My OU team

Out of 10, how would u rate my team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:toast:I posted this on serebii, but actually didnt get help, almost a week i posted, and no replys, so idecided to C/P from there, to see if i get competent rating and help.:toast:

I present u the team at a glance:

Now u must b imagining that this little team is just made of 6 random pokemons using salamence and metagross but it isnt, so i must explain every small detail about the team:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Careful
252HP 232SpDef 24 Def
SR
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball

This pokemon role is easy to understand, but i must explain further; this set is similar to one i used to use when i was less experienced as a battler, and made wonders in most battles, it made me win impossible battles, but now i took a similar and more experienced wayto make it more efective, SR is an atack that will help alot pokemons like Gengar, but majorly against some threads like togekiss and snorlax, so my salamence can take them down easily.
Rapid Spinnin is to help my salamence not be KOed too quicky, also my infernape, and gyro ball is not to make him useless, he must SR ASAP, then start to spike until he have to switch out, hopefully gyro ball will help against things like aerodactyl.
The evs and nature a somewhat specific to counter the uprising number of flamethrower/fire blast infernapes as leads, and the defese evs are to never forget def.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
252Speed 16Atk 240SpAtk
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Flamethrower
EQ

Again a mixmence, i like this guy alot, he always gets me an advantage, unless it gets countered, otherwise, its a beast, usually its to use a draco meteor or flamethrower, and then luch outrages like a crazy to my oponent, unless im against a snorlax, and a few more, but mainly snorlax, its much better to start off with outrage, and the Draco meteor, since almost everyone of them carry curse in their movesets, wich after a draco meteor, my outrage is weaker too, then they rest im im out, wich makes me get crazy.
Again with the moveset, u might prefer fire blast, but i prefer accuracy over power, since the diference isnt that big, and the threats it KOs quiclier arent that big, and missing atacks isnt a choice.
The EV's are focused on SpAtk, so that his stat can pair the atack stat, making 2 good stats, since flamethrower, and draco meteor will be my main atacks, but after a draco meteor, its necesary to use outrage/eq.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant
252HP 252Atk 4Def
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Explosion
EQ

Well this metagross was actually gonna hold a choice band, and istead of BP it would have an elemental punch, but then i realized that having him banded wouldnt be a good idea for my team, so he came out, meteor mash as my main atack, EQ for a big, very big coverage, specially against heatran or other fire type that arent too fast, or ground type, BP is when i need to finish quicly an oponent, and explosion, when i realize there is no hope, bum! explode!
The EVs are to obviously increase atack at max, and hp to survive, since it isnt that good.

Infernape @ Life orb
Naive
252Speed 192SpAtk 64Atk
Close combat
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
HP Ice

This particular EV spread is to outspeed any other infernape, wich can be taken out with one close combat i think, tell me if im wrong, but as coverage, it helps my teammates in every aspect, flamethrower, is the same than salamence, over fire blast since i consider it much better, close combat was the best option, grass knot and HP ice for bigger coverage specially against swampert and dragons.
I already explained the EV spread above, but atk is to make only close combat much much better and spatk, well to help every other atack.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
252Def 188HP 68SpAtk
Ice Beam
Surf
Wish
Protect

This vaporeon, a wish supporter, it will help my other pokemons, since 2 will be holding a life orb, and both are weak to a stealth rock i couldnt avoid with my forretress, since he can help alot, also he is quite strong with that enormous base special atack, so he can handle anyting left or just at the end of a battle.
The EV spread, well i decided to run spatk over speed in the normal set, because there arent so many things to outspeed with that bonus speed.

Gengar @ Choice scarf
Timid
252SpAtk 252Speed 4HP
Shadow ball
Thunderbolt
Focus blast
Trick

A choice specs gengar, i had to put him on tis team, just because i found i was weak against many psychic types pokemons, the only type i wasnt covering by then, so he was the best options, i decided to go with specs, because i just found out the strenght of this items, trick is to trick some pokemons, and an item switch will benefit me alot.
Shadow ball, as the main atack as an exelent STAB move, thunderbolt as coverage, focus blast is the same.
The EV spread is really obvious, to make him as fast as possible, and SP atks to make him stronger.

