EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Role:Small stall and dealing with steel or fairy type enemies

Salazzle is one of my favourite pokemons in this team. She has her uses like substitute protect stall combined with bulu grassy terrain self sustain is quite high. Sludge bomb is there to bring down most fairy type threats like tapu bulu and with high speed she outspeeds most tapus except koko unless webs are down on koko. Flamethrower handles steel types like skarmory and kartana which kartana cant do much on my little lizard girl, also having her for ferrothorn makes fun. She 2 OHKO with her flame thrower annoying pokemons like landorus-t or gliscor.

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Role: revenge killer

This girl is self explanatory mostly but lets explain reason picking her: She has outstanding speed which is one of important parts of her. Ice punch helps deal with landorus-t and grass type pokemons like serperior and can outspeedgreninja to highjump kick. Fake out is good to flinch opponent as long as psychic terrain is not up. Lopunny is one of two meta pokemons i use in this team (unlessbulu is not meta)

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

role: greninja counter and helping team survive earthquake

Ground type moves mostly has been weakness for my team at beginning of testings so icame up idea use bulu.This pokemon is good greninja and keldeo check even survives greninja ice beam but also has good potential deal with mix set magearna. Super power can be surprising to enemies who uses tyranitar or mega mawileas with bulk up bulu can tank some of their moves. Synthesis might be out of place due horn leech but i decided put synthesis in so i have two ways to recover and i dont use my horn leech all PPsin it.

another reason why bulk up buluhas been good to me: due making it specially defensive bulky pokemon i can also tank some of.... fire type physical moves like fire punches and flare blitches even poison jab to some extend if i have been given enoughtime to go max bulk up.

Hydreigon @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 SpA / 32 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Defog

Role: Ash-gren, tran,reun and blace counter + getting rid of hazards

I needed somekind earth quake check but also something to deal with mega alakazam. Hydreigon pick was one of most interesting ones i have done,it might be a bit out of place but anyways: Reuniclus, heatran and ash-gren check but deals with blace aswell, this pokemon shines nicely(unless ice beam greninja is against me.). I chose defog over roost so i can deal with hazards that many teams are using making it easier for me to have switch in.

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Magic Coat
- Toxic
- Sticky Web

Role: slowing enemy team for own team gain advantages against enemy + helping break the speed tie.

Araquanid is also a bit wierd pick for me but sticky webs helps my lopunny outspeed enemy lopunny that has been slowed by it. Liquidation is useful as this pokemon is mostly my lead pick and i can surprise lando-t that uses defog or just general uses. Magic Coat helps me deal with prankster sableye and will-o-wisp rotom-W. Generally it has not much uses. Toxic is self explanatorylike those stall pokemons or pokemons that boost up their stats, this helps weakening them and making much easier to kill most of them.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Brick Break

Role: Toxapex killer and messing up Ttar switch.

I needed something to deal with toxapex as toxa was and is still abit problematic for me. Brick break is my stab move to counter Tyranitar switch in and can surprisingly just kill it one go when it comes field. As tyranitars are knownfrom their pursuit move. Using choise band my victini has nice strenght but downside is that once i have done one move im locked to it so sacrificing victini is much easier once there is not much it can do later on.

team biggest weaknesses so far been Toxapex (with victininot that much problem but still some), Volcarona is huge one that messes me up hard due its quiverdance and having z move that kills almost every one of team members and couple others i cant remember their names.

If explanations are unclear feel free ask questions and i will answer them as best as i can or are not long enough: i will add more description if needed.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Your team member choices are rather odd, so we've got some stuff to cover :)

Salazzle:
Okay, I won't get rid of this as it seems to be a favourite of yours. However, the set isn't very good; it doesn't even take advantage of your signature ability. Also:
kartana cant do much on my little lizard girl
Uhh Kartana's Sacred Sword (Its most common coverage move) still OHKO's your little lizard girl, so its best you have other methods of dealing with the paper samurai. If you want to use a stall set, I'd take advantage of Corrosion:

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Flamethrower / Sludge Wave
- Substitute

Toxic bops steels like Tran and Mag, and lets you beat Mega Venu, who your team struggles against. Sub is so Chansey doesn't paralyze you, and so you live the Sacred Sword from Kartana, and hit it with Flamethrower (which I recommend in this slot. Protect basically every other turn to scout moves like U-turn from Landorus, and rack up Toxic Damage. And there ya go; unexpected annoying sexy lizard.

