Gen 7 My first team for gen 7 OU

So, I have just been getting back into pokemon showdown and I've been playing a lot of gen 7 ou and after a while I decided to create my own team for it rather than borrowing one from the internet. I wanted to include mega Scizor and Cloyster as they have probably been my two favorite pokemon to be using since I have started playing again. I've played with it for a while and made a few changes and it has been doing rather well. Still, I would like to see if anyone thinks of any good changes to improve it.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 108 HP / 148 Atk / 252 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite

Originally, I had started with a faster and more offensive Scizor but as I have gotten through the process of building the team, I thought that it would need a bit more bulk. It can usually get off a swords dance against most pokemon and can stay healthy with roost. once it has a swords dance, it can spam it's technician-boosted Bullet Punch and Bug Bite. It's steel typing fits really well with the rest of my team as it walls out electric types which half of the team are weak against and the typing gives it only one weakness being fire.

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 184 HP / 8 Atk / 220 Def / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Liquidation
- Toxic

I usually lead with Araquanid as it can counter many other leads with magic coat and prevent things like stealth rocks or spikes. Sticky webs are also very useful for other members in the team, helping them outspeed extremely fast mons and helping with choice scarfers. It has toxic to pressure bulky mons and people who spam defog to remove sticky webs or other hazards. It's Liquidation gives very good water stab and can take down lots of pokemon who stay there to stop it. The ability water Bubble is very useful as it strengthens Liquidation even more, provides immunity to burn, and halves fire damage.

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 148 HP / 120 Atk / 80 SpD / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear

Cloyster is a very fragile that dies very easily with extremely low special defense and low health. Despite those flaws, it can sweep whole teams if sent in at the right time. If it can manage to survive a hit and get a shell smash up, it can deal massive damage with Icicle Spear and Rock Blast while also having water Stab With Liquidation. After a Shell smash it will likely outspeed most mons (it has trouble with scarfers if there is no sticky web up). While most Cloysters I have seen usually hold white herb to get rid of that decreased defense from shell smash, I gave it a kings rock due to each hit of Icicle Spear and Rock Blast having a chance for the opposing pokemon to flinch if they even do survive the attack. This gives them a total of a 41% chance for them to flinch when hit by Icicle Spear or Rock Blast.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 172 Atk / 52 Def / 32 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Excadrill is another pokemon that I mainly use to support the rest of the team. It's focus sash almost guarantees that it can get Stealth Rocks up which help a lot at chipping away at the opponents pokemon. It has rapid spin to remove any hazards that the opponent actually does manage to get down. Just like Scizor, it is a very good switch in against electric types that tear through other members of the team. It originally had Earthquake and Iron Head for stab but I noticed how excadrill struggled so much with grass types and flying types so I replaced Iron Head with Poison Jab.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 32 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch

At this point of the team building process, I realized how much of an offensive team this was and I decided to put in Hawlucha. Hawlucha benefits from Tapu Koko's electric terrain and if it switches into it, it's electric seed is used giving it +1 defense, doubling it's speed because of Unburden, and doubling Acrobatic's power. It can usually get at least 1 swords dance up if played at the right time and then, sitting at 600 speed and +2 attack it can usually sweep the opponents team or at least do massive damage to them.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Koko is a very good pokemon with amazing speed and extremely high special attack. That already high special attack is boosted by choice specs and it's electric moves being boosted by Electric Terrain make it a very big threat of the opposing team. Dazzling Gleam is a good stab move and HP Fire provides good coverage as there are no other fire moves on my team. Volt Switch Does massive amounts of damage and provides an easy switch (Usually to Hawlucha because of how much it benefits from Tapu Koko).

That was my team. I would like to see if anyone has any suggestions for anything to make it better. I have had a lot of fun playing pokemon lately and would like to get better at it.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey, this seems like a good start to a Hyper Offence team, but I think a few things could be tweaked to improve its matchup against the metagame. Another thing to note is that when you use EVs that are not standard, you should explain what they're used for. Otherwise they seem completely random.

Firstly, I think some sets can be optimised. I'd use this Excadrill set to guarantee that Rocks go up against Defog Tornadus. Poison Jab seems very unnecessary on a suicide lead.
I would go with this Hawlucha set so that we can deal with Zapdos. The Speed EVs are just enough to outspeed Jolly Excadrill in sand. 96 HP EVs, along with 36 SpD EVs, enable Hawlucha to survive a Moonblast from Clefable and 2HKO it with Acrobactics.
This Scizor set is pretty good. 248 HP, 16 Defense EVs, and an Impish nature allows Mega Scizor to avoid getting 2HKOed by Sacred Sword from Choice Band Kartana after Stealth Rock damage. You can increase the Defence EVs to 40 to be able to always survive a 2HKO from Mega Swampert's Waterfall in the rain at the expense of some SpD EVs.
Dual Screens Tapu Koko makes for some great support in for this team. You trade power for longer lasting Reflect and Light Screen. Of course it still has its Hawlucha shenanigans. This helps your offensive Pokemon set up more easily.

I felt that Cloyster is a bit hard to set up with and that your team desperately needed a way to take on Ash Greninja, so I replaced it with Z-Belly Drum Azumarill. Under screens this thing becomes a monster.
I also decided to get rid of Araquinid, as this team doesn't really gain much from Webs. I think that Magearna is another sweeper that really abuses the screens that we could add. I think that a Shuca Berry set is worth it here, allowing us to set up on the likes of Garchomp. I put enough speed to outspeed all meta-relevant threats, max SpA and the rest in HP just in case.

Here is the team with my edits.

I hope you enjoy :)

Hey, this seems like a good start to a Hyper Offence team, but I think a few things could be tweaked to improve its matchup against the metagame. Another thing to note is that when you use EVs that are not standard, you should explain what they're used for. Otherwise they seem completely random.

Firstly, I think some sets can be optimised. I'd use this Excadrill set to guarantee that Rocks go up against Defog Tornadus. Poison Jab seems very unnecessary on a suicide lead.
I would go with this Hawlucha set so that we can deal with Zapdos. The Speed EVs are just enough to outspeed Jolly Excadrill in sand. 96 HP EVs, along with 36 SpD EVs, enable Hawlucha to survive a Moonblast from Clefable and 2HKO it with Acrobactics.
This Scizor set is pretty good. 248 HP, 16 Defense EVs, and an Impish nature allows Mega Scizor to avoid getting 2HKOed by Sacred Sword from Choice Band Kartana after Stealth Rock damage. You can increase the Defence EVs to 40 to be able to always survive a 2HKO from Mega Swampert's Waterfall in the rain at the expense of some SpD EVs.
Dual Screens Tapu Koko makes for some great support in for this team. You trade power for longer lasting Reflect and Light Screen. Of course it still has its Hawlucha shenanigans. This helps your offensive Pokemon set up more easily.

I felt that Cloyster is a bit hard to set up with and that your team desperately needed a way to take on Ash Greninja, so I replaced it with Z-Belly Drum Azumarill. Under screens this thing becomes a monster.
I also decided to get rid of Araquinid, as this team doesn't really gain much from Webs. I think that Magearna is another sweeper that really abuses the screens that we could add. I think that a Shuca Berry set is worth it here, allowing us to set up on the likes of Garchomp. I put enough speed to outspeed all meta-relevant threats, max SpA and the rest in HP just in case.

Here is the team with my edits.

I hope you enjoy :)
Thanks for the recommendations! I will try out the team with the changes you made. This seems like it could work a lot better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)