5. Ozzy Osbourne - Mama I'm Coming Home
6. My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans
7. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
8. Weber - Invitation to the Dance, Op. 65

private messages are for cowards

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
first reveal tomorrow at 8 PM my time which is pacific time.

so final notice to everyone that submitted, but especially

Texas @shubaku

i think it goes without saying that you shouldnt submit bad music on purpose

i know it works on other hosts.

so yeah anyone who tried to lazily shit post can expect rly low scores. it is possible to shit submit and get high scores as we will see when billymills wins this walrus. it won't be a good look, so you have until like 5 pm tomorrow to change ur submits, everyone.

Myzozoa

so reveal set for this evening, maybe soon after yeti's reveal is over or maybe at the original time (2 hours and 9 mins from now)

everyone listed in the op has submitted and ive done writeups for all of cat 1(except ck) and about half of cat 2. ill take resubmits for other cats even after, because i want you to submit music that i actually like.

Myzozoa

in 16th, since ck did not submit

write up: Oh my. these angsty vocals. Yes u should be vulnerable and trusting in love, but this is very uninteresting metaphor for it, backed by a most generic pop drum piano track. Far to boring and angsty, even vaguely violent, lyrics, nty. 3.5

submitted by not smogon member 4mask wolf from mu

Last edited:

Myzozoa

in 15th, PDC

I really wanted to like the cure. Ok there is something that sounds suspiciously like an accordion in the beginning, I would point out. It goes away tho. Maybe it is like one of those keyboards ppl blow into? Idk, cant place the tone of the back ground, could just be a shitty keyboard. I find the drums on this track very boring, I find the rest of this track boring too. the lyrics became interesting at a certain point, but i dont like the singer or the overall orientation of this track’s back grounds wrt the gong+ambiguous treble and it goes on and on, unyielding, normally i admire that, but not this time. 3.9.

Myzozoa

in 14th
Not Gonna Get Us by t.A.T.u. Koc

First minute is nearly unlistenable and this is just very shrill and overproduced. Saturated sound track, unchanging, unyielding fortissimo. Not sure how this is about heartbreak. This would be a track you go outside the club for a smoke during because it is too shrill. 4/10 sorry dude. The drums at the end are what got this up to a 4 tbh. I think maybe you were as hedging on a strong beat, but got caught by how bad the trebles are and how they arent balanced overall.

Myzozoa

in 13th, Walrein

royal republic-when i see you dance with another
“How could she dance with another? I saw her standing there.” this is thematically everything I thought i hinted that people should not submit as far as rock music lyrics. Lyrics indicate possession and obsession, music is very good actually, unreasonably upbeat for the subject matter. No no. everything about this screams masculinity except the lyrics. 5/10. Dont disawow or misrepresent your feelings folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myzozoa

in 12th Soul Fly

Chet Faker - Melt (feat Kilo Kish)

Sounds like an ‘instrumental’ (read: synthesizer line) cooked up by someone on their computer who then got real singers to collab on some vocals in a studio. It had a horrible beginning which was saved by the femme vocalist. The lyrical melody is cringey, acceptable dissonance, but not enjoyable. I hate the dude’s voice. The sound quality improved as the song went on, but it just has too much ‘huh?’ for me. The ending was well harmonized but did not justify the rest of it. I just dont think this song succeeds on any terms, but it was also ambitious. 5.9/10

Myzozoa

in 10th shubaku

Ok the singing is pretty too dramatic and not voluminous enough, like the singer still smokes lol. Cant really say, but this is pretty basic, with rly bad lyrics that make me feel like this is targeted for teenage girls, cause thats who i imagine thinks it is cool or romantic to be saved. 6.6

Gravity - Against The Current

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Maybe by Kelly Clarkson

ok lastly somewhere where the ordering was off there is no Texas Cloverleaf (9th place)

Oh man what does it mean when ppl submit these folk songs that are super sentimental. I said i didnt like country…. There are some really good parts of this song, it is very open to interpretation in parts and the lyrics def resonated w me. Yeah some of the lyrics also are just trash, and some of melodic lines at the beginning are honestly way too country, but then it got better.

Myzozoa

in 6th vonFiedler

I did not dislike the horrible vocals as much as i might of if this singer had tried to sing something more ambitious. He does okay when he gets into his higher range which is never impressive to me, either stick to your good range or get all of your range good. I recognize that this could be arranged (i.e backed up differently) and sung by a different singer and I would like it more. Just the track needs a more ambitious drum track and better singer.

7/10

Erasure - A Little Respect

Myzozoa

in 4th Da Letter El

This could have been written about me by my exs. Tanqueray. Lots of this resonates.. It could have gotten so much better melodically but he refused to take the song there. Keeping it low key instead of going for it like bjork would’ve if this was her track. The ending is also just bad. This started out as a 10, but slowly let me down.

Troye Sivan - FOOLS

Myzozoa

in 4th 2/3rd place

LightWolf and Steven Snype are tied for 2nd and 3rd

SS:
George michael-careless whisper

8.8/10

Guilty feet have got no rhythm, but this song is funky fresh for ‘88 u suckas.

LW:

Pat Benatar-Heartbreaker

Love it. The lyrics could not be more perfect, 10/10 on that front. But i like other artists’ versions more, the ending is actually flubbed here, and there are just minor imperfections that things that could be improved, especially the mastering/balance on the solos. Also the soloistic style is super basic, yawn.

Myzozoa

leaving rodan in 1st:

Kimbra-old flame

2:30 best part, lots of cool stuff on this track, but the first 2 minute is also mm mm mm <3. It grew on me more than any other song..

9.2/10

Last edited:

Myzozoa

ok and i forgot to even do a rating for poor Asek's submission

who actually really tried to submit good music. ill rate it tomorrow, and am looking forward to it.

Myzozoa

thanks for playing next reveal to be annouced soon, probs on tuesday if i can finish going over submits. next time will be smoother.

special thanks to the very lovely and talented Shubaka17 for helping my helpless and fumbling ass

and sorry to everyone that it took so long

Last edited:

Myzozoa

(now in 5th) asek

Yo la tenga- sugarcube

Muddy guitar lines and muddy singing, but not boring nor self-flagellating-ly quiet (the worst!). This feels like a reference to acid rock and there is a hint about acid in the chorus, so. Not my fav thing musically atm, it is just a bit static and slow for me, but i would actually listen to this again which is nearly unheard of wrt bands with a male lead singer. good submit, I would like to hear an ambitious vocalist try her hand at this one.

7.7+1 because i forgot about them=8.7.

next reveal is tonight at 8pm (west coast time) my time, same time as the last reveal

or

next reveal is tonight 15-30 mins after rodan's reveal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)