• No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Congrats to Saladae for winning! Your team will be added to the Hall of Fame.

Cycle 23: Mega Latias
:ss/latias-mega:

While not a dominant force in the metagame, Mega Latias is a capable support Pokemon and wincon, using its typing and wide movepool to check Pokemon like Kartana, Heatran, Landorus-T, and Garchomp, set up Calm Mind, spread paralysis, pass Wishes or even Defog. How does it fit on your team?

Submissions end on 9/12 at 11:59 PM GMT​

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
CM Mega Latias + CM Rocks Clef Semi-Stall

:ss/Latias-Mega: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Gliscor: :ss/Toxapex: :ss/Blissey: :ss/Skarmory:
Click on the team above for the paste

I'm gonna keep it real with you all: this team took over an hour and a half to build and every single minute of it was not what I'd call fun. Mega Latias is the kind of Pokemon I don't use often, much less build around, but I figured that I'd take a shot at using it in a style I've seen it used quite successfully on in the past: semi-stall.

To be frank, building this was way harder than I thought and frankly I don't feel like going super in depth this time, so let's get into it

I chose to build with Calm Mind Mega Latias since it's the set I most closely associate this mon with and it seemed like the most fun to use and build around, since it takes advantage of its unique defensive capabilities and movepool to turn it into a surprisingly potent win condition. The spread maximizes its bulk, Psyshock is the STAB of choice, letting it not only with CM wars, but also hit stuff like Toxapex, Recover lets it heal, and Ice Beam lets it check the grasses, Garchomp and Gliscor.

Next up is CM Rocks Clefable, the team's secondary wincon, rocker, and primary check to Dragapult and Kyurem. I knew from the start I wanted to use CM Clef alongside Lati, since, after seeing the combo used so many times successfully in the past, it only seemed natural. Initially I was CM Flame Clef, but after much deliberation, decided to go the route of making it my rocker, since I not only had checks to the stuff CM Clef beats anyways, but it also freed up a slot on another Pokemon, making the team more defensively sturdy. Set and spread is pretty standard

Following that is SD Gliscor, the team's Heatran check and tertiary wincon. As before, I chose Gliscor because I've seen it used on these team archetypes in the past to great success, and I've found a lot of success with SD Gliscor in the past myself as well. It's an incredibly reliable defensive pivot, status blocker, and wincon all rolled into a single beautiful package. Set and spread are also really standard

4th up is Physdef Toxapex, the team's check to Dracovish and Cinderace and if needed, a pivot vs Mega Scizor and Greninja. Set and spread ensure that it basically never loses to them while also outspeeding all Reuniclus so I can haze them before they get crazy. Not much to really say here other than that it's pretty much just here for them and to provide the team with a generally solid pivot and way to spread poisons and burns

After that is Blissey, something I normally don't use, but helps provide the team with another solid pivot vs Ash-Gren and Pult, while also being the team's best way of handling stuff like Volcarona, Latis, Hydreigons, and other special attackers. Set and spread are pretty standard, Boots let it pivot around for free, and Toxic lets it just fuck up everything's day. Teleport is really just the icing on top, letting me escape wannabe trappers and helping me gain momentum.

Finally, rounding the team out is Skarmory. I chose Skarmory for a couple of reasons: 1. I really wanted Spikes on this team. 2. I really wanted a secondary check to Grasses. 3. I really, really needed a way to beat Mega Mawile. Skarmory fits perfectly for all of those roles thanks to its absurd physical bulk, access to reliable recovery and Spikes, and most notably, thanks to its spread, the ability to stonewall Mawile through outspeeding it and spamming Iron Defense+ Body Press. Skarmory is a pretty weird choice, one that I've never used before, but one I found to fit into this team perfectly. Plus, it also gives me SkarmBliss, and Skarmbliss is never a bad thing to have.

So that's the team. As a whole I think it's quite solid and despite the troubles I went through building it, I'm eager for people to try it out and to test it a bit more myself.

As always, shoutouts to the Natdex discord, mainly Sevelon , Chazm , and ESPECIALLY TheWeirdGastrodon , who was nothing but patient with me as he helped me fine tune this team into something workable and even testing it himself.

