Metagame Multibility

iapt

the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone, this meta looks very interesting, so I'm gonna make a quick post. Just from some quick observations, it seems as though -ate abilities, terrains and things like the primal weathers, transistor, magic guard and prankster will all be very strong. Basically, stacking abilities that are strong in aaa with mons that have already strong abilities seem to be the basis of the meta. Regen mons will be great and mons that have boosting abilities, such as krookodile or beast boost users with more immediate power abilities such as tough claws or adaptability also seem very strong. I will probably do some theorymonning tomorrow and later and get back to this post.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
:ss/Victini:
Victini @ Adaptability
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Psychic

Discovered this one in testing while trying to think of ways to break stall. Bolt Strike + U-turn gives the ability to chip things like Shadow Shield + Regen (at least, kinda sorta), and V-create nukes pretty much every non-immunity. This set also calcs nicely versus things like Volt Absorb Toxapex: 4 SpA Adaptability Victini Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 248-296 (81.5 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. In essence, never missing the high BP moves + having the coverage necessary to cook things running immunity abilities should help.

Edit - forgot to drop a paste of my team with it so:

:Victini::Zeraora::Corviknight::Clefable::Rillaboom::Swampert:
https://pokepast.es/8b2f8198c5c8ab17

Last edited:
skill link technician seems pretty good in this meta

:ss/cinccino:
Cinccino @ technician
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Triple Axel
- Tail Slap
This set could be nice because of its great speed tier with coverage skill link
technician moves, notably hitting things like swampert and lando-t.
Adamant nature still outspeeds max speed base 100s.
252+ Atk Technician Cinccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 150-180 (49.3 - 59.2%) -- approx. 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Cinccino Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 250-300 (63.4 - 76.1%) -- approx. 2HKO

:ss/cloyster:
Cloyster @ technician
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard /Pin Missile
Pretty much the same idea as the set above, but with setup. Hits very hard at
+2 however, prankster haze is going to be a problem for it. This thing is still
a threat. Pin missile is for coverage and for slowbro and etc and shard is for
regieleki.

+2 252+ Atk Technician Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 195-230 (64.1 - 75.6%) -- approx. 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Technician Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 420-495 (103.9 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Technician Cloyster Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 490-580 (124.3 - 147.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Technician Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 245-290 (62.1 - 73.6%) -- approx. 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Technician Cloyster Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Regieleki: 298-352 (99 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Q: Can my abilities be Knocked Off, Tricked, Flung, or otherwise removed by item-specific effects?
A: No, they cannot.

Q: Do abilities stack?
A: No. For example, Regenerator + Regenerator only restores 33%, not 67%.
I actually have an extended question for these.
Does Poltergeist work against Pokemon with abilities on their item slot? And, would 2 abilities with different IDs/names but have pretty much the same effect stack in the metagame? That is to say, will Rough Skin and Iron Barbs work together? Additionally, since As One combines Unnerve+Chill/Grim Neigh, would As One with the respective Neighs work together?

Oh mee gawd I just had a very sick idea
:ss/cloyster:
Cloyster @ Technician
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Liquidation
The irritating oyster is back, and this it time its got something even more evil. Icicle Spear now hits stronger than V-create and that at +2 is a nightmare for anything. Setting up might be hard with all the crazy stuff going around, but if you get that Shell Smash off, the opponents going to have a hard time counterplaying it (steels dont exist ok).
Also I think weathers gonna be somewhat crazy and might be worth banning if it turns out to be too overwhelming (currently working on some adaptability sand rush dracozolt stuff).

ps- This was my first post, did I mess up?

