My first team in 3 years

I haven’t played in about 3 years so go easy on me for this team but I would enjoy some constructive criticism

:ss/conkeldurr:
Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch

I use Conkeldurr as a wall breaker. He is not fast but he hits like a truck. He is one strong Pokémon that can undisputedly hit hard with stab like CC and Mach Punch with some coverage.

:ss/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

I use Dragapult as a speedy special attacker. Also he can lower the attack stat of other mons in a pinch. He can sweep teams if not careful. I gave him the life orb because I thought that I was going to make a physical attacker out of him but I didn’t and I forgot to change it so I would go with choice specs instead of life orb.

:ss/zeraora:
Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

this Pokémon is just to deal damage as quickly as possible. He hits hard and he hits fast. He can deal with dragon types and water types and those are the two most common types that I see personally.

:ss/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Defog
- Iron Head

Corviknight is here to get rid of any rocks or spikes that may harm the team without getting hurt or affected by them at the same time. I gave him iron defense and body press just to put in some extra damage. Iron head is also a good way to deal with fairy types but just be careful, some of them run fire type moves.

:ss/hippowdon:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sandstorm
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Yawn

He hits hard and he can set up rocks. That is the main utility of hippowdon. I gave him earthquake to deal damage and yawn to put things to slee

:ss/kartana:
Kartana @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Kartana is the main way that I like to deal with fairy, steel, and rock types. He hits fast and hard and his ability helps him hit even harder. I gave him Sacred Sword so that he can deal with any normal types as well (not that I see too many it’s just good to have that option open if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi Carbonfrost, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Thanks for the descriptions, I edited your post and unlocked the thread if anyone wants to rate (I also added the Pokemon sprites with :ss/pokemon:)

To give a few tips though, I would suggest using the Smogon analysis sets, as some of your sets are a bit weird. For instance, Kartana doesn't really want to wear boots and rather have an offensive item, Hippowdon needs Slack Off and you can directly use Sand Stream instead of Sandstorm, Corviknight absolutely needs Roost to be efficient, and I would directly go with Choice Specs Dragapult over Life Orb as you are mostly clicking Shadow Ball anyway (and thus go Draco Meteor over Will-O-Wisp). Anyway, here are the analyses that shoulf help you making the sets (they are not all super up to date, but should still be a great start): https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/ou/

As for the team structure I would add a bulky Water type Pokemon to the team over one of your offensive Pokemon to help against Urshifu and Rain, and I would run a fully specially defensive Hippowdon (shift Def in HP) for stuff like Pult. Conkeldurr can be a cool breaker even though it's hella slow, but that's something you can try using to break more fat teams (run Knock Off over Fire Punch tho).

I changed the team a little bit and idk if it is any better but here it is.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Scald
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic Spikes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Yawn

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Last edited:
This is a pretty good team. Here are some suggestions that you should take with a grain of salt.

Are there specific 2HKO or OHKO benchmarks you hit with adamant on zeraora? Otherwise, timid would be better to outspeed stuff.

Also, what does the EV spread on Conk do?

You might want to make toxapex phy def to help check weavile. The only pokemon that can switch in in conk, but t axel does around 60%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)