Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

So apparently hunchback creepy one is named Shen, calls himself an Uchiha, and refers to the cloaked one as pops. Oh and Naruto drops in to save the day.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If Shin is smart, he will run.

If not, I imagine after some Talk No Jutsu and a surprise attack, Naruto will win handily, hopefully in an amusing way.

Nope, Shin gets ported away :(

And either Sasuke doesn't recognize his own daughter or doesn't know he has one; there's a twist if she isn't even his. Also confirmed chicks can have the sharingan, last panel shows her with the 1 tomoe in each eye.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Confirmed: Naruto has picked up Exaggerate No Jutsu.

Also Nine Tails Chakra and Sage Mode are still things (well, no reason for the latter to go away). Managed to get both those in quickly. I do like how Naruto is so chill with all the next generation kids.

Yeesh, this new villain look is like Danzo taken to the extreme...or more likely it's logical outcome depending on how you look at it.

And screw talk no jutsu, it's time to fight again, 3 sannin against revived akatsuki should be fun.

Ok...so one random site I've never heard of says it's Shisui with no supporting evidence whatsoever; what if I told you it was Madara reincarnated again with implanted sharingans from Tobi's inner world? Or Sakura's evil twin they never mentioned implanted with spare sharingans from the Uchiha massacre? I'm just as reliable as a source after all...

Hell it very well could be Danzo like I said earlier, allied with Orochimaru's research, he might've had 1 hidden sharingan for 1 last izanagi that let him escape his final jutsu used on Sasuke, then afterward he dug up some more eyes and decided to shave his head bald and implant them everywhere. As well as stabilizing the Hashirama cells in him through researching the leftover white zetsu bodies and creating Shin as a faux Uchiha. And those little pet things with the sharingan are spare 10 tail remnants. See I'm good at random theories too! Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they found some stupid reason for it to be Shisui, but I'm not buying it until it's actually revealed.

The only thing that's odd is that the chapter mentions the white zestu army predating Kaguya, which contradicts what was established before in that the white zetsus are actually people from the ancient past Kaguya ruled who were caught in the infinite tsuyokomi, stuck on the plant, and slowly transformed into white zetsu. So are we getting a retcon for the sake of a new plot or are they lying to us...

Last edited:
Well I would not call totally maddness that the new guy could be Shisui.

What reason did we have to think that Tobi-New Madara was in fact Obito?, for all we can say obito was death and he passed away in good terms with his teammates. And suddely, out of the blue, it happened that he meet a very old Madara that manipulated him at his convenience (althought obito later say it was a "jutsu", yeah cockblocked-at-thirteen no jutsu, lmao)

IMO, that tobi resulted to be Obito was just "fan service". If the autor want he can make a deux es machina theory about how Shisui survived the fall and later cameback to the Uchiha Village just to find all of then death, confirming Itachi did his job.

But what reason could he possible have to store away like a dozen of Sharingans?

edit: also, as the amazingly good Ninja that Itachi was, only him knowed of his plans. One of them consiting in making emo.... Sasuke "the hero of the leaf" by killing the one that slaugheted the Uchicha clan. So whoever is the new villian (and more if is Shisui) killing Sasuke (or at least trying to) is the dumbess thing he can do and will not honor Itachi memory.

Last edited:
So, Sakura has her mama bear moment and then gets captured...uh huh...

Oh and the main villain calls himself Shin Uchiha has well. So his "kids" are probably some plant clone or zetsu clones of him I'd guess. The odd little thing with the Uchiha eyes that uses the time space jutsu, still no clue, even if it looks like a mini 10 tails creature bit.

Deck Knight

Could someone tell me how it is Sasuke's Rinnegan (which he apparently has now) got beaten by EyeGuy, but Sakura was able to Grizzly Mama Blitz him?

Eh whatever, we got to see Kurama insult Naruto so it's all good.

To be fair, the sharingan doesn't give a giant vision range like the byakugan, it's possible to outspeed and smack them if someone with the sharingan can't react fast enough. Though yeah, why Naruto didn't sense Sakura is dumb considering he was in sage mode...

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would expect those guys to be fast enough to be able to react to that. Also took me a while to realise Sakura is at there hideout now :/ seeing that she has tended to them and all and is standing alone, i think if he has some sort of army then it's on standby somewhere. Hoping that this guy doesn't fall to the talk-no-jutsu and is a real villain
Not to mention that an opponent who can be hit by Sakura really shouldn't be able to do shit to Naruto (who by all rights and logic should be several times faster than Sasuke, and exponentially faster than Sakura).

Well, tiny bit right about the Danzo connection and clone guesses. Depending on how solid genetic testing is in Naruto world, this could just be a red herring with Sarada's mom, that or Karin is twisted enough to rape Sasuke, as again I really don't see Sasuke willingly doing it with that...thing...

