My first OU team

Hello it’s masqerain I’m new here so I wanted my team rated so let’s start with how I built it:

I have added Mamoswine first well because at first I was searching for a good lead and since I noticed in my first few battles that metagross is REAAALY common lead so I thouth it is a good counter

Next I added Lucario since he’s very good in atack and has crunch so is a good counter for anoying psychic pokemon

Next up I added Blissey It has plenty of hp and a good sp.def so she’s tha special wall in my team

Next up is magnezone he has prety good stats in defence and his special atack is high too and he can learn explosion so I think he’s a good revenger on my team

Now here comes Gyarados gyarados has an awesome atack and high defence and special defence so I had an idea that he is really suited to be a pshisical sweeper

And last but not least It’s Salamence since he has high stats all around I chose him to be a choice bander that can take down many oponents he really can live long he usualy takesdown 2 oponents pokemon

Overwiew on atacks items and EV’s

Mamoswine @focus sash
Ability: Oblivious
EV's: ATK 252/DEF 4 /SPE252
Nature: Adamant
Ice shard
Earthquake
Endeavor
Stealth rock
ADV: Mamoswine is my lead and for non-taunting leads he throws stealth rocks for tauting leads he has either earthquake or ice shard and if he‘s going to be taken out fast (really unlikely) I have the endeavor
DIS: Well if Charizard starts out (never seen that he starts out) mamoswine is in some trouble so it‘s either use endeavor and let mamoswine die or switch out

Salamence @ Choice band
Ability: Imtimidate
EV’s: ATK248/SPE252/SPA8
Nature: Naughty
-Aqua tail
-Stone edge
-Outrage
-Fire blast

ADV: I usually send him out to take out 1-2 of my oponents pokemon after that i switch him out. Aqua tail is in his moveset to take out any fire pokemon, next stone edge is for flying poemon, fire blast is to take down anoying steel pokemon like metagross (from my expirience i noticed that metagross is really common pokemon) so i think fire blast is really helpfull, and last but not least outrage is here to take out anything that aqua tail, stone edge and fire blast can‘t take care of.
DIS: Well bigest fear of salamence is a fast pokemon with a powerfull ice atack or an ice type pokemon who survives or holds focus sash and then deals some major damage on salamence

Gyarados @Life orb
Ability: Imtimidate
EV's : ATK252/DEF4/SPE252
Nature: Adamant
-Dragon dance
-Earthquake
-Stone edge
-Waterfall
ADV: With his high atack and dragon dance many pokemon will fall against it because of earthquake, stone edge, and waterfall there will be many super efective hits so he will take them down in 1-3 turns
DIS: Well jolteons and one of the rotom forms ( i think it was rotom-A) can take down gyarados really easy the only thing i can do is swich out

Magnezone @Light clay
Ability: Magnet pull
EV's: HP25/DEF126/130SPD
Nature: Relaxed
Explosion
Light screen
Reflect
Thunderbolt
ADV: Well he‘s a good revenger can put up both light screen and reflect and has a powerfull STAP thunderbolt plus he can survive some powerfull blows he can stop some powerfull pokemon even salamence
DIS: Ok but then a powerfull pokemon like Machamp shows up it almost always ko‘s my magnezone with some powerfull fightining atack again when Machamp or something like it shows up it‘s an explosion or a switch

Blissey @Leftovers
Ability: Natural cure
EV's: HP148/DEF252/108SPA
Nature: Bold
Softboiled
Thunder wawe
Ice beam
Seismic toss
ADV: Blissey as mentioned above is really good special wall and when she‘s low on hp softboiled heals her thunder wawe is for making pokemon slower so blissey would have time to heal Ice beam is for pokemon who cant be afected by seismic toss and yes seismic toss I think that it is the best damaging move for blissey
DIS: But then a pokemon like machamp shows up it always OHKO Blissey with a powerfull move so the only option is to switch out

Lucario @*salac berry*
Ability: Inner focus
EV's: ATK 252/DEF 4/SPE 252
Nature: Lonely
Crunch
*substitute*
Reversal
Sword dance
ADV: With crunch he can take care of anoying psychic type pokemon endure is if he faces a pokemon who can OHKO him and he doesn‘t have full hp well reversal is here because it gets stronger when lucario is geting beated up basicly he‘s good for taking out oponents pokemon
DIS: Well once again if a fast and strong pokemon like Machamp (again) shows up lucario is in trouble and charizard is a big problem for Lucario so the option is to switch or die

Conclusion:

Well this is it any changes will be rewriten with * * symbols from left and right of the word

salac berry instead of focus sash so you can sweep with luc.

keep in mind that fire types to be noted are usually only heatran and infernape

Once Mamoswine loses his Sash, Weavile can present a large problem for your team. His Ice move will eliminate Salamence and Magnezone/Blissey/Lucario will not enjoy taking a Brick Break (Ice Shard can ruin Luke's Endure if the Weavile is Sashed). Keep Gyarados alive and healthy so he can give Weavile a Stone Edge. MixApe can also be a pest. Be cautious.

Lucario tends to do better with Substitute over Endure simply because it blocks status moves, which can ruin the whole plan. The Ghosts (Dusknoir and Spiritomb) are especially good at this since they will often switch in to Lucario in the hopes of absorbing a Fighting move or Extremespeed and use WoW to ruin him. Simply Sub on the switch and then SD if you think/know they will switch to a Ghost and Crunch away.

