My first team, I suppose.

Hello, I'm Perfect Cell. I'm a bit new to the B/W metagame and I haven't played competitive Pokemon since the late days of D/P/PL. I've thought about it for a few days and here is my team. Be gentle please, I'm still trying to re-learn the metagame.

Adamant
Leichi/Salac Berry
24 HP/252 ATK/234 SPE
Substitute
Spore
Focus Punch
Leech Seed

Good ol' Breloom. His main goal is to hide behind Substitute, Spore, and hopefully Focus Punch the crap out of anything he finds. I usually try to get this thing to revenge kill. The EV's in HP are for substitute, and the ATK and SPE EV's explain themselves. I still cannot decide on the berry though, any comments on that would be nice.

Bold
Eviolite
252 HP/252 Def/4 SP.D
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Seismic Toss

Alright, I'm guilty of C&P for this, but what can I say? Chansey is an amazing wall that can't be passed up! I personally prefer Protect > Sub for Chansey because usually Chansey is a bit slow. I was thinking of adding more EV's to her SP.D by taking away some of her HP EV's, but I'm not exactly sure.

Bold
Leftovers
80 HP/232 DEF/198 SP.D
Substitute/Protect
Stealth Rock
Sunny Day
Lava Plume

This thing is my lead. It's goal is to set up Stealth Rock or the Sun. Better if it gets both plus a sub. The EV's on Heatran look a bit odd, I tried to balance out the EV's in a defensive manner. They work out alright so far, bar against some choice specs users.

Timid
Chlorophyll
Leftovers
100 HP/252 SP.A/152 SPE
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Sludge Bomb
Growth

An absolute monster in the sun. This thing will literally eat everything in it's path if it gets the chance. It's goal is to destroy and with the boosted speed from the sun it should have an easy time doing so.

Adamant
Blaze
Life Orb
4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
Close Combat
Fire Punch
Swords Dance
Thunderpunch

From what I can remember, Infernape can learn Thunderpunch, which helps out with the teams small water weakness a bit. While it's nothing compared to Blaziken, it's a good choice nevertheless. It's the main revenge killer.

Modest
Choice Specs.
40 Def/252 SP.A/218 SPE
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
(Thinking of move to replace roost)
(Thinking of move to replace Protect)

It's a Specialattackmence. It's a good special sweeper. I need something to compensate for roost and protect though, as Salamence is going to stay around. Any help would be nice.

Edits:

Added Descriptions.
Fixed title.
Swapped out Flamethrower for Lava Plume on Heatran.
Swapped out Protect on Venusaur for Growth.
Considering adding Ninetails.
Took out Protect and Roost from Salamence, gave him Choice Specs to replace his previous hold item.
Updated Localization Files

Please expand on your descriptions if you want a quality rate. You should have a small paragraph under each pokemon at least. You can look at some other RMTs if you want to see what it should look like.

Also, you don't need Dream World as your prefix just because you have Chlorophyll Venusaur. Dream World is a tier that includes unreleased pokemon like Genesect and Shadow Tag Chandelure, and your Venusaur is legal for standard OU.

So, just expand on your descriptions, and we'd be happy to help you!

Ok I haven't done a RMT in a while but let me try to help you out

First of all a sunny day team in OU needs Ninetales no ifs ands or buts about it there is nothing better than permanent sun for a sunny day team and is the sole reason ninetales is in OU to begin with. I suggest replacing Brelloom since he isnt really bringing anything to your team. If u need/want sleep support venasaur can always run sleep powder over sunny day which then brings me to my next point...
Venasaur hits like a 7 year old girl with down syndrome especially if you are gonna have leftovers on him and from what your set looks like it seems Venasaur is there to sweep? and if so those EVs i dont understand Run Modest nature to give venasaur the power he needs and possibly throw growth on him try
Venasaur@life orb
252spe 252SpAtt
-growth
-solar beam
-hp fire
-sleep powder/sludgebomb

As for Heatran again the EVs are a little weird but if its working for u then ok just add an explanation as to why those EVs as far as the moves run Lava Plume over flamethrower 30% burn gives it a 90% chance to get a burn after 3 uses instead of only a 30% with flamethrower and since ur heatran is gonna be around for a while u might as well use some hax on him other than that the moves are fine

Salamence just no if u have roost on him then he is clearly gonna be in for more than 1 turn and draco meteor is a 1 turn move and he cant do anything after using that try specs mence or mixmence

infernape and chansey are fine but try to do some battles on pokemon online or view some other peoples sun teams Volcarona with HP ground can sweep your entire team especially in the sun same with scarf terrakion

Please expand on your descriptions if you want a quality rate. You should have a small paragraph under each pokemon at least. You can look at some other RMTs if you want to see what it should look like.

Also, you don't need Dream World as your prefix just because you have Chlorophyll Venusaur. Dream World is a tier that includes unreleased pokemon like Genesect and Shadow Tag Chandelure, and your Venusaur is legal for standard OU.

So, just expand on your descriptions, and we'd be happy to help you!
Ah, ok. Will be right on it.

The descriptions are still on the short side. You may get in trouble for that later, but we can ignore that for now.

First off, I'm sorry to say that both Salac and Leichi Berry are currently illegal since there is no legit way to get them in the games.

Second, you REALLY need a Ninetales if you want this to be any good competitively. It got Drought as a Dream World ability (currently released, so no worries there) and is a staple on every Sun team. Also, you should run a Modest nature on Venusaur to maximize power, with 252 EVs in speed.

Volcarona is also a much better abuser of the sun than Salamence is, so you may want to swith him out for a Quiver Dance set. You may also want to switch out Heatran for a more physically defensive pokemon that can both set up rocks and spin away hazards for your fire types. Donphan would be ideal.

The descriptions are still on the short side. You may get in trouble for that later, but we can ignore that for now.

First off, I'm sorry to say that both Salac and Leichi Berry are currently illegal since there is no legit way to get them in the games.

Second, you REALLY need a Ninetales if you want this to be any good competitively. It got Drought as a Dream World ability (currently released, so no worries there) and is a staple on every Sun team. Also, you should run a Modest nature on Venusaur to maximize power, with 252 EVs in speed.

Volcarona is also a much better abuser of the sun than Salamence is, so you may want to swith him out for a Quiver Dance set. You may also want to switch out Heatran for a more physically defensive pokemon that can both set up rocks and spin away hazards for your fire types. Donphan would be ideal.
Yeah, they are a bit short, I still can't think of anything to say. Also, Holy crap, Ninetails gets drought? Going in the team for sure.

I'll have to edit it tomorrow. Thank you for the help!

Your team has a big weakness to Landorus, and ground attacks in general. It would be best to replace one member of your team (either Heatran or Infernape IMO) with a counter.
One i would recommend would be a Gastrodon with either mixed EVs or Def to counter this
a set I use is

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover
- Substitute/Toxic

The EVs give Don a nice mixed wall capabilities, making it a good switch in for attacks directed at your frailer sweepers. A good strategy is to come in on a water type attack such as the common Scald or Rotom-W's choiced Hydro Pump, then sub or toxic as they switch to a counter, and hit them with a +1 Scald or Ice Beam while they break your sub, with Ice Beam OHKOing Landorus that gives your team trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)