My very First RMT

Standart Team :p

Well, this is a standart team, the purpose is winning '-' My strategy is to set up SR with Probopass, and Spikes with Garbodor. After that, it's a prediction game: Bastiodon to tank Special hits like a boss, Ludicolo for the Ground and Water ones. Garbodor is the P. Wall, tanking on Sawk very well (apart fot the ones who carry EQ). Electabuzz is the Fast Special Sweeper, Kingler is the Physical one, but have a decent Defense. Combusken is a SubProtect Special Attacker, and after some Speed Boosts it gets very dangerous, but, unfortunately, it's two attack moves lack of accuracy (Fire Blast and Focus Blast).

Inside the team:

Prombs (Ludicolo) @Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swin
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Att)
EV's: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def

-Rain Dance
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump

I replaced Dwebble for Ludicolo, since Bastiodon can lay SR, and troll with Roar. It have a good movepool, plus Rain Dance + Swift it get really dangerous. Ice Beam + Hydro Pump + Giga Drain do give me a good coverage and some more durability. I used it sometimes, and I got happy because Ludicolo did some serious stuff. It checked Piloswine and Seismitoad quite well, and either OHKO with Hydro Pump/Giga Drain or set up a Rain Dance, giving a monstrous speed. Although, Toxic or T-Wave cripple it a lot, since it's reduce it's time in play. In Rain, everything that don't resist its Hydro Pump gets in maximum 2HKO (in the times I played), but I quite rely on luck of hitting, because 80% seems like 10% sometimes.

Barrichelo (Bastiodon) @Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Calm (+SpD -Att)
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def

-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Protect
I changed it to Bastiodon again, because, I really need a phazer, to stop Baton Pass strategies. And he's a good tank, even thay I'll miss the T-Wave, SR + Toxic + Roar is beautiful. I got Protect, so I'll gain some Leftovers recovery, and will scout what move my opponent will use, probably locking itself in one, and do the correct switch. I think is that... I'm thinking in a Spinner, because my get hurt by Spikes a lot, since it don't have a Flying type. But Bastiodon is great, and since the most of times he dies by a Physical move (Superpower, Close Combat, Drain Punch), I'll test Rocky Helmet on it.

Poopbag (Garbodor) @Black Slugde
Ability: Aftermath
Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA)
EV's: 240 HP/252 Def/ 16 Spe

-Toxic Spikes
-Clear Smog
-Gunk Shot
-Spikes

Another entry hazard user. It can setup Spikes and sometimes Toxic Spikes (if the opponent got no Poison Types or spinners). I'm appreciating this set, because it can cause some damage with poison chance using Gunk Shot (although it has a low accuracy), and can stop setup sweepers with Clear Smog, that may cause some Rage Quits. The only issue about it, is that only got Poison Moves, getting walled by anything that resist. Maybe replacing Clear Smog or Gunk Shot with some coverage move ? If it got low HP, switching into a Physical Attack, causing it's faint and doing 25% damage with Aftermath is pretty nice, especially with CB Sawk, ending it killing spree.

Grauaruaruar (Electabuzz) @Choice Scarf/Specs
Ability: Vital Spirit
Nature: Timid (+Spe - Att)
EV's: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Focus Blast
-Psychic/Signal Beam

I tried Rotom-Fan instead of him, I really tried. But... Rotom-S got a little higher SpA, but is slower than Electabuzz and it's weak to SR, although is immune to Toxic Spikes and Spikes. I'm not sure about Rotom, LO Electabuzz was nice. I'm thinking in a Choice set for Electabuzz. Choice Scarf Electabuzz can outspeed Choice Scarf Swanna, Gorebyss +2, and Sawsbuck (Although it relies on Focus Blast to deal damage), and a Specs set gives it a SpA of 443, hitting hard everything. TBolt + Signal Beam + Focus Blast gives it a good coverage, my only decision is between Scarf or Specs, Speed or Power. I'm afraid of losing KO's, but without Scarf, I don't have a counter for Shell Smash Gorebyss, that's a very dangerous threat.

