NaNoWriMo 2018

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It seems interest for this continues to decline every year, and the fact there hasn't been a thread on this yet is probably pretty telling. But I felt it might be fruitful to post a thread anyway.

Is anyone interested in doing NaNoWriMo this year (writing a story of 50,000 words within one month)? I've tried it once in 2015 and didn't finish. In 2016 I planned to try it but never got started. In 2017, I decided not to try it.

This year, I am going in with some caveats, knowing that it's very unlikely that I'll be able to reach all 50,000 words. But I see it more as practice to get used to the format (the format that I've only really tried once) and preparing myself to maybe beat the challenge in a later year. Like I said last time, waiting an entire year for the challenge is a bit of a pain, and I'd like to make the most of the opportunity while it's still here.

I'd really like to know your plans for this. Though I doubt this thread will get much attention, it would be great if we would be able to share some encouragement.

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I did it once in high school because it was an assignment. I didn't finish the novel though, and I stopped once I reached the word count to get me an A. I'm sure its saved on an old flash drive somewhere that would make me cringe so bad if I read it. But now that I'm more into writing I wish I would have the time to do it, I know realistically I won't because I work retail and I'm spending like 70% of my time working this month. But I do have a novel that I am working on and 80,000 words into which is by far the furthest I've gotten into writing. I really do intend to finish it and my goal is to get it good enough to be published. I guess this month I'm using NaNoWriMo as motivation to write as much as possible because I had writer's block hit me mid/late October and had my pace really slack off. I guess my goal is to have my novel I'm working on now finished by NaNoWriMo next year and spend the month working on another idea I have. Good luck though to anyone who is seriously attempting it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)