ORAS PU My Ex Wife Still Misses Me, But Her Aim Is Getting Better!

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan

IᑎTᖇOᗪᑌᑕTIOᑎ

Hey, I don't think I have formally introduced myself. My name is Brandon Hui, but most of you guys can call me/already know me as BreloomMyHomie or TechSupportBreloom. I've been playing competitive Pokemon ever since XY but joined PS! and Smogon in ORAS. I mainly play OU, Ubers, and CAP, but I recently got into PU ever since it became an official tier. Some of you may have seen me rate OU teams, and some may not, but I never made an RMT before. This is my 1st RMT and maybe my last. I decided to build this Spikes Stacking Hyper Offensive team around Simisage, my favorite pokemon in the tier. I gave this team to my friend because he needed REQs and reached number 2 by the time he got it(his PS alt is "clear dreams"). Furthermore, if you guys can not only look at the sets but also the descriptions before you rate, that would be awesome :]. I know a lot of raters just look at the sets and make changes without knowing why the builder put certain Pokemon on their teams.

TEᗩᗰ ᗪEᐯEᒪOᑭᗰEᑎT

I built this team around Simisage because of how awesome its coverage is and I really love spikes stacking offense, so I chose to pair Simisage with one of my favorite T-Spikers, Whirlipede.

Simisage and Whirlipede are both susceptible to Bird Spam teams so I added Pawniard to help me take down those Flying-types such as Dodrio and Articuno. After that, I became very weak Fire Types like Monferno and Ninetales and I knew for sure that Grumpig could take those two on.

If my opponent has Rapid Spin, then I'm screwed because then the goal of this team is shattered. Now only does Misdreavus make a decent spinblocker, it can also use the T-Spikes to its advantage by running Hex. Finally, I needed a Stealth Rocker, and I was looking very susceptible to normal spam, so I added Metang.

TᕼE TEᗩᗰ

ᗪETᗩIᒪEᗪ ᗩᑎᗩᒪYᔕEᔕ

Simisage @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm / Energy Ball
- Knock Off
- Superpower
/
- Gunk Shot / Hidden Power Ice

Simisage is the pokemon I wanted to build around. Simisage isn't known for its decent speed or power, it's known for its vast movepool. Simisage takes advantage of its vast movepool in order to break tons of balanced/bulky offense teams. I chose to go max attack as opposed to max special attack because I want Simisage to inflict as much damage as possible with Superpower. Leaf Storm is its main STAB, hitting Basculin, Avalugg, Gorebyss, and Swanna for a truck load of damage. Energy Ball was suggested by my friend Tect and he said while Leaf Storm does it hard, Energy Ball is nice so you don't get the -2 SpA drop. Knock Off allows me to cripple Eviolite users such as Misdreavus, Roselia, and Metang. Superpower I feel is a necessity on Simisage in order to hit Bouffalant and Stoutland for super effective damage. Finally, we have Gunk Shot, allowing Simisage to OHKO Mr. Mime and Specially Defensive Clefairy. Hidden Power Ice is also an option over Gunk Shot since after Knock Off damage on the switch, you kill Altaria and Vibrava with Hidden Power Ice, which is pretty cool.

Whirlipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endeavor
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Protect

Whirlipede is my Focus Sash lead and I really like this thing. I'm not going to go into too much detail but basically, because Simisage isn't very powerful and I wanted to build a hyper offensive team, I decided Spike Stack was the way to go. Protect is used to get that +1 Speed boost before you set up your hazards. Toxic Spikes works very nicely in conjunction with Spikes. Endeavor is very nice on Whirlipede because by the time you Protect and get Knocked down to your Focus Sash or just low on health, you get to weaken one pokemon on your opponents team, as every Pokemon on your opponents team has a role. That's what most people tend to forget.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Now there's no ability that prevents Defog, but there is an ability that forces your opponent to predict when to use Defog and that's Defiant, giving the ability holder a +2 Atk boost when one if its stats goes down, in this case Evasion. It was hard to pick between Purugly and Pawniard, but in the end I chose Pawniard because it has access to Swords Dance, increasing Pawniard's sweeping capabilities, can use Eviolite to take hits better, and it's relatively nice bird check, which I needed. Articuno, Dodrio, and Dusknoir are all conundrums to Simisage+Whirlipede core and Pawniard pretty much takes care of all of them. Just remember to weaken Dusknoir a little, and you can do that with the Toxic Spikes and Spikes that Whirlipede can lay. Iron Head is to hit pesky Fairy types such as Mr. Mime and Clefairy. Knock Off is one of the most spammable moves in the game, and is a necesssity on Pawniard. Lastly, I needed some form of priority on this team, so I went with Sucker Punch.