Nice team all around. Note that the Screen support may give Lucario a chance to survive with more than 1 HP if they are up when he's attacked. But overall this is an impressive team :)

Bloo

Banned deucer.
When looking at this team, Blissey's position seems out of place. The rest of your team if rather offensive, and Blissey, usually known as a defensively used Pokemon, slows down your offensive pace dramatically, causing you to lose momentum. As of right now, Life Orb Gyarados seems to pose a problem for this team. You're giving it ample opportunities to set up on Salamence's locked Fire Blast or Aqua Tail, Lucario, who fails to harm Gyarados much, and Mamoswine, who does minuscule damage to Gyarados with Ice Shard. You may hope to Endeavor it, however, keep in mind that your Focus Sash may not be in tact, allowing said Mamoswine to finish you with a STAB Waterfall. Blissey's slot on this team can be better used by a Pokemon that helps your time out more by covering Gyarados in addition to aiding your other team members. I'm thinking of Starmie. Starmie will not only cover Gyarados for you, however, it will also Rapid Spin away Stealth Rock, allowing your Salamence and Gyarados to come in without suffering 25% damage from each switch-in.

I recommend the following Starmie -- Leftovers, Timid, Natural Cure, 160 HP / 40 Def / 92 SpA / 216 Spe, Surf, Thunderbolt, Recover, Rapid Spin.Rapid Spin allows you to dispose of Stealth Rock, which greatly benefits your Salamence and Gyarados. Thunderbolt eliminates Gyarados and dents various other bulky Water-types such as Vaporeon. Surf is basic STAB and allows you to take care of threats such as Infernape, Heatran, etc. Recover means you'll be able to replenish your health and stick around for a longer period of time. Lastly, the EVs allow you take hits from the likes of the aforementioned Gyarados and Infernape, making Starmie and effective way to handle those Pokemon.

Now, I rather see a Mixed Salamence in place of Choice Band Salamence on this team. Mixmence can kill 1-2 Pokemon just like your current Choice Band set can. Additionally, you gain the ability to freely switch moves without the restrictions of a Choice item, allowing you to cause havoc amongst your opponent. The sheer power of Draco Meteor is a frightening prospect, as it will deal a bucketload of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. The Steel-types that do resist it are scorched by Fire Blast. MixMence helps you combat stall much more effectively, due to your ability to replenish health with Roost. With Roost, Salamence will be able to stick around longer and check threats such as Lucario. With Mence blasting through everything with a high powered Draco Meteor, Lucario will be able to clean up. Overall, I recommend using MixMence over Choice Band Salamence.

Salamence @ Life Orb | Intimidate
Naive | 20 Atk | 252 Spe | 236 SpA
Draco Meteor | Fire Blast | Roost | Brick Break

Without being locked into a move, you decrease the chance of something setting up on you, which would otherwise prove troublesome. Now with MixMence, Magnezone become less necessary, since you'll be able to dispose of Steel-types with Mence with Fire Blast. Also without Blissey, you'll be much more vulnerable to the Rotom formes, Jolteon, and Starmie. Dropping Magnezone for something that 1) Handles Rotom formes, Jolteon and Starmie fine and 2) Maintains good synergy with your team while maintaining an offensive pace will benefit this team in a positive way. A Pokemon such as Snorlax would work over Magnezone. Snorlax not only does well against Jolteon thanks to its great Special Defense, it also fairs well against Starmie and Rotom to an extent, as you can Pursuit the ones that lack Will-O-Wisp. Snorlax also resist Ice, meaning it can take the Ice-type attacks aimed at Snorlax, while Salamence takes the Fighting-type attacks aimed at Snorlax (Roost helps with this!)

Last but not least is none other than Lucario! On your Lucario description, you mention that Pokemon like Machamp scare you. Well, Machamp cannot outrun Lucario unless it is a Choice Scarf version. A Swords Dance boosted LO Close Combat should KO Machamp....let me calculate that.....700 Atk vs 196 Def & 384 HP (120 Base Power): 307 - 362 (79.95% - 94.27%). An OHKO! So what I suggest is using Life Orb over Salac Berry. Then get rid of Substitute, and use ExtremeSpeed for a priority move and to pick of fastre threats. Then use Close Combat over Reversal. Close Combat is more effective than Reversal as you don't have to be at low health for Reversal to be at it's highest power. lastly, shift the Lonely nature to Adamant. There's no need to lower your Defense with SD LO set when you can lower the one stat you're not using -- Special Attack.

I agree with Bloo for the most part. MixMence is much better over CB Mence as in the standard Swords Dance Lucario over Reversal, not so sure about the other stuff. I would try a Rotom-A over Magnezone rather than Heatran. A dual Screen Rotom-A can work well, not only providing dual screens but being a much better check to Gyrarados.

Rotom-A @ Light Clay / Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Evs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 Speed
~ Reflect / Will-o-Wisp
~ Light Screen
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball

Rotom-A gives you a much needed Gyarados counter and a good check to Lucario should all else fail. Dual screen will be very helpful to your sweepers, and definitely keep a couple Pokemon in check. The EVs beat Adamant Lucario and still give Rotom-A a lot of bulk.

Without Blissey you are ass raped by Life Orb Starmie. All of your Pokemon are immediately OHKOed, your only hope is Lucario's Extreme Speed or a Hydro Pump missing. Thunderbolt kills Gyarados and Starmie, Ice Beam nails Salamence, Hydro Pump murders Mamoswine, and Lucario.

I suggest replacing Blissey with Snorlax rather than Starmie.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpD
~ Body Slam
~ Fire Punch
~ Curse
~ Rest

This gives you a counter to both Life Orb Starmie and the troublesome Specs Jolteon. Although not the best at either, you are better off with Snorlax than nothing. Snorlax can also help against stall teams who you may have issues with (entry hazards). You can also use a RestTalker set if you so desire. This way, when you are sleeping you can still pose a threat. Snorlax also helps a lot against rotom-a.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)