SS OU My First Balance SSOU Team (Pls Help)

(THIS IS MY OLD TEAM. THE NEWER ONE IS AFTER THIS ONE)

hi
I've been trying some teams and i thought of trying balance and this is what i ended up with
my core is Dragapult, Blissey, and Garchomp

:ss/Dragapult:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
This is my main lead and sweeper, stab shadow ball really messes thing up and draco meteor for extra power. Fire Blast is for ferrothorn, zamazenta-crowned, excadrill(not sand rush), rillaboom, etc and u-turn is for momentum

:ss/Zamazenta-Crowned:
Zamazenta-Crowned @ Rusted Shield
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Howl
- Behemoth Bash
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
This is was mainly put because i had a problem with +2 ATK suckerpunch bisharp and trick probelms. I usually use it when mons such as landorus-therian and garchomp are gone. Its main purpose is to howl once or twice and hit as hard as possible

:ss/Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport
- Stealth Rock / Seismic Toss
Blissey is basically my special tank and tp pivoter, i chose toxic over t-wave since i have decent speed control and it prevents setup sweeper for lasting long
:ss/Corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
Corviknight is my physical tank, defogger and u-turn pivoter. Brave bird helps me finish of low hp mons and also deals with shiftu (with rocky helmet help ofc)

:ss/Latias:
Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
Latias is supposedly meant to be a setup sweeper and has psychock over psychic to deal with blissey and slowking-galar. Recover so it can last and DracoMeteor to OHKO or badly damage foes after CM. I chose it over Latios cause its more defensive

:ss/Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
Garchomp is another setup sweeper with fire fang to deal with ferrothorn, corviknight, celesteela, etc and for flyers with low HP since its more accurate than scale shot.

I've noticed that it struggles against stall teams and zamazenta & latias suck most of the time
If you have any idea on another mon that would fit better, help me.

https://pokepast.es/db78c2e24d3e03c8
This is the link for my team

Last edited:
well just to say
I dumped Zamazenta and Latias, replacing them with Zapdos-Galar and Ferrothorn

:ss/Zapdos-Galar:
BEWARE (Zapdos-Galar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Drill Peck
- Blaze Kick

:ss/Ferrothorn:
Spikezzzzzzzz (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Blissey now has aromatherapy instead of stealth rock

https://pokepast.es/6081195058455d52
this is the link for the new team

Now to explain their roles:

:ss/Zapdos-Galar:
BEWARE (Zapdos-Galar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Drill Peck
- Blaze Kick
This is my new lead (with Dragapult) and it works especially well against intimidaters such as landorus-therian which basically can't do much to it other than blowing up. Adamant over Jolly in order to hit harder cause now CC can 2HKO offensive Garchomps, Drill Peck so that i don't take recoil, u-turn for momentum, and finally blaze kick cause it can be use to finish off steel types such as Corviknight and also does regular damage to Zapdos.

:ss/Dragapult:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
This is my main lead and sweeper, stab shadow ball really messes thing up and draco meteor for extra power. Fire Blast is for ferrothorn, zamazenta-crowned, excadrill(not sand rush), rillaboom, etc and u-turn is for momentum and infiltrator because it bypasses substitutes and ignores reflect, light screen and aurora veil.

:ss/Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport
- Aromatherapy
Blissey is basically my special tank and tp pivot, i chose toxic over t-wave since i have decent speed control and it prevents setup sweeper for lasting long and aromatherapy to cure any status problems that can mess up my sweepers.

:ss/Corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
Corviknight is my physical tank, defogger and u-turn pivoter. 8 EVs in ATK helps BraveBird finish of low hp mons and also deals with shiftu (with rocky helmet help ofc). I chose it over mandi cause it can't get poisoned normally and is resistant to more attacks, slower to enhance u-turn and landorus/garchomp have problems with this.

:ss/Ferrothorn:
Spikezzzzzzzz (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
This is like a mixed tank. Its has 352 HP, 360 DEF, and 302 SPDEF. T-wave (with a bit of prediction) can paralyze switchers such as volcarona, zamazenta,etc and helps with Tapu Lele because gyroball (relaxed + 0 speed IVs & EVs) OHKO's it. LeechSeed for recovery and Steath rock to drop hazards.

:ss/Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
Garchomp is another setup sweeper with fire fang to deal with ferrothorn, corviknight, celesteela, etc and for flyers with low HP since its more accurate than scale shot and is the only thing i can confidently switch into Heatran.

also if any of you don't know how to insert pokemon sprites, use this " :ss/pokemon-name: "

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)