Last edited:
:latias-mega: :magearna: :hippowdon: :mantine: :cinderace: :blissey:
Latigear CM Spam

Given I've made quite a few successful Mega Latias builds, I decided to take this one a bit of a different route: to try and use some Pokemon I had never used in National Dex before. Hippowdon and particularly Mantine here are prime examples of this, Pokemon I've usually avoided due to problems with passivity.

First off, I started off with the core of CM MLatias + CM Split Magearna. These two tend to have different matchups as CM wincons but tend to do better vs the style that the other does not. As these two were threatened by 4a Cinderace and Mega Mawile, I decided compressing the two checks into a single slot would be worthwhile, by instead using Hippowdon over my usual pick, Gliscor. Initially, I fit a Toxapex on this team to deal with Cinderace and Dracovish, but because I had a Cinderace check already and was Heatran weak, I decided to go with a very incognito pick in Mantine over Toxapex. I also used an unusual variant of Cinderace to support Mega Latias - a Gunk Shot Bulk Up variant, which beats Slowbro and other toxic variants at the cost of a worse Heatran matchup. Finally, I asked in the ND cord about the final slot, and came to the conclusion that despite messing with the Medicham matchup, Blissey was a fine choice for the last member as it solved issues with Hydreigon and significantly lowered the pressure Heatran puts on the team.

:medicham-mega: This is arguably my biggest issue with the team as Blissey is fodder for Megacham and I do not have a hard answer to it. Playing around it with Hippowdon is likely the best bet as the least it can do is chip off 46% with Helmet + Sand.

:garchomp: (with Dragonium Z) If Garchomp reveals Dragonium Z on Latias I have to sack one mon as a result and revenge with Hippowdon / Cinderace. Not a common variant and certainly playable around with Blissey's Teleport and the pressure applyable by the rest of the team but it's a scary threat none-the-less.

:heatran: (Toxic + Taunt) Despite carrying three Heatran checks, Toxic + Taunt Heatran can give this team some heavy issues, and it requires chipping Heatran down with both Blissey and Mantine to work effectively. This also prevents me from getting through with Magearna and Latias-Mega easily.

:kyurem: Kyurem is irritating for this team as the check is Blissey and it can't really harm Kyurem behind a sub, but it is not too hard to retaliate back either with CM MLati or by stalling out Freeze-Dry PP with Magearna, Cinderace and Blissey.

Avery

Banned deucer.
Watch The Throne - Latias Balance

1599541109436.png
1599541122119.png
1599541131521.png
1599541140552.png
1599541151325.png
1599541163264.png

I chose Defog Latias since I feel like it's a lot more effective at helping its teammates, since it beats the 2 most common rockers right now. Magearna makes since next from a type synergy standpoint and also since Latias helps chip at Magearna's checks, allowing specs to snowball out of control over time. Heatran was my chosen rocker to fix my Volcarona hole and provide some extra insurance vs the likes of Spikes Ferrothorn. Tangrowth is the AshGren and Rillaboom check, hence Sludge Bomb. Bunker Toxapex deals with Dracovish and forces 50/50s with Z Move Cinderace. Lando-T revenges Hydreigon and Cinderace, which are traits I really enjoyed having here.

1599541466592.png
- Forces Tias to Roost and can wear down Lando pretty easily over time.

1599541549323.png
- You better hope it gets chipped by rocks into U-Turn range, otherwise its a little tough to handle

Not big but Toxic Tran and 4a (U-Turn HJK Gunk Zen specifically) Cinderace put in some work

Mega Latias and Gliscor (Some God Play's sample but changed)

https://pokepast.es/ff94b156e46783dd

This is the first time I've made any kind of post on Smogon so I hope this won't be trash. Heres the description:

Mega Latias has psyshock so it can win a setup war against magearna and volcarona (yes its that bulky) and ice beam is to revenge kill lando chomp and glisc. I don't think there's any more explaining that should be done.

Gliscor is the normal thing but with 24 speed instead of 20 speed to outspeed tapu fini. Again, don't really think there's any need to explain anything else about it.

Clefable is the rocker because it can kinda handle kyurem and dragon dance dragapult. And other rockers will double up on weaknesses. Clef has moonblast, stealth rock, and soft-boiled for obvious reasons with thunderwave because para is nice versus pretty much anything and it helps gliscor and latias outspeed more stuff.

Toxapex is here because it counters a whole lot of stuff and baneful bunker pex is one of the best ways of dealing with the acevish core thats really good right now. It also checks and/or counters a lot of other stuff too like mega lopunny, non earthquake zard x, zard y, some variants of kommo-o, blacephalon, hawlucha, and melmetal.

