SM OU My Singles Trick Room Team

Greetings Pokemon Trainers
It's been a while since I lasted posted a team here on Smogon Forums, the last team I posted was on 5th September and it was about Electric Seed Hitmonlee, anyway that is not what I am here to talk about, today I decided to post another team here and it is a pretty interesting Trick Room team that I came up with, if you guys have anything to say about the team, example improvements or thoughts about the team just make sure to post your reply, anyway let's get on with the team:

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Magic Coat

Now Cresselia here is a very good Trick Room setter, it has decent bulk, a good movepool and mostly gets up a guaranteed Trick Room, it also has the Levitate Ability which can really help Alolan Marowak from Landorus-T once Trick Room turns off. So as you can see, Cresselia gets completely shut down by Taunt and this is why I have Mental Herb as its Item, it has Moonlight to heal up, it has Lunar Dance to get a safe switch in on any Trick Room sweeper, and it also has Magic Coat which can bounce back any expected Taunt's, Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Toxic and any other expected Status. And now for the Nature and EV's, I have a Relaxed Nature and I have invested 252 in the Defense to have some good Physical bulk and to absorb a U-Turn from Landorus-T very well, I have 136 invested in Special Defense to add a bit of Special bulk and the rest in HP. And that is my Cresselia set, it can be used as a lead Trick Room setter or a late game Trick Room setter.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake

This thing here is one of the best and also one of my favourite Trick Room sweepers of all time, the Alolan Marowak. With that Thick Club doubling its Attack enables it to have insanely high Attack, making it become a very big threat and therefore has barely anything that can switch in on this monster. It has the Rock Head Ability to take off the Flare Blitz recoil and has a Brave Nature to make it faster in Trick Room and to give it the maximum Attack. Now for the Moves, it has its 2 Stab moves which are Flare Blitz and Shadow Bone, it has Earthquake for coverage against Toxapex and Heatran and it also has Swords Dance to boost its Attack even more. And that is pretty much all I can say about Alolan Marowak, great Trick Room sweeper overall.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power/Intimidate
Brave Nature
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Knock Off

At this point I needed a Mega on my team so I chose Mega Mawile, this Pokemon is also as insanely good as Alolan Marowak on Trick Room and they both function very similar since its Huge Power Ability has the same effect as Thick Club on Alolan Marowak. I am running the same Nature as Alolan Marowak and I don't need to specificly explain why, I have Intimidate as its regular Ability before Mega Evolution because that -1 Attack drop on the opponent is really good. Now for the Moves I am running Fire Fang which is great coverage for things like Ferrothorn and Scizor, I have Sucker Punch for Priority also useful for when Trick Room turns off, I have Power Up Punch to boost Attack as well as do damage, some people may prefer Swords Dance but I personally prefer Power Up Punch on Mega Mawile specifically, and my last Move is Knock Off, which helps do some good damage, good coverage and also takes off any held Item if any Pokemon switches in on it. Note: Incase you are wondering why it has no Stab moves like Iron Head or Play Rough, I just feel that the Stab isn't really necassary and it doesn't really provide much coverage since OU is full of Steel Types and whatnot, and Mega Mawile still hits insanely hard without Stab moves, so that's why.

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Magerana is also a really decent Trick Room Pokemon, it has great bulk, a good movepool and can also set up Trick Room for itself. So I am running Fightinium Z which is connected to Focus Blast because I needed a Z-Move so Z-Focus Blast Magearna seemed like a good idea since it can also take down things like Heatran, I have Quiet Nature which is a -Spe Nature with 252 Special Attack and HP and again I don't need to specificly explain why since you guys probably know why, and now for the Moves I have Trick Room to help Magearna set up its own Trick Room, I have Focus Blast for the Z-Move and it can hit Steel very hard, Fleur Cannon which is its hard hitting Stab Fairy Move and finally Thunderbolt which hits Toxapex hard because without Thunderbolt, Toxapex pretty much walls this Magearna. And so that's the Magearna set.

