My New Team

I wrote this RMT in an attempt to get some insight into the RMT process and hopefully come out with a better team in the end. I created this team in an effort to surpass my old rating, a lackluster 1430, and maybe one day become a good battler. Well on to the team.....

The Beginning-Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 108 HP/200 Atk/200 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Trick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Jirachi:

After using an Aerodactyl lead for a long time, I finally decided that I wanted a new lead. After trying many different leads I came upon Jirachi. Apart from looking awesome Jirachi is a very solid anti lead. Suicide leads are taken care of very easily with Iron Head + Flinch Hax. Thunder punch is for Gyarados and Ice punch takes care of Dragons. Trick is used to ruin walls such as Blissey or Suicune.

The Blaze-Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Substitute

Heatran:

SubTran catches tons of people off-guard, switching in a Heatran to absorb the predicted Fire move only to find my own Heatran hiding safely behind a Sub. This guy has saved me so many times in the late game, especially for teams that are unprepared for it. I use Dragon Pulse for the Kingdra, one of the most annoying pokemon in my opinion, Flygon, and for some weird reason I don’t get, Salamence switches which get screwed by the Sub.

The Torrent-Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Suicune:

Using Suicune on my team is an absolute pleasure. Suicune can take physical hits like a monster and Calm Mind makes it a very formidable pokemon. I’m using a Sleep Talking Suicune to absorb incoming status and healing it off with Rest while still having the chance of getting a very useful Calm Mind or Surf. Suicune has won so many games for me and has become one of my favorite pokemon.

The Landslide-Tyranitar@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Tyranitar:

I absolutely love this Tyranitar; It catches tons of people of guard allowing me to get a free KO on an unsuspecting Zapdos, which I hate by the way. This also solves my Rotom issues, especially when they are trying to Trick a Scarf onto poor Suicune. Gengar who think they’re faster pay for trying to Focus Blast him with a swift Crunch. Earthquake provides a solid switch to Heatrans and if they aren’t Timid then I can out speed and KO before they can Earth Power me.

The End-Zapdos@ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hp Grass
- Roost

Zapdos:

This spot is continually changing; I’m constantly switching in and out pokemon to try and find the perfect fit, but to no avail. This is the part of my team I would enjoy the most help for. I’m very open to suggestions. I think that this spot should be filled with a check for my most obvious weaknesses.-Zapdos has come up as a suggestion and it seems like solid one too, it lets me use Thunder Punch on Jirachi instead of having Fire Punch for Zapdos, and it also gives me an answer to Lucario-

The Gust-Salamence@ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 Def
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse

Salamence:

SpecsMence is absolutely awesome, this thing is so rare nowadays people don’t see it coming. Expecting a DD variety of Salamence they switch in a physically oriented counter only to find a smoldering crater where their pokemon was. This thing rips apart Bulky Waters, which can be a hassle for my team, if they’ve been previously damaged and hurts a tons of other things. The intimidate on Salamence has been a godsend, helping me slow down some physical sweepers allowing a hurt Suicune to heal itself.

One of the main problems I have in general during team building is finding my weaknesses. I’m constantly lurking around the RMT and am puzzled as to how people find what their teams are weak to, but I guess it comes with experience? For now I’ll keep trying and hopefully get into the next Tutor round (I forgot about the different time zones this previous time)
I would GREATLY appreciate any and all help with my team………

Rate my team!!!

