My First Team.. (Clear Skies)

Hi!.. This is my First DW OU pokemon team. I've studied a lot about pokemon already, though.

Defensive Lead
BloodBoiler (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon / Leftovers?
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 200 HP / 136 SDef / 172 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Heatran is a pretty nice lead, stealth rocker, and staller, and seems to have a good synergy to my team. He serves as the main lead. Set is pretty self-explanatory; I changed this to a defensive Heatran, from being a 252SAtk tank, since this serves as a better lead, pretty much. Roar is for those annoying Baton Passers.. This slot used to be for Rotom-W, but I don't have a Stealth Rocker, and I'd need another dragon resist (and an added bonus is that heatran's a good lead).. Too bad, I really liked Rotom-W's Will-o-wisp and Pain Split..

Life Orb Sweeper/Rapid Spin
DeathStar (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
This slot was once Latios, but Starmie can handle bulky water types and stuff better, plus is faster and has access to Rapid Spin, while still having the fighting resistance. She easily aids the job of Gliscor and Blissey. Expert Belt is chosen over Life Orb since I can't have Recover, and it damages Starmie when I rapid spin. There are no important KOs missed.

Choice Bander
Psycslicer (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
This Scizor is pretty useful, as it can even 2HKO full HP sweepers with his awesome Bullet Punch. Pursuit is also very sick, as they handle ghost types switching in on Blissey, Latios, or Terra's CC. With correct prediction, U-turn and Superpower can also dent holes on Scizor's counters. This is also my second dragon resist. This guy's also my back up revenge killer, if Terrakion can't handle it. I've been thinking of using another set, but then I can't use Pursuit effectively.

Revenge Killer
BullShot (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide
Since Latios and Heatran are both special attackers, I'd want another physical guy (although choiced, it can also sweep a bit..) as my revenge killer. This used to be a mixed Overheat Infernape with HP Ice, but I won't have any special attackers so I replaced him with Terrakion.. Maybe if Latios would be replaced by a physical attacker, I could switch this slot back to Infernape, as he works better. Rock Slide > Earthquake, i don't see a normal situation where EQ is better, and Stone Edge tends to miss when you don't want it to..

Toxic Orb Flinger + Acrobatics
Swirlycoq (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fling
- Acrobatics

- Earthquake
- Taunt
Ahh Gliscor.. Just having him (not fainted) makes me feel relieved.. This set makes Gliscor a decent tank. This set works by using Taunt first to stop the other pokemon from setting up, flinging the toxic orb (to have a pseudo-toxic effect thing), then using either earthquake or the boosted acrobatics. This set pretty much beats all fighting types (and a lot of other physical attackers) without random ice moves. I used the toxic staller set before, but it can't beat pokes like Breloom and Scrafty. It lived a lot longer though. Should I change this back to the Toxic Staller set I used before?

Ultimate Special Wall
LilPinkBlob (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Wish
-Protect

- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave / Toxic ?
She's my other wall.. Wish and Protect would provide my team more longevity. I use this over Aromatherapy (even though I kinda prefer it) because it would reset gliscor's toxic orb, and if it would be flinged, Gliscor is out of his recovery and status immunity. I felt like adding a bit more to speed, so it could outspeed pokemon EVd to outspeed 0Spd Blisseys, and perhaps squeeze a Wish or Seismic toss in. Since i now run a toxic staller heatran, Thunder Wave could be more useful. Or should I stick to toxic?

I recommend revamping Gliscor like this.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 Hp 252 def 4 Spe (or whatever)
-Earthquake
-Fling
-Taunt
-Acrobatics

This set kills Breloom, and some Scrafty too.

Anyway, great team. Good luck.

I recommend revamping Gliscor like this.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 Hp 252 def 4 Spe (or whatever)
-Earthquake
-Fling
-Taunt
-Acrobatics

This set kills Breloom, and some Scrafty too.

Anyway, great team. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try it out..

in my opinion three choiced mons are a little too much for any team
also blissey is ruined by any faster ghost type with taunt if your only attacking move is seismic toss and i recommend running a wishpasser set on her to help out the rest of the team further

in my opinion three choiced mons are a little too much for any team
also blissey is ruined by any faster ghost type with taunt if your only attacking move is seismic toss and i recommend running a wishpasser set on her to help out the rest of the team further
I only have two choiced guys.. (Terrakion and Scizor)
It's true that Blissey often gets walled but scizor usually fixes the ghosts (well maybe not chandelure), and Blissey can Aromatheraphy Will-o-wisps..

ohh yeah my bad but wish is still a good option on it ive used it before and the ability to heal your other mons is great really

ohh yeah my bad but wish is still a good option on it ive used it before and the ability to heal your other mons is great really
Thanks for the advice, i'll try Wish blissey, and it also makes sense to use it with fling gliscor cuz now he doesn't want his posion to get Aromateraphy..