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

You and me both know that after seeing those three Pokemon on my squad, that I definitely need a Monferno answer. Thus, I added Grumpig. You may be curious as to why I invested 176 speed into this thing with a Timid Nature, and that's to outspeed Adamant Monferno, the most prevalent set for it right now in the PU metagame; max special attack since this Grumpig is more offensively oriented, and the remainding EVs go into HP to increase its bulk. Psychic is its main STAB move, hitting Pokemon such as Arbok for super effective damage. Focus Blast hits pesky Dark- and Steel-Types such as Probopass and Pawniard. I chose to run Calm Mind as opposed to Taunt because while I do want to keep my hazards on the field, Grumpig at +1 is just too good to pass up, especially since I swept a lot of teams with it. +1 Focus Blast OHKOes Relicanth and Golem, and +1 Shadow Ball OHKOes Offensive Exeggutor after Stealth Rocks.

+1 252 SpA Grumpig Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Golem: 432-510 (143.5 - 169.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 SpA Grumpig Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Exeggutor: 290-342 (87.6 - 103.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 SpA Grumpig Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Relicanth: 432-510 (126.6 - 149.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 64 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hex

Defog is one thing, but Rapid Spin is another. If my opponent successfully gets off a Rapid Spin, the main objective of the team when used in battle is completely eradicated. That is why I have Misdreavus on the team, as a spin blocker. You may or may not be weirded about by this spread but let me explain the moves. The reason why I run Will-O-Wisp when I am fully aware that I have Toxic Spikes on the team is to cripple non grounded/steel type Pokemon such as Probopass, Dodrio, and Dragon Dance Altaria. Taunt is used to break defensively oriented cores by preventing them from recovering. Thunderbolt is definitely a nice lure for Pelipper; you don't know how many people I got with this lure lol. Finally, we got Hex. I initially had Shadow Ball, but I have two status users, so why not? 130 BP+STAB hits like a truck. Now, let's get into the EVs. With 20 Speed EVs, Misdreavus outspeeds Modest Exeggutor, the most common set at the moment, and kills it with a Hex after being hit with the Toxic Spikes. 64 EVs ensures me the KO on Pelipper, 100% guaranteed. 248 HP so I hit 323, which isn't divisible by 4 so I can switch into Rocks slightly more. Rest of the EVs go into Defense.

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Last but not least, I picked Metang for a few reasons. Stealth Rocks has been a necessity on gen 6 teams and this team isn't an exception. With Simisage, who has mediocre offensive stats, I figured that it can take advantage of the Stealth Rocks being up on the opposing side. Furthermore, I needed some kind of way to deal with normal spam. Max Atk Adamant because Metang doesn't really need any defense EVs at all, as it is already bulky without them. Meteor Mash to hit Fairy Types, mainly Clefairy and Mr.Mime. I know I have Pawniard's Iron Head, but I don't like to rely on it to kill both of them, especially since Mr.Mime run Focus Blast. Earthquake is used to hit Probopass and Arbok, and Bullet Punch for slightly more priority.

THREATS & HOW I HAVE A SHOT AT DEALING WITH THEM
-Floatzel is definitely the biggest threat. I have no switch-ins to the Choice Band set, but if I can get that thing poisoned via Toxic Spikes, Pawniard can take one hit and Knock Off+Sucker Punch it to death.
-Nasty Plot Life Orb? I can deal with thanks to Simisage's Superpower doing a crap load. Substitute Sets? Yea I'm screwed, no way in dealing with those variants.
-After getting just one Moxie Boost, it sweeps my team. How to deal with it? T Spikes+Pawniard should do the trick. Colbur Berry Grumpig can take 1 Sucker Punch and retaliate back with a Focus Blast.
-Pretty much the same thing with Ninetales. If it's Sub Nasty Plot, I lost. If I do win a speed tie though with Simisage, I OHKO it with Leaf Storm.

