• No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Approved by National Dex council
Hosted by Solaros & Lunaris and Aurodian
Format stolen from previous teambuilding competition thread
Art by leil
NatDex OU Teambuilding Competition
32DC3DCB-F33B-419B-9BCC-77197C27A475.png

Rules:
  1. Entry submission: Post team in the thread itself with import and explanation in hide tags. Please, when you are submitting a team, try not to slash movesets / items in the importable. The finished product should be the build you are most confident in. It is fine to do minor set changes throughout the week, but if you want to give an option for one of your Pokemon, note it in the Explanation instead. Make sure the team you post are according to the Pokémon, Core or Theme of the Week: or else you’ll obviously get disqualified. Joke teams will also be disqualified. If you'd like to submit an idea for a Theme, don't be afraid to PM me through Smogon.
  2. Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. If you are caught doing this there is a high possibility you will not be allowed to post in the building stage for an indefinite amount of time.
  3. Discussion and team changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  4. Clean and Tidy: I'd like to keep the thread as clean and uniform as possible, as for ease of browsing, so this means keep formatting consistent, using the provided links for sprites and avoid posting one liners during the submission phase.
  5. Sprites: Please use this sprite option below:
  6. Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). You cannot vote if you made a team. If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
HALL OF FAME

NOTE: These teams were made before the Isle of Armor DLC, and thus are outdated.

Cycle 1::dragapult:

Cycle 2::hippowdon:

Cycle 3::tapu-lele:

Cycle 4::magearna:

Cycle 5::gengar:

Cycle 6::lopunny-mega:

Cycle 7: :kyurem:

Cycle 8: :serperior:

Cycle 9: :nidoking:

Cycle 10: :volcarona:

Cycle 11: :tyranitar: :tyranitar-mega:

Cycle 12: :kommo-o:

Cycle 13: :aegislash:

Note: The following teams were built prior to the Crown Tundra DLC, and thus are outdated.

Cycle 14: :terrakion:

Cycle 15: :dragapult:

Cycle 16: :cinderace:

Cycle 17: :reuniclus:

Cycle 18: :marowak-alola:

Cycle 19: :rillaboom:

Cycle 20: :infernape: (UU)

Cycle 21: :greninja:

Cycle 22: :gallade-mega:

Cycle 23: :latias-mega:

Cycle 24: :blissey:

Cycle 25: :grimmsnarl: (UU)

Cycle 26: :dracovish:

Cycle 27: :garchomp:

Cycle 28: :heatran:

Cycle 29: :mawile-mega:

Cycle 30: :porygon-z: (UU)

Cycle 31: :tapu-koko:

Cycle 32: :melmetal:

Cycle 33: :medicham-mega:

Cycle 34: :aegislash:

Cycle 35: :zapdos-galar: (UU)

Cycle 36: :spectrier:

Cycle 37: :weavile:

Cycle 38: :hydreigon:

Cycle 39: :magearna:

NuttyRabbit: 13
Ryuji-Sempai: 7
Chazm: 5
Sevelon: 4
Pannuracotta: 2
Dragonpiley007: 1
Funbot28: 1
Jho: 1
R8bbit Konijn Lapin: 1
Robot7620: 1
SputnikGT: 1
TFCP: 1
yugon.exe: 1

Last edited:
:darmanitan-galar::dragapult::tapu-fini::tangrowth::metagross-mega::kartana:
A different take on fini tang
So I actually built this team for someone in the smogoncord who had a pretty lacklustre team that had the core of Darmanitan + Dragapult which i rebuilt into this. Darmanitan + Electrium Z Dragapult is a pretty hot core as Dragapult can lure in Tapu-Fini and wear it down easily for Darmanitan to do its thing later. Using Dragapult my main concern is always Mega Tyranitar, so pairing a U-turn Dragapult with 1 or more Tyranitar abuser is something I always prefer. Here we use Mega Metagross and Kartana; Mega Metagross because I needed Stealth Rock and a Mega slot, and Kartana because it is pretty good at working in tandem with Mega Metagross in order to break things such as Helmet Tangrowth / Corviknight / etc.
Of course Zygarde is an option in Kartana's slot to improve some matchups (such as Heatran for example) but I got a bit tired of it and Kartana acts as a decent soft check to Zyg/Meta cores and the Heatran matchup is still fine with it. Lastly, I added Fini and Tangrowth just because it is the simplest way to sure up the Blastoise and Zygarde/Metagross matchups for these types of teams super efficiently whilst also giving me the hazard removal I needed.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Double Dragon Balance with SubDisable Dragapult