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey,

Try out Recover > Psyshock on your Latios. The latter will be losing health constantly because of Life Orb recoil, in addition to Stealth Rock damage, seeing as you have no Rapid Spin support. For your Terrakion, I'd try out Earthquake over Rock Slide. It lets you hit Jirachi and Tentacruel much harder. You already have Stone Edge as main STAB anyways. For Heatran, I'd just go with a 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe EV spread with a Timid Nature, honestly. You aren't retaining much bulk with only 84 HP EVs. This EV spread allows you to outspeed all unboosted Adamant Dragonite, and they can then be taken out with Hidden Power [Ice].

Hey,

Try out Recover > Psyshock on your Latios. The latter will be losing health constantly because of Life Orb recoil, in addition to Stealth Rock damage, seeing as you have no Rapid Spin support. For your Terrakion, I'd try out Earthquake over Rock Slide. It lets you hit Jirachi and Tentacruel much harder. You already have Stone Edge as main STAB anyways. For Heatran, I'd just go with a 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe EV spread with a Timid Nature, honestly. You aren't retaining much bulk with only 84 HP EVs. This EV spread allows you to outspeed all unboosted Adamant Dragonite, and they can then be taken out with Hidden Power [Ice].
Thanks for the advice..
Since I'm gonna run Wish for Blissey, Psyschock would be better now, although Recover would be better if she's using aromateraphy.
For Terrakion, i've been using Earthquake before but sometimes stone edge misses like three times in a row that it causes me to lose.. I really prefer Rock Slide. Terra's just probably gonna lose against Jirachi and Tentacruel, too.
Alright I'll max out heatran's speed..

Starmie

Since youre team seems to be weak against Water and Fighting types I suggest replacing Latios with a Starmie using this set:

Starmie(M) @ Life Orb/Expertbelt
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Recover could be an option for longlevity. The Evs is to outspeed most non-scarfed pokes and maximize the damage.

Edits in Bold Italics.

Hi!.. This is my First DW OU pokemon team. I've studied a lot about pokemon already, though.

BloodBoiler (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume

- Stealth Rock

Why: This set is a better lead because instead of trying to outspeed other leads and be a counter lead, which is technically impossible in the current metagame, this set can be a handy staller while being able to set up Rocks, and with everything else on this team, it's the only one that can handle being a workable lead set, therefore, it needs to be a lead set.

Heatran is a pretty nice stealth rocker, and Tank, and seems to have a good synergy to my team. He also serves as the main lead. Set is pretty self-explanatory; I didn't max out the speed 'cause i want him to be a bit bulky. This slot used to be for Rotom-W, but I don't have a Stealth Rocker, and I'd need another dragon resist (and an added bonus is that heatran's a good lead).. Too bad, I really liked Rotom-W's Will-o-wisp and Pain Split..

DeathJet (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock / Dragon Pulse / Recover

Why: This actually is a pretty standard set. Psyshock is obviously here for Chansey / Blissey, since anything else on this set can handle Conkeldurr and Breloom, but the former are both covered by Scizor and Terrakion, therefore, Psyshock is not necessary. Dragon Pulse would be a healthy addition if you want to attempt a sweep with a strong STAB move without the -2 SpAtk, which is very valuable on Latios. Recover is also viable, since this is a sweeper set. Scizor might attempt at coming out to Pursuit, thinking this is a scarf/specs set, to which you Recover, giving another turn to outspeed and HP Fire, considering they don't switch.

When I was first building my team, this Latios made a lot more synergy, but seems to be the weakest link right now. The set is pretty standard. I prefer this from the Calm Mind version, since I don't get a lot of opportunities for it. This Latios used to be a scarfer with Trick, but Scizors piss me off when Pursuit turns out to be a win-win, Plus I don't get a lot of opportunities to trick as his main job is to revenge kill, and thus needs the scarf.

Psycslicer (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Why: Another obvious standard set. 16 Spd lets you outspeed most other Scizor sets, while still standing slower than Skarmory so you can pull off a successful Superpower after a Roost followed by Bullet Punch which almost definitely kill.

This Scizor is pretty useful, as it can even 2HKO full HP sweepers with his awesome Bullet Punch. Pursuit is also very sick, as they handle ghost types switching in on Blissey, Latios, or Terra's CC. With correct prediction, U-turn and Superpower can also dent holes on Scizor's counters. This is also my second dragon resist. This guy's also my back up revenge killer, if Terrakion can't handle it. I've been thinking of using another set, but then I can't use Pursuit effectively.

BullShot (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge

Why: Earthquake over Rock Slide for hitting Tentacruel and Jirachi, and even Scizor if you're locked.

Since Latios and Heatran are both special attackers, I'd want another physical guy (although choiced, it can also sweep a bit..) as my revenge killer. This used to be a mixed Overheat Infernape with HP Ice, but I won't have any special attackers so I replaced him with Terrakion.. Maybe if Latios would be replaced by a physical attacker, I could switch this slot back to Infernape, as he works better. Rock Slide > Earthquake, i don't see a normal situation where EQ is better, and Stone Edge tends to miss when you don't want it to..