ᑕOᑎᑕᒪᑌᔕIOᑎ
Hope you guys enjoyed reading my RMT. I said this in the Introduction, but if you're going to Rate My Team, which I encourage, I'd appreciate it if you read the descriptions as well, not just the sets. It would give me a better understanding of what you're thinking in your head and would make this team a lot better. Also, I'm Retiring as a Staff member in the Tournaments room as well as the Competitive Tutoring room. I don't feel like saying these reasons out loud though because I'm pretty shy. However, I'll still be on Smogon. I know I told my fellow Staff members that I would quit Smogon too, but I still have so many responsibilities like this analysis that I got to do and I just love rating OU teams. TL;DR: I'm quitting PS! for a while and staying on Smogon. :]

IᗰᑭOᖇTᗩᗷᒪE
Simisage @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot

Whirlipede @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endeavor
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Protect

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 64 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hex

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

ᔕᕼOᑌTOᑌTᔕ
People who have blindly supported me during my PS! experience no matter what. People that I can actually talk to about my internal issues, people that have always been there for me. If you're name is not on the list, I apologize, but I'm not spamming tags in this section with people I've only talked to once. Also, NO HOMO to the guys. :]

Megazard -The homie that got me into the tier in the first place. Not gonna lie, I initially thought this tier was crap, but it's actually the most balanced tier in ORAS in my opinion. You make me laugh all the time with your jokes/sarcasm, awesome youtuber, and a person that I can trust.

Silverwhiteblue- I remember before I got driver, everyone treated us like Mario and Luigi. EVERYONE would say "Hi TSB and SWB!" In the chat, I'd always see "Whose the better tournament voice?" and then people be like TSB or SWB ftw lol like god damn. Anyways, thank you for always being there for me. Your jokes are horrible though, and you're an ass doubles player that lost to U-Turn Jirachi :]. Our doubles games were funny as hell, especially when I brought that aids perish song team and you would always eradicate me. I promise that I will always cherish those moments.

Blitzamirin - Talked about you in the conversation, so thanks for everything. Oh and P.S(haha, pun. I'mma shut up now lol), I bookmarked the screenshot that Petyer posted where you accidentally banned TOURN-E :]

sirDonovan - Similar to SWB, you were always super chill, never got pissed, and freaking talented with coding all those bots. I wish I could be like you. You're also someone I could express my feelings too, and you would always cheer me up(NO HOMO LOL). Thanks for everything. Oh and I hope you get Admin on PS!. You deserve it buddy.

miltankmilk - fantastic Doubles player, fun watching you play your suspect games, and I hope you continue the legacy of the bad puns staff member. There will always have to be one, and that's you :].

AceKnightSuzaku - Ok, I'mma be completely honest with you. I've talked with countless of girls online, but you're like the first legit one. You act like a tom boy which is pretty cool but f*** anime :] Oh, and I don't know what you look like, but based on personality, you're hella cute :]

Last and My Best Bud scald -We were pretty much the same person. Had the same thoughts about Girls, school, classes, and Pokemon. Also, Skype Calls were pretty fun, even though I never got to meet Anto or Shiba lol. I trust you the most, you're hella funny, you sound so white, gl with your team rating, and thanks for everything buddy. Our friendship means so much.

People that I really respect but I don't often talk to
Eyan and Team Pokepals -Without you Eyan, I wouldn't have helped in CT chat as much. Also, Chinese friends :]. Pokepals, thanks for getting me into the RMT forum ;]

Vapo - I'm going to be completely honest: You sound way more white than Petyer oml. Also, if i could, I would totally do some sort of meetup since we're pretty close. You're hella chill and TY for everything m8.
Magnemite - Thanks for being my PU Tutor. Your advice on skype helped a lot more than you think. :]
metaphysical whoops, forgot you rofl. :]

REPLAYS
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pususpecttest-306659381
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pususpecttest-306662258
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pususpecttest-306665462
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pususpecttest-306674113

Last edited:
Hi there! This is a cool team you have!

I play pu very much, but I'm going to make a small suggestion for you.

Venipede>Whirlipede is my suggestion. Making this change is helpful as venipede has 10 base speed over Whirlipede. This change helps by giving you more spikes as you now outspeed base 110s before they can kill you, which is nice. The set is literally the same you have.

Good luck in the future!

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hi BreloomMyHomie , it's always nice to see some hazard stacking teams around these days.
The main issue I found with your team is that it's way too much slow paced, and despite running some priorities, you're still susceptible to fast offensive threats such as Floatzel, Simipour, Zebstrika, Electrode, and Jumpluff. You have either no switch-ins for these such as Floatzel and Simipour, or they are fast enough to pressure your answers especially VoltTurn cores with Zebstrika / Jumpluff. Things such as Jumpluff can also put asleep your slower switch-ins, in this case Metang and Pawniard, and gain momentum with U-Turn, so you ain't solving anything with them really. VoltTurn dislikes entry hazard stacking but they can also carry things such as U-Turn Pelipper / Vullaby which can get them off the field.

