Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
For all the justified criticism of the pairings, you can't deny he got the pairing right for part 3 with Bolt and Salad (lol).

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That was a disappointing ending, some very awkward couples (Ino+Sai, Chouji/Kiba+characters I can't even remember), and I have no idea what's up with Sasuke/Sakura.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Tenten is a Merchant LMAOOOOO 10/10

if Bolt and Salad later down the line had a child would their child be the most gifted child of all time... lol

Tenten is a Merchant LMAOOOOO 10/10

if Bolt and Salad later down the line had a child would their child be the most gifted child of all time... lol
Don't sasuke/Naruto get all their powers from ghosts or something? The chain was broken by them(I think) so nobody else would be as strong as sasuke/Naruto.. I think. The series has been a mess for a while I really couldn't keep track of what the fuck was going on since the war started.

CrushinDefeat

Don't sasuke/Naruto get all their powers from ghosts or something? The chain was broken by them(I think) so nobody else would be as strong as sasuke/Naruto.. I think. The series has been a mess for a while I really couldn't keep track of what the fuck was going on since the war started.
But Sasuke still had his Rinnegan in like that last panel? His daughter has black eyes, idk you could be right. S/O to ChouChou, dear god no one saw you coming sweetheart but we all love you, even more so than that darling Honey Boo Boo Creature, also S/O to Inojin, Engine? Most sense made all chapter lol

Aw. The kids are cute, and I guess I'm happy with how that all match-making played out but the fuck is with the giant city behind Konoha? Kinda ridiculous.

I complained about Kishi forgetting Anko a few weeks ago, and after all this time he finally remembered her and decided to make her fat. Poor fucking Anko.

I wish we got to see some other characters like Orochimaru and Yamato... And Sakura could have been given a better role that that. She's not even apart of Naruto's 'team'? Also wtf @ Salad??!! We finally get a chick with sharingan though (maybe).

IT'S OVER. I loved Naruto, through all the good and the bad. Sure the last bit of it got kinda stupid, but there are some damn great arcs in there. I didn't even realize it's been 15 years. I still have a copy of [English] Shonen Jump with the very first chapter.

I don't know what else to say.

link pls. And why would kishi leave something like that in the end, a probable plot that would never happen
Apparently there is a "part 3", but the Mangastream trans makes it sound like it's just short, Gaiden-like stories and not an actual full blown arc.

CrushinDefeat

Aw. The kids are cute, and I guess I'm happy with how that all match-making played out but the fuck is with the giant city behind Konoha? Kinda ridiculous.

I complained about Kishi forgetting Anko a few weeks ago, and after all this time he finally remembered her and decided to make her fat. Poor fucking Anko.

I wish we got to see some other characters like Orochimaru and Yamato... And Sakura could have been given a better role that that. She's not even apart of Naruto's 'team'? Also wtf @ Salad??!! We finally get a chick with sharingan though (maybe).

IT'S OVER. I loved Naruto, through all the good and the bad. Sure the last bit of it got kinda stupid, but there are some damn great arcs in there. I didn't even realize it's been 15 years. I still have a copy of [English] Shonen Jump with the very first chapter.

I don't know what else to say.

Apparently there is a "part 3", but the Mangastream trans makes it sound like it's just short, Gaiden-like stories and not an actual full blown arc.
Ik what you mean with the Konaha City, when I saw the Computer I cringed alot but I was like fuck it, its over, let it be.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I didn't criticise the "odd" couples because you'll never know what happens with love. I've seen my fair share of couples growing up, so I've got nothing against the choices made.

So let me get this straight . . .

• 15 years of development and Naruto gives up on Sakura and marries Hinata
  • Sakura has no self-respect at all and marries a guy who tried to kill her twice . .and becomes a housewife.
  • Sasuke ends up with the girl he tried to kill twice. I reckon Itachi would have rolled and walked out of his grave by now.
  • Chōji and Karui?!
  • Sai and Ino?
  • Shikamaru and Temari have been canon for a while now
  • Why does Tsunade look younger?
  • Anko is fat because of too much dango

For me the manga ended on Chapter 699. Chapter 700 has reached Albus Severus Potter levels of WTFery that I just can't.