This was my team, comment, rate, anything, thnx.

Img credit goes to arkeis.com

Blackhawk11

one on one
You appear to be weak to Dragon Dance Gyarados and Salamence.

Gyarados can easily set up on Vaporeon and Forretress (emphasis on easily). After one DD, it outspeeds your entire team, only having problems OHKOing Forretress, Vaporeon, who (as previously stated) are set up bait, and Metagross (who is forced to explode). I guess you could try some fancy Intimidate switching with Salamence, but if Stealth Rock is in play, that would be more detrimental than beneficial, considering Metagross will have trouble switching in. If Gyardos gets to +2, its gg.

Salamence can currently only set up on Forretress, but once it has set up its a much bigger threat to your team, considering its only problem is Vaporeon. Metagross can use Bullet Punch to end a sweep early, but Mence has to take some prior damage.

A fix here would be to put Hidden Power Electric on Vaporeon instead of Ice Beam, but that has the nasty side effect of losing coverage on Salamence. Gyarados is more popular than Salamence though >_>. You could also replace Protect, but then you don't get psuedo-instant healing. Surf could also go, but that would be alot worse because you would be losing your STAB attack, as well as a very good coverage move.

Another fix would be a lot less solid, but would not sacrifice coverage: changing SpecsGar to ScarfGar. This allows you to switch in on the first DD and OHKO with Thunderbolt, or revenge kill a +1 Gyara. Once Gyara (or Mence) gets to +2, it's still gg.

A big change would be to add Porygon2 over Vaporeon. It is a great (possibly the best) counter to both Gyara and Mence, and will still provide your team with a defensive pokemon, but you would lose a valuable bulky water. Here's the set if you're interested:

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Toxic

I think you should try putting Hidden Power Electric in place of Surf, Ice Beam, and Protect (one at a time obviously) on Vaporeon and see which one you prefer to lose. As well as changing Gengar to a ScarfGar. If you notice problems with Gyara/Mence, then try out Porygon2.

ty the scarfgar is a very good solution, i was very unsure with who go with while building the team, and when i realized its big strenght i decided to stay with it, and ive never let a gyara set up with this team, but thnx, the only problem about P-Z, is that actually my vaporeon main role is to cover the water type and wish support, wich P-Z cant cover any, so that my vappy is there, not just decoration xD.

ohh edit, ur talking about P-2, is there some important stat diferance between them?? because i think PZ is better...*checks* P2 is somewhat more bulky right??

This team is actually a fairly suitable standard one. With Salamence's intimidate and Metagross' explosion, Gyarados doesn't really stand much of a chance. If Protect hasn't been doing much for your Vaporeon, then she can opt for HP Elec over Protect, as seeing she's still fairly bulky and the combo of Ice Beam and HP Elec will really surprise Salamence that tends to like coming in and DD, totally unaware of Ice Beam.

Metagross might prefer going 252 HP/240 Atk/16 Spe, which offers the speed to outpace the standard opposing Lead Metagross who usually runs just 8 Spe, and some that runs 12 Spe to outrun the 8 Spe.

For now I wouldn't want to offer any other new changes or team member replacement, as that would structurally change the synergy too much. If you're having success using it, then stick with it.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Hello. You have a good team here, but ill give you some suggestions to make it work better.

First thing, on Forretress, run always Payback over Gyro Ball. Gyro Ball may sound appealing to hit things like Mence or TTar, but Payback is way better since more often than not, Rotoms will come in to try to wall your Rapid Spin, which is a good moment to use Payback and deal around 40% to them. Everything else looks fine, though you may want to add some more Defense, this is because most of the leads carry Physical moves more often than special ones.