:ss/dragapult::ss/gastrodon::ss/rotom-heat::ss/corviknight::ss/landorus-therian::ss/charizard-mega-x:

Pokepaste access by clicking the mons
I originally started using SubDisable Pult as an experiment to sit on Choice Band Zygarde and just barely check Mega Metagross. It turns out that the thing is actually pretty spicy anyway and can really shut down a bunch of notable defensive Pokemon while also spreading burns like there is no tomorrow. I paired this with a solid defensive core of Rotom-H+Gastrodon+Corviknight which is significantly better now that there isn't a snake running around. Rotom-H also packs Discharge instead of HP Ice to spread paralysis and make Dragapult's job easier, while it doesn't miss out on too much now outside of Garchomp, which Pult can cripple with a burn, and opposing Dragapult, which hates Gastrodon. Offensive Stealth Rock+Z Move Landorus is there as well. Rockium is still my favorite Z-Move on that set so you can boost up and threaten Defoggers like Corviknight, Zapdos, and Rotom-W instead of being walled by them, as well as also hitting Rotom-H, which is an annoyance for DClaw-less Mega Zard XFinally, MegaZard X is there as the late game sweeper, and quite frankly a lot of teams just aren't equipped to deal with this thing outside of Slowbro and Rotom-H, both of which this team is equipped to handle.

Solaros & Lunaris

And the submission phase has ended! Let’s take a look at the teams

Team A by Jho
:darmanitan-galar: :dragapult: :tapu-fini: :tangrowth: :metagross-mega: :kartana:
So I actually built this team for someone in the smogoncord who had a pretty lacklustre team that had the core of Darmanitan + Dragapult which i rebuilt into this. Darmanitan + Electrium Z Dragapult is a pretty hot core as Dragapult can lure in Tapu-Fini and wear it down easily for Darmanitan to do its thing later. Using Dragapult my main concern is always Mega Tyranitar, so pairing a U-turn Dragapult with 1 or more Tyranitar abuser is something I always prefer. Here we use Mega Metagross and Kartana; Mega Metagross because I needed Stealth Rock and a Mega slot, and Kartana because it is pretty good at working in tandem with Mega Metagross in order to break things such as Helmet Tangrowth / Corviknight / etc.
Of course Zygarde is an option in Kartana's slot to improve some matchups (such as Heatran for example) but I got a bit tired of it and Kartana acts as a decent soft check to Zyg/Meta cores and the Heatran matchup is still fine with it. Lastly, I added Fini and Tangrowth just because it is the simplest way to sure up the Blastoise and Zygarde/Metagross matchups for these types of teams super efficiently whilst also giving me the hazard removal I needed.

Team B by SputnikGT
:dragapult: :gastrodon: :rotom-heat: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :charizard-mega-x:
I originally started using SubDisable Pult as an experiment to sit on Choice Band Zygarde and just barely check Mega Metagross. It turns out that the thing is actually pretty spicy anyway and can really shut down a bunch of notable defensive Pokemon while also spreading burns like there is no tomorrow. I paired this with a solid defensive core of Rotom-H+Gastrodon+Corviknight which is significantly better now that there isn't a snake running around. Rotom-H also packs Discharge instead of HP Ice to spread paralysis and make Dragapult's job easier, while it doesn't miss out on too much now outside of Garchomp, which Pult can cripple with a burn, and opposing Dragapult, which hates Gastrodon. Offensive Stealth Rock+Z Move Landorus is there as well. Rockium is still my favorite Z-Move on that set so you can boost up and threaten Defoggers like Corviknight, Zapdos, and Rotom-W instead of being walled by them, as well as also hitting Rotom-H, which is an annoyance for DClaw-less Mega Zard XFinally, MegaZard X is there as the late game sweeper, and quite frankly a lot of teams just aren't equipped to deal with this thing outside of Slowbro and Rotom-H, both of which this team is equipped to handle.

