Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

With the ability to trap both corv and kart without reprocussion, scarf zone destroys the core of this team single handedly for the other 5 to secure the dub

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
endure salac kart

i lied i forgot lopunny was fake out so now we r using ebelt gren

:ss/greninja:

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

u hp fire the corv and kart, pump the hippo and tini, gunk the fini, lop revenges but u basically claim a kill every time u come in assuming ur not omicorio and play bad

Last edited:

ChrisPBacon

idola deus
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the defending SM Circuit Champion
:ss/latias-mega:

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh

The standard switchins this team has to latias are victini and hippowdon, which would scare it out with toxic. However, with refresh pp being enough to stall both of their toxics and the lack of a dark type and a way of immediately threatening latias makes it incredibly hard to stop.

Last edited:
:SM/Kyurem:
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
:SM/Zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

These 2 mons together destroy every part of this team, Kyurem simply breaks this team with freeze dries and EP while zapdos serves as a switch in to MLop and Kartana. not to mention that there are 4 other mons that can support these 2 in destroying the team.

The Dragon Master

So you have chosen, Death
is a Pre-Contributor
Submitting GOATorus- therian
:Ss/Landorus-Therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 208 HP / 188 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Fly
SD smack Lando can crack open omis team, as it smack corv to the ground, removing its ground immunity and making it vulnerable to EQ. The rest of the team pretty much dies to a +2 Lando, especially as nothing can revenge it frm full.

Last edited:

Avaritia

Sylvain stan

Reuniclus @ Life Orb / Electrium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Recover

Yeah so someone submitted Refresh Mtias for this; Reuni operates on a somewhat similar level - Toxic from Tini/Hippo are completely useless, so Reuni has plenty of chances to set-up and wipe through a vast majority of the team. At first I had thought that Fini could just Taunt it and set-up, but when I discussed this with some folks I realized, (1) you can still blast past with Thunder, Electrium Z if needed though I don't even think that's necessary, (2) even if Fini CMs on you, Psyshock will still deal the same amount to it, (3) Fini is not going to like being the one to get worn down over time since it is this team's check versus Greninja-Ash.

Really the only thing that challenges it is Kartana but unless you know that it's Thunder you probably won't just switch it in for fear of Focus Blast (even then without Synthesis Kart doesn't particularly enjoy switching into a LO Thunder, which 2HKOs). Also we could absolutely give Reuniclus support / pair it with something that would give Tana and MLop problems ( :skarmory: being a pretty interesting one, especially since we punish our opponent's switch ins hard with Spikes). Even Victini, who in theory Reuniclus can't really touch, gets out of range when we CM up since it doesn't carry V-Create.

Nevertheless, with the proper support, Reuniclus can just whittle away a vast majority of the team and let its team either continue chipping down the opponent or just finishing them off.

Credit adem and the rest of the PS! chat for the discussion we had today about this BTT, after I spent 15 minutes thinking of various Pokemon and being unable to get anything that good :psytear:

And credit omicorio great team :smogduck:

Last edited:
1638951277453.png

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

This Tapu Lele is a huge threat against this team for the following reasons:
  • Lack of any proper switch-ins
  • Victini can neither out-speed nor OHKO Tapu Lele - two feats which it is usually capable of doing
  • Corviknight isn't holding Leftovers and it isn't specially defensive either
  • As a bonus, Tapu Lele even 1v1s M-Lopunny which limits revenge killing options to Kartana
Psychic is extremely spammable against this team, most notably having a 79.3% chance to 2HKO Corviknight after Stealth Rock, and doing 42.4 - 50.2% to Victini.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 72 SpD Corviknight in Psychic Terrain: 165-195 (41.2 - 48.7%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Victini in Psychic Terrain: 157-186 (42.4 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are simply there to improve the 1v1 situation against Corviknight and Victini respectively. As switch-ins, you can clearly see they are easily overwhelmed by Psychic. The unorthodox EV spread on Victini means it can't out-speed even a Modest Tapu Lele, and the lack of V-Create means it can't OHKO either. This makes the matchup significantly easier for Tapu Lele, as it can even opt to stay in once Victini switches in and finish it off with a third Psychic, tanking one Blue Flare in the process.

Corviknight is susceptible to SpDef drops or crits, or of course a simple Thunderbolt prediction which would do 85-100.5%, effectively rendering Corviknight dead. Just for completion's sake, I'll show the calc for Shadow Ball against Victini too.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 72 SpD Corviknight: 340-402 (85 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Shadow Ball vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 288-340 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It helps that Kartana, the one Pokemon that can reliably revenge kill Tapu Lele cannot switch in to literally any move from Tapu Lele, so this Tapu Lele effectively gets a kill every time it comes in by clicking Psychic. If Stealth Rock is not set, you only need to make one easy-to-make prediction of Thunderbolt-ing the Corviknight, assuming it hasn't taken any prior damage already.

I'd just like to disclose I'm completely new to this so if I didn't follow any rules, please let me know. I know Specs Tapu Leles would favour Psyshock to blow past the blobs, but I dropped it on mine to improve the matchup against the team. If our sets need to be a bit more realistic for general play, then I'd say drop Shadow Ball for Psyshock for a more realistic set. Psyshock also has the benefit of ignoring a potential Calm Mind boosted Tapu Fini.

