Ninjask (M) @ Petaya Berry ** ZoomZoomZoom
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Silver Wind
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Pretty sure we know what he does. Silverwind is to hit stuff like Celery hard.

Houndoom (M) @ Leftovers ** Hell Hound
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 SAtk / 40 SDef
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp

I needed something to change the weather, so Jask wasn't hammered by Ttar. As well, he usually beats most waters, since I can Sunny Day and survive the surf. Having both WoW AND Sunny Day confuses Pert.

Exploud (M) @ Leftovers ** Fog Horn
Trait: Soundproof
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spd / 68 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

My first choice to BP to. Double-Edge for the extra power, and with 104 base HP, he can take the recoil. Flamethrower deals with Skarm and BBQ's Forry. My prediction skills are up to par, and you'd be surprised how many Skarms I can setup on. I sub, they bring him in. I Swords Dance, and they sub. Then I BP to this guy, and it's pretty much GG from there.

Nidoking (M) @ Leftovers ** Brute
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Taunt

Low speed since he reaches 412 speed with just a +2 boost. Taunt takes of phazing attempts. Those moves are specially chosen to deal with certain threats. Ice Beam OHKOs Dragons, EQ is a general all-purpose move, and Hr0n takes care of the Celery and the like.

Octillery (M) @ Leftovers ** Doc-Oc
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 Spd / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf

My 3rd choice to BP to. With +2 speed, he reaches 320, which outspeed enough. Sludge Bomb is there to deal with Blissey a bit better.

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers ** Spike
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Torment

Physical wall, spinner, and spiker. Torment is there to give me opening to switch to Jask.

Well, that's my team. It lacks any real walls(outside of Cloyster), and more or less soley relies on Baton Pass to get the job done. Last-ditch-effort victories are pretty common with this team.

Err...isn't Exploud immune to Roar?
Anyway, shouldn't Houndoom be Timid since you don't use physical attacks anyway? On a fragile creature like Houndoom every bit of defense counts.

What difference does it make with Exploud, Ninjask isn't getting a boost, Exploud isn't sweeping anything. And if you want to be technical, Whirlwind scoops out Exploud, so even if you did get off an SD, no duece.

Angel Diva: Right, I should. I orginally had something physical on him.

Aeroblacktyl: >_> I meant I sub, they go to Skarm, I swords dance, they sub, I BP. Also, if they Whirlwind Exploud oout, I just BP to Octillery next time around.

Anyways, plenty of Skarm still run Roar. So the tactic works enough to still be useful.

Why would they sub and not roar/ww on the SD? Most people use Whirlwind nowadays anyway.
And this team doesn't really have an special resist. SubDos, and Raikou to a lesser extent rapes it. And Ninjask isn't really going to pull off a second BP if the first fails. With the exception of Houndoom maybe, the rest of your team cannot take on the OU standard on their own.

You seem to think that +2 speed Octillery or Nidoking would sweep. I really only see one very frail speed pass chain. There is no BP in this team.

Why would they sub and not roar/ww on the SD? Most people use Whirlwind nowadays anyway.
And this team doesn't really have an special resist. SubDos, and Raikou to a lesser extent rapes it. And Ninjask isn't really going to pull off a second BP if the first fails. With the exception of Houndoom maybe, the rest of your team cannot take on the OU standard on their own.
Why would they sub? Well, to so they have to predict as much. If I go to maggy, they can roar. If I stay in, they can spike. in any case, the point is that the stagety works often.

I know I lack special resists. I fully stated so in the first post.

And I have been using teams like this since I started playing netbattle. I can easily get Jask in a 2nd time.

Now, if you are not going to make suggestions, and just go "w3ll ur teem sux hear, their, and they're", stop posting in this topic. The criticism is near pointless unless you offer suggestions. It makes you unitelligent.

You seem to think that +2 speed Octillery or Nidoking would sweep. I really only see one very frail speed pass chain. There is no BP in this team.
Ninjask has Swords Dance and a Peteya Berry. I don't "seem to think", I "know" that it can sweep. As I said earlier, BP teams have been a main staple for me since I started NB.

And to you as well: Either give suggestions with your criticism, or give your fingers a rest.

Now please, will more than just one person *cough* Angel Diva *cough* give real suggestions instead of pointless nitpicking?

Well if it wasn't clear enough, I was telling you to get a special resist when I said that you lack one. Since you want suggestions, I'd say that Snorlax will do well as it also can receive SD boosts from Jask.