Does stuff like Moxie+Chilling Neigh stack because they're technically different abilities?Asking because I remember using Rough Skin+Iron Barbs in Shared Power and whenever I was hit by a contact move,both would activate and do a total of 1/4 damage.
And, would 2 abilities with different IDs/names but have pretty much the same effect stack in the metagame? That is to say, will Rough Skin and Iron Barbs work together? Additionally, since As One combines Unnerve+Chill/Grim Neigh, would As One with the respective Neighs work together?
Currently, clone abilities stack, similar to in other multi-ability formats like Shared Power. However, in 2 Ability Clause, clones both count towards the same limited pool, so they do in the Multibility version of this check as well. E.g. Garchomp with natural Rough Skin and Multibility Iron Barbs is legal and both should activate on contact, but you wouldn't be allowed to have Iron Barbs Ferrothorn on the same team, since that would give you 3 clones of Rough Skin in total.

As Ones should stack also, and apparently aren't considered clones of Unnerve or the Neighs (I guess because they aren't completely identical).

I actually have an extended question for these.
Does Poltergeist work against Pokemon with abilities on their item slot?
Currently, yes. It behaves like this:-

Turn 4
The extremely harsh sunlight faded.

Zarude, come back!
Go! Mew!
[Mew's Frisk]
Mew frisked the opposing Volcanion and found its regenerator!

The opposing Volcanion used Defog!
Mew's evasiveness fell!

Turn 5

Mew used Poltergeist!
The opposing Volcanion is about to be attacked by its regenerator!
(The opposing Volcanion lost 34% of its health!)

The opposing Volcanion used Defog!
Mew's evasiveness fell!
However, I'm not really sure if this is correct since I think Drampa indicated that he expected it not to work earlier on.

drampa's grandpa in the hills Think

Currently the Multibility abilities are treated as irremovable items, similar to Z Crystals, in order to prevent them from being Knocked Off or Tricked (the default behaviour if absolutely nothing is done to an non-existent item that is allowed to pass the validator is that it can be removed using moves like these, although this doesn't remove/transfer abilities by itself). However, I don't think there is a case of a real type of item that is immune to Poltergeist or Frisk (Poltergeist only seems to check if an item exists on the opponent, not what kind of item it is). Technically it could be possible to mod moves and abilities like this on an ad hoc basis so that they ignore only Multibility "items" to prevent this but IMO this seems somewhat Pet Mod-esque.

Another option could be to strip the Multibility "items" at the start of the battle so that the Pokemon with them aren't holding anything during the battle, making them immune to Poltergeist (but obviously vulnerable to being Tricked). There are various pros and cons to each approach, but I think having the Multibilities be real "items" that can be checked by the user on mouse over is predominately a big benefit that makes it significantly easier to track what their sets are in-battle, probably especially so when sample teams are added.

Wandering spirit, Mummy: do these replace two abilities? Does the wandering spirit user get both if two?
These abilities pick one (if any) of the opponent's compatible abilities at random to activate (same as previous multiple ability OMs).

Is there any value in Mist (Prankster or otherwise) combined with a boosting move/ability and recovery? Mist prevents your stats from being wiped out by Haze and prankster ensures you go first. Examples include Cresselia, Pelipper, Tapu Fini and Altaria. Just a thought as a counter measure to all the prankster haze going around.

Tapu Fini @ Prankster
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mist
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Scald/Toxic

Last edited:
However, I'm not really sure if this is correct since I think Drampa indicated that he expected it not to work earlier on.

drampa's grandpa in the hills Think

Currently the Multibility abilities are treated as irremovable items, similar to Z Crystals, in order to prevent them from being Knocked Off or Tricked (the default behaviour if absolutely nothing is done to an non-existent item that is allowed to pass the validator is that it can be removed using moves like these, although this doesn't remove/transfer abilities by itself). However, I don't think there is a case of a real type of item that is immune to Poltergeist or Frisk (Poltergeist only seems to check if an item exists on the opponent, not what kind of item it is). Technically it could be possible to mod moves and abilities like this on an ad hoc basis so that they ignore only Multibility "items" to prevent this but IMO this seems somewhat Pet Mod-esque.