First of all I suggest you replacing Metang with bulky Golem. Golem, while still being bulky and durable thanks to investments in defences, hits decently strong and provides you with an Electric-type immunity, which will help you for sure stopping annoying VoltTurn, against things such as Zebstrika and Electrode. Golem also gives less opportunity to Defog users such as Pelipper and Vullaby to come in and Defog your entry hazards away, while Metang is basically fodder for them and forces you to play more aggressively, predicting their switches, which is risky and can bite you in the ass at times.

Once you did this, you can solve definitely the issue by either replacing Midreavus with Life Orb Zebstrika and making Simisage your revengekiller by giving it a Choice Scarf OR you can replace Misdreavus directly with Choice Scarf Zebstrika. In my opinion, the first option is way more functional, but I saw that you wanted to build around Simisage as your main wallbreaker / resource against bulkier teams so I understand if you want to keep the Life Orb on it. Misdreavus is expendable as Rapid Spin users aren't that great at the moment and you'll rarely find them in competitive environments, and Zebstrika helps you to mainly have a counter for Jumpluff, and a check to Water-types such as Floatzel and Simipour, while also providing Volt Switch and forcing opposing switches with its nice coverage, racking up entry hazard damage. A Choice Scarf user here would be really nice to provide you a reliable cleaner when the opponent is weakened up and to check things such as other Choice Scarfers such as Simipour / Floatzel, Rotom-F, and set up sweepers such as Rock Polish Relicanth and other stuff. In my opinion you don't need Simisage to be Life Orb really, as you already have two Pokemon that can deal well with bulkier teams in Swords Dance Pawniard and Calm Mind Grumpig, and Choice Scarf Zebstrika is considerably more weaker than a Life Orb set, so it isn't even that reliable when it comes to cleaning / revengekilling the opponent, but it's up to you.

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 242 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Simisage @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot

Zebstrika @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

BreloomMyHomie

Thanks so much for the rates lolbro and Raiza . Ok, I'm 100% sure that I will put Venipede over Whirlipede. I was actually thinking about putting Scarf Simisage on the team, but it just doesn't hit hard enough. Now that I read your rate, I'll definitely put it on there. Ty Raiza for actually reading the descriptions :] Your reasoning seems on point. As for Misdreavus, I think I'm going to keep it because while it's not common, Rapid Spin just kills the goal of this team if pokemon like Avalugg and Armaldo get it off.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, BreloomMyHomie -

Nice team you have here. I've always liked Venipede / Whirlipede hazard stacking hyper offense, and have played with it often in the past.

After reading your team descriptions, teambuilding process, and mini threat list, I've found a few issues that I think could be fixed by replacing a few different Pokemon. For example, the team lacks an Electric immunity and at the same time, the whole team is slower than common users of Volt Switch (i.e. Zebstrika, Volt Switch variants of Raichu, Scarf Rotom-F), which means VoltTurn teams will definitely give you problems.

Additionally, more than half of your team is weak to Fire-types, and just looking at something like Rapidash for example, it puts you at risk of being 6-0'd if Grumpig is whittled down. Another problem that you've already pointed out is that faster Pokemon with access to Substitute (Simipour is a nice example you mentioned) give you a lot of grief, so my suggestions will be geared toward covering specific threats, adding an Electric immunity, and in general, speeding up your team to the point it can beat other offensive teams.

-->

The first change I'm going to make is switching Whirlipede out for Venipede. Whirlipede's bulk helps it in a few key scenarios, but on the whole, Venipede's extra Speed is much more useful (hence Whirlipede being unranked in our Viability Rankings, and Venipede sitting at B). At +1, you outspeed base 110s (Raichu / Jumpluff), and at +2, you outspeed everything from Scarf Mr. Mime and downward. Using Venipede over Whirlipede will let you Endeavor or lay Spikes more often, which will overall ensure that your lead does something each battle and isn't just outsped by whatever is across from you. Venipede doesn't use HP EVs here for a better chance to use Endeavor at 1 HP.
Venipede @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor