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

:magnezone: by Roginald
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

With the ability to trap both corv and kart without reprocussion, scarf zone destroys the core of this team single handedly for the other 5 to secure the dub
:greninja: by adem
endure salac kart

i lied i forgot lopunny was fake out so now we r using ebelt gren

:ss/greninja:

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

u hp fire the corv and kart, pump the hippo and tini, gunk the fini, lop revenges but u basically claim a kill every time u come in assuming ur not omicorio and play bad
:latias-mega: by ChrisPBacon
:ss/latias-mega:

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh

The standard switchins this team has to latias are victini and hippowdon, which would scare it out with toxic. However, with refresh pp being enough to stall both of their toxics and the lack of a dark type and a way of immediately threatening latias makes it incredibly hard to stop.
:kyurem: :zapdos: by Haok
:SM/Kyurem:
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
:SM/Zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

These 2 mons together destroy every part of this team, Kyurem simply breaks this team with freeze dries and EP while zapdos serves as a switch in to MLop and Kartana. not to mention that there are 4 other mons that can support these 2 in destroying the team.
:landorus-therian: by The Dragon Master
Submitting GOATorus- therian
:Ss/Landorus-Therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 208 HP / 188 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Fly
SD smack Lando can crack open omis team, as it smack corv to the ground, removing its ground immunity and making it vulnerable to EQ. The rest of the team pretty much dies to a +2 Lando, especially as nothing can revenge it frm full.
:reuniclus: by Avaritia

Reuniclus @ Life Orb / Electrium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Recover

Yeah so someone submitted Refresh Mtias for this; Reuni operates on a somewhat similar level - Toxic from Tini/Hippo are completely useless, so Reuni has plenty of chances to set-up and wipe through a vast majority of the team. At first I had thought that Fini could just Taunt it and set-up, but when I discussed this with some folks I realized, (1) you can still blast past with Thunder, Electrium Z if needed though I don't even think that's necessary, (2) even if Fini CMs on you, Psyshock will still deal the same amount to it, (3) Fini is not going to like being the one to get worn down over time since it is this team's check versus Greninja-Ash.

Really the only thing that challenges it is Kartana but unless you know that it's Thunder you probably won't just switch it in for fear of Focus Blast (even then without Synthesis Kart doesn't particularly enjoy switching into a LO Thunder, which 2HKOs). Also we could absolutely give Reuniclus support / pair it with something that would give Tana and MLop problems ( :skarmory: being a pretty interesting one, especially since we punish our opponent's switch ins hard with Spikes). Even Victini, who in theory Reuniclus can't really touch, gets out of range when we CM up since it doesn't carry V-Create.

Nevertheless, with the proper support, Reuniclus can just whittle away a vast majority of the team and let its team either continue chipping down the opponent or just finishing them off.

Credit adem and the rest of the PS! chat for the discussion we had today about this BTT, after I spent 15 minutes thinking of various Pokemon and being unable to get anything that good :psytear:

And credit omicorio great team :smogduck:
:tapu-lele: by Dilwar
View attachment 390717
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

This Tapu Lele is a huge threat against this team for the following reasons:
  • Lack of any proper switch-ins
  • Victini can neither out-speed nor OHKO Tapu Lele - two feats which it is usually capable of doing
  • Corviknight isn't holding Leftovers and it isn't specially defensive either
  • As a bonus, Tapu Lele even 1v1s M-Lopunny which limits revenge killing options to Kartana
Psychic is extremely spammable against this team, most notably having a 79.3% chance to 2HKO Corviknight after Stealth Rock, and doing 42.4 - 50.2% to Victini.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 72 SpD Corviknight in Psychic Terrain: 165-195 (41.2 - 48.7%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Victini in Psychic Terrain: 157-186 (42.4 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are simply there to improve the 1v1 situation against Corviknight and Victini respectively. As switch-ins, you can clearly see they are easily overwhelmed by Psychic. The unorthodox EV spread on Victini means it can't out-speed even a Modest Tapu Lele, and the lack of V-Create means it can't OHKO either. This makes the matchup significantly easier for Tapu Lele, as it can even opt to stay in once Victini switches in and finish it off with a third Psychic, tanking one Blue Flare in the process.

Corviknight is susceptible to SpDef drops or crits, or of course a simple Thunderbolt prediction which would do 85-100.5%, effectively rendering Corviknight dead. Just for completion's sake, I'll show the calc for Shadow Ball against Victini too.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 72 SpD Corviknight: 340-402 (85 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Shadow Ball vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 288-340 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It helps that Kartana, the one Pokemon that can reliably revenge kill Tapu Lele cannot switch in to literally any move from Tapu Lele, so this Tapu Lele effectively gets a kill every time it comes in by clicking Psychic. If Stealth Rock is not set, you only need to make one easy-to-make prediction of Thunderbolt-ing the Corviknight, assuming it hasn't taken any prior damage already.

I'd just like to disclose I'm completely new to this so if I didn't follow any rules, please let me know. I know Specs Tapu Leles would favour Psyshock to blow past the blobs, but I dropped it on mine to improve the matchup against the team. If our sets need to be a bit more realistic for general play, then I'd say drop Shadow Ball for Psyshock for a more realistic set. Psyshock also has the benefit of ignoring a potential Calm Mind boosted Tapu Fini.
Vote for your submission before 12/21 at 11:59 PM GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)