SM OU My first competitive team

This is my first competitive team ever. In Pokemon Showdown battle simulator I won most of he battles I did but want to make this team even better.

Oranguru @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Telepathy
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/ 128 SpD
- Instruct
- Rest
- Reflect
- Psychic

1 - I chose Oranguru because of his exclusive move, Instruct. He is somewhat tacky and with the Telepathy ability he becomes very strong and unique in doubles
2 - He is this teams glue that can be out against anyone. He simply Instructs his partner repeatedly.
3 - He sets up Reflect (or Light Screen, I just like Reflect more) on his first turn out and uses Instruct the rest to destroy the opponents, mostly with Garchomp and/or Wishiwashi. If his health is low, he can Cheston's Resto. Psychic is there so worst-case-scenario he can deal some damage.

Garchomp @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head

1 - I chose Garchomp because there is no (according to my research at least) better Earthquaker than him. He is pretty tanky and has a high attack stat mixed with STAB.
2 - He is this teams main form of damage. He is the main physical attacker and deals this most damage of anyone on this team. He is and Earthquaker
3 - Swords Dance is here to get the attack boost if needed. Earthquake is for strong damage and Instruct.
Dragon Claw is the secondary form of damage, and deals lots with STAB and his attack. Iron Head is just there because I couldn't find better

Wishiwashi @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Schooling
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/ 96 Atk/ 160 SpA
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Endeavor

1 - I chose Wishiwashi because he is very tanky while having absurd attack and special attack stats. He can hit both opponents in doubles and has synergy with Oranguru
2 - He is the secondary form of damage on this team. He is a mixed attacker who can deal lots of damage.
3 - Surf is there for water STAB and hits both opponents in doubles. Earthquake is another attack for adjacent foes, and ice beam gives good coverage and damage. Endeavor is for when he loses school form to damage the opponent.

Crobat @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Super Fang
- Protect

1 - I chose Crobat because he is essentially a better Talonflame who can deal more damage and finds more outspeeds.
2 - He Brave Birds and is a guy who can drop some serious damage on opponents and goes first almost all the time making him much more valuable.
3 - Brave Bird deals crazy damage and is the main form of damage. Cross Poison is good coverage with STAB for flying resistors. Super Fang can be very useful on tanks to get half their HP gone right away. Protect for some sustain and protection

Persian-Alola @ Darknium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

1 - I chose Alolan Persian because he is a fast special attacker with a good defensive ability and move set
2 - He is the only real special attacker on this team and gives the main supply of special damage
3 - Nasty Plot gives good setup to start sweeping. Dark Pulse is solid STAB damage and can be upgrade to be a Z-move and deal serious damage. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt are both strong coverage options

Toxapex @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpD
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Stockpile
- Poison Jab

1 - I chose Toxapex because he has very strong defensive stats and a move set with an ability making him absurdly tanky
2 - Be tanky and soak as many hits as possible. He can status and troll opponents while dealing small damage here and there
3 - Baneful Bunker is there for the service of protect but with a chance to Poison as well. Recover and Stickpile are there to increase tankiness and regain health. Poison Jab is for damage.

This team typically leads with Oranguru and Garchomp with a turn of setup (Reflect, Swords Dance), occasionally without setup if opponents are frail or weak to ground. Then Instruct Quaking happens (Dragon Claw/Iron Head in case of immunities to ground) until Garchomp dies. Wishiwashi can come in next to deal more damage to both opponents or Persian comes in and sets up a Nasty Plot and starts attacking. Crobat can come in and nuke them a couple of times, or Toxapex can come in to tank it up.

When choosing which four to bring to battle, Oranguru - Garchomp are locks, and I decide between the other four based on their team.

Thanks for helping guys, any suggestions are welcome

Attachments

Well sitrus Berry garchomp is meh. You should try to give it regular led set like :

Garchomp @ Lum Berry/Focus sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance/Dragon Dance/Fire Blast

this set allows you to deal with most leads besides thick fat mamoswine, but this Pokémon is Op anyway

Well sitrus Berry garchomp is meh. You should try to give it regular led set like :

Garchomp @ Lum Berry/Focus sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance/Dragon Dance/Fire Blast

this set allows you to deal with most leads besides thick fat mamoswine, but this Pokémon is Op anyway

Yeah I'm still not sure what item to put on it. Soft Sand and Life Irb weren't worth it on him and weren't making much of a difference so i decided to use the item for defensive purposes. I could also use the figy/iapapa etc. type berry but I opted for the sitrus to get the heal faster. Now I'm thinking choice band might be better, I would have to test it but then I could ditch the swords dance and just earthquake and switch out if they bring a levitate or flying mon

I assume this is doubles OU.
That persian-alola set is meh. It only has 75 Special Attack, so Nasty plot will only do so much. Instead, use Hoopa-Unbound, which has higher initial power.
Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 192 Atk / 140 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Protect
Hyperspace Fury and Hole can break through protect, gunk shot is for fairies.
In doubles, toxapex isn't that good because opponents can attack around it (no follow me/rage powder). Use toxic instead of poison jab due to poison jab's low chance to poison and toxapex's low attack stat. If you are okay with ditching toxapex, try this for a defensive poison type
Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect
Rage powder allows Amoonguss to redirect attacks to itself (preserving its partner barring spread attacks and grass type enemies). Spore immobilizes an opponent, giga drain is for recovery and an attack, and protect is to block attacks directed at the pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)