The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

Voting will end on 3/23 at 11:59 PM GMT

Last edited:
When comparing the two teams and doing some theory crafting... I have to admit that these two teams are nasty and dangerous without the right mons to check each mon on the team. When it comes to the first team, its a fast team with a lot of speed control, a good amount of breakers with a good set of balancing too. Each mon having their roles and Dragapult being a nasty tech option that can do some heavy damage and kill certain mons like toxipex, other finis and general water types in general. Jho's team is over all a solid threat if running into it in the ladder. On top of that, the most unique member would be a choice banded kartana which does a heavy amount of damage to general walls in the tier. However, a good dragon dance user with the right moves can eat this team alive. The lack of priority moves does hinder this team as well. Mega Metagross's set is an interesting mon that not only scares out general mons but also sets up stealth rock with the ability to boost its attacks. This is a solid and lethal team but there could be some improvements such as the use of a magnezone to stop mons like corviknight and ferrothorn. Scarf Darmanitan is going to monster on this team. But once Tapu Fini is gone, Mega blastoise east this team alive. Along with stealth rocks limiting G-Darmanitan's time on the field.

The second team got me by surprise since I do love using Zard X but I am still learning as a player and improving on my skills. Despite the different looks, this team is solid. Gastrodon deals with electrics along with mega blastoise though the lack of any way to get rid of blastoise's stat boost is scary. The Landorus-Therian set is a more better defensive version of the Rockium Z Garchomp set and its brilliant due to landorus's higher attack in return of slower speed and Intimidate! Corviknight is a consistent mon but due to the way the meta is tanks to mega metagross, I would put more investments into Corviknight's physical defense. Rotom Heat is a interesting pick and can act as a special sweeper. I don't have much for this set but I can see the potential it brings. Dragapult on this team gives more speed control but its a more long lasting dragapult and can do more in the long run. Last but not least, Mega Zard X and this mon is packing the gen 7 heat with the DD D-clawless set. Its effective and its dangerous once its postion with the U-turn and volt switch support.

After thinking about it and looking this over... SputnikGT's team in unorthodox, effective knowing his play style and nasty. However, in my personal experience and seeing how the team is. It needs some adjustments. Rotom Heat being on the team is an odd choice but I can understand why to a degree since G-Darmanitan does nasty damage. Jho's team is a meta team with some unique twists that can deal with the ladder but in a more offensive way. The lack of prioirty and having a break down if Fini gets killed early is a fundamental flaw but its an effective team. As much as I want to say GT's team is better then Jho's the reality of what I can see is when it comes do dealing with the threats of the meta. Jho's team has my vote. A>B for now.

A>B

I'll be voting for Jho's team as it's a perfect example for a meta team of the FiniTang archetype, while making perfect use of Pult. SputnikGT's team, while admirable, could use a bit of revision and has a couple crippling issues that can make it unfavorable, namely the inability to reliably deal with Mega Blastoise and Darm-G, as Gastrodon can't really 1v1 a boosted MegaToise, getting 2HKOED by a +2 Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere while not even 2HKOing back at -1 with Earth Power, and the other teammates just get walloped due to their inability to pivot around it. Darm-G is a bit easier to deal with, but not too much easier, as Corviknight does not appreciate being slapped by Flare Blitz, and Rotom-Heat's lack of defensive investment and Pain Split means it too cannot check Darm-G, who does up to 50% with IC despite the resist. While yes, the FiniTang team can also have this issue if Fini dies early on, it's more likely to succeed in the current meta.

Sputnik

is a Contributor Alumnus
Hippowdon with Mega Lopunny and Gengar
:ss/hippowdon::ss/greninja-ash::ss/lopunny-mega::ss/corviknight::ss/darmanitan-galar::ss/gengar:

Click on the above mons for the Pokepaste
I'm honestly not a big fan of Hippowdon, but this is the best I got out of it. The EVs allow it to avoid the 2HKO from anything Mega Metagross throws at it, while the rest if dumped into SpDef to take on thinks like Rotom-H a bit better. The fast duo of Ash-Greninja and Mega Lopunny puts the offensive pressure on, and they give me some insurance against opposing Ash-Greninja. Corviknight has decent defensive synergy with Hippowdon and provides Defog support. GDarm is there to hit stupidly hard and support Lopunny and Gren potentially cleaning up late game. Finally, Gengar is there to dumpster most stalls and give me another fast breaker. It's definitely a funky team but there it is.