The next change I would make would be to use a different Stealth Rocker other than Metang here. Metang simply invites in defoggers and doesn't outspeed them or hit them hard enough to keep up hazards. So, I recommend using a faster and more offensive SR user such as Relicanth. Relicanth's ability to OHKO Vullaby with STAB Head Smash is absolutely huge for your team, considering Vullaby's status as one of the best defoggers currently for its ability to switch into non Specs variants of Exeggutor without Ancient Power. In order to be effective here, it needs at least enough Speed to outspeed Pelipper and Vullaby, but you can run it fast enough to outspeed Adamant 252 Spe Armaldo (189, so 190 on Relicanth) as well. Relicanth also makes your weakness to Rapidash much more manageable with a x4 Fire resist. Raiza's bulky Golem is good here for that same reason, but it doesn't OHKO Vullaby like Relicanth can. Relicanth + Simisage is also a good offensive core once you have the necessary support for it.

-->

Relicanth @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Yawn

With your SR user taking up a possible Electric immunity slot, that basically means you'll be using either Raichu or Zebstrika for Lightning Rod here. Raichu normally speed-ties with Jumpluff, which is a key threat to this team with its ability to OHKO Simisage, it puts Pawniard to Sleep, pressures Grumpig, and hits Relicanth hard with Seed Bomb, so whichever you use (whether you use Zebstrika or Raichu), you should use it faster than Jumpluff - basically either LO Zebstrika or Choice Scarf Raichu. Using CS Raichu gives you the ability to check a few key threats that would bother this team otherwise, such as being able to outspeed Stoutland in Sand and hit it with a SE Focus Blast. If you decide to use Zebstrika instead, you should use Choice Scarf Simisage, that way you have some means of outspeeding and checking pertinent threats to this team such as Rotom-Frost.

Basically, use:
Choice Scarf
+

or
Choice Scarf
+

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

Next, I understand you want to keep Misdreavus for its ability to spin block. This in my opinion is the most expendable member of your team and you could keep Grumpig instead for extra insurance against threats like SD Monferno and Rotom-Frost, but if you do end up keeping Misdreavus, you should run it faster than Pawniard in order to hit it with Will-O-Wisp before your Eviolite is Knocked Off. Running faster than Vigoroth is also beneficial for Burning it before it Subs / Taunting it before it Taunts you. And finally, as you've noticed, Moxie Mightyena can be a bit of a problem here, so I recommend outspeeding it with Misdreavus.

--> 52 Spe with Timid (240 Speed total, which outspeeds Mightyena by +1)
or
CM Colbur Berry
with 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe Timid

Finally, if you do end up running Choice Scarf Simisage as your Scarfer here and not Raichu, that will mean Stoutland in Sand will outspeed your team with not a whole lot other than Misdreavus stopping LO variants. If you run your team with this way, you could consider LO Purugly over Pawniard for its ability to attack Stoutland and other weather sweepers twice via Sucker Punch + Fake Out. Fake Out would also help you against a weakened Monferno somewhat.
Optional if you don't have something for weather sweepers:
-->

Purugly @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Frustration

Nice team, and good luck with it! :]

BreloomMyHomie

The next change I would make would be to use a different Stealth Rocker other than Metang here. Metang simply invites in defoggers and doesn't outspeed them or hit them hard enough to keep up hazards. So, I recommend using a faster and more offensive SR user such as Relicanth. Relicanth's ability to OHKO Vullaby with STAB Head Smash is absolutely huge for your team, considering Vullaby's status as one of the best defoggers currently for its ability to switch into non Specs variants of Exeggutor without Ancient Power. In order to be effective here, it needs at least enough Speed to outspeed Pelipper and Vullaby, but you can run it fast enough to outspeed Adamant 252 Spe Armaldo (189, so 190 on Relicanth) as well. Relicanth also makes your weakness to Rapidash much more manageable with a x4 Fire resist. Raiza's bulky Golem is good here for that same reason, but it doesn't OHKO Vullaby like Relicanth can. Relicanth + Simisage is also a good offensive core once you have the necessary support for it.
This is genius, in the past I would always lose to stuff like banded Flareon and Rapidash so thank you so much. Relicanth seems like a very good idea, though it kinda makes me more susceptible to Superpower Stoutland. However, you are RO of the PU room, so I will go with your advice :]

