SM OU My first team ever. Let me know how I did!

Hello there person! This is my first time posting a thread, so sorry in advance for any layout problems. Anyways, I'm pretty new to the whole pokemon competitive scene, but I've been wanting to try something like this for a while now. So, here it is!

toxapex (1).gif

DOOM DOME (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

My special tank. I think it has a little synergy with bulu's grassy terrain to weaken those pesky earthquakes. Stops sweepers as well and generally just doesn't die!
scizor-mega.gif

Real Steel (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This scizor is supposed to be a sweeper, but cause of its relatively low speed, not sure if I should replace roost w/ agility.
tapubulu.gif

Big Tapu BOOLIN' (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Def / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Designed this bulu to be disgustingly fat, with lefties, terrain, seeds, AND horn leech getting all kinds of hp back every turn. Stone edge is there only cause of Victini's victory star tbh.
landorus-therian.gif

Ugly Flying Tiger (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn

I was told this was basically the jesus of OU, so I just slapped him on there. Rocks, defog,(well needed Earthquake switch-in) and switch momentum? What more could you want? He also fits the little team color thing I got going on, so that's a plus.

victini.gif

Fiyah Star (Victini) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Celebrate

My special setup sweeper. Victory star is great, so i put fire blast on it and am contemplating focus blast too! Oh, and by the way, I just kinda slapped shadow ball on there. Any suggestions on another move for that slot would be nice.
tapukoko.gif

This is gonna hurt (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

It's fast. It's got some painful switch momentum. It's name is not bluffing. It's got a mohawk.
So yeah... that's about it.
Any help on ev spreads, moves, items, etc. is greatly appreciated!
(p.s. hope you like the color scheme thing I got going on)

I would advise running Hidden Power Ice on Landorus-Therian instead of Defog. It's useful to beat other Landorus-Therians as well as Garchomp, Zygarde and similar Pokemon. This said, change the Tapu Koko set to this:
Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Defog
Choice items on Electric-type Pokemon is often a risky gamble, as their STAB is easily blocked by the very prevalent Ground-type Pokemon of the tier and resisted by Grass-types such as Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu or Tangrowth. At the moment, I think Shuca Berry Tapu Koko represents its best set; the ability to take an Earthquake is crucial in order to turn tides in the event of difficulties against the popular Zygarde, Landorus-Therian... Besides, Tapu Koko forces switches by virtue of its decent power and speed, giving you opportunities to Defog.

Other changes include Focus Blast > Shadow ball on Victini; Tyranitar absolutely walls your set as it is. You could try U-Turn over Bug Bite on Scizor-mega; it may not be boosted, but it gives your Scizor more utility mid-game, where it may not be ready to sweep immediately, and creates a VoltTurn core with Tapu Koko or Landorus-Therian, which gives you an easier time at bringing Victini in for example. Finally, I'm not sure of the Tapu Bulu set you use, I find it a bit torn between offensive and defensive; Substitute > Swords Dance would give you more durability. Or Bulk Up, possibly. But Swords Dance's main role is to wallbreak, and in this event Tapu Bulu would probably run a Z-Crystal or a Life Orb to boost its attacks' power. Sub Leech Seed, along with Leftovers and Grassy Terrain, would give it a lot of longevity.

I would advise running Hidden Power Ice on Landorus-Therian instead of Defog. It's useful to beat other Landorus-Therians as well as Garchomp, Zygarde and similar Pokemon. This said, change the Tapu Koko set to this:
Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Defog
Choice items on Electric-type Pokemon is often a risky gamble, as their STAB is easily blocked by the very prevalent Ground-type Pokemon of the tier and resisted by Grass-types such as Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu or Tangrowth. At the moment, I think Shuca Berry Tapu Koko represents its best set; the ability to take an Earthquake is crucial in order to turn tides in the event of difficulties against the popular Zygarde, Landorus-Therian... Besides, Tapu Koko forces switches by virtue of its decent power and speed, giving you opportunities to Defog.

Other changes include Focus Blast > Shadow ball on Victini; Tyranitar absolutely walls your set as it is. You could try U-Turn over Bug Bite on Scizor-mega; it may not be boosted, but it gives your Scizor more utility mid-game, where it may not be ready to sweep immediately, and creates a VoltTurn core with Tapu Koko or Landorus-Therian, which gives you an easier time at bringing Victini in for example. Finally, I'm not sure of the Tapu Bulu set you use, I find it a bit torn between offensive and defensive; Substitute > Swords Dance would give you more durability. Or Bulk Up, possibly. But Swords Dance's main role is to wallbreak, and in this event Tapu Bulu would probably run a Z-Crystal or a Life Orb to boost its attacks' power. Sub Leech Seed, along with Leftovers and Grassy Terrain, would give it a lot of longevity.
Thank you so much, never even thought about things like t-tar vs victini or sub on bulu for even more longevity. I'll definitely implement these changes to the team!

Scizor isn't fast and when you play it with SD and Roost I would prefer a defensive set, because you even have a Prio. And you maybe could try out Pusuit over Bug Bite / U-Turn. You don't have to, but I had some nice experiences with it. The set would be:

Scizor
Item: Scizorite
EV's: 252HP, 252Att, 4SpDef
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Roost
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit

Scizor isn't fast and when you play it with SD and Roost I would prefer a defensive set, because you even have a Prio. And you maybe could try out Pusuit over Bug Bite / U-Turn. You don't have to, but I had some nice experiences with it. The set would be:

Scizor
Item: Scizorite
EV's: 252HP, 252Att, 4SpDef
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Roost
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
That isn't really a defensive SD Mega Scizor set, this is.
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn / Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Well, I prefer the Att-Investment, because it still wanna do some damage. You can play it totally defensive, but I prefer this Bulky Offensive Set.

Well, I prefer the Att-Investment, because it still wanna do some damage. You can play it totally defensive, but I prefer this Bulky Offensive Set.
With complete defense investment you still do a good amount of damage at +2. The 252 Attack doesn't really do anything notable either whereas the Defense investment lets it matchup against cb Zygarde and other similar threats better. It also gives it an easier time setting up against shit like defensive Landorus-T.

Hello !
First for a first team it's not so bad haha!
Here are some changes you could make.

First of all I think that the set Choice Specs Koko here is not a very good idea because for your team an object with choice it is rather risky especially by knowing the meta earthquake.
Attention I saw a set with Defog on Koko earlier I advise you another set because the defog is useless knowing that you already have Lando who does it.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

After I think that Scizor at this moment in the meta is very complicated to place especially with a set SD without investment in defense. So I'm offering you a Def set. ( Take U-Turn because your team doesn't touch pokemons of the psy type )

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

I hope I've been able to help you a little bit, pick up the post and answer below to see where you are. Bye !

Hello !
First for a first team it's not so bad haha!
Here are some changes you could make.

First of all I think that the set Choice Specs Koko here is not a very good idea because for your team an object with choice it is rather risky especially by knowing the meta earthquake.
Attention I saw a set with Defog on Koko earlier I advise you another set because the defog is useless knowing that you already have Lando who does it.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

After I think that Scizor at this moment in the meta is very complicated to place especially with a set SD without investment in defense. So I'm offering you a Def set. ( Take U-Turn because your team doesn't touch pokemons of the psy type )

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

I hope I've been able to help you a little bit, pick up the post and answer below to see where you are. Bye !
I said to run Hidden Power Ice on Landorus-Therian and that is why I attributed Defog to Tapu Koko. Read carefully before claiming my suggestion was useless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)