Magnezone is here because it traps mega scizor, corviknight, and skarmory which can be problematic for mega latias and gliscor. Scizor can wall latias and threaten to u-turn, and corv and skarm wall gliscor. Zone traps them and gets free subs off of them.

Landorus is great at role compression. It's here because it is speed control and defog. It's not really the best defogger but it's still kinda decent. It also hits very hard and has u-turn to be a pivot.

Clef can kinda handle kyu but it isn't really the most reliable counter.

Mega pinsir is a big threat to this team since after it swords dances not really anything on the team can kill it except for maybe mega latias who might live a return.

Latias is the only counter I have to this thing and latias hates taking u-turns or knock offs.

Boltbeam magearna kinda destroys this if latias gets taken out or if it gets boosts.

If tapu lele gets one correct focus blast predictionthis team is kinda screwed.

Thats all I can think of right now but there might be more idk

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
You can/cannot teach a old dog new tricks- Mega latias Balance

:ss/latias-mega: :ss/clefable: :ss/toxapex: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/greninja-ash: :ss/gliscor:

This team was inspired from a old gen 7 OU team with sets updated to suit for the current meta. There are weak points here and there but all in all a solid team.

Team's objective overall was to reflect setup spam as it's main wincon and in playing it I've successfully done this. Between gliscor and mega latias alone would be enough to break teams heavily and potentially sweep. There are also toxapex and ferrothorn to help give the team a more solid backbone and together defend against dracovish. Toxapex's toxic spikes are very essential as it let's breaking all the more easier and chipping down threats. Ash-greninja is here to offer unnecessary speed control along with some nice priority and more breaking power. Clefable serves more of a backup set-up mon that can easily sweep in certain matchups.

A few members that can have varying sets. The team does have no removal and I would've put removal on mega latias or gliscor but I really wanted to stick to the set-up sweeping feel of them. The team isn't necessarily bad vs stealth rock but can be a bit tough with spikes on certain builds, but I normally don't try to let the opponent hazard stack on me and instead focus on bringing down my set-up sweepers.

A few threats that I managed to survive barely with the team. Dragapult was quite troublesome where I had to sack a pokemon to z-phantom force but it wasn't hard to comeback given that deficit given the team's wincon. Volcarona is also another threat but can be played around given the coverage of it. Most of the time I find myself using gliscor to chip it down for greninja to revenge. A safer option would be to switch defensive roles between toxapex and ferrothorn so toxapex can take hits easier and haze it down. This would also mean trading toxic spikes for toxic.

This team may have a few noticeable weak spots but I mostly play around them and of course the team can be changed to fix these few weak spots. The main thing of course was to have fun with the set-up and by extension sweep. It overall has a more fun feel than a viable feel but still a solid team overall.

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Mega latias balance
Paste
:Sm/latias-mega: :sm/ferrothorn: :sm/togekiss: :sm/gastrodon: :sm/umbreon: :sm/heatran:

Tbh building this was actual hell for me because i hate mega latias with a burning passion, as such this team as well as this post will be a little lower effort, sorry about that.

:latias-mega: First we have Mega-Latias. Being honest with you i would've never built around this mon unless it was for this team building comp because i absolutely hate Mega latias. The only thing you can do with this mon is build boring balance squads i dont really find that fun, as such i tried to make this balance squad a tiny bit more unique with some off-meta picks. As for latias itself its just a simple cm set, nothing interesting.

:ferrothorn: next i have ferrothorn because it has a very nice synergy with Latias, being able to set up spikes to help it pick up kos and crippling its checks such as blissey or chansey, it can also take hits from pursuit trappers like tyranitar or weavile if needed.

:togekiss: Togekiss is literally just here because i wanted a fairy type but if i used clefable this team wouldve been so standard it would make me feel ill, its spread is for outspeeding Mega-Lopunny after its been paralyzed with the defense investment to tank hits from rillaboom or hawlucha.

:gastrodon: Gastrodon is here so i dont get overwhelmed by dracovish or gren, scald burns also help lati be able to set up on physical attackers.

