Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So Sakura healed him just to hear his story and is now going to beat the crap out of him...ok...we all know she's gonna lose and end up getting rescued...

Talk no Jutsu has its calming effect on Sarada, more progression next time please.
We now know that compared to the Third, Naruto really sucks at Hokage-speech

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We now know that compared to the Third, Naruto really sucks at Hokage-speech
I am more impressed they kept Naruto completely in-character. Naruto never was any good at subtlety or mystifying half-truth responses. No reason to expect he would be now after only something like 15 years.

I read a fan theory related to the whole "Karin" DNA thing. There are panels showing Sarada being ill, a panel of her BEFORE she was ill, and a panel after. She wears no glasses before the sick panel, yet has them afterwards. Some people theorized that Sarada might have a serious illness her mother wouldn't be capable of healing (such as the illness Itachi had), yet Karin would be able to. The illness had advanced to harming Sarada's eyesight, which required her to wear glasses, and she has Karin's DNA.

I don't know, I thought it was an interesting theory. I don't really believe that Karin and Sasuke had a daughter under conventional means, especially with how Sasuke left Sakura in the last chapter of the manga.

Anyway, hopefully there's some Shin pounding going on in the next chapter.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I read a fan theory related to the whole "Karin" DNA thing. There are panels showing Sarada being ill, a panel of her BEFORE she was ill, and a panel after. She wears no glasses before the sick panel, yet has them afterwards. Some people theorized that Sarada might have a serious illness her mother wouldn't be capable of healing (such as the illness Itachi had), yet Karin would be able to. The illness had advanced to harming Sarada's eyesight, which required her to wear glasses, and she has Karin's DNA.

I don't know, I thought it was an interesting theory. I don't really believe that Karin and Sasuke had a daughter under conventional means, especially with how Sasuke left Sakura in the last chapter of the manga.

Anyway, hopefully there's some Shin pounding going on in the next chapter.
Or you know... she's just remembering one instance where Sakura took care of her... and then a later memory when she's older, and people's eyes usually get worse as they get older... yeah, you know. Plus, Karin's "Bite me" thing doesn't exactly change who your genetic parent is... That one's gone off the deep end.

BTW-- anyone notice the pointed admission that Sakura and Sasuke are married but have never even kissed? wtf?

srsly?

How about this theory: Naruto is actually Sarada's Mom, and because he's an Uzumaki his DNA matches Karin's! And that REALLY makes him Sarada's family, and a reason for him to try cover-up.

I mean, you know...

Right? Seems more legit than Sakura at this point...

Last edited:
BTW-- anyone notice the pointed admission that Sakura and Sasuke are married but have never even kissed? wtf?
All it means is that she holds the memory of the forehead poke even dearer in her heart, which isn't very surprising and doesn't necessarily mean that they never kissed. By that logic, the next page would imply that they got it on at some point at least.

I saw this theory on r/Naruto as well. It could just be a coincidence, but I agree that it's interesting.

EDIT @ below: It could just as easily be interpreted as embarrassment because her five yo just posed that question to her.

Last edited:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
All it means is that she holds the memory of the forehead poke even dearer in her heart, which isn't very surprising and doesn't necessarily mean that they never kissed. By that logic, the next page would imply that they got it on at some point at least.
No, pay attention to the highlighted panel-- she has a sweat drop and her eyebrows come up in the middle. It's clear that she's troubled and having difficulty answering the question. The panel before it's really unnatural too... Considering it's a question most would be able to answer with an "of course" remark.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
EDIT @ below: It could just as easily be interpreted as embarrassment because her five yo just posed that question to her.
If it were real life, maybe-- if the question really caught you by surprise such that you messed up with an unnatural expression for the situation.

But this is a manga-- a media where a story is meant to be told succinctly and purposefully. Every panel has a purpose, and is something the artist took time to plan and draw. When an artist takes the time to draw an expression panel sequence, there's meaning there. Kishi drew her with a difficult expression here because it was a difficult question to answer for her. It's clear she has to consider it, which means there's something to not be forthwith there.

I think an interpretation that there's nothing there is just lacking attention to detail.

You know thinking about it, another potential idea, how does Karin heal people? They bite and suck on her. So potentially depending on how it works, everyone could have some of her DNA floating around if it lingers (yes irl that's not how it works, but this is ninja world with magic jutsu), since they did swab Sarada's mouth.

Edit: or what tayla said above since I didn't bother reading new posts or whatever reddit is.

You know thinking about it, another potential idea, how does Karin heal people? They bite and suck on her. So potentially depending on how it works, everyone could have some of her DNA floating around if it lingers (yes irl that's not how it works, but this is ninja world with magic jutsu), since they did swab Sarada's mouth.

Edit: or what tayla said above since I didn't bother reading new posts or whatever reddit is.
That's not how it works and swabbing a mouth isn't the same thing. Ingested foreign DNA will be destroyed in the stomach if not in the mouth first. Whereas Suigetsu was swabbing her mouth to get a sample of her cells to extract her DNA from. Funny how you say its a ninja world with magic jutsu yet I saw some some common lab equipment in Orochi's lair like a nice looking centrifuge. I was actually expecting him to run a gel any second, but I remembered it was just Naruto

DNA test has to be botched, this is Suigetsu we're talking about administering it here. Sarada is too much like the other two.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
DNA test has to be botched, this is Suigetsu we're talking about administering it here. Sarada is too much like the other two.
Ugh... There's nothing genetic about Sakura's/Tsunade's strength-based moves, it's all about Chakra control-- it's learned. We've already seen in these Gaiden chapters that this new generation has been taught advanced skills from a much younger age than Naruto's generation (we've countlessly seen young people being taught their parent's advanced techniques)-- as a trend, it doesn't surprise me that Sakura's taught Sarada this much. Also, language/speech habits come from nurture, not nature.