Your idea of Houndoom using Sunny Day is a unpractical one. It's frail and is OHKO'd by virtually any SE attack. Say it comes in on Skarmory, and Sunny Day when the opponent switches to Blissey. What can it do when ttar comes out again and activates Sand Stream?

Why would they sub? Well, to so they have to predict as much. If I go to maggy, they can roar. If I stay in, they can spike. in any case, the point is that the stagety works often.
In that case, why would they not just roar in the first place. That scouts out any incoming Magnetons, and at the same time if you decide to stat-up, eliminate the possible threat.

Your above post is also sort of contradictory. Yes, you can technically get Jask in a second time. But what is it going to do, exactly. You cannot sub, and virtually any attack will wipe you out. Well if you say that you will not sub down to Petaya the first time, Nidoking/Exploud isn't really going to counter Skarm.

And if you want a real suggestion, ditch this team and
1) Get a BP team/chain that actually complement each other (See Mekkah's thread)
2) Forget about BP and just go standard

If you don't want "pointless nitpicking", don't post an RMT in the first place.

im going to back up natch here, and argue that the team works better than it seems on paper.

the main main thing about it, is that isn't normal, and it would take 30 moves at least before the opponent isnt feeling unsettled from seeing octillery, nidoking, and exploud.

sometimes, to keep the game fun, people will substitute standards for lesser used pokes. and much of the time, its not even that detrimental since people dont know what to expect, or arent prepared for these weird tactics. accept the team as one thats more fun than practical, and made for a winning streak (though it is quite successful), and give advice which would keep it random and surprising, regardless of weaknesses, opposed to making a standard OU team.

people say they're tired about all the OU crap running around, and then rag on innovative teams and ideas saying they don't work. obviously the most effective strategies have all been plumbed several years into the metagame, so why do people cry when someone suggests something that doesn't fit the established mould.

this topic isn't arguing that the team is one which is made for tournaments and competition, but is just throwing out ideas. help by acknowledging this isnt a bog standard RMT, and throw out some ideas which are similarly weird.

Natch:
keeping with the sunction cup thing, you could consider cradily, im sure u could make up some funky moveset to work with. if you wanted to be more standard and throw out innovation for boredom, snorlax could work, and you could always make some obscure moveset to keep up the surprise. that way, although your team isnt made for stalling games, it could contest them for longer to get that chance to sweep. and mayhaps vappy over cloyster, since it would wall the same things, and would help out with wish. the team isnt really made for long games anyway, so rapid spin seems a little frivolous imo. though then again, im not really seeing jask being able to get that wish from vappy, seeing as he'll be facing t-bolts and what not.

im going to back up natch here, and argue that the team works better than it seems on paper.

the main main thing about it, is that isn't normal, and it would take 30 moves at least before the opponent isnt feeling unsettled from seeing octillery, nidoking, and exploud.

sometimes, to keep the game fun, people will substitute standards for lesser used pokes. and much of the time, its not even that detrimental since people dont know what to expect, or arent prepared for these weird tactics. accept the team as one thats more fun than practical, and made for a winning streak (though it is quite successful), and give advice which would keep it random and surprising, regardless of weaknesses, opposed to making a standard OU team.

people say they're tired about all the OU crap running around, and then rag on innovative teams and ideas saying they don't work. obviously the most effective strategies have all been plumbed several years into the metagame, so why do people cry when someone suggests something that doesn't fit the established mould.

this topic isn't arguing that the team is one which is made for tournaments and competition, but is just throwing out ideas. help by acknowledging this isnt a bog standard RMT, and throw out some ideas which are similarly weird.

Natch:
keeping with the sunction cup thing, you could consider cradily, im sure u could make up some funky moveset to work with. if you wanted to be more standard and throw out innovation for boredom, snorlax could work, and you could always make some obscure moveset to keep up the surprise. that way, although your team isnt made for stalling games, it could contest them for longer to get that chance to sweep. and mayhaps vappy over cloyster, since it would wall the same things, and would help out with wish. the team isnt really made for long games anyway, so rapid spin seems a little frivolous imo. though then again, im not really seeing jask being able to get that wish from vappy, seeing as he'll be facing t-bolts and what not.

Good idea. I think I'll use Cradily.

And Vappy would be welcome. He was on the very first team I ever made(which won me a suprising number of battles) so I know how to use him.

And to help with Wishes, I'll just do some subpassing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)