YelLOLz (Combusken) @Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost :pirate:
Nature: Modest (+SpA -Att)
EV's: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD

-Substitute
-Protect
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast

SubProtect to stall Speed Boost and Toxic damage, Fire Blast and Focus Blast for STABs, he's fine. But no. Substitute and the recoil of LO + Flare Blitz worns him down so fast, so I'm thinking in replace LO with Leftovers, but the power loss of LO will be missed.

Tha King (Kingler) @Life Orb
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Crabhammer
-Return
-Agility
-Sword Dance

Standart Kingler, predictable, blahblahblah... It's strong anyway, once it got Agility boost, it's very dangerous. STAB Crabhammer w/ High Critical chance and Return for the STAB resist. It's frail with Special Attacks, but nothing is perfect. If I get SD boost + Agility, well, stuff happens, unless priority knocks on my door.

Problems:

Stall Teams are always a problem, since I don't have a wall breaker, and Psychic types in particular screw my team up. I don't have a reliable Dark, Ghost or Bug move that can sweep Musharna. Any commentary (commentary, not flame) will be totally acceptable.

Good Battles I've had with this team:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu9257672
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu9282472
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu9290513 -> Hax Match
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu9292341 -> Lolz Match
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu9306871 -> Combusken doing some work
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu9309325 -> Kingler Time

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
garbodor and bastiodon should be removed from this team since they are quite redundant with dwebble. they also cause this team to lose valuable momentum which can result in a loss. first of all, i would suggest adding something that can take care of fast sweepers such as ludicolo and gorebyss. kangaskhan can stop them in their tracks with fake out or sucker punch and works extremely well with hazard support. fighting-types are still extremely dangerous, being able to hit everything on your team neutrally or better. acrobatics drifblim is another extremely devastating sweeper with hazards on the field and can help you check the aforementioned fighting-types with a powerful flying-type attack and immunity to the type.

electabuzz should be running a timid nature in order to outpace haunter, sawsbuck, swanna, and other dangerous threats.

if stall is giving you troubles, try running special combusken with fire blast and focus blast over your current attacks, as well as max special attack. many special walls are beaten by those moves while physical walls such as alomomola can take flare blitz or sky uppercut quite well.

summary of changes:

bastiodon —> kangaskhan
garbodor —> drifblim
timid nature on electabuzz
special set on combusken

Kangaskhan (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Drifblim @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Electabuzz @ Life Orb
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Combusken @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Substitute

I'll made the changes later, test it and post here. And to follow the rules, I'll write more description of each Pokémon.

dwebble / bastiodon / garbodor / electabuzz / combusken / kingler

some of your problems lie in the fact that you carry three hazard setters and a handful of pokemon with redundant typing (for example, four members are weak to ground-type attacks with nothing able to switch into them). this team is particularly weak to boosting water-types, but it also falls against almost any variant of sawk which can break through huge portions of your team with just earthquake before it can clean up with close combat.

while the rate already given is good, here's another set of options to try out:

first off, there is no need to have dwebble, bastiodon, and garbodor all on one team. dwebble can set up stealth rock and spikes, but so can bastiodon and garbodor. replacing dwebble would be the best idea here, because bastiodon is a much more useful check to flying- and psychic-types (especially musharna) while garbodor provides a resistance to fighting-type attacks. therefore, use stealth rock over iron head on bastiodon; bastiodon doesn't really need an attack because it's quite weak, so it's better relegating it to a full support role. as for what to replace dwebble with, try out a ludicolo, because it does two things for you: adds a ground-type resistance that your team needs while threatening them back, and adds a check to many specially-based water-types (especially from opposing rain teams) that you can't handle too well.

i would also give garbodor a physically defensive spread of 240 hp / 252 def / 16 spe so it can take several close combats from sawk and keep it in check. if sawk, musharna, or certain ground-type attacks still cause some trouble for you, consider using choice scarf rotom-s over electabuzz. it adds a second fighting-type resistance so that choice band sawk can't keep using close combat as freely to break through your team, and it has trick so that musharna can't set up if it will be locked into a single move. having a choice scarf also allows you to outspeed +2 gorebyss and carracosta if necessary.

summary:
ludicolo dwebble / stealth rock iron head bastiodon / physically specially defensive garbodor / choice scarf rotom-s electabuzz* / combusken / kingler
* optional

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Trick

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think ium's changes will be excellent if you are looking for a balanced team, while FLCL's changes would be great if you are looking for a Spike Offense team. Either rater's suggestion works well depending on what your playstyle is (add that to the OP please).

