Metagame Multibility

:ss/hoothoot:
TINTED LENS HAS BEEN RESTRICTED IN MULTIBILITY!

Following discussion in this thread and in the room the council has unanimously voted to restrict Tinted Lens. Abusers such as Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu who are naturally able to freely click one high-powered attack become overwhelming when they effectively have no resists. We discussed banning specific abusers but came to the conclusion that the ability itself is what is pushing multiple Pokemon over the edge, and that it is unreasonable to expect the metagame to effectively balance with Tinted Lens present.
Note that this is a restriction, not a Ban. The difference being Pokémon that naturally get Tinted Lens can still use it in their normal ability slot.

:ss/castform:
SWIFT SWIM, CHLOROPHYLL, SAND RUSH, and SLUSH RUSH HAVE BEEN BANNED

The Multibility metagame has been heavily centralized around weather since the ladder first dropped. As we have previously discussed this is a complex issue, where our true target is not something we can directly ban due to being the combination of two abilities, being weather + weather speed abilities. The council has decided to ban the weather speed abilities as opposed to the weather-setting abilities as we are endeavoring to both keep our bans as uncomplex and as non-interfering as possible. This ban allows weather to still be used as a tool, either as an archetype or by individual Pokémon, while still removing the aspect of it that has become problematic and excessively centralizing.
Note that this is a ban, not a restriction. The difference being Pokémon such as Venusaur or Seismitoad which naturally get these abilities will no longer be able to use them, in addition to being banned in the Multibility slot.

:ss/raichu-alola:
What we did NOT ban in this specific round is Surge Surfer. It is on our radar, especially with the removal of several tools that previously kept it in check, however we felt its performance in the pre-ban slate metagame did not quite warrant a quickban.

As always we love to hear from you all, so please let us know what you think about these bans and how you find the metagame to change!​

tl;dr
Tinted Lens has been restricted
Chlorophyll has been banned
Swift Swim has been banned
Slush Rush has been banned
Sand Rush has been banned
tagging Kris

LMAO I just opened forums to show the team I got to the top of the ladder with and I see this post

Capture.PNG

Aegislash @ adaptability
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Tapu Lele @ tintedlens
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Psyshock

Barraskewda @ primordialsea
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flip Turn
- Liquidation
- Drill Run

Garchomp @ regenerator
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Ninetales-Alola @ slushrush
Ability: Snow Warning
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Moonblast

Tapu Fini @ regenerator
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Taunt
- Moonblast

Literally half of this team is banned, and for good reason Lele 2hko's damn near everything, everyone and their mom knows what Barraskewda does Drill Run was chosen on this set as a Regieleki/Raichu-Alola check, but Psychic Fangs is generally better for hitting Toxapex and Venusaur. Alolan Ninetails was chosen for having the niche of Freeze-Dry which hit all prominent weather sweepers super-effectively, while also hitting Zapdos and Goodra.

The other half, however is still not to be messed with. The dual Regenerator core of Garchomp and Tapu Fini has proved nigh impenetrable. You have to play smart around Venusaur, Goodra, and Electric types that can hit Garchomp, but those are either grounded, so they get hit by Earthquake, or are in the air and get hit by Toxic (Regieleki doesn't KO from full with Extreme Speed, and Tapu Lele's terrain negates the move anyway leaving only the even weaker rapid spin).

The star of the show however, is Aegislash. This damn monster 2hko's EVERYTHING save for certain Ferrothorn spreads and Stamina Blissey which needs 2 or 3 switches to be put into Close Combat range, but is still breakable nonetheless.

0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 182-216 (51.7 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Adaptability Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 178-210 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 418-494 (58.5 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Adaptability Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 150-178 (49.3 - 58.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Adaptability Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 316-372 (80.2 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Adaptability Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Corviknight: 210-248 (52.6 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As a side note, now that speed boosting abilities are banned, priority will take its place as speed control, so be sure to bust out your Psychic Surge Alakazams and Dazzling/Queenly Majesty *Insert speed boosting setup sweeper here*.

So I picked Multibility back up again after a short hiatus and would like to put an unconventional mon into the spotlight as it helped me overcoming stall almost all by itself.

