thanks! It was a blast.

Great warstory. It was very enjoyable to read, with good predictions and such. I always enjoy your warstories Train Man. You always know when to post them at the right time too, because there haven't been too many good ones lately. I hope you continue to write more.
Yeah, i've got a bunch of stored logs but I dunno if i'll have the time and energy lol.

Great warstory, love the insights.
Thanks!

Once again T-man another great warstory and interesting read with a pretty climatic ending. Good job on the win and on that note Jolly Ray is always better!
Thanks Maniac! 5-Starred me? Yeah, I made mine a Jolly Ray right after, lol.

Another brilliant warstory from Train Man. Ubers definitely needs more attention. Five stars.
Thanks and definitely. The Uber Ladder is kinda decaying, lol.

Great Warstory.... Kept me reading all the way to the end. Those ties at the end are heartbreakers though...
Yeah, but I would'nt have minded if it went either way. It's about the journey not the destination.

Ctrl C, Ctrl P. Great read. Another 5 star warstory

Lol, how long did it take for you to make that new team?
Thanks Sand, lol. It took me about 8 months from my last team, heh. I'm working on a newer one at the moment, as well. =D

I don't really know what to say other than I really enjoyed this. Even though I don't have anything to offer I'd hate to see such a well played game and equally well written warstory only get a few replies.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Awesome warstory. I have a pretty awesome ubers match against Seth to warstory once my uber clash run ends (so hopefully not for a while :P)

That was an excellent warstory, your commentary is great and the battle was quite intense!

Congratulations on your badge and your thousandth post.

Made a few minor grammatical edits.

I don't really know what to say other than I really enjoyed this. Even though I don't have anything to offer I'd hate to see such a well played game and equally well written warstory only get a few replies.
Thanks for posting. Every comment is much appreciated.

Awesome warstory. I have a pretty awesome ubers match against Seth to warstory once my uber clash run ends (so hopefully not for a while :P)
Cool! Looking forward to it. And good luck for the rest of Uber Clash as well.

It's stories like this that makes me want to go and try some ubers.

Good job, Train Man.
Thanks! You definitely should. Read Jibaku's and Sage's guide for great introduction, go through a few RMTs and finish off by reading some Jibby's and Seph's archived stories. That's what started it all for me =D

Ubers is by far the best tier. Good work.
Truth! First tier I got into when I started playing competitive DP.

That was an excellent warstory, your commentary is great and the battle was quite intense!

Congratulations on your badge and your thousandth post.
Thanks EW! You too gave me a lot of practice matches prior to Uber Clash. I have a log of a great battle against you too, but you're still in the Tournament so I chose to save it. Your Team-Rater badge is looking pretty spiffy too.

wow i really liked this one (just like your other warstories^^).I think I'll start playing Uber soon,'cause this metagame really looks much more faster than the OU metagame.gj!

Wait, Maniaclyrasist is Vanz?! I never knew that. That's kinda cool as I'm still unbeaten against him (apologies for gloating).

Anyway, another excellent warstory Train Man, easily the best I've seen in the last month or so. Makes me feel a bit guilty as I haven't yet made an effort to write a warstory despite having some great battles recently, especially against Jeb, the current No. 1.

Great warstory, just like all your other ones. Both of you played really well, commentary was awesome, well the warstory was just awesome!

I thought the ending was quite dramatic with the way you wrote it.

Train Man warstories are always a sure bet. Nice Battle!
Thanks!

now i really liked this one (just like your other warstories^^).I think I'll start playing Uber soon,'cause this metagame really looks much more faster than the OU metagame.gj!
You should and it is, lol. Thanks as well.

Anyway, another excellent warstory Train Man, easily the best I've seen in the last month or so. Makes me feel a bit guilty as I haven't yet made an effort to write a warstory despite having some great battles recently, especially against Jeb, the current No. 1.
Thanks. You definitely should write a Warstory. I love reading from other people's perspectives and seeing what goes through their heads during match.

Great warstory, just like all your other ones. Both of you played really well, commentary was awesome, well the warstory was just awesome!

I thought the ending was quite dramatic with the way you wrote it.
lol, that's what I was going for. =D Thanks!

love it. love it. gg to both of you
Thanks! MillionDaggers from GFaqs? Anyway thanks for reading.

This was very entertaining. Great job.

I'll leave this here for a couple more days, then it is getting moved to the Warstory Archive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)