SS OU My Hardstuck 1400 Kyutie Kyurem Team :')

Introduction

Hey y'all, this is my first post so please forgive me if the formatting is kinda wack and ugly. My goal is to climb to around 1700 so I started a new account to grind on and managed to get to 1410 in 20 games with this team, but I feel like I'm always stuck at around this point (probably because of my wack plays) but I was wondering if there were ways for me to improve my team as well. I wanted to center this team around kyurem but made so many changes to it that idek if it's that anymore. If you're still here thank you for taking the time to read my fugly ass post and I really appreciate all the help!

Team Breakdown

1618465463791.png

Zerororoa (Zeraora) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

I decided to use Zeraora in this team to help me bait in some ground types and also because it helps kyurem get rid of blissey and chansey with knock off and close combat dealing a lot to them. In addition, it helps to deal some chip to annoying steel types that kyurem either can't beat or has to outplay (such as heatran, corviknight, and ferrothorn). The fact that zeraora is also able to revenge kill dragapult with knock off is really appreciated as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1618465536855.png

Kyutie @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

I wanted to use kyurem because I love how apart from blissey and chansey, nothing really takes a hit from kyurem confidently. I did notice however that it really struggled against mons that dance around it's moves. Such as: blissey, heatran, chansey, corviknight, and fairy types. Although kyurem does outspeed a lot of mons that it one shots (lando, d-nite, nidoking, rillaboom, etc.). It's slower than garchomp, dragapult and the latis which can destroy it with their dragon type moves. However, regardless of the matchup I feel like kyurem always puts in work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1618465558497.png

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Corviknight is here for hazard control as well as my check for rillaboom and my switch in the physical attackers. There are some mons that destroy it such as victini, zeroara, koko, to name a few. Honestly, I just put it here because I'm traumatized by rillaboom, but I may be considering zapdos here instead as it does help with some of the above counters. But the steel typing is also really nice for toxic and pressure stall is pretty handy sometimes too.

1618465579615.png

Primarina @ Assault Vest
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Flip Turn
- Shadow Ball

I decided to put primarina here as my dragapult and heatran checks. The flip turn helps to get momentum, allowing it to get kyurem in safely as primarina is slow af. The SpD stat with assault vest is insane and it still hits like a truck too. It also helps deal with mons such as slowbro and slowking (even though kyurem kinda wrecks them). Even with minimal SpD investment, it tanks super effective hits pretty well, although I'm sure that there are better ev spreads that I should adjust but for now this is kinda what I'm working with.

1618464964402.png

Garchump (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Endure

Garchomp is my rocks setter as well as my check for hawlucha, rillaboom, melmetal (if it doesn't have ice punch), zeraora and victini. Garchomp comes in pretty clutch as the team is kinda weak to fire, electric and fighting. I haven't really bumped into any urshifus but I feel like it would help a lot with that match up as well. The endure is also really fun to cheese people with :).

1618465618478.png

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Victini was the last mon I added to the team and it's one of my speed control mons. I originally had trick instead of zen headbutt but I liked how I was able to hit slowking galar and nidoking with it, which are both extreme threats to this team. V create also just takes lives in general and is so satisfying to use. Victini helps me with blissey, chansey, steel types, ttar (with u turn), toxapex, slowking galar, nidoking, and sometimes urshifu. Overall, victini helps me close out games and is also a pretty solid lead when the enemy has nidoking cuz my team gets fking destroyed by that purple rhydon.

Conclusion

Thank you so much for reading my post, any feedback is appreciated! I not so lowkey stole the formatting from Dredick except mine is uglier I hope you don't mind. Overall the team has been putting in some work for me but there are a lot of weaknesses that I need to cover and just writing out the whole post has helped me notice those weaknesses as well. Once again, thanks for reading!!!

Attachments

Most definitely use trick instead of zen headbutt on victini, zen headbutt is a low bp move that doesn’t do much damage. Also for nidoking and slowking galar v create still hits it harder than zen headbutt, and trick is great for crippling walls and stall teams. (You could give the scarf to slowking galar/nidoking but they shouldn’t be staying in on you anyways)

Most definitely use trick instead of zen headbutt on victini, zen headbutt is a low bp move that doesn’t do much damage. Also for nidoking and slowking galar v create still hits it harder than zen headbutt, and trick is great for crippling walls and stall teams. (You could give the scarf to slowking galar/nidoking but they shouldn’t be staying in on you anyways)
Thanks! Good point, I didn't think about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)