Other Metagames My first attempt at making a balanced team

I'm mostly looking for a move to replace Emolga's Baton Pass since that's apparently banned somehow (Showdown told me), though advice on any other aspect of this team would be appreciated. The plan is as follows: Scizor is the physical sweeper, Hatterene is the special sweeper utilizing Trick Room to help herself speed while idealing ruining the speed of the opposing team. Toxapex is the physical wall and Blissey is the special wall, with Swampert and Emolga running support (although Swampert doubles as a second special wall with the way its built stats-wise).

Blissey
Shadow Ball
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Softboiled
Heavy-Duty Boots
Serene Grace
Bold
252hp 252def 4spd

Toxapex
Toxic Spikes
Haze
Recover
Knock Off
Black Sludge
Regenerator
Impish
252hp 252def 4spd

Hatterene
Psyshock
Dazzling Gleam
Trick Room
Mystical Fire
Focus Sash
Magic Bounce
Quiet
252hp 252spa 4spd

Swampert
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Scald
Flip Turn
Leftovers
Damp
Sassy
252hp 4def 252spd

Scizor-fire
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Knock Off
Roost
Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
252atk 4spd 252spe

Emolga
Baton Pass
Air Slash
Charge Beam
Roost
Quick Claw
Motor Drive
Timid
252hp 4spa 252spe

Blissey is my primary special wall. She can stall enemies with Toxic and Stealth Rock and can keep herself on the battlefield with Softboiled. The reason she has Shadow Ball is because I didn't have room for it on my special sweeper because she needed room for Trick Room. I wish I could give it a move to remove hazards with since I couldn't justify putting HDB on any other mons, but I don't think Blissey gets any.

Swampert is a support 'mon, but doubles as a less bulky secondary special wall by how its statted. It's mostly used for Stealth Rock Pivot via Flip Turn, but it has STAB moves in Earthquake and Scald if those are needed, though I worry it doesn't have the stats to use them efficiently. Now that I'm writing this down, I'm thinking of swapping Blissey and Swampert's items since Swampert needs to be moved around via its duty as Stealth Rock pivot, but I don't know if Blissey needs the extra health.

Scizor is my physical sweeper, and couples both Bullet Punch and Dual Wingbeat with its Technician ability to hit hard, and Life Orb helps with this. Dual Wingbeat doesn't get STAB, but I coudln't find a fitting Bug-type move to replace it with. It also has Knock Off to mess with the opponents item strategies and Swords Dance in case it goes up against a mon that doesn't have any moves it doesn't resist and I feel comfortable enough to spend a round or two setting it up.

Hatterene is my special sweeper. Normally I'd go Gardevoir and focus on type coverage with an Expert Belt, but I wanted to try a Trick Room Hatterene because I like the idea of using Trick Room to mess with people and Hatterene kind of needs it since its the slowest Psychic/Fairy and is just super slow overall. I also don't know how Hatterene is defensively so I figured I'd play it safe and give it a Focus Sash in order to get at least one guaranteed Trick Room off.

Toxapex is my physical wall, and between Black Sludge, its Regenerator ability, and access to Recover, he's got HP in spades. I also gave him Haze to put a wrench in sweepers that had been set up and Knock Off to mess with item strategies. Since two of my Pokemon have Stealth Rock already, I gave Toxapex Toxic Spikes. I'm looking forward to seeing how Toxapex fares, because its build excites me.

Emolga is my second support 'mon and the one I'm most on the fence about. Without Baton Pass, which is apparently illegal now and I have no idea when that happened, Charge Boost doesn't really support any 'mon but itself. Air Slash can flinch, but other than preventing itself from getting others, I don't see how that supports. Then there's Roost, which only heals itself. I also gave it Quick Claw, but I don't know if it needs it or not. Just one of those 'in case' things, like if someone lays down a Sticky Web for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

This thread has been unlocked for a week now, and I still need my team reviewed. Any help would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)