Last edited:

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
Hippo+Drill Sand Balance

:ss/Hippowdon: :ss/Excadrill: :ss/Rotom-Heat: :ss/Tapu Fini: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Greninja-Ash:
Click on the team for the Pokepaste

This is actually the first time I've ever done one of these, and it was a rather interesting challenge, given that I've rarely, if ever used Hippowdon. Despite that I think I came up with something pretty decent, albeit it'll need a bit more testing first

Seeing as my favorite playstyle is offense, I opted to go for the obvious route of taking advantage of Hippo's ability to set sand and paired it with Excadrill. Hippo's EVs are a spread borrowed from SputnikGT that allow it to take just about anything Mega-Meta can throw at it while dumping the rest in Spdef to maximize its bulk. Excadrill is my main wincon , with SD and Steelium Z helping it break as much as possible, and Rapid Spin removing hazards as well as helping it potentially sweep even outside of Sand. Rotom-Heat is my secondary wincon that helps break open defensive cores for Drill to sweep as well as serving as a soft check to the likes of G-darm. The speed EVs help it creep Gyarados while also maximizing both bulk and power. Tapu Fini serves as both my Ash-Gren and Mega Blastoise check as well as being a decent stallbreaker with Taunt+ Nature's Madness. Corviknight rounds out the defensive core through serving as a nice Grass and Psychic resist as well as as secondary Mega Meta check and secondary hazard remover. A slow U-turn is also useful to help pivot into my breakers. Finally, Ash-Greninja rounds out the offensive core by providing an offensive check to opposing Rotoms and helping to break open opposing teams to facilitate a Drill sweep or even a sweep in its own right.

Looking back on the team, it seemed to develop more into a balance team than the offense I originally intended it to be. Even still, I think it turned out rather okay in spite of that.

Shoutouts to the people in the Natdex Discord for providing useful feedback on the team, including Solaros & Lunaris and SputnikGT

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

And the submission phase has ended! Here are the teams

Team A by SputnikGT
:hippowdon: :greninja-ash: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight: :darmanitan-galar: :gengar:
I'm honestly not a big fan of Hippowdon, but this is the best I got out of it. The EVs allow it to avoid the 2HKO from anything Mega Metagross throws at it, while the rest if dumped into SpDef to take on thinks like Rotom-H a bit better. The fast duo of Ash-Greninja and Mega Lopunny puts the offensive pressure on. Corviknight has decent defensive synergy with Hippowdon and provides Defog support. GDarm is there to hit stupidly hard and support Lopunny and Gren potentially cleaning up late game. Finally, Gengar is there to dumpster most stalls and give me another fast breaker. It's definitely a funky team but there it is.

Team B by NuttyRabbit
:hippowdon: :excadrill: :rotom-heat: :tapu-fini: :corviknight: :greninja-ash:
Seeing as my favorite playstyle is offense, I opted to go for the obvious route of taking advantage of Hippo's ability to set sand and paired it with Excadrill. Hippo's EVs are a spread borrowed from SputnikGT that allow it to take just about anything Mega-Meta can throw at it while dumping the rest in Spdef to maximize its bulk. Excadrill is my main wincon , with SD and Steelium Z helping it break as much as possible, and Rapid Spin removing hazards as well as helping it potentially sweep even outside of Sand. Rotom-Heat is my secondary wincon that helps break open defensive cores for Drill to sweep as well as serving as a soft check to the likes of G-darm. The speed EVs help it creep Gyarados while also maximizing both bulk and power. Tapu Fini serves as both my Ash-Gren and Mega Blastoise check as well as being a decent stallbreaker with Taunt+ Nature's Madness. Corviknight rounds out the defensive core through serving as a nice Grass and Psychic resist as well as as secondary Mega Meta check and secondary hazard remover. A slow U-turn is also useful to help pivot into my breakers. Finally, Ash-Greninja rounds out the offensive core by providing an offensive check to opposing Rotoms and helping to break open opposing teams to facilitate a Drill sweep or even a sweep in its own right.