Toxicroak @ Primordial Sea
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake (Ice Punch / Sucker Punch)
- Swords Dance

I initially picked Toxicroak as it could muscle past Clefable without a boost and had a LOT of staying power inbetween it's immunities to Toxic, Water and Fire moves courtesy of it's typing and abilities and recovery in Dry Skin and Drain Punch. Meaning it gets back to full health in no time against more defensive builds.

Prankster Toxapex remains a problem, but it CANNOT Switch into a +2 EQ to Haze Croak without getting 2HKO'd. Additionally, Toxapex can't touch you, meaning there's next to no penalty in boosting on a predicted switch-out, potentially marauding whatever comes in next.

248 HP EVs let's it stomach a lot of punishment, such as Aegislash's Shadow Ball for instance, enabling it to KO it in return with EQ. 16 Spe means it outspeeds standard Crawdaunt and other 55's and uninvested Rotom-A, which is a small price to pay.
The set I'm using is geared towards dismantling stall, but it can be tailored to go toe-to-toe with weather abusers and Lando-T.

It fares extremely well against the team posted by Toxtection as I have dismantled a few of its incarnations in the high 1400's, which probably tells a lot about Toxicroak, as I previously had an estimated lowly 50% winning rate, as stated by one of my opponents.
:bloblul:

Toxicroak2.PNG

Censored the name, because the player didn't take it all too well.

I want to stress how useful Flame Body and Static have been in this meta as the chance of pulling its weight is 100% in the longer battles of attrition. Putting these abilities on natural resilient mons such as Slowbro is a godsend and means you can forgo Scald for other goodies.

The biggest, baddest and gooeist wall of them all. Primordial Sea Goodra can wall the meta with its insane special defence whilst setting up with acid armour to power up its body press. Thanks to Hydration, rest provides a 100% Heal with the sleep being cured straight after as well as an immunity to all status effects whilst Primordial Sea is active.
goodra.png

Goodra @ Primordial Sea
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Acid Armor
- Body Press

Last edited:
The biggest, baddest and gooeist wall of them all. Primordial Sea Goodra can wall the meta with its insane special defence whilst setting up with acid armour to power up its body press. Thanks to Hydration, rest provides a 100% Heal with the sleep being cured straight after as well as an immunity to all status effects whilst Primordial Sea is active.
View attachment 377435
Goodra @ Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Acid Armor
- Body Press
I remember making one of these in Godly Gift but with Calyrex-I’s defense. It’s pretty good, but I would put more investment into Physical bulk since it’s already specially bulky and it makes Body Press stronger.
You can alteratively have Sap Sipper+Scrappy/Corrosive since this set is hard countered by Aegislash and Gengar.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
View attachment 377435
Goodra @ Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Acid Armor
- Body Press
i think i posted about primsea goodra about a page back but i like this take too :blobthumbsup:. though id say that you might want more pdef investment mostly because goodra's pdef is pretty pretty trash.

Just making a throwaway account to post about a glitch in the OM I found. Corrosive Gas ends up destroying your second ability as an item when paired with Neutralizing Gas. It's... niche, but still annoying.

Here are two replays where I managed to recreate it. Sadly didn't think to save my original match against it before I closed it.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8multibility-1435045297
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8multibility-1435047141

Loving this game so far!

EDIT: Been made aware that I am not allowed to use secondary accounts. Since I don't actually have an account on Smogon, I guess this is mine now? It's unlikely I'll post again anyway haha

Just making a throwaway account to post about a glitch in the OM I found. Corrosive Gas ends up destroying your second ability as an item when paired with Neutralizing Gas. It's... niche, but still annoying.

Here are two replays where I managed to recreate it. Sadly didn't think to save my original match against it before I closed it.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8multibility-1435045297
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8multibility-1435047141

Loving this game so far!

EDIT: Been made aware that I am not allowed to use secondary accounts. Since I don't actually have an account on Smogon, I guess this is mine now? It's unlikely I'll post again anyway haha
Honestly this sounds really good actually. Can someone test if this is permanent? If it is, then that could really bump Weezing’s viability a whole lot.

