Rejected Music ingame

Hey everyone, sorry in advance if this has already been suggested in the past (I checked and I didn't find it anywhere unless I'm blind), but after doing a bunch of battling in Ubers and watching lots of replays, I've been selective of what battle tracks I like and dislike, based on the ones found on https://www.pokemonshowdown.com/audio . Anyways, I see that we can't choose the music that plays in the background for both matches/battles and replays, and I think it would be a good idea to implement that feature. I've seen people in the Lobby room of PS in the past always complain that they never get to choose the music that plays in the background, and I feel like if we implement a way for people to choose the music they hear in battles and replays, it can make the overall gameplay experience better.

To add, this feature doesn't necessarily IMPLY usefulness, but I suggested it because it would make the battling experience better listening to the themes people grew up with/just like it in general. It's fine if it isn't considered a high priority addition to the simulator, but I can advocate that it's a great idea and that it should at least be considered while rendered not urgent/completely useful.

Details-wise, I was thinking that should it be added to the site, there should be a settings menu that allows you to checkbox all themes that you like, so that you can either get only one to play, or if multiple themes are checked, they can alternate/rotate every match. And to make it user-friendly, the link to the PS Audio part of the site should at least be linked with the title words that imply what the theme is and what game it's from, so that way if people don't know what the theme is called, they can click the link and listen to it to make sure they're checkboxing the correct theme.

So far these are all my thoughts on the idea itself, the way it would be implemented, and its foreseeable impact on the user-friendliness + enjoyment level of the simulator. Hope you guys think it's a good idea!

EDIT: Sorry for all the edits and changes; after originally posting these in different replies, I decided that maybe compressing it into one clean post would be better for everyone to read and understand the point I'm trying to get across better.

Last edited:

pre

pkmn.cc
TBF, you can just mute background music and then play whatever you want in a different tab, but if someone wanted to add a selector for the bundled sound assets I think that'd be fine. Zarel has a BattleSound refactor on his to-do list (to unblock BO3) so might consider that someone might want to try to implement this feature when he reworks that.

TBF, you can just mute background music and then play whatever you want in a different tab, but if someone wanted to add a selector for the bundled sound assets I think that'd be fine. Zarel has a BattleSound refactor on his to-do list (to unblock BO3) so might consider that someone might want to try to implement this feature when he reworks that.
Alright, thanks a lot for responding.

I've been sorting through these forums to try and find suggestions similar to mine, and I would like to add onto this so I don't make a new suggestion. (Although I think that making a new one would be optimal, given how this is a four-year-old suggestion that's been closed since.)

I think the idea of having a check-box system where individuals can choose their favorite songs and have that play for the both of them if their favorites overlap. If not, just have the system play the songs how they usually would.

Yeah, you could just mute the music on the server side and play your own, but.. That's kinda lame. I'd feel like it'd be no different from choosing an avatar that's already provided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)