My first RMT for a Dream World team.

Hi there ^^. Seeing the number of my posts you could believe I'm new, but I joined one year ago and forgot my pass xd. Anyway, I'm always here as a visitor and constantly go on Smogon University's server on PO.

Btw I'm here to make my team better. It has got a very hig win rate (I had 1313 points in ladder until the reset due to garchomp's ban deleted them :@). Today, I made a little modify, putting jirachi in my team and leaving ferrothorn. Anyway, enjoy and give me some explanations on how to make this team better, please!

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar. One of the best leads of the game, and that's true. It is an excellent revengekiller, and a good latios punisher. I don't think Stealth Rock are usually used on a cscarf set, but it works good, especially if I predict a switch from my opponent. Tyranitar's role in this team as a revengekiller is really important, since I suffer Thundurus a lot and it destroys me if tyra dies :/. It is also my weather changer, stopping rain and boosting my sweeper's special defense.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

The thing sand teams suffer a lot is rain. Rotom-W comes here to kill politoed, making easier to impose my weather later with tyranitar. Wisping around is really useful, because I weak my oppo's pokemon and half their attack. I love Rotom-W.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Body Slam

This is the pokèmon I inserted today eliminating ferrothorn from my team. This jirachi is very useful to the strategy, because wish support can help my sweepers to restart hitting if something goes wrong during the battle. It also stops latios, a pokèmon that destroyed this team in the version with ferrothorn. Spamming paralyses all around isn't so bad.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Ice Fang

I know it's strange seeing a gliscor with sand veil instead of poison heal, but I needed it. It stops things like Excadrill and the most common sand sweepers, toxicroack without Ice Punch, and also sweeps if I have the opportunity to do that. A great pokèmon and sand abuser ;). It halso has the same counters of my main sweeper, so inserting it into my team wasn't a bad idea.

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Psyshock

I'm stupified people don't use this great pokèmon. It is a great wallbreaker, 2HKOs blissey with Psyshock, OHKOs swampert, hippowdon, and destroys a lot of annoying pokèmons thanks to its huge special attack and decent bulkyness. It was the pokèmon my strategy was searching for.

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

And here you are Terrakion, the star of the team. Very decent bulkyness (especially on the sdef side in the sand), huge attack and speed made it my favourite sweeper in the game. Shuca Berry in order to stop an Excadrill who thinks to stop my sweep with STAB EQ, Rock Slide for the accuracy and because I always miss with Stone Edge ._.

Well, that's the team. I hope you like it, I know I' a noob, but I'm trying to be better.

Most common problems: entry hazards that I cannot spin, ferrothorn can wall a good part of my team, thundurus is really difficult to stop and I can try to do something revengekilling with tyranitar or hitting with my jirachi. Latios isn't a great problem, since I can face it with my jirachi.

Also, sorry for my crappy English, but I'm Italian and my English isn't that good.

Why run shuca on Terrakion when Gliscor handles dory just fine? Lefties or LO would probably be preferred due to increased longevity/damage.

Oh yes, running leftovers to increase staying power is not a bad idea... I think I'll do as you said, since I rarely needed shuca berry.

Why do you have Gothitelle? The standard now is Shadow Tag Scarfed Chandelure.
Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)/Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Energy Ball/Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]/Psychic

I think that's clear why I use gothitelle instead of chandelure. Chandelure has an interesting weakness to Stealth Rock, and also if it OHKOs quagsire, hippowdon and gastrodon (does it OHKO gastrodon too?), it can only dream to OHKO or 2HKO blissey.
In addition to that, gothitelle has a lot of bulkyness and can easily kill conkeldurr.

I'm stupified people don't use this great pokèmon. It is a great wallbreaker, 2HKOs blissey with Psyshock, OHKOs swampert, hippowdon, and destroys a lot of annoying pokèmons thanks to its huge special attack and decent bulkyness. It was the pokèmon my strategy was searching for.
Copied straight from your OP. 2HKO on Blissey, just like what you said about Chandelure. Plus, Chandelure has an immunity to Conkeldurr's fighting-type moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)