With your SR user taking up a possible Electric immunity slot, that basically means you'll be using either Raichu or Zebstrika for Lightning Rod here. Raichu normally speed-ties with Jumpluff, which is a key threat to this team with its ability to OHKO Simisage, it puts Pawniard to Sleep, pressures Grumpig, and hits Relicanth hard with Seed Bomb, so whichever you use (whether you use Zebstrika or Raichu), you should use it faster than Jumpluff - basically either LO Zebstrika or Choice Scarf Raichu. Using CS Raichu gives you the ability to check a few key threats that would bother this team otherwise, such as being able to outspeed Stoutland in Sand and hit it with a SE Focus Blast. If you decide to use Zebstrika instead, you should use Choice Scarf Simisage, that way you have some means of outspeeding and checking pertinent threats to this team such as Rotom-Frost.
I'm choosing Life Orb Simisage+Scarf Raichu. Now that i have Relicanth over metang, jumpluff is a huge threat to the team. Also letting me stop Stoutland is nice, because now I can relatively check banded sand stoutland. TY buddy :]

Next, I understand you want to keep Misdreavus for its ability to spin block. This in my opinion is the most expendable member of your team and you could keep Grumpig instead for extra insurance against threats like SD Monferno and Rotom-Frost, but if you do end up keeping Misdreavus, you should run it faster than Pawniard in order to hit it with Will-O-Wisp before your Eviolite is Knocked Off. Running faster than Vigoroth is also beneficial for Burning it before it Subs / Taunting it before it Taunts you. And finally, as you've noticed, Moxie Mightyena can be a bit of a problem here, so I recommend outspeeding it with Misdreavus.
Ah man. This is a wonderful idea. But shouldn't relicanth be able to take care of both Pawniard and Mightyena now? Anyways, I will try it once I come back. And thanks for the speed recommendation :]

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:v4:

My main gripe that I mentioned earlier to you is that, for HO, this is incredibly slow and susceptible to electrode, floatzel, ninjask, etc just coming in and sweeping. The team starts out with a nice simi+veni+pawn core but defensive missy and metang are just really out of place here. Scarf Simisage is a good first set for the problem. However, rather than make a second SR slot in Relicanth or Golem which everybody else has suggested, I think fitting SR onto Pawniard over SD to free up the Metang slot is probably your best way of fitting on better control vs opposing HO teams. I also never found SD particularity necessary, maybe it's just me. Electrode seems like the superior Electric slot here, beating out opposing Zebstrika is really nice since you're still not overly fast, and I'm removing Missy so an extra Chatot check could really help. Yes you don't have an Electric immunity, but you have strong jet/sucker, a scarfed Electric resist, the best offensive Rotom-F switch-in and your own faster trode to give you enough to play around with.

Back to the Missy slot, I don't get the appeal of defensive Misdreavus on HO, it's just opening you up to Stoutland and doesn't provide any useful resists with its typing, it's basically only there for spinblocking. This slot is definitely the most open to change, but I think you're looking for a strong attacker that carries priority and hits a solid speed tier while being able to inflict the maximum amount of pain on balance and ideally not lose to Audino. Both Basculin and Murkrow come to mind, I think Basculin is optimal here as it allows you to pressure Maldo/Golem/Rotom-F a little better. The team just sort of lacks a mon that you can go to and definitely threaten a kill reliably and getting dual priority back after removing Metang is nice. Plus, small as it is, it's like half a water resist. Also, if you plan on keeping it around, at least go offensive.

Other than that, obviously I agree with Veni>Whirl, Taunt > CM on Grumpig is also probably optimal here because it removes another piece of Defog fodder while still being comparably good versus bulky teams. My fixes still leave you a bit weak to Vullaby so you'll have to play around to make sure that it doesn't defog on you, but it defogged on everything but Misdreavus previously anyway so it's still improved at least. I normally prefer to test large rates but haven't had the chance to yet, I'll reply if I find anything notable that's a major issue, but so many people sniped me and you already posted to say you mostly made up your mind, I just wanted to give you one more alternative option before it was too late.

Summary
544.png
-->
543.png
Better
512.png
--> Choice Scarf - Too slow and needed scarfer
326.png
Calm Mind --> Taunt - Better vs defoggers
624.png
Swords Dance --> Stealth Rock - Free up another slot
375.png
-->
101.png
Superior revenge killer
200.png
-->
550.png
Wallbreaker and strong priority

Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Your team really wants all of Zen Headbutt, Ice Beam, and Superpower, I think ZH and Superpower are the optimal choices but if you find Vullaby being too much of an issue then drop Zen (this is only for roselia but you really need the lure imo)

Electrode @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Standard fair

Did you get enough large rates or what

edit: raiza says specs might be better on Electrode bc more hard hitters since you removed LO on sage and CM on pig, I don't like to use it personally but it's definitely a fine option.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)