On Salamence, Mixmence works nicely on this team, but I think the variant you should use is Classic Mixmence. Your team is pretty offensive and you will be relying on Mence taking some hits, which means Wish wont be enough to keep your mence up Late-game or possible even mid-game.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive | 4 Atk / 252 Spe / 252 SpA
Draco Meteor | Brick Break | Fire Blast | Roost

This set will let you take hits much better thanks to the recovery move Roost, which will let you stay alive much more time in the game and have more chances to hurt the opponent's team. Brick Break 2HKOs Blissey, Heatran and OHKOs Tyranitar. Fire Blast hits all the steels that arent hit hard by Brick Break like Metagross, Jirachi and Skarmory. EVs mean you will have a strong Draco Meteor and you dont really need attack that much, while Special attack is always useful. Max speed Naive means you hit 328 tieing with other +speed base 100s like Jirachi, non Scarf Flygon, and other Salamences, and lets you beat Lucarios and Gliscors.

Now your Metagross... im not really sure what it is. I dont know if its supposed to be a tank, a sweeper, a Counter to some pokes... it looks like you just slapped Metagross because you like it. Fortunately, theres a pokemon that can really help you over Metagross, and that pokemon is none other than the number 1 used OU, Scizor. Lets look at the set, both have Priority, Scizor has U-Turn which is an excellent move, can trap things like Latias and Rotom, and has Superpower which is a filler move, like Earthquake.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant | 248 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Spe
Bullet Punch | U-Turn | Superpower | Pursuit

This set will help you a lot, specially Mixape and Salamence. This thing will trap Gengar, Latias, Rotom, Starmie, and the list keeps going, thanks to Pursuit. With those things gone, Mixape can easily sweep most of an opponent team, since they usually rely on those to stop him, while mence now isnt afraid of being revenge killed by one of those. Bullet Punch will help you revenge DD Mence, DD Tyranitar, and those kind of set-uppers, which means Scarf Gengar isnt really as needed. U-Turn is an excellent scouting move that will let you hit most of the metagame for a lot of damage and also know more about an opponent's team. Superpower is a filler to hit Heatran, Magnezone, and other Scizors hard.

With Salamence at check, your Vaporeon can confidently run HP Electric to completely wall Gyarados, and also hit other water types pretty hard, like Vaporeon, Suicune, and such. Definitely keep protect there because without it Wish becomes really shaky recovery.

Now lastly, since you have Salamence at check, theres no need to use Gengar as a revenge killer, since you can easily use another revenge killer that does the work better than gengar. This is Rotom-H. Rotom-H is known as a good Revenge Killer thanks to a bunch of immunities, great resistances, and very few weaknesses, it also carries STAB Thunderbolt, something Gengar doesnt have. Resisting Scizor Bullet Punch is also a big boost, and not being OHKOd by a Gyarados is excellent too.

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Timid | 140 HP | 252 Spe | 120 SpA
Thunderbolt | Shadow Ball | Overheat | Trick

Max speed to beat most other Rotoms in a speed war, since it is very important to OHKO them before they touch you. The HP is to take BPs and Waterfalls better, and adds good bulk that Rotom likes to have. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt are excellent STAB moves that hit most of the metagame neutrally, and lets you revenge Gyarados, Gengar, Infernape, etc. Overheat is the filler move since it dispatches Lucarios, making this Rotom your Lucario counter on the team, and also OHKOs Scizor and some Metagross. Trick helps you against stall, since tricking a Scarf on Blissey could prove really bad for your opponent because now you can easily set-up layers on it with Forretress.

Thats basically everything I can tell you, good luck with your team.

thanxs, someone already told me about scizor, so i guess ill use him, a little problem i found with the rating is that i dont use shoddy, i prefer to use wifi, so rotom forms are no option to me, also, considering that, would it be wise to change gengar for someone else or let him like that?
anyway thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)