Another option could be to strip the Multibility "items" at the start of the battle so that the Pokemon with them aren't holding anything during the battle, making them immune to Poltergeist (but obviously vulnerable to being Tricked). There are various pros and cons to each approach, but I think having the Multibilities be real "items" that can be checked by the user on mouse over is predominately a big benefit that makes it significantly easier to track what their sets are in-battle, probably especially so when sample teams are added.
Well in that case, does Acrobatics treat abilities as items or supposed to treat them as items? The abilities in the item slot are supposed to be abilities inside the item slot rather than just an item with ability effects and being unremovable. I assume that Acrobatics will not have its BP doubled currently, but the intention is for it to be doubled since it has an ability rather than a real item.
Granted, the use cases are actually slim compared to Poltergeist and every physical Ghost type, as most Pokemon with STAB Acrobatics prefer Magic Guard and have Brave Bird, or are not that strong to begin with, and having a few exceptions like Technician Dragapult, Scizor/Scyther, and Rillaboom.

That would be a different meta. Plus, half the point is giving up your item in order to have asecond ability, NOT aving two abilities AND the item.

252 Atk Adaptability Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 164-193 (48 - 56.5%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini in Harsh Sunshine: 183-216 (53.6 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Desoland is much better than Adaptability. With Victini you almost always want to do hit and run with V-create, not psychic or zen headbutt.

252 SpA Adaptability Regidrago Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 364-430 (106.7 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO
This is with 150 Spatk to simulate Dragon's Maw (and max evs, of course)
This is the only reason I have voted for this meta, tbh XD

Regidrago @ Adaptability
Ability: Dragon's Maw
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

I have a morbid curiosity towards Serene Grace's interaction with abilities adding secondary effects to moves. I suppose it works similar to the new synergy with King's Rock and other items having their chances of proccing doubled. So let's say Poison Touch giving you a 60% infliction rate.

So I was skimming over Quick Draw like any self-respecting player would and noticed it explicitly stating how it added the 30% chance to your damaging attacks, rather than any move (in the case with Quick Claw).
Am I correct in assuming Serene Grace doubles QD's activation rate to a whopping 60%?

Togekiss @ Quick Draw
Ability: Serene Grace

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
-Air Slash
-
-
-

Can't wait to face this monster if true :^)

Articuno-Galar @ Weak Armor
Ability: Competitive

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power/Psyshock
-Hurricane
-Recover/Filler

Another find was the absurd damage potential of Weak Armor X Defiant/Competitive, which has been proven to work in Pokebilities. Articuno-G comfortably 2HKO's Blissey after a Weak Armor X Competitive activation coupled with a single Calm Mind, which might pose to be a very common occurrence with the inevitable U-Turn X Regen mons.

+3 252 SpA Articuno-Galar Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 427-504 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
or if you prefer a more direct source of damage:
+3 252 SpA Articuno-Galar Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 336-396 (47 - 55.4%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

Special attackers not being able to hit it Super Effectively will have a tough time overcoming it, courtesy of Calm Mind, While Physical Attackers, trigger its ungodly ability for about 90% of their available movepool.

I'll definitely play around with these gimmicks before moving on to something more true and tested such as Regenerator & Magic Guard.
I can't wait to enter the onslaught and please make sure to consider Shield Dust for the inevitable Serene Grace abuse!:blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
I have a morbid curiosity towards Serene Grace's interaction with abilities adding secondary effects to moves. I suppose it works similar to the new synergy with King's Rock and other items having their chances of proccing doubled. So let's say Poison Touch giving you a 60% infliction rate.

So I was skimming over Quick Draw like any self-respecting player would and noticed it explicitly stating how it added the 30% chance to your damaging attacks, rather than any move (in the case with Quick Claw).
Am I correct in assuming Serene Grace doubles QD's activation rate to a whopping 60%?
Unfortunately(?) it seems that Quick Draw's priority alteration is not considered to be a secondary effect, so it shouldn't be affected by Serene Grace.