Tapu Bulu @ Iron Ball
Ability: Grassy Surge
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Now this here is where it gets interesting, the Iron Ball Tapu Bulu is something I doubt anyone has seen or even heard off. Recently I have been looking into the Item, Iron Ball and it really got my attention when it said that Speed gets halfed because that gave me some good Trick Room ideas and here it is right here. So let's get on with Tapu Bulu, so I am going to skip explaining the Nature and EV's because you guys probably know why I am running Brave with 252 Attack and HP with 0 Speed IV's. So Iron Ball gives Tapu Bulu a Speed of around 69.5 which is insanely slow and really makes good use of Trick Room. For the Moves I am running Swords Dance to boost, Horn Leech to heal up some HP and also for a good hard hitting Stab Move, I have Superpower to cover against Steel Types like Ferrothorn and I have Rock Slide to hit things like Charizard on the switch in or even Zapdos since Zapdos resists a lot of Bulu's attacks. Tapu Bulu's Grassy Surge Ability also helps the team members too since it helps them gain a bit of HP so that makes Tapu Bulu a very helpful member to the team and also boosts its Grass Stab.

Uxie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 216 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Memento
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Uxie is mostly my lead but I sometimes lead with Cresselia if I see Ferrothorns on the opponents team so I can Magic Coat their Stealth Rocks or Spikes back, Uxie is a very good Trick Room Pokemon, it has decent Moves, a good Ability, decent Stats and is a good Pokemon overall. I have Mental Herb incase of unexpected Taunt's and it is really handy. For the Nature I have Sassy with mixed out EV spread, I have 216 in Defense, 128 in Special Defense to spread out the Defenses rather than just going max Defense and HP, and the rest of the EV's are 164 in the HP. I feel that this is a pretty decent EV spread and bulks up a lot of hits. And now on to the Moves, I have Memento which is very useful as it, 1. Provides a guarnteed safe switch and 2. Drops the opponents Attack and Special Attack by -2 which is insanely helpful as the opponent will most likely switch and then you can therefore pull off a free Swords Dance on Alolan Marowak. I have U-Turn to do a bit of chip damage and switch out, and finally Knock Off because I think Knock Off is just a very good Move. And so that's my Uxie set.

So thats's my team overall, what did you think of it, is it good, is it bad, could it need improving, please let me know by posting a reply, would be really helpful to me, and I hope you all have a nice day.

• First thing that strikes me is you lack a rock setter on your team, so your opponent is not pressured from switching. I would make Uxie's moveset TR / Memento / Magic Coat / Stealth Rock.
  • Mawile should have Play Rough somewhere in its moveset. I also recommend keeping Fire Fang since (aside from Marowak) your team looks like it struggles to break through Mega Scizor. I would change it to an all-out attacking set of PR / Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / Fire Fang, although this does limit Mawile's effectiveness once TR goes down.
So Iron Ball gives Tapu Bulu a Speed of around 69.5 which is insanely slow and really makes good use of Trick Room.
  • Any specific threats you're looking to outslow? I've seen people use Tapu Bulu with TR before, most of the time they are running something like Miracle Seed with Wood Hammer in place of SD.
  • Now that Uxie has Magic Coat, you can put Ice Beam/Toxic on Cress so it is able to hit back at mons like Landorus and Garchomp.

Here is a paste of your team with the changes I've suggested: https://pokepast.es/d452672fc86a7526 Let me know what you think.

bigtalk Thank you so much for you're feedback I really appreciate it, and yes I can understand these minor changes but to be honest I feel like the one I should keep is Iron Ball on Tapu Bulu because that is what inspired me to create this team, and it's something new that I wanted to try out but Miracle Seed does sound interesting too. Other than that I can completely understand the other changes that you recommended and they do look better in my opinion, and again thank you so much for you're feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)