The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

Voting will end on 3/30 at 11:59 PM GMT

Ok, Ok, Ok. Hippowdon is the mon of the day? Well alright. Time to crack a can of analyzing and see the big picture. I don't have much to say for hippowdon but I do have a lot to say about the two teams. The fact that SputnikGT's team has a mega evolution and a Z move user makes his team the all the more threating when facing it. Compared to the defensive core that NuttyRabbit provides while being able to handle dragons better and be able to put down mega blastoise due to tapu fini. When it comes to Sputnik's Team, it is clear that not only he has speed control but priority in order to prevent mons not only from setting up but also to take down mons that have already set up such as mega blastoise. Not only that, he also has a good physical defensive core that can handle most attackers except for ash gren which does tear this team apart. Z-gengar is a mon that is unexpected but when up against the right mon, it is devastating against mons such as ferrothorn that lacks knock off or gyro. Corviknight U-turns along with with Choice Banded Galarian Darmanitan and geez... that U-turn damage is going to be insane in general. Double U-turn is going to be good when it comes to pivoting around. My gripe for his team is that Fightium Z would be a better move for getting rid of steels but ghostium Z is a good idea due to aegislash and gengar having stab and nasty plot. Also, Ash gren is going t do ash gren stuff and its good at it. GT's team is an effective offensive power house with great speed and power along with a decent defense.

NuttyRabbit's team is a team that I don't see every day. A team that doesn't have a mega evolved pokemon. Ususally, stall would be enacting this play style if mega sablye is not needed. A mega at first would benefit this team but then I start to realize how effective it is as a team. Excadrill being the Z mon is not unexpected but it is a good mon to have and its success as a sweeper depends on whether or not it is under sand. Rotom heat is going to be great on a team like this along with tapu fini so that it now can get in safely and deal with mega blastoise. Ash gren is going to do more ash gren stuff and corviknight is going to do corviknight things. Over all, this team is a more unique way of doing things and is able to handle mega blastoise on the defensive end of battles.

As for my final judgement, both teams are very well though out and have their ups and downs. However, these are only my words and everyone should decide for themselves about which team is better. Over all, I believe Sputnik's team is more effective in a meta that requires you to have your own offensive threats in response to other threats, despite not having the best defenses and hippowdon on as a mon is its own thing in this meta and not in a good or bad manner. NuttyRabbit's team is good to have but if you don't have the offense to deal with mons in the meta, you won't last.
A>B

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
Specs Tapu Lele + Mega Metagross Balance

:ss/Tapu Lele: :ss/Metagross-Mega: :ss/Tangrowth: :ss/Greninja: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Kommo-o:

Click on the team above for the Pokepaste

Despite my love of both playing and building offense, I seem to be trending more towards balance for these. Regardless, Lele is a very fun Pokemon to build around, and as such, I had a lot of fun building and testing this team.

Upon opening the teambuilder, the first thing I thought of was pairing Lele with something that could make great use of the terrain it puts up, and thus I decided to pair it with the 2nd best mega in the tier atm: Mega Metagross, since not only does Mega Metagross appreciate the boost in power to its Zen Headbutt, but it also appreciates the protection from priority like Sucker Punch, Water Shuriken, etc. In addition, these two Pokemon can wear down or outright eliminate each other's defensive answers so that they can sweep.

Lele itself is the standard Specs set and Mega Metagross is the standard 4 attacks set with Hammer Arm in the last slot to take care of Ferrothorn and Kartana more easily, though you can easily put Earthquake over it to better deal with Aegislash and Heatran . I personally didn't seeing as the rest of my team can deal with those two mons quite effectively.

Seeing as I lacked a water and ground resist at this point, I opted to make my next member AV Tangrowth, as it can check Pokemon like Ash-Greninja, Dracovish, and most waters not named Mega Blastoise. Moveset and spread are pretty standard, I opted for HP Fire over HP Ice since I feel it's just plain better in this meta, though if you REALLLLLY hate Gliscor and Lando then I guess you could do that.

At this point I realized I lacked any sort of fire resist, speed control, and most of all, a Mega Blastoise/G-darm answer. As such, I decided to opt for Scarf Greninja in this slot as it does all of those things quite well from my experience. The moveset is pretty standard, with U-turn to provide momentum as well as smack Psychics and Darks, Ice Beam to smack Dragons, Grasses, and Flying types, Rock Slide to revenge G-Darm and kill Volc (It always kills Darm after rocks and Volc obviously dies), and Grass Knot to hit bulky waters and always revenge Mega Blastoise after a Shell Smash. The EV spread is one concocted by Mamoo that allows it to always kill Specs Dragapult after rocks with scarf Ice Beam while making U-turn and Rock Slide as strong as possible.