Loppuny -> Medicham
Look, I know you like Lopunny for its blazing speed, but this is webs, and with webs you really don't need that speed. Medicham hits way harder, and also eases the Toxapex matchup for you. I guess you can keep Bunny if you want to beat stuff like Volcarona at +1, but your team has Salazzle to beat that, so I don't think It's necessary.
Set below:

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Fake out on stuff like Koko and Ash Gren. HJK for basically everything that doesn't resist, although be careful against ghosts and Protect users.
Ice punch to bop Landos and Gliscors, and Zen Headbutt against Poisons like M-Venu and Pex.

Tapu Bulu:
Cool set, nice to see more setup Bulu's these days. Only suggestion is Synthesis to Stone Edge (optional), so you don't lose to virtually every flying type in the tier not named Gliscor. And that's it.

Hydreigon:
Did you know that its two side heads are arms? According to its dex entries they have no brains and are merely tools of destruction. I like Hydreigon.

*nom nom

Cool set, you could change Flash Cannon to Flamethrower since you already have Salazzle to deal with most Fairies, because you have a great Anti lead here; killing Heatran, Ferro and Scizor seems like a big win to me. Roost is another option as well, since Defogging gets rid of your hard earned webs. Also, what does Darkinium KO? What's it there for?

Araquanid: ok

Victini: fine i guess

some random dude who just rated your team said:
Good luck with the team!

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Magic Coat
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
Instead of Araquanid I think you should use

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Hmmm... Your team member choices are rather odd, so we've got some stuff to cover :)

Salazzle:
Okay, I won't get rid of this as it seems to be a favourite of yours. However, the set isn't very good; it doesn't even take advantage of your signature ability. Also:

Uhh Kartana's Sacred Sword (Its most common coverage move) still OHKO's your little lizard girl, so its best you have other methods of dealing with the paper samurai. If you want to use a stall set, I'd take advantage of Corrosion:

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Flamethrower / Sludge Wave
- Substitute

Toxic bops steels like Tran and Mag, and lets you beat Mega Venu, who your team struggles against. Sub is so Chansey doesn't paralyze you, and so you live the Sacred Sword from Kartana, and hit it with Flamethrower (which I recommend in this slot. Protect basically every other turn to scout moves like U-turn from Landorus, and rack up Toxic Damage. And there ya go; unexpected annoying sexy lizard.

Loppuny -> Medicham
Look, I know you like Lopunny for its blazing speed, but this is webs, and with webs you really don't need that speed. Medicham hits way harder, and also eases the Toxapex matchup for you. I guess you can keep Bunny if you want to beat stuff like Volcarona at +1, but your team has Salazzle to beat that, so I don't think It's necessary.
Set below:

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Fake out on stuff like Koko and Ash Gren. HJK for basically everything that doesn't resist, although be careful against ghosts and Protect users.
Ice punch to bop Landos and Gliscors, and Zen Headbutt against Poisons like M-Venu and Pex.

Tapu Bulu:
Cool set, nice to see more setup Bulu's these days. Only suggestion is Synthesis to Stone Edge (optional), so you don't lose to virtually every flying type in the tier not named Gliscor. And that's it.

Hydreigon:
Did you know that its two side heads are arms? According to its dex entries they have no brains and are merely tools of destruction. I like Hydreigon.

*nom nom

Cool set, you could change Flash Cannon to Flamethrower since you already have Salazzle to deal with most Fairies, because you have a great Anti lead here; killing Heatran, Ferro and Scizor seems like a big win to me. Roost is another option as well, since Defogging gets rid of your hard earned webs. Also, what does Darkinium KO? What's it there for?

Araquanid: ok

Victini: fine i guess
I think i could switch synthesis into stone edge as then it would handle better threat of volcarona. Gonna try that out.

Salazzle is there only optional and is rolling around. And you actually are wrong about kartana ohkoing my lizard: as salazzle has resist for fighting type move which lets me use SW and FT. But if i put toxic instead of toxic and flamethrower for her: then i need something to deal with fairies so flash cannon kinda is necessary. Gnna try toxic FT salazzle. but this also weakens my chanses beat tapus which can be a bit problem i guess.