By the way can anyone tell me how to get pictures in, I know you need to press on the button with the mountain but it does'nt seem to work.... I'll try again later.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 108 HP/200 Atk/200 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Trick
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Jirachi

After using an Aerodactyl lead for a long time, I finally decided that I wanted a new lead. After trying many different leads I came upon Jirachi. Apart from looking awesome Jirachi is a very solid anti lead. Suicide leads are taken care of very easily with Iron Head + Flinch Hax. Fire punch more than usually KO’s Scizor and Ice punch takes care of Dragons. Trick is used to ruin walls such as Blissey or Suicune.
Pretty standard, it works ok. I don't think you need to change it in any way. You could think about T-Punch, but if you prefer to revenge kill Scizor (and SDLuke), then it's fine.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Substitute

Heatran

SubTran catches tons of people off-guard, switching in a Heatran to absorb the predicted Fire move only to find my own Heatran hiding safely behind a Sub. This guy has saved me so many times in the late game, especially for teams that are unprepared for it. I use Dragon Pulse for the Kingdra, one of the most annoying pokemon in my opinion, Flygon, and for some weird reason I don’t get Salamence switches which get screwed by the Sub.
I think that you should replace Dragon Pulse for Toxic (or Stealth Rock, it's important). With Toxic you easily cripple those bulky waters/thick fat Hariyamas. As most of them don't carry Rest, so status is really troublesome. Only use for Dragon Pulse is for Kingdra to be honest here. I think that good idea woul be running bulkier spread for example like 248 HP / 56 SpA / 204 SpD Modest (or Calm). With Sub speed isn't that important and with that you can take weaker x2 super effective attacks. But I guess more offensive spred is also fine if you don't want to trust Substitute too much.

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Surf
- Sleep Talk
Suicune

Using Suicune on my team is an absolute pleasure. Suicune can take physical hits like a monster and Calm Mind makes it a very formidable pokemon. I’m using a Sleep Talking Suicune to absorb incoming status and healing it off with Rest while still having the chance of getting a very useful Calm Mind or Surf. Suicune has won so many games for me and has become one of my favorite pokemon.
You can think about Surf/Roar combination to counter those Gyaras and Salamences if they want to setup on you. If ScarfTyranitar is dead, Gyarados walks through that team quite easily. Also DDMence can be hard to deal with, as your only way to get rid of it is Jirachi. NP Ape also can be troublesome if Salamence is dead (especially when Suicune doesn't have any CM up, without SpDef EVs its OHKO'ed by Grass Knot). I think Pory2 would help here quite a bit, probably in a place of Tyranitar or Lucario. But if you replace Lucario for Pory2, you'll need some strong physical attacker. Maybe DD Bulky Mence ? It can take a hit or two if neccesary, also DD up to break through walls. With all you Ice resists it doesn't sound bad.

move 1: Dragon Claw / Outrage
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Dragon Dance
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe OR 152 HP / 12 Atk / 252 SpD / 92 Spe (Adamant) (choice between being physically bulky or specially bulky)

I hope that I helped a bit. Cheers.

Thanks I'll keep these in mind, I'm getting off for today maybe tommorow there'll be some more suggestions. Thank you.

For what purpose do you have Overheat on Heatran? Wouldn't it better to keep Fire Blast for sweeping purposes? By using Substitute, it seems you plan to stay in most of the time with that Heatran.

Actually, that makes alot of sense.... Ill fix that

I was looking over my general weaknesses and i saw that either rotom or zapdos could cover the ground weakness and cover suicunes electirc and grass weakness plus rotom gives me a useful fight immunity and a not so useful normal immunity.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your team has absolutely no way to deal with Gyarados after a DD besides from abusing Iron Head flinch (and good luck with that). Yet you still need Fire Punch and Ice Punch on Jirachi for aforementioned threats. Suicune needs HP Electric, which would have to replace Calm Mind or Sleep Talk.

Or

Replace Lucario with this Zapdos:
Timid - Leftovers
252 SAtt, 176 Spd, 80 Hlth
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
HP Grass
Roost

It covers Scizor and Lucario. This means that Fire Punch is no longer needed on Jirachi. Jirachi can replace that with Thunderpunch to deal with the forementioned Gyarados threat (and most Gyarados don't have Earthquake, but if it did, your much more likely to be swapping into Waterfall or DD). And you still get to keep your precious Suicune set.

Salamance and Ttar are missing their 4 EVs in Hlth. (Salamance's should be in Def, not Hlth, as it means he takes an extra point of damage from SR)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)