I come again with another request for team revision, this time with a Webs Offense team

Scizor @ steelyspirit
Ability: Technician
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- U-turn
Scizor is ready to spam Bullet Punch to victory in yet another format, this time with a 90 BP STAB priority move instead of just 60. Standard offensive SD Scizor set, Superpower kills Heatran and other annoying steels. U-Turn lets Scizor generate momentum for the team and still deals decent damage due to Scizor having STAB on it

Victini @ desolateland
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
You already know what this thing does. Adamant nature since webs are cool and good but other than that this is the standard Victini

Ribombee @ Teravolt
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Imprison
- Defog
The lead of the team, faster than most other mons in the tier and can take at least one hit. Defog acts as both an emergency option against hazard spam and gives me the ability to stuff other defogs if the situation calls. Also blocks U-Turn which is nice

Landorus-Therian @ regenerator
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
Ever wondered what Gorilla Glue as a Pokemon looks like? Well, here you go. This thing is 100% the MVP of my time on ladder with this team and is the main reason I'm not getting immediately bowled over by opposing offense. Furthermore, this acts as a consistent source of rocks and momentum with U-Turn and Explosion. Explosion on its own can also act as an emergency defog block, though I haven't used the move much myself

Tapu Bulu @ Triage
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat
Pretty standard Triage Bulu. Hits really hard and can wall break really effectively if Corviknight is off the field.

Tapu Lele @ sheerforce
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
Probably the best of the offensive mons on my team, this thing is really fucking strong. Sheer Force Terrain boosted Psychics 2HKO or OHKO almost every non-resist in the metagame, not to mention if you get a Calm Mind off, which is very possible given how many people wanna go into their Slowtwins or steel when they see this on the field. Psychic Terrain itself also really helps Lele sweep and lets it counter Triage Buzzwole, though it can interfere with Scizor a bit, although I haven't ran into that much.

As for problems I've noticed with the team, it struggles with fast offensive flying types, especially those packing Primordial Sea, since Victini can't reliably switch into them due to its frailty. The best bet with them is usually chipping them down with rocks and priority from Scizor and Bulu, but in general, these mons are very tough to deal with. Feedback appreciated!

I want to show an offensive team I've been using to great success.

Scizor @ Steelworker
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn

this steelworker set has been shown many times here but I wanted to add many people usually think Scizor runs flash fire, and if you play aggressively vs fire types they usually won't click fire moves. You would expect this set to not work very well with zam's terrain but it's very easy to play around and this mon is a great late game cleaner.

Swampert @ regenerator
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

This thing is such a monster pivot, even with its meh ability in OU it stills sees play due to how good it is at pivoting and setting up rocks. It also can come in on explosions and even Mind Blown from Blacephalons.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ regenerator
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Speaking of insane pivots, Landorus is also really good at taking a hit and u-turning into my various huge threats. Defog is also kinda necessary on the team due to this team being weak to sticky webs unfortunately.

Blacephalon @ magicguard
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flame Charge
- Mind Blown
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

This. Thing. Is. Insane. I can't tell you how many times I've 6-0'd from lead matchup. Nobody ever expects flame charge, and after a flame charge it pretty much outspeeds the entire metagame since scarfers are rare and people usually don't run + speed nature eleki. AND this thing hard counters blissey unless they run T-wave. Just look at this: 252 SpA Blacephalon Mind Blown vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 330-388 (86.3 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO. If this thing gets a kill you pretty much win.

Alakazam @ psychicsurge
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Expanding Force
- Recover
- Focus Blast

If you hit focus blast you win, it's as simple as that. expanding force hits like a truck and alakazam's speed tier is very, very good. I used to run calm mind because calm mind + magic guard + recover is a really good combo but nasty plot does the job much better. This mon is a key breaker of pex + Blissey + clef + flash fire ferro cores since it np's on both pex and blissey, blasts ferro and threatens to 2hko clef.

Clefable @ dauntlessshield
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

I love walling 90% of the metagame. Also unaware is a rare ability now (it was restricted) and clef does it best.

why not use adaptability over steely spirit?
Steely Spirit makes Bullet Punch stronger than Adaptability, which is worth more than a slightly stronger U-turn.
And because it’s a misconception:
Steely Spirit Technician STAB Bullet Punch is 40*1.5*1.5*1.5 = 135
Adaptability Technician STAB Bullet Punch is 40*2*1.5 = 120.
I remember thinking that Adapt would be a x1.5 boost, but it effectively is a x1.33~.
Also honestly Tough Claws would be better for that Scizor due to it boosting Superpower, even if it’s slightly weaker.

https://pokepast.es/701180d2e74fa528

Just wanna share my generic balanced team.
A bunch of immunities, hard-hitters, a prankster haze and a scarfed lele speed check.

