Gen 3 My first RMT here, Encore-style!

I made a team similar to this for ShoddyBattle, so I figured I'd make a NetBattle team. I haven't played ADV in a while, so this'll be kind of difficult.

Raichu @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
68 Atk / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Mild Nature (+SpA, -Def)
~Substitute
~Encore
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Punch

Raichu is pretty good at forcing switches, so often I'll get a free Substitute. Then I see what they send out. If it's Blissey, I Focus Punch and Encore. If it's Swampert, I'll Encore the Earthquake before switching to Charizard. This is also my Raikou "counter", per'se.

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Trait: Blaze
4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
~Substitute
~Belly Drum
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide

Hi, I'm BellyZard. I chose QuakeSlide over HP Flying or Fire Blast, because Earthquake is the strongest move against most bulky waters, and Rock Slide hits Salamence/Gyarados.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~Hypnosis
~Recover
~Surf
~Ice Beam

This is basically filler, but Hypnosis sometimes helps me set up, and it absorbs status. Plus it counters Salamence. But I might change it to Celebi with Aromatherapy.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~Substitute
~Encore
~Ice Beam
~Hidden Power Electric

My second Encorer. Substitute to ease prediction, and since its very slow it helps with Encoring a move. Particularly Grass attacks or Fighting attacks, which Charizard loves, but also Electric or Rock attacks, which my next Pokemon comes in on. Hidden Power Electric is for gyarados, who doesn't have Stone Edge yet.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
232 Atk / 48 SpD / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
~Earthquake
~Hidden Power Bug
~Rock Slide
~Aerial Ace

A simple revenge-killer, but also takes advantage of the fact that I have three electric weaks and two rock weaks, especially once you factor Encore.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
212 SpA / 252 Def / 8 Spe / 36 HP
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~Softboiled
~Thunder Wave
~Seismic Toss
~Hidden Power [Water]

Like Milotic, standard filler, but covers up my gaping Starmie weakness. If I could find another way to counter Starmie, though, I'd like to free up a spot for Gengar, who has three immunities to take advantage of with Encore. Hidden Power Grass is for TyraniBoah, which I feel is a lot more threatening than McGar.

---
Basically the strategy is to Encore things, then try to set up BellyZard, with a Dugtrio tossed in for good measure. It's a first draft, though, and I'd like your advice.

Discuss.

I've been playing around with this team and I really like the encore idea, but I find it is hard to set up unless you sacrifice the poke doing the encoring. I say you need a steady and reliable phazer, as set-up sweepers kinda run through this team. In addition, Bliss needs Max HP, and it just doesn't cut it as the special attacker you are hoping for.

Anyway, cool idea that I can see being refined and tempered into a good team.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Blissey needs the Special Attack to break Tyrantar's Substitutes. Also, the only reason to run HP: Grass over Water is to hit Swampert, but your team has no such Swampert weakness and Swampert rarely comes into Blissey anyways. Water hits Tyranitar AND Gengar, so neither can set up Substitutes against Blissey. If you're concerned about not dealing enough damage to Starmie with Blissey, don't worry, as Thunder Wave is enough to cripple it and force it to switch.

I sort of like this team, but Sandstream really messes up your strategy and prevents you from getting your only sweeper in undamaged. Rain Dance can be fit on Walrein over Substitute or Ice Beam (as you really need HP: Electric for the aforementioned Gyarados), which can clear the skies after Dugtrio eliminates Tyranitar. This also eases up the amount of damage an Aerodactyl can do to your team, as in the sandstorm, it is a total menace without a proper Rock resist.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you do want to "Counter" Boah with Blissey, use HP Water so you can still touch Gengar. Choice Banders eat this team alive.

HP flying does more damage to bulky waters then Earthquake. 105 BP V 100 BP

Don't forget that it gets stab.

HP Water > HP grass. You only want HP on blissey for stuff you can't stall out with blissey. But blissey won't enjoy any physical attack from a Tyranitar. Hitting Gengar is more important then hitting waters super effective (they usually use special attacks unless they're called Kingler), so Blissey can outstall them. Blissey doesn't need a super effective hidden power to counter starmie.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
HP flying does more damage to bulky waters then Earthquake. 105 BP V 100 BP

Don't forget that it gets stab.

HP Water > HP grass. You only want HP on blissey for stuff you can't stall out with blissey. But blissey won't enjoy any physical attack from a Tyranitar. Hitting Gengar is more important then hitting waters super effective (they usually use special attacks unless they're called Kingler), so Blissey can outstall them. Blissey doesn't need a super effective hidden power to counter starmie.
Quake + Slide hits more than Flying + Slide, and Charizard doesn't have to worry as much about making Raikou or Tyranitar flinch to get the kill off. The choice in base power is only variable if he were running with 3 offensive moves.

Starmie actually outstalls Blissey, due to Recover and Rapid spin PP. It's even worse if Starmie's around 304. That's not to say Blissey still doesn't wall it all day, but the fact remains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)