But yeah, definitely Sasuke's half for sure, all we're missing is a revenge quest for Sarada.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, tiny bit right about the Danzo connection and clone guesses. Depending on how solid genetic testing is in Naruto world, this could just be a red herring with Sarada's mom, that or Karin is twisted enough to rape Sasuke, as again I really don't see Sasuke willingly doing it with that...thing...

But yeah, definitely Sasuke's half for sure, all we're missing is a revenge quest for Sarada.
It'd be extremely lame as a plot device if they just went "whoops, got the DNA test wrong!"

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm currently thinking that Sakura was unable to have children (probably due to the stress her jutsu places on the body) and Karin acted as a surrogate of sorts.

The monitor seemed to be showing a 100 percent match, which wouldn't be right if the DNA were from one of Sarada's parents. Since it's suggested that she was born outside of Konoha, maybe Karin had something to do with the birth and kept the DNA. Either way, Suigetsu seems like one of the last people who should be running a DNA test.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
The monitor seemed to be showing a 100 percent match, which wouldn't be right if the DNA were from one of Sarada's parents. Since it's suggested that she was born outside of Konoha, maybe Karin had something to do with the birth and kept the DNA. Either way, Suigetsu seems like one of the last people who should be running a DNA test.
Think you're reading too much into squigglies on a fictional ninja device.

In any case, I now get why NaruHina had to happen... because everything in Naruto ends up having to do with Heredity. Every character pretty much is the summation of his lineage in terms of power. Since the "epitome" of power in Naruto at the end of the series is the combination of the "body" and "eye" lineages of the Otsuki line, it looks like Kishi wanted to explore what happens when both main characters (Bolt and Salad) have both from the get-go.
Sakura is basically a nobody genetically, and if Bolt wants to keep up at all with Sarada he'll need both Naruto and Hinata's genes (love dynamics aside, anyone could see that NaruHina produces WAY more powerful ninjas, and also ends up giving the upcoming Hokage greater social stature, makes sense).

Bolt-- Yes, it doesn't look like he has the Byakugan, and we've never heard of a Hyuga having to "awaken" the Byakugan, but the way Kishi has been going about loving to throw lineage-based-powers on characters, you know it's going to happen.

Anyway, this does make the villain Shin in a very weird position as an antagonist for this story though... considering he's like some really twisted over-Darwinist (but you really don't want to call him that, since his interpretation of "Evolution" is not only extreme, but also flawed). Anyway, normally to "prove him wrong" you'd want him to be defeated by someone extremely ordinary, like Sakura. But all the characters in the story so far (Naruto, Sasuke, and their kids) come from the most powerful lineages in ninja-world. So... even if Shin loses, does it really prove anything?

Especially if Sarada or Bolt defeat him, considering they're like the epitome of lineage in Naruto... eh... I don't really get where this is going.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
>People not getting the fact that this is clearly about what a parent is.

Do you need big bright shining lights and pointy signs to highlight the conversation between sakura and shin?

Like the metatextual dialogue there was so starkly clear and put all the themes of this epilogue adventure right out in front of us.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
>People not getting the fact that this is clearly about what a parent is.

Do you need big bright shining lights and pointy signs to highlight the conversation between sakura and shin?

Like the metatextual dialogue there was so starkly clear and put all the themes of this epilogue adventure right out in front of us.
If the story were about "proving what a parent is" as it's focal question, than Sakura would be the main character, and she'd defeat Shin... from a typical Shonen equation.

If that's the central question with Sarada as the main character, than this is more like a Shojo/Seinen-Drama with a ninja-war going in the background, rather than a Shonen story... (which is actually what this feels like so far).

I guess the problem is that we've had no time to really experience the "bond" between Sakura and Sarada except for a few lines of conversation (that are already getting re-quoted...), so we're not given enough to give a damn about Sarada's frustrations, or to actually empathize with what Sakura's saying, except that it mirror's our own society's typical expectations.

In the original series, we got LOTS of time to experience both Naruto and Sasuke's childhood traumas... so we could relate with those characters. But we don't have that with Sarada (not when she started suspecting, or how Sasuke being gone has warped her life), so we can't care as much. It doesn't help that her "issues" are kind of light compared to Sasuke's (mass genocide of his clan?). We just can't help compare, and it's not enough that what she's experiencing would be traumatic in "our world", because we're reading in their ninja world.

Last edited:
So Sakura healed him just to hear his story and is now going to beat the crap out of him...ok...we all know she's gonna lose and end up getting rescued...

Talk no Jutsu has its calming effect on Sarada, more progression next time please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)