My new UU team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is my 10th team for the new UU tier.Crobat and the other suspects (namely Raikou,Frosslass,Gallade,Abomasnow and Staraptor)got banned so I had to make a new team.I did and I got a pretty good win streak with my Charizard sweeping most teams.Enough said.Off to the team!

Team at a glance:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lead

Electrode @ Focus Sash
Ability: Static
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

~ThunderBolt
~Explosion
~Mirror Coat
~Taunt

Moveset:

Mirror Coat: Mirror Coat can score some surprise KOs.This Electrode can actually KO 2 Pokemon sometimes.One with Mirror Coat and one with Explosion.

Explosion: Explosion...nearly every Electrode has it.After a Screech
everything that doesn't resist it will faint.

Thunderbolt:I need a STAB move don't I? Well it is a reliable move
that deals some damage.

Taunt: The star of the moveset.With my speed I can Taunt everything
but scarfers and thus,block their attempts to set up SR and recover
off damage.

Evs: Max attack to boost Explosion's power.Max speed to outrun most things.

Summary: Focus Sash lets me survive at least 1 turn and explode on
something,starting things of.A good lead.

The Special Wall

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 148 HP/252 Def/6 Spd/104 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

~Surf
~Recover
~Hidden Power [Electric]
~Toxic

Moveset:

Surf: Surf is for STAB and coverage

Hidden Power [Electric]: HP-Electric is for other
Water types.

Toxic:Toxic to wear down walls and Pokemon that
have set up.

Recover: To Recover off damage,of course

EVs:Max def to take physical hits and some Hp/SDef.

The Physical Wall

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/120 Atk/138 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
~Earthquake
~Explosion
~ Stealth Rock
~Gyro Ball

Moveset:

Earthquake: The move I usually use.100 Base Power +STAB.It is a reliable move thst hits many Pokemon for SE damage.

Explosion: Helps me get out with a boom.Usually OHKOing.I use it when I'm sure that I'll get 2HKO'd.

Stealth Rock: The most common move in the DPP metagame.Negates sashes and deals some decent damage.

Gyro Ball: Another reliable move.Most Pokemon try to be fast, so a move that gets stronger the faster the enemy is, on a very slow Pokemon like Steelix is always good.It also gets STAB.

EVS: 252 HP is needed,since Steelix has many weaknesses.120 ATK to power up his moves and 138 sp.def because his Sp.Def sucks.

Summary: A valuable member of my team.Sets up SR and can beat many Pokemon thanks to his high defense.Explosion is a big add since it OHKOs lots of Pokemon.

The mixed sweeper

Charizard (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 60 Atk/198 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
~Fire Blast
~ Focus Punch
~Hidden Power [Grass]
~ Substitute

Moveset:

Fire Blast: This is Charizard's most powerful move. After Petaya Berry and Blaze it OHKOs most Pokemon in UU that don't resist it.

Focus Punch:Well Chansey will switch in to me immediately if I use a special move.Then she will probably try to T-Wave me.I'll use my Substitute and avoid it.The Focus Punch will deal massive damage,probably OHKOing.This is why I use Focus Punch.

Hidden Power [Grass]:For coverage.

Substitute: This allows me to activate Petaya Berry,Blaze and avoid status moves.The star of the set.

EVS: 198 speed generates 313 speed.More than enought to outspeed +Speed nature max speed base 90s and neutral base 100s.60 atk to power up Focus Punch. 252 Sp.Atk is standard.

Summary: This is the Charizard tha I invented.A very good mixed sweeper that has got me many wins.

The Special Sweeper

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~ Air Slash
~ Earth Power
~ Seed Flare
~ Rest

Moveset

Air Slash: For coverage.

Earth Power: For coverage.

Seed Flare: For coverage and STAB.

Rest: This helps me restore the HP lost.If I switch I'll wake up thanks to Natural Cure.A pretty good move.

EVS: Standard for a special sweeper.

Summary: A good and powerful sweeper that can 2HKO most Pokemon that don't resist Seed Flare.

The Physical Sweeper

Feraligatr (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/14 Def/192 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ Dragon Dance
~ Return
~ Substitute
~ Waterfall

Moveset:

Dragon Dance: DD is there to boost my stats( obviously) and let me sweep.Couldn't think of a better explanation.

Return: Return is for coverage.Water+Normal is nearly unresisted.

Substitute: This let's me avoid status moves and activate Liechi Berry.

Waterfall: For STAB and coverage.

EVS: 252 atk is standard.52 HP cuz I need some bulk and 12 in defense is random.192 speed is pretty good in my opinion.

Summary: My physical sweeper.Can take some hits and DD up,making him a deadly sweeper.A pretty good late game sweeper.
Credit to Imran for this set/Evs and to arkeis.com for the images.

Well,that was my team.Please rate it,tell what you think of it and correct me if I wrote something wrong .

I'm currently working on a threat list but if you have one please send it to me since I don't have that much free time.

Sorry that it's been like a week, but I finally got round to this! EVen if you don't want it, it will help to keep my UU skills in shape, so whatever, I will rate it for you.

My initial thoughts are to get rid of Charizard, and I will explain why. I initially decided you needed a Rapid Spinner, as Sub + Stealth Rock with Charizard is simply a no-go, and so many people like to get Stealth Rock up early, and he will just not function. You also have a large Sub CM Migmagius probalem, as it can set up on everything bar Feraligatr, who loses if it tries to revenge kill later. My initial thoughts were something like a Specially Defensive Hitmontop would work, as it would beat Mismagius, Spin and keep Clefable in check, but the difficult question is where to put it. It is hard to eliminate anything for Hitmontop without leaving yourself a little more open to something else. If you really want to go down this route then I would suggest it over Shaymin. The reason that this may not be such a good idea, it that Charizard will still be hard to manage, and Hitmontop is only really a half arsed check to Mismagius. I fell you would be better off taking this second course of action:

You need a fighting type to replace Charizard with, it is not like you have a large problem with Clefable if you can continually force it out with a fighting type. Steelix can Explode, Shaymin powers through it etc... so forcing it out and providing a decent check to Mismagius may well be essential. Checking Mismagius means that a Scarf will be essential (and adds some useful Speed and checking ability), so what can we find? I think Scarf Blaziken could be useful here, as it has two useful STABs, but I think my main suggestion is going to be to add a Scarf Primape:

Primape @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature / Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Ice Punch
~ Punishment
~ Close Combat
~ U-turn

Vital Spirit and U-tun is really good for switchin in to Scarf Roserade Sleep Poweders and then U-turning on the obvious switch out, letting you grab the momentum. Punishment covers Mismagius nicely and Ice Punch covers Flying types and Altaria, you can run Stone Edge there if you wish, for more power, but that is your choice really. Close Combat it an obvious powerful STAB.

Try this out, sorry that I don't have time to post more at this point, I have a few more ideas brewing, but test this out first, see how it works and we will roll form there. Don;t forget to tell me how testing this went! Best of Luck!

Well,Primeape sure would do good,it's an awesome revenge killer.And yeah,Charizard does not work nowadays.Actually,it will never work so good,since SR does it 50% damage.

I also noticed a Mismagius weakness, so I made a new team and made it to the leaderboard.

So I DON'T really need anymore ratings.I will PM Tay and tell him to close this thread.I will post my other team if I make it to at least #10.

Anyway thanks for rating :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)