I do agree with FLCL's Combusken change and ium's Choice Scarf Rotom-S change, since they simply bring the effectiveness of this team up quite a few notches. Like I said before, the hazard Pokes are up to you based on your playstyle.

For my part, I'll only give you a couple of tiny suggestions. Kingler shares a nice base 70 Speed with Ludicolo, but you are running Adamant instead of Jolly. With this small change, you can at least Speed tie with Timid Ludicolo in the Rain, which can make the difference between a win or a loss. If you manage a Swords Dance as well, you don't really lack any power, so the slight weakening won't matter too much.

Despite both previous raters working with it, I feel that Bastiodon is very at odds with your team. It has no offensive presence and tends to work best on Stall teams. Probopass is much more offensive, and shares the same typing. It fulfills Bastiodon's defensive duties to a large extent (both either wall something completely or are destroyed) and also has Stealth Rock. By giving up Metal Burst and Iron Head(lol) you gain: Thunder Wave to slow your opponent's team down, significantly more powerful attacks on the special side, and a slow Volt Switch. Volt Switch is very significant in that it lets Probopass tank a hit and bring in your appropriate sweepers for free. That free turn can be used to set up for a sweep, which is something you should really consider if you want to use your team to its fullest potential.

Changes:

Kingler: Jolly>Adamant
Probopass>Bastiodon

Probopass @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon/Power Gem
- Thunder Wave/Earth Power

Made some changes in the main post (in red) and still testing. I appreciate the replys, thanks very much.

EDIT February 07th: I changed Probopass for Bastiodon again, because I really need a phazer. I'm searching a spot for a spinner in my team.

I'm trying to put a Spinner is this team, so I testing Tentacool @Eviolite over Gabodor @Black Slugde. In the times I played, I didn't miss Garbodor, but I'm afraid of facing a CB Sawk and have nothing to check it. Tentacool over Garbodor is the best thing to do to put a Spinner or there are better choices ?

I can't see how a spinner fits in your team. In the NU metagame there are many ghosts and only three viable spinner (Armaldo, Torkoal, Wartortle). Each have notable flaws, so I would put one if you were running a hard stall or Pokemon such as Charizard.

Please, don't use Tentacool. There's no reason for that.

I've taken Tentacool out and get back with my team. Unfornately, I will quit Pokémon for a while, so thanks to everybody who helped ^^

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hello IIHenriqueII !
This team is quite cool and I really like it, but there is a few flaws that I want to point out. First of is Bastiodon, he really isn't serving your team too much except Stealth Rock, therefore I suggest Regirock over your Bastiodon as he can help out your team with his massive bulk and the fact that he can actually pose some offensive threath as your team is too offensive for Bastiodon. Regirock also has Thunder Wave to cripple common switch ins like Sawk, Samurott, Gorebyss and Ludicolo which can be huge for your team late game. My next suggestion will be Swords Dance Samurott over Kingler as this will help you against Ludicolo and Musharna due to Samurott teaching Megahorn, while also having Aqua Jet as priority which Kingler doesn't have. My last suggestion is to use Drain Punch and Rock Blast over Clear Smog and Toxic Spikes on Garbodor, the reason why I suggest this is that pokemon with substitute like SubSmash Gorebyss can easely run over your team after one boost with Shell Smash which makes Rock Blast the inferior option, also Drain Punch over Toxic Spikes as Toxic Spikes really isn't that good in this meta due to the increasing usage of Skuntank. Also use Rocky Helmet over Black Sludge as this will help you against BU Gurdurr, Kangaskhan, Sawk and physical threats in general.

Changes:

Regirock ---> Bastiodon
SD Samurott ---> Kingler
Drain Punch, Rocky Helmet, Rock Blast ---> Clear Smog, Black Sludge, T-Spikes (Garbodor)

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP |252 Atk | 4 SpD
Adamant Nature: (+Atk, -SAtk)
Drain Punch | Rock Slide | Thunder Wave | Stealth Rock

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
Jolly Nature: (Spd, -SAtk)
Waterfall | Aqua Jet | Megahorn | Swords Dance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)