:umbreon: umbreon is here because togekiss is a bad Dark resist and because i wanted a mon with heal bell due to how weak this team is to status

:heatran: heatran is here because i wanted to complete the fire water grass core and also it helps check steels and fairies id otherwise struggle with

Overall not the best team ever made. S/o to blujay for helping me test as always. Also go listen to rude α's album 23 its where i got the nicks from

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
WISH TIAS + CM MANAPHY SEMI-STALL

:ss/latias-mega::ss/clefable::ss/ferrothorn::ss/gliscor::ss/manaphy::ss/moltres:

Quite solid, never lost a game with it when I was testing :)

For this build, I started with a very specific CM Mana. The repart was made to stomac easily DVish, Band or Scarf. Rain Dance + Rest is incredible for dealing with stall team, and Scald is my main STAB. If you don't like Mana, you can use Cun instead with CM Rest.
Then came Clef, as I needed a rock setter. Then I though that T-Wave was a great slot on Clef, and that I could build a Para Spam to improve Mana's MU against more offensive team. Tias and Ferro came then. Ferro to handle stuff like Zam and Lele and Tias for his great synergie with Clef and Ferro. I use Wish on T-Wave, since I wanted to help Ferro and gave him a better Staying Power to check more easily gren. For the detail, Shed Shell is here to avoid trap from zone, so this is why you need to be careful and avoid being koff.
Then Gliscor came, because I needed something to break Pex quite easily and absorb statues for Tias. The repart was made to outspeed 254-5-6 Zapdos. Finally I needed a Rilla and Ace check, so Moltres came. The repart aloud you to avoid being 2HKOed by Gunk Shot with a poisoned Moltres.
There's few difficult MU like Lele and Zard X, but with T-Wave and hazard Spam, it become quite easy to handle them.

Solaros & Lunaris

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Submissions are over! The teams are....

Team A by NuttyRabbit
:latias-mega: :clefable: :gliscor: :toxapex: :blissey: :skarmory:
I chose to build with Calm Mind Mega Latias since it's the set I most closely associate this mon with and it seemed like the most fun to use and build around, since it takes advantage of its unique defensive capabilities and movepool to turn it into a surprisingly potent win condition. The spread maximizes its bulk, Psyshock is the STAB of choice, letting it not only with CM wars, but also hit stuff like Toxapex, Recover lets it heal, and Ice Beam lets it check the grasses, Garchomp and Gliscor.

Next up is CM Rocks Clefable, the team's secondary wincon, rocker, and primary check to Dragapult and Kyurem. I knew from the start I wanted to use CM Clef alongside Lati, since, after seeing the combo used so many times successfully in the past, it only seemed natural. Initially I was CM Flame Clef, but after much deliberation, decided to go the route of making it my rocker, since I not only had checks to the stuff CM Clef beats anyways, but it also freed up a slot on another Pokemon, making the team more defensively sturdy. Set and spread is pretty standard

Following that is SD Gliscor, the team's Heatran check and tertiary wincon. As before, I chose Gliscor because I've seen it used on these team archetypes in the past to great success, and I've found a lot of success with SD Gliscor in the past myself as well. It's an incredibly reliable defensive pivot, status blocker, and wincon all rolled into a single beautiful package. Set and spread are also really standard

4th up is Physdef Toxapex, the team's check to Dracovish and Cinderace and if needed, a pivot vs Mega Scizor and Greninja. Set and spread ensure that it basically never loses to them while also outspeeding all Reuniclus so I can haze them before they get crazy. Not much to really say here other than that it's pretty much just here for them and to provide the team with a generally solid pivot and way to spread poisons and burns

After that is Blissey, something I normally don't use, but helps provide the team with another solid pivot vs Ash-Gren and Pult, while also being the team's best way of handling stuff like Volcarona, Latis, Hydreigons, and other special attackers. Set and spread are pretty standard, Boots let it pivot around for free, and Toxic lets it just fuck up everything's day. Teleport is really just the icing on top, letting me escape wannabe trappers and helping me gain momentum.

Finally, rounding the team out is Skarmory. I chose Skarmory for a couple of reasons: 1. I really wanted Spikes on this team. 2. I really wanted a secondary check to Grasses. 3. I really, really needed a way to beat Mega Mawile. Skarmory fits perfectly for all of those roles thanks to its absurd physical bulk, access to reliable recovery and Spikes, and most notably, thanks to its spread, the ability to stonewall Mawile through outspeeding it and spamming Iron Defense+ Body Press. Skarmory is a pretty weird choice, one that I've never used before, but one I found to fit into this team perfectly. Plus, it also gives me SkarmBliss, and Skarmbliss is never a bad thing to have.

