So this is my first team.

Set up sweeper/toxic spike switch in

Arbok
Nickname: King
Ability: intimidate
Item: Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 atk 252spe 4hp
Moves: coil , earthquake, Gunk shot, Crunch.
Coil is the reason I love Arbok, and makes for a disgusting Stab Gunk shot after just one. EQ and crunch are coverage. EQ hits rock and Steel types that love to switch into Arbok. While Crunch offers fair neutral coverage and hits psychics, notably Beheeyem and Grumpig. Intimidate makes switching in on physical Mons easier, especially fighting types. Evs are for dealing most damage and being as fast as possible, Jolly is necessary to maintain offensive positioning. Although Taunt is annoying, it doesn't shut down Arbok completely . Burn does though. Burn ruins, so I run Lum Berry to help with burns. LO does help for damage but Arbok feels much to squishy to handle the recoil.

Setup sweeper/
electric switch in

Whiscash
Nickname: Fishstick
Ability: Oblivious
Item: sitrus berry
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 atk 252 spe 4 hp
Moves: Dragon dance, Waterfall, Earthquake, Rock Slide
Waterfall and Earthquake are Stab and offer great coverage. Rock slide is specifically for flying types that laugh at EQ, the flinch is awesome when it happens but isn't worth gambling for when Waterfall does more most of the time and also flinches. Considered Spark for flyers, but rockslide just out performed it over and over. Dragon Dance makes the fish my most important win con. Able to outspeed a lot and deal respectable damage after 1, and after 2 sweep. By virtue of typing alone it forces switches and creates it's own set up opportunities. As well as having moderate defenses and HP to tank a hit if necessary for setting up. Vulnerable to priority users
Evs for most speed and damage possible. Adamant adds to that damage noticeably. Oblivious though, I originally really underestimated the ability. But time after time once I try setting up I get taunted. It feels really good to set up in someone's face over a taunt.

Physical Tank/ Bulky attacker

Mudsdale
Nickname: Mud Flap
Ability: Stamina
Item: Kee Berry
Nature: Sassy
Evs: 252 Hp 252 atk
Moves: Earthquake, Heavy Slam, Rock slide, Toxic
EQ is stab, and respectable damage. Heavy Slam hits Fairies and with Musdales absurd weight it usually hits them hard. Although in theory it hits ice types too, and on switch it's awesome. Most ice types out speed and punish with blizzard or ice beam. Rock slide is again for flyers who dodge EQ. And toxic wears down enemy walls, Also toxic has the added benefit of forcing switches for my sweepers. Sassy nature helps make special attacks less threatening And lowers speed. Giving me a potent physical attacker in trick room. I don't use TR but when someone else does, they get a fat horse in the face. Kee Berry and stamina are just hilarious together. Especially if I know someone wants a revenge kill, Switch in on a weak physical priority move or coverage move for a cool +2 defense. I've considered running Lum Berry or even Pecha to ward off opposing toxics but the +2 defense forces physical attackers to switch more often than I need to remove poison.

My Lead/Pursuit trapper
Alolan-Raticate
Nickname: The Don
Ability: Hustle
Item: Wide Lens
Evs: 252 HP 252 atk 4 spD
Moves: Taunt, Toxic, Pursuit, Return.
Pursuit and Return are stab and offer fantastic neutral coverage. Taunt stops so much, passive walls, set up, entry Hazard setters. I just can't say how much I love/hate taunt. Seriously amazingly. Evs are for some additional bulk and make pursuit do as much as possible. Base 70 speed isn't exactly fast but it's fast enough, Just enough to annoy bulky SR and spike setters (ferroseed *shakes fist angrily*) Wide lens makes Hustle actually a thing, not kidding. Like a scary thing, bisharp levels of pursuit damage kind of thing. My fat rat has been role compressed since I generally just taunt or toxic (or both) opposing leads and switch into something else. And making him a pursuit trapper just felt natural, immunity to ghost and psychic give great switch opportunity since ghost types seem common enough to be dedicated to killing them.
Also, something I've noticed, no one respects the rat. I am happy to abuse it.

Obligatory fire type/suicidal wallbreaker
Rapidash
Nickname: Barbeque
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Life Orb
Evs:252 atk 252 spe 4hp
Moves: Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Morning Sun, Low Kick
This is pretty close to the standard Smogon PU Rapidash, only real difference is Low Kick. Flare Blitz is stab, and deals terrific damage to anything not resistant. Wild charge hits waters that will inevitably switch in. Low Kick feels great for the rock types that like to switch in and offers surprising damage to Mudsdale without as much recoil. Morning sun is the most reliable recovery available to the suicide pony, but it rarely lives long enough to use it. Honestly the game plan is to use rapidash as a Fire Check or Grass wall breaker. Predicting a fire move or just face checking an opponent's fire type is totally the plan, because getting the flashfire boost actually makes the damage of flare blitz crazy. But there isn't much to say here. Straight forward Mon with a very straight forward role.

Lastly, The Rapid Spinner
Hitmonchan
Nickname: Jackie
Ability: Iron Fist
Item: Assault Vest
Evs: 208 HP, 252 atk, 48 spe
Moves: Ice Punch, Drain Punch, Rapid spin, Mach Punch
The Smogon PU Standard spinner set for hitmonchan. I claim no credit but damn this build feels solid. And to be honest. I totally get why. Ice punch hits flyers, grass, and ground types hard. Drain punch keeps hitmonchan healthy and deal solid damage with stab. Mach punch combos well with this kit and offers priority to chip scarf users and faster Mons.
Assault vest makes him specially bulky, more than I expected TBH, but it feels good.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)