Hydreigon Darkinium KOs pokemons like enemy victini,jirachi,alakazam and ghost types easier like blace and gengar.

But gonna try out all changes you suggest and see how it goes :).

OH RIGHT
as salazzle has resist for fighting type
Completely forgot.

Instead of Araquanid I think you should use Excadrill

Uhh dude this is webs. He needs Araquanid for his team to outspeed stuff like Zam and Ash Gren.

Also OP, have you tried Bisharp? His high attack makes him a strong physical sweeper, and his middling speed is quite well patched up by webs. Moreover, he has sucker punch to bop faster stuff like Excadrill (in sand), so he functions well out of sand. He could replace Bulu (if you feel like switching it). Finally, (and most importantly), he halts defoggers by getting to +2 against them, easily destroying threats like Washtom and Tornadus. The aforementioned defoggers are immune to webs, so Bisharp getting rid of them is a huge win. Set Below

Bishop (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Use this instead of shuckle araquanid to keep momentum and keep the stealth rocks/sticky webs that your team could definitely benefit from.
Shuckle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Infestation
- Toxic
Sturdy lets shuckle get off rocks or webs and custap berry to move first after you proc sturdy. Its a bit unorthodox, but does indeed get the job done
YOU WANT HIM TO GO TO 1 HP ASAP NOT TANK A HIT

Use this instead of shuckle araquanid to keep momentum and keep the stealth rocks/sticky webs that your team could definitely benefit from.
Shuckle @ Custap Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Infestation
- Toxic
Sturdy lets shuckle get off rocks or webs and custap berry to move first after you proc sturdy. Its a bit unorthodox, but does indeed get the job done
YOU WANT HIM TO GO TO 1 HP ASAP NOT TANK A HIT
Shuckle is completely unviable.
It's basically impossible to keep hazards up as you typically sack it after you set up Webs and SR

Shuckle is completely unviable.
It's basically impossible to keep hazards up as you typically sack it after you set up Webs and SR
Well I don't know how you play Shuckle, because he boasts excellent longevity:

Koopa Troopa (Shuckle) @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock / Encore
- Sticky Web
- Rest
- Heatran / Infestation

Try to capture something passive on the switch, like a Heatran. Watch as they uselessly set up rocks while you Rest their Toxic's and Plumes off. Does great vs. stall, as Status leaves it relatively unfazed. Meanwhile watch as Quagsire hopelessly recovers, and Shuckle casually wriggles in its berry blender shell.

No but seriously, just catch something weak that you can beat, DON'T set up webs on it; eliminate the rocker, defog, then its free real estate.

Well I don't know how you play Shuckle, because he boasts excellent longevity:

Koopa Troopa (Shuckle) @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock / Encore
- Sticky Web
- Rest
- Heatran / Infestation

Try to capture something passive on the switch, like a Heatran. Watch as they uselessly set up rocks while you Rest their Toxic's and Plumes off. Does great vs. stall, as Status leaves it relatively unfazed. Meanwhile watch as Quagsire hopelessly recovers, and Shuckle casually wriggles in its berry blender shell.

No but seriously, just catch something weak that you can beat, DON'T set up webs on it; eliminate the rocker, defog, then its free real estate.
How the hell is heatran a move.
Besides even with those huge donkey defenses, 20 HP is abysmal and boasts terrible longevity as toxic will shut it down immediately.
And how does status leave it unfazed as I said Toxic cripples it.
Quagsire isn't even that common in OU.

How the hell is heatran a move.
Oop i meant Toxic

toxic will shut it down immediately.
Yeah it's not like I put rest on that set or anything - I literally put it in my post:

while you Rest their Toxic's and Plumes off.
Quagsire isn't even that common in OU.
As of now it has risen from PU to UU in a mere 2 weeks. In fact stall in itself is becoming more common. Regardless Heatran and Defensive Lando are the types of things I'm talking about.

Blacephalon! Come back!
*animation
Go! Heatran!
Shuckle used...
Heatran!
It's super Effective!
Heatran fainted!
- Shuckle's Monster Destruction -
* Shuckle's stats rose drastically!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)