Edit1:
Alternatively you can swap pex for unaware clef.
Lele is technically still out-sped by jolly ninjask and obviously by leki, too. The good thing about scarfed lele is, that it also counters priorities and has a better movepool, while leki can only run either. A good movepool through refrigerate or priority counter through dazzling. Also scarfed is not necessarily but kinda unexpected in this meta.
Lele's speed can be reduced down to e.g. 283 to out-speed zera.

Edit2:
Raikou runs aura sphere to hit ferro, but it can be swapped out for substitute to counter stuff like leech seed and toxic, which can kinda counter ferro too. Otherwise Toxic can be run to pressure mons that would otherwise completely wall. Alternatively you can instead or as well swap out calm mind. Sub + protect with pressure is also a possibility, tho protect is less useful without lefties while sub can be healed off with wish support of blissey and thus can be useful without lefties. Last possibility is the obligatory volt switch.

Edit3:
Lando-T can be swapped out for lando-i for better speed traded for intimidate and a weaker u-turn. Thanks to Cuddly for pointing that out.
To make up for the loss in intimidate, haze pex or alternatively unaware clef can be turned full defensive. Without intimidate, wish support of blissey becomes more difficult to pull off as well, which can be changed to teleport instead as a result. Without wish, soft-boiled might become more necessary now and instead only run a mono attack of choice.

Last edited:

https://pokepast.es/701180d2e74fa528

Just wanna share my generic balanced team.
A bunch of immunities, hard-hitters, a prankster haze and a scarfed lele speed check.

Edit:
Alternatively you can swap pex for unaware clef.
Lele is technically still out-sped by jolly ninjask and obviously by leki, too. The good thing about scarfed lele is, that it also counters priorities and has a better movepool, while leki can only run either. A good movepool through Refrigerate or priority counter through Dazzling. Also scarfed is not necessarily but kinda unexpected in this meta.
Lele's speed can be reduced down to e.g. 283 to out-speed zera.
Do you mind explaining that Landorus-T set a bit? It looks incredibly weird and some hybrid of Defensive and a Mixed Landorus-T set.

Time to drop another stall team:

:slowbro: :corviknight: :blissey: :clefable: :tyranitar: :mantine:

https://pokepast.es/0afb64418dbd458b

:ss/slowbro:

Slowbro @ magicbounce
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Teleport

This is a common set and it fixes one of the biggest issues I had with the other stall, since Blissey was my only magic bouncer on there, I was always reluctant to switch it into Landorus-T, Garchomp and other rockers that have an offensive presence, Future Sight helps break defensive teams, usually by forcing in corviknight.

:ss/corviknight:

Corviknight @ flamebody
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog

In a lot of matches, my opponent would simply keep spamming U-Turn, Volt Switch and Flip Turn which results in the damage quickly adding up, eventually, you will have to make a different switch or stay in and take a big hit, this mon fixes that problem, other than that it's basically just standard Corviknight

:ss/blissey:

Blissey (F) @ magicbounce
Ability: Natural Cure
Serious Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

Same set as in my previous team, but this time since I have a different rocker, I've moved heal bell to clef and put teleport on bliss, this will be your primary switch-in to things like Toxapex and Clefable

:ss/clefable:

Clefable @ dauntlessshield
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Same set as in the previous team, with heal bell insteawd of rocks, it no longer walls Rillaboom and Scizor, since they now run a damage boosting ability instead of tinted lens, although it can still server as an emergency check if you can get it in, it is the primary switch-in to Triage Tapu Bulu and Triage Buzzwole, although you could probably run Calm Mind on this or even just put max SpD investment

:ss/tyranitar:

Tyranitar @ regenerator
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Crunch

I've always wanted to use this thing on stall, sadly, despite its excellent bulk, I simply couldn't use it due to its lack of recovery, with Regenerator, it can easily wall Victini, Blacephalon, Talonflame and Volcarona as well as any Alakazam, Gengar or Tornadus-T that lack Focus Blast, you can also just switch it in on Prim Sea Zapdos to waste PP, just don't get unlucky:

252 SpA Zapdos Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Rain on a critical hit: 346-408 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

:ss/mantine:

Mantine @ voltabsorb
Ability: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic
- Roost

This is the main answer to Prim Sea Zapdos, Aegislash, Tapu Koko, Regieleki and Raichu-Alola (which I haven't seen very often lately), it also beats nearly all of the Calm Mind/Cosmic Power + Stored Power mons. You could also run split defenses so you aren't as vulnerable to Psyshock and Aegislash's Shadow Claw if they happen to be running that.