However, it does seem that Serene Grace will increase Poison Touch's activation chance to 60% as you say. In addition, Stench's flinch rate should be increased to 20%. I couldn't find any abilities other than those two that seem like they would directly benefit from Serene Grace.

Articuno-Galar @ Weak Armor
Ability: Competitive

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power/Psyshock
-Hurricane
-Recover/Filler

Another find was the absurd damage potential of Weak Armor X Defiant/Competitive, which has been proven to work in Pokebilities. Articuno-G comfortably 2HKO's Blissey after a Weak Armor X Competitive activation coupled with a single Calm Mind, which might pose to be a very common occurrence with the inevitable U-Turn X Regen mons.

+3 252 SpA Articuno-Galar Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 427-504 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
or if you prefer a more direct source of damage:
+3 252 SpA Articuno-Galar Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 336-396 (47 - 55.4%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

Special attackers not being able to hit it Super Effectively will have a tough time overcoming it, courtesy of Calm Mind, While Physical Attackers, trigger its ungodly ability for about 90% of their available movepool.

I'll definitely play around with these gimmicks before moving on to something more true and tested such as Regenerator & Magic Guard.
I can't wait to enter the onslaught and please make sure to consider Shield Dust for the inevitable Serene Grace abuse!:blobthumbsup:
Competitive/Defiant do not work with Weak Armor. It is the same way in Shared Power. You get the weak armor boost, but not the defiant/competitive boost. You could combine Weak Armor with Stamina tho.
Edit: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...bility-3141-oh21zflxejtn22341dzkrp83nhycfgrpw

Last edited:
Competitive/Defiant do not work with Weak Armor. It is the same way in Shared Power. You get the weak armor boost, but not the defiant/competitive boost. You could combine Weak Armor with Stamina tho.
Edit: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...bility-3141-oh21zflxejtn22341dzkrp83nhycfgrpw
Oh shoot! Thanks for clearing that up though. My source was an older Shared Power thread (not Pokebilities as I stated earlier), probably in anticipation of that respective meta - sloppy...

I can't say I'm not a little bit disappointed after learning this.

I got some experimental mons I've been testing, and they seem good enough.

BEAST BOOST MONS
Krookodile @ beastboost
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Once it gets a single kill, it'll start killing most other mons except against speed-boosting abilities. Goes along with many other moxie mons, Get a kill and sweep.

Togekiss @ triage
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draining Kiss
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock

I'm thinking triage is gonna probably get restricted in a couple of days after this OM comes out, since mons like Togekiss and Tapu Bulu take advantage of this ability in AAA. And this is practically the same set in AAA, but with a scope lens (Super Luck).

Swoobat @ beastboost
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot

Nasty Plot and sweep, simple as that. Still weak being a Swoobat, but it seems like it has some good purpose.
Let me know of any feedback, please. And have a good day!

So what happens with moves/abilities that interact with other items/abilities? I see from the FAQ that abilities cannot be removed by item-specific effects, but is the second ability treated as basically holding an "item" with Sticky Hold or as the Pokemon not holding an item?
Is there a general way to approach understanding how they would work?

Some questions that come to mind are:
Does Frisk reveal the second ability?
Does Poltergeist fail?
Would Knock Off get 1.5x damage?
Does Worry Seed only work on the primary ability? (Also other moves that affect abilities like Skill Swap)
What happens with Trace? Mummy? Wandering Spirit? Neutralizing Gas?
Can a Sticky Barb transfer to a Pokemon with 2 abilities?
Does Klutz nullify the second ability?

Kris
Because it seems very likely that Multibility may win the current OMotM vote, here is the TrashChannel implementation source in case it is useful for Showdown:-

https://github.com/WeWuzNidokangz/T......WeWuzNidokangz:mirror-showdown-multibility

It has a dependency on this PR being merged to avoid some of the usual problems with Trace, etc:-

https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/pull/8254

I assume that if Multibility is added to Showdown, the client would be allowed to be changed to allow abilities to be typed into the item slot in the builder for this format, similar to moves in the ability slot in Trademarked.