Team B by Chazm
:latias-mega: :magearna: :hippowdon: :mantine: :cinderace: :blissey:
First off, I started off with the core of CM MLatias + CM Split Magearna. These two tend to have different matchups as CM wincons but tend to do better vs the style that the other does not. As these two were threatened by 4a Cinderace and Mega Mawile, I decided compressing the two checks into a single slot would be worthwhile, by instead using Hippowdon over my usual pick, Gliscor. Initially, I fit a Toxapex on this team to deal with Cinderace and Dracovish, but because I had a Cinderace check already and was Heatran weak, I decided to go with a very incognito pick in Mantine over Toxapex. I also used an unusual variant of Cinderace to support Mega Latias - a Gunk Shot Bulk Up variant, which beats Slowbro and other toxic variants at the cost of a worse Heatran matchup. Finally, I asked in the ND cord about the final slot, and came to the conclusion that despite messing with the Medicham matchup, Blissey was a fine choice for the last member as it solved issues with Hydreigon and significantly lowered the pressure Heatran puts on the team.

:medicham-mega: This is arguably my biggest issue with the team as Blissey is fodder for Megacham and I do not have a hard answer to it. Playing around it with Hippowdon is likely the best bet as the least it can do is chip off 46% with Helmet + Sand.

:garchomp: (with Dragonium Z) If Garchomp reveals Dragonium Z on Latias I have to sack one mon as a result and revenge with Hippowdon / Cinderace. Not a common variant and certainly playable around with Blissey's Teleport and the pressure applyable by the rest of the team but it's a scary threat none-the-less.

:heatran: (Toxic + Taunt) Despite carrying three Heatran checks, Toxic + Taunt Heatran can give this team some heavy issues, and it requires chipping Heatran down with both Blissey and Mantine to work effectively. This also prevents me from getting through with Magearna and Latias-Mega easily.

:kyurem: Kyurem is irritating for this team as the check is Blissey and it can't really harm Kyurem behind a sub, but it is not too hard to retaliate back either with CM MLati or by stalling out Freeze-Dry PP with Magearna, Cinderace and Blissey.

Team C by Sevelon
:latias-mega: :magearna: :heatran: :tangrowth: :toxapex: :landorus-therian:
I chose Defog Latias since I feel like it's a lot more effective at helping its teammates, since it beats the 2 most common rockers right now. Magearna makes since next from a type synergy standpoint and also since Latias helps chip at Magearna's checks, allowing specs to snowball out of control over time. Heatran was my chosen rocker to fix my Volcarona hole and provide some extra insurance vs the likes of Spikes Ferrothorn. Tangrowth is the AshGren and Rillaboom check, hence Sludge Bomb. Bunker Toxapex deals with Dracovish and forces 50/50s with Z Move Cinderace. Lando-T revenges Hydreigon and Cinderace, which are traits I really enjoyed having here.

1599541466592.png

- Forces Tias to Roost and can wear down Lando pretty easily over time.

1599541549323.png

- You better hope it gets chipped by rocks into U-Turn range, otherwise its a little tough to handle

Not big but Toxic Tran and 4a (U-Turn HJK Gunk Zen specifically) Cinderace put in some work

Team D by FireFern
:latias-mega: :gliscor: :clefable: :landorus-therian: :toxapex: :magnezone:
Mega Latias has psyshock so it can win a setup war against magearna and volcarona (yes its that bulky) and ice beam is to revenge kill lando chomp and glisc. I don't think there's any more explaining that should be done.

Gliscor is the normal thing but with 24 speed instead of 20 speed to outspeed tapu fini. Again, don't really think there's any need to explain anything else about it.

Clefable is the rocker because it can kinda handle kyurem and dragon dance dragapult. And other rockers will double up on weaknesses. Clef has moonblast, stealth rock, and soft-boiled for obvious reasons with thunderwave because para is nice versus pretty much anything and it helps gliscor and latias outspeed more stuff.

Toxapex is here because it counters a whole lot of stuff and baneful bunker pex is one of the best ways of dealing with the acevish core thats really good right now. It also checks and/or counters a lot of other stuff too like mega lopunny, non earthquake zard x, zard y, some variants of kommo-o, blacephalon, hawlucha, and melmetal.