Hustle Golurk is a huge problem for this and many other stall teams, although it is by no means unbeatable and I also haven't seen it very often:

252+ Atk Hustle Golurk Poltergeist vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 168-198 (42.6 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

As I've learned from facing one, they won't always run max speed, so you will frequently be outspeeding, I ended up winning that battle, although it managed to claim 2 kills, meaning I had to play much more defensively throughout the rest of match and as such it took ~200-300 turns to win, replace Mantine with Delta Stream Mandibuzz if you're scared of it

Just like last time, I've managed to get #1 on the ladder with this team:

ladderpeak22.png

ladderpeak23.png

Idk how they decide the elo tie, but they put me as number 1 and I have a higher GXE so this counts imo

Last edited:
just wanting so share something pretty fun ive been using

Klefki @ triage
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Magnet Rise

from what ive seen, a lot of people wont realize whats about to happen whenever you start using iron defense or calm mind. a lot of people seem to expect stall instead. once you get max def and sp def not much is able to kill this. and whenever a ground type like lando, you can just magnet rise and be fine.

I come with a spikes balance team for yall to look at and judge

Skarmory @ voltabsorb
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog
skarm provides great roll compression for this team, from checking many dangerous electric types to spiking to being just a great physical wall, it is able to act as a pseudo corviknight that can spike, and for this team that is already pretty specially bulky, it being much sturdier on the physical side is very nice. So yeah reliable spike setter

Goodra @ primordialsea
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rest
- Dragon Tail
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
skarmdra is an in general great combination, goodra is pretty impenetrable on the special side and is an exelent abuser of the spikes that skarm sets down, while skarm is an exelent physical wall, goodra effortlessly takes the fire hits that skarm struggles with as well. other than that its a pretty standard goodra set, sludge bomb is to prevent tapu bulu from switching in and to get eternally walled by clef

Aegislash @ regenerator
Ability: Stance Change
Sassy Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- King's Shield
- Toxic
Regen aegislash is a great pivot, it is bulky while also being pretty strong and has good longevity with regenerator, not too much to say really.

Weavile @ technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Beat Up
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
Weavile is the best adhesive mon, and generally a huge offensive threat, being on a spikes balance team such as this one, the first is that it's primary checks get hit by spikes, and those checks (scizor and buzzswole) don't like switching in with spikes down, while they can survive 1 or 2 in a pinch but with spikes down it often makes its life real hard real fast. The second is that many teams will focus on getting rid of your spikes with their own defog, making it so that stealth rock is less of a concern. Overall the mvp of my team

Tapu Lele @ sheerforce
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
Tapu lele is very strong, and it's unique defensive profile Is honestly really nice for this team, blanking buzzswole and most other fighting type attackers and it makes it reliable at just throwing out insanely powerful moves, and calm mind just makes it even more insanely powerful, really its tapu lele i dont think i need to explain why it is used

Heatran @ regenerator
Ability: Flash Fire
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Heatran is the final mon defensively backing up skarmdra and is just a generally really reliable rocks setter, due to its great bulk and defensive typing, levitate is the standard so most heatrans are assumed to be it and while the bluff is alwasy up when i take damage and switch out, still i think that regen is more consistent for defensive heatrans because the longevity is really nice

so yeah thats the team, i have been having a lot of sucsess with it, i have found that urshifu has been giving me trouble, but i dont know if that is acually good
Feedback appreciated

Last edited:

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I cant be the only one here who feels like it would be much better if the "item" was revealed as soon as the mon hit the field, right?
I guess people like the surprise factor, but is kind of annoying to play around like 3 different abilities for some mons before it is finally revealed, the meta doesnt actually look that unbalanced but it would be much less annoying to fight stall cores and HO without wasting turns trying to reveal flash fire/volt absorb/magic bounce/whatever.
But i bettet shut up and play double Mold breaker, teravolt and turboblaze, may add a weezing somewhere fuck it, mold breaker weezing.