Hope this can be of some use.

UPDATE: Think notified me that some of the bans were outdated or wrong (Magnet Pull should have been banned not restricted, Urshifu-Base should be banned instead of Single-Strike). These changes should be reflected in the above delta now.

Last edited:
Some questions that come to mind are:
Does Frisk reveal the second ability?
Does Poltergeist fail?
Would Knock Off get 1.5x damage?
Does Worry Seed only work on the primary ability? (Also other moves that affect abilities like Skill Swap)
What happens with Trace? Mummy? Wandering Spirit? Neutralizing Gas?
Can a Sticky Barb transfer to a Pokemon with 2 abilities?
Does Klutz nullify the second ability?
I tested most of these questions. To answer in order: Yes, no, didn't test, Only on primary (Assuming same with skill swap) Trace and mummy only work on primary ability, no, no.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...bility-3146-8jax3r5whpqykbikhvpzxsu0xm1ykjtpw
I'm gonna take a guess that these items have the same properties as Z-Crystals. Since they cannot be destroyed.

BEAST BOOST MONS
Krookodile @ beastboost
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Once it gets a single kill, it'll start killing most other mons except against speed-boosting abilities. Goes along with many other moxie mons, Get a kill and sweep.

Swoobat @ beastboost
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot

Nasty Plot and sweep, simple as that. Still weak being a Swoobat, but it seems like it has some good purpose.
Let me know of any feedback, please. And have a good day!
A problem with Beast Boost & co is you're giving up on a direct boost to your power in exchange for an extreme snowball - Factoring in the loss of a boosting item leaving a lot of the pokes not as threatening as they'd like to be. Krookodile can hope for a weakened poke to stay in, but there are so many defensive answers to pokes with more immediate offensive presence that I doubt it will pull its weight vs fat teams. I think that even a single boost upon KO would be enough if the pokemon itself has an ability such as Gorilla Tactics.

Swoobat is a cool, risky mon, but it too very much prefers something enabling it to start a sweep. I believe both Dauntless Shield and, to a lesser extend, Download give it more immediate utility to work with and contributes to a free 40BP to Stored Power. Dauntless Shield coupled with 248 HP EVs and Calm Mind over Nasty Plot enables you to live some surprising punishment and Calm Mind has the added benefit of netting you more Stored Power output than Nasty Plot would at +6.
That being said; a favorable Download coupled with Nasty Plot is an effective Belly Drum without the nasty side effect.

Last edited:
I tested most of these questions. To answer in order: Yes, no, didn't test, Only on primary (Assuming same with skill swap) Trace and mummy only work on primary ability, no, no.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...bility-3146-8jax3r5whpqykbikhvpzxsu0xm1ykjtpw
I'm gonna take a guess that these items have the same properties as Z-Crystals. Since they cannot be destroyed.
Some of this behavior might be subject to change in future (see discussion of alternate ways things could work here) but thank-you for giving this detailed response. As for Poltergeist, it currently does work against Multibilities.

Some normally horrid abilities (for AAA standards) might start to become some defining forces over here and anything with Regenerator of their own will be a perfect host to many of them.

Slowbro @ Flame Body / Perish Body
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald / Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Have you ever found yourself wanting to burn that physical attacker, escaping your Scald escapades? Just slap Flame Body on it. Regenerator is all about playing the long game and you'll soon find the 30% Burn chance to become a 100% Burn chance against that one problematic Pivot.

Perish Body works a bit differently and combining it with Teleport puts the opponent's sweeper/breaker/w/e on a timer, doubling as a semi Roar. Maybe start spamming Bolt Beaks or Fishious Rends on the inevitable switch-in?
I personally prefer Flame Body over it, because of the existence of U-Turn, making Perish Body more of a double-edged sword than an asset at times.