Magnezone is here because it traps mega scizor, corviknight, and skarmory which can be problematic for mega latias and gliscor. Scizor can wall latias and threaten to u-turn, and corv and skarm wall gliscor. Zone traps them and gets free subs off of them.

Landorus is great at role compression. It's here because it is speed control and defog. It's not really the best defogger but it's still kinda decent. It also hits very hard and has u-turn to be a pivot.

Clef can kinda handle kyu but it isn't really the most reliable counter.

Mega pinsir is a big threat to this team since after it swords dances not really anything on the team can kill it except for maybe mega latias who might live a return.

Latias is the only counter I have to this thing and latias hates taking u-turns or knock offs.

Boltbeam magearna kinda destroys this if latias gets taken out or if it gets boosts.

If tapu lele gets one correct focus blast predictionthis team is kinda screwed.

Thats all I can think of right now but there might be more idk

Team E by Aurodian
:latias-mega: :clefable: :toxapex: :ferrothorn: :greninja-ash: :gliscor:
Team's objective overall was to reflect setup spam as it's main wincon and in playing it I've successfully done this. Between gliscor and mega latias alone would be enough to break teams heavily and potentially sweep. There are also toxapex and ferrothorn to help give the team a more solid backbone and together defend against dracovish. Toxapex's toxic spikes are very essential as it let's breaking all the more easier and chipping down threats. Ash-greninja is here to offer unnecessary speed control along with some nice priority and more breaking power. Clefable serves more of a backup set-up mon that can easily sweep in certain matchups.

A few members that can have varying sets. The team does have no removal and I would've put removal on mega latias or gliscor but I really wanted to stick to the set-up sweeping feel of them. The team isn't necessarily bad vs stealth rock but can be a bit tough with spikes on certain builds, but I normally don't try to let the opponent hazard stack on me and instead focus on bringing down my set-up sweepers.

A few threats that I managed to survive barely with the team. Dragapult was quite troublesome where I had to sack a pokemon to z-phantom force but it wasn't hard to comeback given that deficit given the team's wincon. Volcarona is also another threat but can be played around given the coverage of it. Most of the time I find myself using gliscor to chip it down for greninja to revenge. A safer option would be to switch defensive roles between toxapex and ferrothorn so toxapex can take hits easier and haze it down. This would also mean trading toxic spikes for toxic.

Team F by Saladae
:latias-mega: :ferrothorn: :togekiss: :gastrodon: :umbreon: :heatran:
:latias-mega: First we have Mega-Latias. Being honest with you i would've never built around this mon unless it was for this team building comp because i absolutely hate Mega latias. The only thing you can do with this mon is build boring balance squads i dont really find that fun, as such i tried to make this balance squad a tiny bit more unique with some off-meta picks. As for latias itself its just a simple cm set, nothing interesting.

:ferrothorn: next i have ferrothorn because it has a very nice synergy with Latias, being able to set up spikes to help it pick up kos and crippling its checks such as blissey or chansey, it can also take hits from pursuit trappers like tyranitar or weavile if needed.

:togekiss: Togekiss is literally just here because i wanted a fairy type but if i used clefable this team wouldve been so standard it would make me feel ill, its spread is for outspeeding Mega-Lopunny after its been paralyzed with the defense investment to tank hits from rillaboom or hawlucha.

:gastrodon: Gastrodon is here so i dont get overwhelmed by dracovish or gren, scald burns also help lati be able to set up on physical attackers.

:umbreon: umbreon is here because togekiss is a bad Dark resist and because i wanted a mon with heal bell due to how weak this team is to status

:heatran: heatran is here because i wanted to complete the fire water grass core and also it helps check steels and fairies id otherwise struggle with

