Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide

Leading with a Regirock isn't something I like to typically do, as I usually like to lead with a decent NU spiker. (I would rather lead with Garbodor to be completely fair) But nevertheless, this guy works out fine to pop off a Stealth Rock, and get in a solid early paralysis status as well.

Swellow (F) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Facade
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn

This is a pretty typical moveset for Swellow. A lot of people like to throw quick attack in there when you're in a pinch, but I prefer not to here. This is meant to be a facade sweeper, and U-Turn makes a great escape plan if you're put up against any emergency threats. If Swellow fails to do the trick right, then I bring you down to Torkoal.

Torkoal (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Timid Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [grass]
- Earth Power

Usually I would be using a Torkoal as a rapid spin user, but in this case I took a different approach at instead making him a Shell Smash sweeper. Haivng access to firs, grass, and ground gives him some rather nice coverage with shell smash boosting that crippling speed. An alternative would be making him more of a wall, giving him rapid spin and toxic.

Kadabra @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [fighting]
- Calm Mind

The thing I've always loved about this family of Pokemon is their speed with their special attack being great. This set for Kadabra doesn't really give him the greatest defense against bug types, but with a use of calm mind and psychock, they shouldn't 'bug' you too much anymore (Excuse the pun) I typically see Duosion used overtop of Kadabra, and to be fair, I don't always like taking a turn to get off a trick room.

Golurk @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rock Polish
- Shadow Punch

This is what I would like to call the Power House of the team. His speed can be a bit of an issue, but never fear; rock polish is here. I'd say that he only needs to use it once, and congrats, you've got a hard hitter. The one change to this that I was considering is replacing shadow punch with dynamicpunch. Reason being, while yes, shadow punch gives him that ghost/psychic coverage he needs, I prefer to have the more powerful fighting type move that makes quick work of ice types and dark types.

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/ 144 SDef/ 112 Def
Careful Nature (+SDef,-SAtk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Tail

And finally, we have Lickilicky, the nice wall. A quick switch out to heal your team should be no problem because he's very good at absorbing hits. Besides, if he does get hit he can just Wish and Protect. He originally had toxic instead of dragon tail, but then when I was testing it out, I realized that a lot of people were very prone to using taunt on him, so I put in dragon tail to smack those annoying buggers out and give me something different to work with.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nice to see you back with a more effective team! I see what you are doing with your team, so I will try and bring out as much potential as possible.

Regirock should have its Special Defense EVs into Attack in order to improve its damage potential. Regirock already has great physical bulk, while even with investment it doesn't take most special attacks unless it is coming from something average in power. The higher power level gives you the most recovery from Drain Punch, which helps make up for the lower bulk.

Since you are terribly weak to Water-types (especially Gorebyss, Samurott and Ludicolo), you should definitely reconsider Kadabra. Without Focus Sash, it is pretty easy to defeat (and loses its revenge killing potential). To handle weather sweepers better, Gardevoir would make an exceptional replacement. WIth Trace, you outspeed the most common special Rain sweepers; you also have more overall initial power. I think Life Orb would be the best set so that you also gain the useful Destiny Bond to deal with stuff like Skuntank that can annoy Golurk and your other team members. Then again, without a dedicated revenge killer, a Choice Scarf set would also be exceptionally useful for you. I guess the choice will depend on how often you wish for a revenge killer.

Lickilicky NEEDS to have 252 HP / 252 SDef with a Careful Nature. No question about it. Without that spread, it can no longer handle Rain sweepers or Gorebyss at +2 at all. Dragon Tail is pretty weak and fails to break Subs, so Body Slam is the more useful move overall. While the phazing is incredibly useful, your team lacks the hazards to really take advantage of it; the paralysis chance also benefits your rather slow team a lot more.

For Torkoal, I think replacing HP Grass with Rapid Spin is much more helpful for you overall. The entire point of Shell Smash Torkoal is to be able to break through Ghosts and get a Spin off. It is way too slow to be a sweeper, and you lose most of its bulk so you can't rely on it for too long. That reminds me, move those Special Defense EVs to Speed because you absolutely need to outspeed Scarf Rotom-A at +2 as well as stuff like Golem before a Smash. Then move those HP EVs to Special Attack because the entire point to to break Ghosts in a hit.

Changes:

Regirock: Attack>SDef
Gardevoir>Kadabra
Lickilicky: SDef>Mixed
Torkoal: Rapid Spin + Speed>HP Grass+pointless bulk

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam

Torkoal (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Fire Blast
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power

Gardevoir @ Life Orb
Trait: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature/Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
- Trick/Destiny Bond

your team is really susceptible to water-types; use 252 hp / 252 sdef on lickilicky so that you aren't 2HKO'd by specially-based swift swim sweepers under rain.

i would also replace torkoal; if you're not using it as an offensive rapid spin user, there is hardly a reason to use it at all (hidden power grass doesn't even give it significant coverage). i would use choice scarf rotom-s to give an additional check to sawk, but also a reliable answer to +2 carracosta or samurott since they threaten a huge majority of your team otherwise. +2 carracosta can outspeed and KO almost everything, while both samurott and carracosta are hard to handle when they have aqua jet to threaten your faster, but frailer pokemon.

also, is there a reason to use max sdef on regirock? unless you can point out specific threats that you absolutely need that regirock spread to handle, you might as well go for 252 hp / 252 atk adamant regirock so that it can have great damage output while still being fairly bulky.

swellow needs to use a jolly nature so that it won't be outpaced by zebstrika and floatzel. i would also ask you to reconsider quick attack over protect; you have absolutely no priority on your team, and rotom-s would be your only choice scarf user should you use it. using quick attack on swellow also wouldn't be a bad idea because volt switch from rotom-s can help you get your orb activated. that's totally up to you though.

finally, kadabra should have signal beam and hidden power ground over shadow ball and hidden power fighting. yes, you do not carry a super effective attack against ghost-types if you do this. however, most of them do not appreciate kadabra's STAB attack anyway, and having hidden power ground is important so that you can actually have a chance at a 2HKO against skuntank if you can hit it on the switch instead of getting completely trapped.

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Trick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)