My possible video game showdown team...(My 1st RMT!!!)

So yeah, here's the team i planned! I hope it works, and constructive criticism is ALLOWED(although azelf cannot be changed, it has already been caught). This team is a sunny day team. Also, the rules are lvl 50 doubles, 4v4 pokemon, and item clause.

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
156 Atk / 244 SpA / 108 Spe
Mild
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My lead, along with weavile. Eruption is used to deal lots of damage at the start, and i think it works great with its partner...

--------------------------------------------------

Weavile@Heat Rock
Ability: Pressure
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly
-Fake Out
-Sunny Day
-Night Slash
-Protect/Ice Punch/?

Paired this with typhlosion. First weavile would use fake out, then set up sunny day later. With typhlosion, this completely destroys LV 1 smeargle+bronzong combo. Night slash for STAB, and the last move i still need help with.

---1st pair---
Now on to the....
---2nd pair---

Azelf@Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
132 Atk/132 SpA/244 Spe
Hasty
-Explosion
-Flamethrower
-Taunt
-Reflect

I chose azelf because it has really good attack and speed. Explosion is only for when it has set up reflect, dealt some damage with flamerthrower(which is boosted by sunny day), and taunt potentionally dangerous moves. This is paired with....

Spiritomb@Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Evs not decided on yet
Nature not decided on yet
-Shadow Ball/?
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
-Sucker Punch

Azelfs partner. Because it is part ghost, it obviously avoids any damage from explosion. This also serves as a wall, and will-o-wisp will cripple physical attackers. Shadow ball for a STAB move, pain split for recovery, and sucker punch for a physical move.

So this is my doubles team! Please rate, constructive criticism allowed! Although this is my first RMT, dont give me to much of a hard time please :)

Alright, I'm no expert on double battlers, but I'll give it a shot.

So for Typhlosion. Does Eruption hit everyone? If so, I'd change that, because it will hurt Weavile, a lot. What speed does your Typhlosion has with the Scarf? It could be modified if it doesn't outspeed anything significant.

Give Weavile Ice Punch.

Azelf doesn't need so much attack, even for Explosion. I'd also switch that for Psychic, just for STAB's sake.

Spiritomb should go with Pain Split / HP Fighting (if possible) / Shadow Ball / WoW, or Rest Talk / HP Fighting / Shadow Ball. It doesn't need both a special and physical move.

To be perfectly honest, any avid Doubles player could see your strategy from a mile away. It's generic and overused, but effective in the right hands. It's late right now, so please excuse any errors and me overlooking flaws.

For Typhlosion, ditch the Attack EVs (Earthquake is kinda pointless on your team) and put them somewhere useful such as speed. With that said, I would use a Speed boosting nature such as Timid. Like I said about the predictability, people WILL know what you're up to and attempt to diminish his HP as much as possible, thus reducing Eruption's power (which only hits the opponents, Rex). In fact, consider using Heat Wave instead if you're afraid of your strategy failing or you could save Typhlosion for later in the match.
*Trust me, I know what I'm talking about; I run a similar set on my Hail Team.

Don't expect Typhlosion to last very long in the game. He will instantly become the focus of firepower. With that said, I would give Weavile a Focus Sash instead of Heat Rock. Also, I would run Ice Punch for STAB and those pesky dragons that resist Typhlosion. Other than that he looks good.
*Noting on your comment: I don't think L1 Smeargle exist in a tournament such as that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Your Azelf looks more like a lead than a part of a back-up duo. Plus, Taunt is more useful for preventing Trick Room (and etc.) Rooms from setting up. And since Weavile is better off with Focus Sash and you must adhere to the Item Clause, why not give Azelf a Life Orb? More power and the loss of HP doesn't matter when you decide to Explode! lol. I'm not sure about the EVs/nature though...sorry.

I have no input on Spiritomb. I'm too tired. :/

But I do hope that I've helped. And good luck.

Alright, I'm no expert on double battlers, but I'll give it a shot.

So for Typhlosion. Does Eruption hit everyone? If so, I'd change that, because it will hurt Weavile, a lot. What speed does your Typhlosion has with the Scarf? It could be modified if it doesn't outspeed anything significant.

Give Weavile Ice Punch.

Azelf doesn't need so much attack, even for Explosion. I'd also switch that for Psychic, just for STAB's sake.

Spiritomb should go with Pain Split / HP Fighting (if possible) / Shadow Ball / WoW, or Rest Talk / HP Fighting / Shadow Ball. It doesn't need both a special and physical move.
Ok, ill be sure to change that.

To be perfectly honest, any avid Doubles player could see your strategy from a mile away. It's generic and overused, but effective in the right hands. It's late right now, so please excuse any errors and me overlooking flaws.

For Typhlosion, ditch the Attack EVs (Earthquake is kinda pointless on your team) and put them somewhere useful such as speed. With that said, I would use a Speed boosting nature such as Timid. Like I said about the predictability, people WILL know what you're up to and attempt to diminish his HP as much as possible, thus reducing Eruption's power (which only hits the opponents, Rex). In fact, consider using Heat Wave instead if you're afraid of your strategy failing or you could save Typhlosion for later in the match.
*Trust me, I know what I'm talking about; I run a similar set on my Hail Team.

Don't expect Typhlosion to last very long in the game. He will instantly become the focus of firepower. With that said, I would give Weavile a Focus Sash instead of Heat Rock. Also, I would run Ice Punch for STAB and those pesky dragons that resist Typhlosion. Other than that he looks good.
*Noting on your comment: I don't think L1 Smeargle exist in a tournament such as that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Your Azelf looks more like a lead than a part of a back-up duo. Plus, Taunt is more useful for preventing Trick Room (and etc.) Rooms from setting up. And since Weavile is better off with Focus Sash and you must adhere to the Item Clause, why not give Azelf a Life Orb? More power and the loss of HP doesn't matter when you decide to Explode! lol. I'm not sure about the EVs/nature though...sorry.

I have no input on Spiritomb. I'm too tired. :/

But I do hope that I've helped. And good luck.
Thanks, and LV 1 smeargle is showing up more in doubles now. Also, if a smeargle uses follow me, then the taunt you mentioned would be aimed towards smeargle, not bronzong, so i thought of using imprison, since that affects all opposing pokemon.

I guess L1 Smeargle are only for local battles? I don't know. Random PBR battles always evens out to level fifty.

I guess L1 Smeargle are only for local battles? I don't know. Random PBR battles always evens out to level fifty.
Well, they've been used along with bronzong to easily kill the opponents team. thats why i made this team-to counter it. Also, i cannot get typhlosion with heat wave because i do not have platinum.
Anyone else? Please rate!

EDIT: It's been over 24 hours, so I'm going to bump my thread :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)