Do you mind explaining that Landorus-T set a bit? It looks incredibly weird and some hybrid of Defensive and a Mixed Landorus-T set.
Hey!
Ye it is fairly simple. I looked for a good rain counter which is desolate land. Then I looked for a type that makes good use of it e.g. ground which becomes immune to water types instead of being weak of it. Additionally ground counters thunder too which is liked to be run in the rain like the raikou does. Finally lando-t has weather ball that turns into a fire move, which hits all types of things like grass and flying / levitated steels e.g. corvi. If you switch into e.g. a primordeal sea ferro, you counter the fire immunity too through the change of weather and you can hit it with your fire type.

Hey!
Ye it is fairly simple. I looked for a good rain counter which is desolate land. Then I looked for a type that makes good use of it e.g. ground which becomes immune to water types instead of being weak of it. Additionally ground counters thunder too which is liked to be run in the rain like the raikou does. Finally lando-t has weather ball that turns into a fire move, which hits all types of things like grass and flying / levitated steels e.g. corvi. If you switch into e.g. a primordeal sea ferro, you counter the fire immunity too through the change of weather and you can hit it with your fire type.
Thanks. But shouldn’t Desolate Land already counter Thunder? It lowers the accuracy of Thunder to 50%. If are talking about Electric Immunity, Landorus’s other form would work better for that type of set. It could run Sheer Force Earth Power over Earthquake, which would be slightly stronger, and would also be fast enough to outpace the Base 100s.
And yes, Landorus-I is legal.

Thanks. But shouldn’t Desolate Land already counter Thunder? It lowers the accuracy of Thunder to 50%.
True, tho that was not the important part, just as an additional bonus, that I phrased badly. It is more like a general bonus, like volt switch immunity too that could be run by e.g. rain zapdos. I just happened to emphasized thunder in the rain.
Edit: Tbh even if thunder is only 50% accurate, it would still be a threat if you instead ran e.g. tornadus-t weather ball in the sun instead, even if the opponent is not expected to have volt switch. Tho I guess this is a bad example, because tornadus-t in the sun would sabotage hurricane.
Edit: The actual problem I see here is that the electro immunity in lando does not ever check refrigerate leki anyway, which renders the whole set kinda pointless from the beginning on. Problem is that there is barely anything that checks it. I might switch to thick fat mamo + regenerator max hp and rocks and change blissey for a defoger / rapid spin. That way I also have a strong priority in adamant ice shard.
And I might swap out the clown for the desolate land flash fire heatran, so that I do not become weak to my own sun and gor for the solar beam combo.

Landorus-I is legal.
Didn't even know that. The speed is definitely useful that you trade for a weaker u-turn and for intimidate. I like the initimdate combo with blissey regenerator wish support tho. I could make haze pex or alternatively unaware clef full defensive instead I guess to make up for the intimidate loss, but then I make myself weaker versus special set ups as a trade. Blissey helps with that tho where I could give up wish support for teleport instead. So yeah, this adjustment is definitely a possibility, thanks!
Edit: Without wish, soft-boiled might become more necessary now and instead only run a mono attack of choice.
Edit: I also just noticed the the team lacks physical threats. If I swap out lando-t for lando-i, then I am pretty much only left with stab psyshock and otherwise at best a non-stab rock-slide of lando-i. Means I would probably have to make further adjustments. Tho I guess these 2 moves could be enough potentially.

Team update:

https://pokepast.es/f9fc54ad4cd0b208

Not fully tested the team, but seems decent.
Mamo aims to be a consistent electro check not being weak to ice moves + thick fat, regenerator and max hp.
Rain raikou and sun lando were swapped for sun heatran, as this checks water and fire types singlehandedly.
Regieleki is the hazard remover now instead of lando in rapid-spin + refrigerate not caring about ghost types and defiant / competitive. Not sure why this mon is not banned yet tbh, it is just too good.
I removed blissey because I want regenerator on mamo and pex. Instead I added spdef corvi with delta stream and bulk up in the hope that it performs well as a ground immunity in stead of lando. Instead of delta stream, it can also run stuff like motor drive / volt absorb, shadow shield / prism armor and dauntless shield. Iron defense or u-turn can be used for bulk up. Celesteela spd with e.g. leech seed, flamethrower, heavy slam, iron defense could also work maybe, even though the lack of roost hurts.
Corviknight @ Dauntless Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Toxapex @ prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Regieleki @ refrigerate
Ability: Transistor
Rash Nature
- Volt Switch
- Swift
- Thunder Cage
- Rapid Spin
Edit: Pex does actually not necessarily need prankster. It is only there because I do not really know the meta and prankster haze can save my day if I face some sort of unexpected setup. Otherwise there should be no problem adjusting the set for e.g. dauntless shield or what ever. In that sense pex can actually be swapped out if you do not fear setup. I faced a moldbreaker Vicitini which counters heatran, so a primordial sea mon could definitely do work like ferro which also resists psychic moves and bolt strike. Without pex, it opens up the the possibility of a different regenerator e.g. tornadus-t instead of corvi.
Ferrothorn @ Primordial Sea
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Body Press
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Clefable @ Regenerator
Ability: Magic Guard / Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss / Moonblast
- Wish
- Teleport
- Thunder Wave

Toxapex @ Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Blissey (F) @ Dauntless Shield
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Ball
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish / Teleport
Edit: Leki can also use a special invested set instead as I faced many lando-t's with dauntless shield not respecting the possibility of swift instead of extreme speed. It would also increase the damage of volt switch / thunder cage and is not countered by dazzling or the own psychic terrain.

Edit: Tho in terms of victini mold breaker, there is no check that I can find. Victini has so many moves in both physical and special. The best you can do is just ignore it and do not prepare for it, but hope the buttons you and your opponent click turn out in your favor.

Last edited:
Prankster Toxapex is literally walling everything apart from the few attackers that naturally hits it with super effective STAB. While it does not beat the entire metagame, it is close to doing so by only losing to electric attackers, the landos and psychic terrain abusers, and all of them fully countered by the most common defense cores. There are of course other weird sets that can break Toxapex but they are just unviable and even more prone to the common defense cores, rendering them useless. Within good player's hands, stall is impossible to break at this point and while it is not only Toxapex that enables this, I believe it is the biggest problem due to how universal it is to countering threats.

Prankster Toxapex is literally walling everything apart from the few attackers that naturally hits it with super effective STAB. While it does not beat the entire metagame, it is close to doing so by only losing to electric attackers, the landos and psychic terrain abusers, and all of them fully countered by the most common defense cores. There are of course other weird sets that can break Toxapex but they are just unviable and even more prone to the common defense cores, rendering them useless. Within good player's hands, stall is impossible to break at this point and while it is not only Toxapex that enables this, I believe it is the biggest problem due to how universal it is to countering threats.
Not sure. I find it very hard to check moldbreaker victini. Even specific counters like ferro thorn + primordial sea looks bad if it runs focus blast which it should due to victory star. Pex looks bad versus bolt strike / zen headbutt / psychic. Blissey gets wrecked by v-create. Since victini can be physical, special and mixed, you can get wrecked real fast. Tho maybe I am missing an obvious counter.
Otherwise I agree, most threats can actually be checked.
Edit: I guess pressure stalling could work well in full stall team, since most moves of this mon only have 8 pp. In balanced teams, this does not really work well tho.
Edit: Blissey dauntless shield could actually work well versus victini.

Last edited:
Not sure. I find it very hard to check moldbreaker victini. Even specific counters like ferro thorn + primordial sea looks bad if it runs focus blast which it should due to victory star. Pex looks bad versus bolt strike / zen headbutt / psychic. Blissey gets wrecked by v-create. Since victini can be physical, special and mixed, you can get wrecked real fast. Tho maybe I am missing an obvious counter.
Otherwise I agree, most threats can actually be checked.
Edit: I guess pressure stalling could work well in full stall team, since most moves of this mon only have 8 pp. In balanced teams, this does not really work well tho.
Edit: Blissey dauntless shield could actually work well versus victini.
Regenerator Phys Def Landorus-T can switch in unless you're running glaciate
Regenerator Sp Def Tyranitar takes 2 focus blasts unless you're max SpA
Slowbro flat out lives 2 bolt strikes
Primordial Sea Zapdos can take anything Victini goes for and Roost the damage off, although it is a very close range on psychic if fully invested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)