At this point, I had everything I needed except a defogger and a rocker. For the former, I chose Corviknight since it not only blanket checks many metagame threats like Kartana, Melmetal, Tapu Lele, Lando-T, and Mega Lopunny, but also pressures a lot of hazard setters and provides great synergy alongside Tangrowth. The set and spread are pretty standard, so no need to go super into detail about that

Finally, I decided upon Kommo-o as my last slot and as my rocker since it provided excellent role compression, not only giving me rocks, but also checking dangerous fire types like Heatran and Rotom-H as well as other physical attackers like Mega Lopunny, Dracovish and even Aegislash with Earthquake as well as rounding out my defensive core. Body Press is the STAB of choice, letting it hit just about anything that isn't immune to it decently hard, rocks are rocks, Earthquake lets it hit Pokemon like Dragapult and Aegislash, and finally Toxic lets it pressure switch-ins like Torn, Tang, etc, though you can slot Protect into this slot if you really want to get more Leftovers recovery and scout for coverage.

After testing this team out a bit, I've found it to be pretty consistent. It's not perfect, no team is, but it's a team I think it can show how well Tapu Lele can function in this current metagame. I will say Corviknight has the potential to be annoying to this team, so if you want, you can drop Focus Blast on Lele for Thunderbolt or even Thunder, but I don't think that's necessary.

Once again, shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for helping me with this, especially Mamoo , Solaros & Lunaris , SputnikGT and Zed Thom

Last edited:

Rose

formerly WrathoftheLeopard
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Z Tapu Lele Balance

:sm/tapu-lele: :sm/tangrowth: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/tapu-fini: :sm/greninja-ash: :sm/medicham-mega:

https://pokepast.es/54a5b442b2c4ea48

I originally planned on building psyspam so started with the classic lele-megazam core then added a mega metagross switchin, tangrowth. Zneon recommended fightinium z on lele to break tran and ferrothorn better and, upon further advice, decided to stray from the path of psyspam, removing alakazam. I wanted a rocker and an easier way to break av magearna so a landorus-therian was the next addition and obvious choice. It was then I noticed the galarian darmanitan weakness so defensive tapu fini came next. Next I wanted a special breaker with the raw power, settling on my go-to, ashgren. For the last slot I needed my mega and originally planned on using mega metagross until I realised that is what NuttyRabbit was using so the next best choice sprang to mind: mega medicham.

Waiting on mega metagross ban. Also I haven’t build for natdex since zygarde ban so sorry if this team isn’t up to standard.

Last edited:
Tapu Lele Hyper Offense

:ss/mew: :sm/tapu-lele: :sm/blastoise-mega: :ss/hydreigon: :sm/serperior: :ss/aegislash:
This team started with Tapu Lele + Mega Blastoise. With priority gone Mega Blastoise will now be able to sweep with ease. Hydreigon was then added as it gives this team a way to break many cores with ease. Serperior was then added as it gives this team a way to break stall. Rocky Helmet is a underrated tect as it means Chansey will be damaging it self when taunted. Magearna was looking to be a huge threat and I didn't want another Special Attacker so I went with Aegislash in the last slot. If psychic terrain isn't up then Aegislash to snipe something with priority.

Sputnik

is a Contributor Alumnus
Z Thunder Tapu Lele Balance
:ss/tapu lele::ss/lopunny-mega::ss/seismitoad::ss/tangrowth::ss/corviknight::ss/volcarona:

You can probably figure out where to click for the paste at this point.
So...Z-Thunder Lele. This initially started as an experiment to support Mega Blastoise by luring in Tapu Fini and nuking it, but it turned out to be really strange to shoehorn onto the same team, and then Sagis posted his own MegaToise/Lele squad, so I ditched that. Instead, I opted for another mon that appreciates the removal of standard bulky Waters, especially Fini: Bulky Volcarona. Bulkarona is also aided by the fact that Z-Thunder really hurts Heatran. Seismitoad is chosen as the bulky water to give me a "solid" secondary Mega Metagross check, because one is never enough, and I needed to fit Stealth Rock. AV Tang and Lop takes care of the other "hey lets ban this" mega, and Mega Lop also appreciates Lele nuking things like Slowbro. Lopunny and Volcarona also deal with Ferrothorn, who gives the team some grief otherwise because this Lele is totally walled by it. Corviknight rounds things out as the primary MegaGross check, a Defogger, and helps the team to pivot around GDarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)