My First RMT - Sandstorm Team.

So, you probably noticed this is my first RMT. Well, for a very long time at least. Probably my first half-decent team anyway.. Yes, your probably thinking this is a sandstorm team. Well your correct. Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Cresselia, Skarmory, Mamoswine and Flygon was the original team. I then faced a heavy Lucario weakness, so i dropped Flygon for Gliscor. Then in my 2nd battle with the team, i brought Tyranitar in. As most people would do if they have a Swampert, they switched it in to try to wall it. I was stumped, I had nothing to kill a Swampert, one of the most used pokemon in the game. So I dropped Mamoswine for Empoleon, to try to relieve the pressure. Nothing. So, I thought a Celebi might help. Out comes Skarmory, and in comes the one thing that really gels this team IMO, Calm Mind Passing Celebi. Once Celebi gets up one CM, and its on its way to Empoleon, unless the opposition stop it there and then, their about to get owned. :) Empoleon, +1 SAttack, +2 Speed outspeeding most/if not all pokemon not scarfed, STAB Surf, Torrent, Life Orb, enough said. But, this team has quite a few flaws. Breloom downright embarrasses this team. Lucario also has a massive dent with Gliscor out the way. Starmie can 2HKO 4-5 of the team. So yeah, any help is appreciated :)
Now for the team itself.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

To be honest, not the best lead going around. Im thinking about putting TTar here and replacing this. Although it's a great wall, i don't use it much, and personally, i just dont like it. Standard set though. I would really like something here. Please :)

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP/252 Atk/80 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Standard Tyranitar. I use pursuit more then i should, especially on Blissey and the like to try and ease the way for Empoleon sweep. As before mentioned, i'm considering leading Tyranitar. This may result in a new set, so those are much appreciated.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Lucario counter, i usually can just bring in and OHKO straight away with Earthquake. But yeah. Anyway, if this thing gets going with an SD up, its deadly. Enough speed to outspeed Lucario and other base 90s (I think) with max evs/+ nature. I like this how it is, but any suggestions are welcome.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/40 SAtk/40 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

Standard Cresselia really, i went the two attacking moves for both Gyarados and Salamence. These two run riot in here without this baby. Although Charge Beam hardly, or never OHKO's Gyarados, most people see an electric attack and get their ass outa there. This is also arguably the best Salamence counter in the game IMO. This really fits well with the team.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/180 Spd/76 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

Ah, Celebi. How I love this thing.. Outspeeds all Non-Scarfed Scizors I think. It's simple really, Calm Mind, Recover if needed, Pass. You may think Hidden Power Fighting is strange in there, it is, but it really helps knock over Blisseys, and can take some TTars by suprise. Now the beast.

Empoleon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 24 HP/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Max SAttack, Modest, +1 Calm Minds or more, Life Orb, STAB 95 base power attack, and occasionaly Torrent. This thing runs mayhem on any team if it gets going. I've been criticised about using this too early, or perhaps Life Orbing myself to death. Say i get this guy out at 6-6 with a Calm Mind up, I Agility, but get hit. I have 25% left. Thats 3 Surfs. I can be out predicted and get downed by Vaporeon, but seriously. 3 Surfs is usually 3 KOs. Being 6-3 up in the first 15 turns is hard to come back from, and quite often this thing can sweep from 6 to 0. It's a true beast, and i think one of the most underrated in the game.

So yeah, theres my team. It's not perfect, but i believe its not too shabby. It gets the job done. I suck with ev's, so any help with them is much appreciated. I have huge troubles with Breloom, Lucario, Ninjask can be a pain, Gyarados if it gets a few DDs, same with Tyranitar. So any help is much appreciated, for about the 5th time. :)

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your team has a big infernape weakness and LO starmie weakness. Only cress is able to beat them but only if it is at full health. I suggest changing Cress to a scarfed Zapdos. It can deal with both the weaknesses and still beat gyarados and salamence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)