Team G by Ryuji-Sempai
:latias-mega: :ferrothorn: :clefable: :gliscor: :manaphy: :moltres:
For this build, I started with a very specific CM Mana. The repart was made to stomac easily DVish, Band or Scarf. Rain Dance + Rest is incredible for dealing with stall team, and Scald is my main STAB. If you don't like Mana, you can use Cun instead with CM Rest.
Then came Clef, as I needed a rock setter. Then I though that T-Wave was a great slot on Clef, and that I could build a Para Spam to improve Mana's MU against more offensive team. Tias and Ferro came then. Ferro to handle stuff like Zam and Lele and Tias for his great synergie with Clef and Ferro. I use Wish on T-Wave, since I wanted to help Ferro and gave him a better Staying Power to check more easily gren. For the detail, Shed Shell is here to avoid trap from zone, so this is why you need to be careful and avoid being koff.
Then Gliscor came, because I needed something to break Pex quite easily and absorb statues for Tias. The repart was made to outspeed 254-5-6 Zapdos. Finally I needed a Rilla and Ace check, so Moltres came. The repart aloud you to avoid being 2HKOed by Gunk Shot with a poisoned Moltres.
There's few difficult MU like Lele and Zard X, but with T-Wave and hazard Spam, it become quite easy to handle them.

Voting ends on 9/14 at 11:59 PM GMT

Solaros & Lunaris

So we get more votes in, I’m gonna extend voting by 24 hours. In the meantime, I would like to kove to the next slate.

Cycle 24: Blissey

:ss/blissey:

With the new Heavy-Duty Boots, Blissey has surpassed the viability of its pre-evolution for the first time in 2 generations. It is a solid special wall and pivot, and has a free slot for all sorts of tech like Thunder Wave or Aromatherapy. How does this egg fit into the omelette of your squad?

Submissions end on 9/19 at 11:59 PM GMT

Edit: We ended up with a tie between NuttyRabbit and Chazm, so I will decide the winner. I’ve chosen to go with Chazm, as his team has all around solid matchups against most of the metagame, while checking AceVish better overall thanks to Hippo+Mantine. The team’s matchup vs faster offensive threats is also better thanks to Cinderace, while Nutty could get overwhelmed by fast offensive mons if one doesnt play well.​

Last edited:

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
BLISSEY STALL

:ss/Sableye-Mega: :ss/Blissey: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Zapdos: :ss/Skarmory: :ss/Quagsire:
Click team above for paste

Gonna be frank here: building with Blissey has been nothing short of a nightmare, as I've had to throw out 2-3 alternate team ideas because either I couldn't play them well or they just lost to random mons that couldn't be accounted for without overhauling the team significantly. As such, I essentially threw my hands up into the air, said "screw it", and decided to build something I've never built before: Stall.

Now this post is gonna be a bit lower effort than usual because I just want to be done with this

Mega Sableye is basically a must on Stall b/c of just how much shit it walls/the ability to ward off status and hazards so that's why I went with it. I could have gone with Mega Aggron Stall but that's kinda wack

Blissey is obligatory b/c it's the mon of the week but it's just here to sponge special hits, throw up rocks, throw around status, and be annoying af. God I hate this mon

Unaware Clef is the obligatory Unaware mon, stopping setup sweepers in their tracks, passing Wishes, and curing the team of whatever status befells it.

Zapdos defogs and checks a lot of the annoying Steels and Grasses in the tier like Kart, Ferro, Boom, etc. I've elected to go HP Ice> Heat Wave to give myself a far more tenable matchup vs Dragons and Gliscor.

Skarmory's here to throw up Spikes (because hey I want some sort of win condition), cockblock stuff like Mega Maw, Kart, and Scizor with Iron Defense + Body Press, and generally be an even harder stop to physical mons than Zapdos is.

The final member of this team is a bizarre one, that being Physdef Water Absorb Quagsire. I elected to use this since it can not only take at least two hits from full from anything Cinderace can do and either threaten a burn back or just heavily chip it (or stop it from Bulking Up with Haze), but it also forces 50/50s vs Dracovish thanks to Water Absorb. The spread maximizes its physical bulk, lefties gives it passive recovery, Scald/EQ give it good, reliable STABs (that also let it check Heatran), Haze lets it stop setup shenanigans, and Recover lets it heal shit off

This entire teambuilding process was nothing short of a nightmare and I'm glad to put it behind me.