As mentioned, it would be way to dumb from a story perspective to build up the genetic test plot to only after say "lol, Suigetsu is lame."

Suigetsu doesn't have enough character development even from the original manga (nevermind this one) to warrant it. Suigetsu has character development to establish him as brash, annoying, lazy-- but not incompetent. If anything, Suigetsu has development to establish him as smart and competent. Overall though, he has little development at all. "Oh that Suigetsu, screwing it up" doesn't have the development needed to be a legitimate plot development.

Kishi was just looking for a way to recycle old characters-- Suigetsu got used because of the connection to Orochinaru, and because excess curiosity IS one of his established character traits.

I thought she learned sakura's technique just recently if not right during the battle when they showed a close up of her sharingan. Its like a rite of passage to copy someone's moves with your sharingan (rock lee vs sasuke).

I think Sarada's crazy to be upset over Karin potentially being her mom because finding out you have uzumaki DNA in naruto is like winning the lottery.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
I thought she learned sakura's technique just recently if not right during the battle when they showed a close up of her sharingan. Its like a rite of passage to copy someone's moves with your sharingan (rock lee vs sasuke).

I think Sarada's crazy to be upset over Karin potentially being her mom because finding out you have uzumaki DNA in naruto is like winning the lottery.
She doesn't know anything about Karen or her connection to the Uzumaki. She probably doesn't know anything about the Uzumaki clan except that the Hokage and Bolt are Uzumaki clan.

Fair enough. Although Sarada is a smart girl I assumed she was curious enough to read Karin's last name when she was staring at the computer screen at some point.

On an unrelated note I can't wait for the next anime episode when might guy fights madara. Been wanting to see that fight animated for a while.

Did they finally stop it with the shovelware trash filler episodes and are moving on to guy vs Madara finally? Agreed I've been waiting for it to come out in the anime as well, great fight in the manga so hopefully the anime will do it justice (unlike the horrid animation that ruined nine tales Naruto vs Pain).

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fair enough. Although Sarada is a smart girl I assumed she was curious enough to read Karin's last name when she was staring at the computer screen at some point.

On an unrelated note I can't wait for the next anime episode when might guy fights madara. Been wanting to see that fight animated for a while.
Eh Karin's last name was never revealed. Just because you have Uzumaki or Uchiha DNA doesn't necessarily mean thats they're last name. Nagato had the Uzumaki chakra too did he not?

Eh Karin's last name was never revealed. Just because you have Uzumaki or Uchiha DNA doesn't necessarily mean thats they're last name. Nagato had the Uzumaki chakra too did he not?
But Kabuto knew when he was explaining to Sasuke where his power come from in his snake form. He told sasuke she was an uzumaki. Are you saying that Kabuto (who's duty was to collect information on people) probably had no role in compiling that database that suigetsu used for the DNA test?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
But Kabuto knew when he was explaining to Sasuke where his power come from in his snake form. He told sasuke she was an uzumaki. Are you saying that Kabuto (who's duty was to collect information on people) probably had no role in compiling that database that suigetsu used for the DNA test?
Eh I would've thought if Sarada did see it she'd be like Uzumaki.... like the 7th?​

Called it, even if it was predictable. Suigetsu is lame.

Also, the idea of Kabuto being foster dad to many Shins is...kinda scary...if he wants to turn evil that's a good start for an army of sharingan users...

Hopefully the proper series will come out soon. Ok gaiden chapter overall.

Also, the idea of Kabuto being foster dad to many Shins is...kinda scary...if he wants to turn evil that's a good start for an army of sharingan users...

Naruto will never go back to the proper series now that everything is dependent upon eyes and clan name, I mean seriously kishimoto, make a new villain that has some decent back story and don't keep throwing out overpowered antagonists. We could use more close combat fights like we had with Obito vs. Kakashi that had meaning and not some randoms popping out of no where like we did with the Last movie shooting beams everywhere.

Spoiler:
Here we most likely have yet another Ōtsutsuki as represented by the exact same eyes, color, and eyebrows as Kaguya

Last edited:

Chou Toshio

Over9000

Just because Kishi makes very poor choices (in story telling) doesn't mean they're not poor choices...

Very lame ending over all from a story perspective... and even a fan-boy perspective, seeing Kishi end up actually missing out on the potential to make Karin super-uber (I mean a half Uchiha-half Uzumaki female with pure strains from both? would be ridic). Ironically this means Bolt now gets to have the best genes in the series. :<

I think you could make a decent Naruto ninja manga again, as long as you distanced yourself from Naruto himself, as well as Sasuke. The thing is that the two of them are way too powerful, nothing you could throw at them would be interesting or believable. If you wanted to write a good Naruto-verse Manga, you'd probably be best off distancing yourself from them, and from their kids-- maybe not write a manga about Konoha in general, so you can get away from writing characters that are just minis of ones that already exist (and therefore are boring as hell, or potentially over-powered as hell like Bolt).

If you got away from Naruto/Sasuke and went back down to the story-level that existed around and at the end of the Chuunin exam, you'd probably have something people would be really interested in reading-- since people were really interested in reading more the story of Naruto's life/career as a Ninja going forward, until the story blew up into trying-way-too-hard-to-be-epic from there. ;/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)