Swirlycoq (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Taunt
Ahh Gliscor.. Just having him (not fainted) makes me feel relieved.. This set makes Gliscor a decent tank. This set works by using Taunt first to stop the other pokemon from setting up, flinging the toxic orb (to have a pseudo-toxic effect thing), then using either earthquake or the boosted acrobatics. This set pretty much beats all fighting types (and a lot of other physical attackers) without random ice moves.

LilPinkBlob (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Wish
-Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Thunder Wave

Why: I suggest having Thunder Wave, since the lead Heatran would take the position of Toxic Staller, to slow down the threads to this team, such as Jirachi, among other things, so that you have your sweepers that would normally fall victim to such have the chance to snipe the slowed down threats.

No introduction required. It's my other wall.. Wish and Protect would provide my team more longevity. I use this over Aromatherapy (even though I kinda prefer it) because it would reset gliscor's toxic orb, and if it would be flinged, Gliscor is out of his recovery and status immunity. I felt like adding a bit more to speed, so it could outspeed pokemon EVd to outspeed 0Spd Blisseys, and perhaps squeeze an Wish or Protect in.
Hoped I helped, if at all.

Since youre team seems to be weak against Water and Fighting types I suggest replacing Latios with a Starmie using this set:

Starmie(M) @ Life Orb/Expertbelt
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Recover could be an option for longlevity. The Evs is to outspeed most non-scarfed pokes and maximize the damage.
Thanks for the advice, i've been thinking of trying starmie.. I probably will use recover over Psychic

Edits in Bold Italics.

Hoped I helped, if at all.
Thanks for the advice
@Heatran, i'll try him out.
@Latios, it would either be Latios with the Dragon Pulse, or Starmie
@Scizor, oh wow.. i thought 8Spd was pretty standard.. I'm choiced though so I still can't beat skarm
@Terrakion, You meant '- Rock Slide / Earthquake' i still prefer Rock Slide since it's been a couple of times that Stone Edge missed that made me lose.
@Blissey, i'll try thunderwave..

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Epicnoob, I honestly say, dump the 8 Speed EVs into SpD. If you invest in more speed than other Scizor, you will lose momentum when you U-turn against an opposing Scizor, because they see what you switched in and bring out the appropriate counter. This is why I suggest not investing in Speed. Now, for the Heatran set, I agree with Radio Move on changing the set. However, I suggest a slightly bulkier set. Due to having Toxic on Heatran and Blissey now, I suggest switching your Gliscor to the most annoying poke ever, barring Sableye: ToxicStall Gliscor. This poke beats all Fighting types not carring Ice moves. Simply Toxic the incoming counter or current poke, then abuse Protect + Substitute. It kills all pokes slower than it. Earthquake takes care of Steels barring Bronzong and Skarmory. Hope I helped.

New Heatran set
ToxicStall Gliscor > current Gliscor

Heatran (M) @Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 136 SpD / 168 Spe
Nature: Calm
-Toxic
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock
-Protect/Roar/Earth Power

Gliscor (M) @Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Toxic/Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Substitute
-Protect

Epicnoob, I honestly say, dump the 8 Speed EVs into SpD. If you invest in more speed than other Scizor, you will lose momentum when you U-turn against an opposing Scizor, because they see what you switched in and bring out the appropriate counter. This is why I suggest not investing in Speed. Now, for the Heatran set, I agree with Radio Move on changing the set. However, I suggest a slightly bulkier set. Due to having Toxic on Heatran and Blissey now, I suggest switching your Gliscor to the most annoying poke ever, barring Sableye: ToxicStall Gliscor. This poke beats all Fighting types not carring Ice moves. Simply Toxic the incoming counter or current poke, then abuse Protect + Substitute. It kills all pokes slower than it. Earthquake takes care of Steels barring Bronzong and Skarmory. Hope I helped.

New Heatran set
ToxicStall Gliscor > current Gliscor

Heatran (M) @Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 136 SpD / 168 Spe
Nature: Calm
-Toxic
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock
-Protect/Roar/Earth Power

Gliscor (M) @Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Toxic/Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Substitute
-Protect
Thanks for the advice..
I'll put Scizor's EVs to SDef, i realized it has to be slower on U-turns( and Superpowers too).
Alright I'll use the bulky Heatran.
For Gliscor, I'm not really sure, as the fling set and the toxic staller have their own pros and cons.

@Scizor, oh wow.. i thought 8Spd was pretty standard.. I'm choiced though so I still can't beat skarm
@Terrakion, You meant '- Rock Slide / Earthquake' i still prefer Rock Slide since it's been a couple of times that Stone Edge missed that made me lose.
Attempted to edit it, lost the chance, and I missed the fact Scizor is choiced.

Has the lack of a rapid spinner been much of an issue for your team as you've been battling?

If so a Starmie like was previously mentioned could patch up some of the holes Latios has, while also adding rapid spin support to your team.

Has the lack of a rapid spinner been much of an issue for your team as you've been battling?

If so a Starmie like was previously mentioned could patch up some of the holes Latios has, while also adding rapid spin support to your team.
Yes toxic spikes are annoying, especially now that I don't use aromatherapy anymore. I'll use starmie now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)