Naruto didn't have a chance and knew it; he made the smart move I'd say.

At the very least, Sasuke kind of reformed. From the beginning of the series, he went from being a jerk to even more of a jerk, then to a somewhat tolerable jerk at the end. (and managed to start succeeding in reviving his clan)

Sai and Ino was previously established, if only briefly, when Sai commented that Ino was attractive despite calling Sakura ugly.

I guess Tsunade can look young for the remainder of her lifetime because of her super medic powers.

also what kind of name is salad, I missed that at first lol

I like the ending overall. I don't blame Kishimoto for the weird aspects, as we know he was rushed and all that. If anything, I bet part of him is glad it's finally over.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sakura still went back to Sasuke... how is it possible for a character to have so little development in 700 chapters? Got daamn'
Simple, Kishi hates women and wants people to admire beaten housewives.

So let me get this straight . . .

• 15 years of development and Naruto gives up on Sakura and marries Hinata, his stalker
  • Sakura has no self-respect at all and marries a guy who tried to kill her twice . .and becomes a beaten housewife.
  • Sasuke ends up with the girl he tried to kill twice. I reckon Itachi would have rolled and walked out of his grave by now.
  • Chōji and Karui?!
  • Sai and Ino?
  • Shikamaru and Temari have been canon for a while now
  • Why does Tsunade look younger?
  • Anko is fat because of too much dango

For me the manga ended on Chapter 699. Chapter 700 has reached Albus Severus Potter levels of WTFery that I just can't.
This this this this this this this this this

I can't believe women's rights advocate Crux can stand this shit

Last edited:
You literally see Sakura for two panels with her child, doing what appears to be dusting, and that automatically means she's quit all of her medical aspects / ninja duties and is a "housewife".

Yeah ok.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also Uzumaki kids having no Byakugan is bs-- it's 99.9% canon that the Byakugan is a dominant trait appearing in every hyuga. THEY ALL HAVE IT

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Sorry that I respect the choices of women I guess? Thanks women's rights expert Chou Toshio. O wait...
"Let people be people" would usually be MY stance on the issues for the record.

Doesn't mean I'm thrilled to see the most major female character of a 700 long mega manga go back and marry the douchebag who has denied, abandoned, and both mentally (both verbally and with hallucinogens) and physically abused her for most of it.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The ending is really just solid evidence for my theory that Kishi was just making shit up as he went following the Pain Invasion Arc

It occurred to me that Kishi didn't show what happened to Shino, so I went over the chapter again and he's the teacher right? I didn't recognize him at all, why did he swap the black glasses for a giant Digimon eye shield? He looks kinda cool though.

Crux

Banned deucer.
"Let people be people" would usually be MY stance on the issues for the record.

Doesn't mean I'm thrilled to see the most major female character of a 700 long mega manga go back and marry the douchebag who has denied, abandoned, and both mentally (both verbally and with hallucinogens) and physically abused her for most of it.
You mean women can prioritise their interests and desires, and don't have to live up to your expectations of what being a woman in that situation ought be, what?

I think it's easier to accept Sasuke's reformation when you compare him to, say, Gaara. Gaara murdered people for funsies, was a douche to everyone, and even his siblings were downright terrified of him. Then the fight with Naruto happened, and he began to change because of Naruto's words. Skip to part two and he's the Kazekage and everyone digs the dude. Sasuke, on the other hand, did a lot of the same things. He resisted change for a very long time, true, but his reformation began with Itachi and his sacrifices. Sure, he still acted like a dick all the time, but harping on about how he's going to "beat" Sakura, neglect the very family he's aspired to have the whole damn series, and still act like a child when he's shown a great deal of maturity in 699 is a little ridiculous. ESPECIALLY how he's going to abuse Sakura physically. Seriously, where is the precedence for this? The most aggressive he's been towards Sakura in the chapters since his decision to protect Konoha / revolutionize was placing her under a genjutsu to prevent her from interfering in his and Naruto's fight. Is it a dick move? Sure!

Anyway, I think all this "women's rights" and "beaten housewife" crap is bullshit. With the way he acted towards her in 699, and the fact that she and Sarada look perfectly happy and healthy in 700, I am more or less satisfied with the way it all ended.

Just my two cents. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)