As always, shoutouts to the Natdex discord, particularly Lupla (Not tagging u this time I swear), Ryuji-Sempai , Chazm, and Aurodian for helping me build, test, and putting up with my endless frustration

Solaros u better do something offensive next week I s2g

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
A-WAK + ZOR FAT
:ss/blissey::ss/slowbro::ss/kyurem::ss/scizor-mega::ss/zapdos::ss/marowak-alola:

It's a quite classic team, based on the fact that Bliss and Bro can grab momentum with TP and help stuff like A-Wak to break. I use Colbur on Bro to win 1v1 against BU Darkinium Ace, since he can't kill me before a +3 boost with colbur (this is also why you need to be cautious and avoid being koff), and I use Future Sight to beat Pex easily with A-Wak. This team is build around Zor, to help him to sweep with Curse.
I use Kyurem with Metronome to beat stuff like Ferro and Corv, and Wak paired with Bro win against Pex. For Zap, since Wak can grab momentum, he can claim a kill with Poltergeist or just setup rocks.
Zapdos is here with this spread so that he can outspeed most common Gliscor and beat them with HP Ice. I also have Kyurem but I don't want to hard him every time I see a Glis. He also act as my defog ofc.
(s/o Freeze Corleone for the nick btw)

The Bomb

Banned deucer.
I don't really do NDOU but OU but I tried to build something common in both the tiers which is Zone + Rilla core, a pretty common one.
Blissey takes on special hitters while Zapdos takes on physical ones. Dragapult takes advantage of Toxic Spikes and takes care after it's target is paralyzed/poisoned.
https://pokepast.es/4fb11c8d3b44554e

Replay for reference on how to play / thanks to this person for helping me to test it out
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1189001629-r74wree00w6l44uj41vzmld7v73h840pw

Solaros & Lunaris

Not as many teams this team, but still a great selection. Let’s see what we have.

Team A by NuttyRabbit
:sableye-mega: :blissey: :clefable: :zapdos: :skarmory: :quagsire:
Mega Sableye is basically a must on Stall b/c of just how much shit it walls/the ability to ward off status and hazards so that's why I went with it. I could have gone with Mega Aggron Stall but that's kinda wack

Blissey is obligatory b/c it's the mon of the week but it's just here to sponge special hits, throw up rocks, throw around status, and be annoying af. God I hate this mon

Unaware Clef is the obligatory Unaware mon, stopping setup sweepers in their tracks, passing Wishes, and curing the team of whatever status befells it.

Zapdos defogs and checks a lot of the annoying Steels and Grasses in the tier like Kart, Ferro, Boom, etc. I've elected to go HP Ice> Heat Wave to give myself a far more tenable matchup vs Dragons and Gliscor.

Skarmory's here to throw up Spikes (because hey I want some sort of win condition), cockblock stuff like Mega Maw, Kart, and Scizor with Iron Defense + Body Press, and generally be an even harder stop to physical mons than Zapdos is.

The final member of this team is a bizarre one, that being Physdef Water Absorb Quagsire. I elected to use this since it can not only take at least two hits from full from anything Cinderace can do and either threaten a burn back or just heavily chip it (or stop it from Bulking Up with Haze), but it also forces 50/50s vs Dracovish thanks to Water Absorb. The spread maximizes its physical bulk, lefties gives it passive recovery, Scald/EQ give it good, reliable STABs (that also let it check Heatran), Haze lets it stop setup shenanigans, and Recover lets it heal shit off

Team B by Ryuji-Sempai
:blissey: :slowbro: :kyurem: :scizor-mega: :zapdos: :marowak-alola:
It's a quite classic team, based on the fact that Bliss and Bro can grab momentum with TP and help stuff like A-Wak to break. I use Colbur on Bro to win 1v1 against BU Darkinium Ace, since he can't kill me before a +3 boost with colbur (this is also why you need to be cautious and avoid being koff), and I use Future Sight to beat Pex easily with A-Wak. This team is build around Zor, to help him to sweep with Curse.
I use Kyurem with Metronome to beat stuff like Ferro and Corv, and Wak paired with Bro win against Pex. For Zap, since Wak can grab momentum, he can claim a kill with Poltergeist or just setup rocks.
Zapdos is here with this spread so that he can outspeed most common Gliscor and beat them with HP Ice. I also have Kyurem but I don't want to hard him every time I see a Glis. He also act as my defog ofc.
(s/o Freeze Corleone for the nick btw)

Team C by The Bomb
:blissey: :magnezone: :rillaboom: :zapdos: :toxapex: :dragapult:
I don't really do NDOU but OU but I tried to build something common in both the tiers which is Zone + Rilla core, a pretty common one.
Blissey takes on special hitters while Zapdos takes on physical ones. Dragapult takes advantage of Toxic Spikes and takes care after it's target is paralyzed/poisoned.

Voting will end on 9/21 at 11:59 PM GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)