Excadrill @ Regenerator
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Rapid Spin

MB isn't an unpopular ability by any means and Excadrill is probably the one mon being able to abuse it to it's fullest extend. It voids the Levitators and Magic Bouncers, has a good defensive typing and has a quadruple resist and immunity on two popular hazards if you opt to go for Rapid Spin. Add Regenerator to the mix and you'll have a niche other rockers only dream to fulfill.
Although it might falter to weather, which might become an offensive staple. I prefer it over Swampert, thanks to Mold Breaker and the latter's Flip Turn not helping it against Desolate Land and Flame Body. However, will SR even be worth it, with all mons weak to it probably running Magic Guard?

About that:

Zapdos @ Magic Guard
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge / Volt Switch
- Hurricane / U-Turn
- Roost
- Defog

Just the OU cookie cutter set without it's glaring weaknesses to Toxic and Stealth Rock. It's biggest pro is it being immune to Paralyze, which is one of the few things being able to ruin MG mons. Probably a good answer to Aerilate Spam as well.

Butterfree @ Adaptability
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Air Slash
- Substitute
- Roost

Crawdaunt @ Tinted Lens
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Knock Off

Yes, not the best. Frail in the case of Butterfree, Frail and slow in the case of Crawdaunt, but the combination of the two abilities is what I want to try. GF, cowards, give good abilities to playable mons, dammit XD

Zapdos @ Primordial Sea
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Roost

Similar to the Zapdos presented above, but this boi has REALLY good coverage. I use it in AAA. It needs a life orb to actually 2hko Ferrothorn, though :( Modest iirc is not enough.
252+ SpA Zapdos Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 169-199 (48 - 56.5%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Ok, it's a roll. 88,3% after rocks. Guaranteed 2hko after 1 layer of spikes and leftovers recovery. BOTH CALCS WORK IF ZAP IS MODEST, which might be the best option, if you need a secondary way to kill ferro.

Henlo people, since Multibility is probably being elected next OMotM I just wanted to drop some of my ideas about this cool metagame.

:ss/Tornadus-Therian:

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / U-Turn

Pretty much your regular Nasty Plot Tornadus-T, except this time it can actually act as a reliable win condition. Not bothered as much by hazards as other flying types due to its natural access to Regenerator, while having a great speed tier for a metagame where Choice Scarf users tend to be less common than usual. Taunt is probably the best fourth move as it helps a lot against Regen Bliss, but you may as well run U-Turn in order to have an easier time gaining momentum.

:ss/Weavile:

Weavile @ Technician
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Low Kick / Beat Up / Bite
- Ice Shard

Weavile seems to be broken in every single SS metagame, what could possibly make it be different here ? The lack of HDB ? Anyway, Technician-boosted Triple Axel hits stupidly hard, while Ice Shard helps with faster mons such as Pult, Zera or Eleki and slower priority users like Rillaboom. Use whatever you want on the last moveslot, Low Kick helps with Steel Types such as Heatran while Beat Up and even Bite are riskier, higher rewarding options that may notably allow you to bypass Toxapex. Not sure wich one is overall better than the others.

:ss/Toxapex:

Toxapex @ Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes / Poison Jab

Speaking of the Devil, Volt Absorb Pex might be one of the most anti-meta walls out there. Totally invalidating Refrigerate Regieleki, one of the most threatening and overrated mons of the metagame has no price, while being able to wall or at least to deal with broken Electric moves abusers such as Koko or Dracozolt is super cool and will always be welcomed. Set is self-explainatory.

:ss/Lucario:

Lucario @ Galvanize / Refrigerate
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash

Lastly but not least, Multibility might finally give Lucario its time to shine. Setup a Swords Dance, remove the opposing Fighting check with an -ate boosted Extreme Speed and then just smash that Close Combat button ! Only issue being if you face Landorus while using Galvanize or Bro while using Refrigerate. Wich may happen, well ... Probably often, just wanted to drop that cool doggo set.

That's all for today, have fun with these mons !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)