My Little OU Team

After a hiatus from Pokemon for a few months, I decided to return to competitive battling, right around the start of Gen 6. This time around, I have decided to joined the OU meta, previously playing RU. After putting together a team, I tested it. From my experience, the team does well, but I still believe that it can be made better, which is where you guys come in. So this is my team:

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
Naive Nature
-Fake Out
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat

Standard lead Infernape. This guy is awesome, and in my experience a typical match has him put rocks up and KO a Pokemon or two as well. Focus Sash allows the flaming ape to almost always put rocks up, as it is otherwise by many attacks. Fake Out gives Infernape a chance to break sashes and Sturdy, while Stealth Rock is there to keep Charizard and Talonflame at bay, along with helping to wear down the opposition. Fire Blast and Close Combat are two powerful STABs that hit many 'mons hard, and Naive Nature makes sure that none of Infernape's attacks are hindered. The EVs are standard, allowing for a tie with Galvantula, Terrakion, Keldeo, and other Infernapes while boosting offenses.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin---->Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk/16 Sp. Atk/240 Speed
Hasty Nature
-Swords Dance
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Mega Garchomp is my sweeper, and he accomplishes this task time and time again. The sheer power of a +2 STAB Earthquake from a base 170 attack is humbling, and with his impressive defenses chomp often manages to launch several of these powerful assaults. Swords Dance doubles an already amazing attack stat, turning his attacks from powerful to just stupidly strong, allowing him to easily sweep. Draco Meteor is there so that physical walls can't have their way, and Earthquake is your go-to STAB attack that mauls anything lacking a resist or impressive defenses. Stone Edge allows you to slay the otherwise troublesome Togekiss, along with giving chomp the infamous Edge-Quake combo that few Pokemon resist. Finally, the EVs are there to let the land shark out speed positive base 90s and to make the most of his powerful assaults.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Sp. Def
Sassy Nature
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast

Everyone's favorite dinosaur returns this gen, this time with a new toy to use in the form of Assault Vest. This item transforms Tyranitar from an excellent special tank to an impregnable god
able to survive Kyogre's Modest Choice Specs Water Spout (which is super effective). This sheer bulk allows Tyranitar to wall a multitude of special attackers. Crunch is a generic, reliable STAB move with that trollish chance to lower defense. Pursuit is the move that makes many Psychic and Ghost types ooze with fear, and Stone Edge is another STAB that hits hard. Fire Blast rounds out the coverage, being there to destroy the likes of Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and above all Scizor, who otherwise make Tyranitar a sad dinosaur.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP/248 Def/16 Speed
Impish Nature
-Roost
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Taunt

For all the Earthquakes, Close Combats, U-Turns, Thunderbolts, and a plethora of other attacks that the rest of the team doesn't want to take, Gliscor is there to take these moves like a boss. Most physical moves that don't have ice in their name simply fail to do any substantial damage to the flying scorpion-vampire-thing. Toxic Orb+Poison Heal essentially guarantees not only double leftovers but also an immunity to pesky status conditions. That combined with Roost allows you to heal an incredible 62.5% each turn, so any attacker who fails to reach that threshold will easily be stalled by Gliscor. Earthquake is there for STAB so that you can hurt your foes as you stall them, and U-Turn allows for scouting switch-ins. Taunt shuts down Pokemon attempting to set up on Gliscor with Swords Dance and the like.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Abliity: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Starmie was introduced in the first Gen, and throughout the development of Pokemon has maintained a spot in OU, a testament to its excellence. Hydro Pump is there to thoroughly soak those who lack a water resist or special bulk, although it does seem to miss at crucial times. Thunderbolt is there for water and flying types, while ice beam makes use of the many 4x ice weak Pokemon in the tier. Rapid Spin is a necessity to comfortably switch pokes around without the annoyance of Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Sticky Web. Analytic is there for that extra power during switches, which is always nice. The EVs are self-explanatory, special attack to hurt things and speed to out speed things. Starmie is my spinner, and is utilized not only for keeping hazards off the field but also acting as an offensive presence that forces switches.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Sp. Def
Adamant Nature
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Night Slash

Even now in Gen 6, a Banded, STAB U-Turn and Technician+STAB boosted Bullet Punch coming from a base 130 attack stat still allow Scizor to remain a top-tier threat. This set has proven its worth ever since move tutors in Platinum allowed Scizor to beat even the fastest foes by using its fist like a bullet. Scizor's U-Turn is the pinnacle of scouting, and it always seems to lure those counters so that you can just switch to another Pokemon in the team able to beat them. Bullet Punch is an awesome priority move that never fails to chip away a significant portion of a Pokemon's health, if not outright KO. Superpower is there for stuff like Blissey and steel-types, while Night Slash hits psychics and ghosts where it hurts. The EVs and nature are standard for a standard set.

Importable:
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 Spd / 16 SAtk / 252 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 16 Spd / 248 Def / 244 HP
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Taunt

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

So that is all for my team folks. I've had decent success with this team, but as I mentioned previously, I feel it can be made better with any advice from you guys, so I appreciate all thoughts on this team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)