Project National Dex Community Create-A-Team (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty so I got to thinking about what this team loses to, and I came up with 2 major answers, 1 is kyurem, and 2 is other CM clef, the answer to both of these is the goat ICIUM CM CLEF

NOTE 2 SELF (Clefable) @ Icium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Soft-Boiled

CM clef is one of the greatest win-con's in all of natdex, and this icium set in particular has a higher chance of winning vs other CM clefable, due to the 10% paralysis and freeze chance, Thunder is to 2hko pex, and the Z-move helps vs trick mons as you absorb it easily, ice coverage helps in general vs threats such as kommo-o, all the grounds in the tier, as well as hydreigon.

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
:ss/Landorus-Therian:

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Punishment

Scarf Lando-T gives the team an immediate form of speed control, a Volt Switch blocker, a secondary ground immune, a Garchomp check, and a fast pivot into Mega Heracross, all of which the team lacks at the moment and would really like to have. The spread itself is extremely simple, just maximizing speed and power over all else, but what I really want to talk about is the move choice.

Earthquake and U-turn are practically mandatory on all Landos, but Explosion and Punishment are...unique choices, but ones I think are more than justified. Explosion is here as a last ditch option vs setup sweepers, but it's also a great option to not only soften things up for Mega Heracross, but also pivot into it, and not only that, but do so in a way that doesn't risk losing momentum to opposing U-turners or Teleporters, something which is otherwise a pretty substantial issue with Scarf Lando.

Punishment on the other hand, was something I settled on when I realized that the team had a pretty dire matchup against the likes of Mega Latias and Reuniclus, and what it aims to do is serve as a last ditch emergency way to deal with them before they can beat the rest of the team. I've opted to use it over HP Ice since Jolly HP Ice does as much to the likes of Garchomp as regular EQ and I think Latias and Reuniclus possess a far greater capacity than Garchomp to just run the team over given one or two turns.

0 SpA Latias-Mega Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 127-150 (39.8 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+1 0 SpA Latias-Mega Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 189-223 (59.2 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Punishment (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 202-238 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 148-175 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 60.5% chance to 2HKO

+1 0 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 222-263 (69.5 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Explosion vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Reuniclus: 266-313 (62.7 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Punishment (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Reuniclus: 214-252 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Time to vote! Vote for your preferred choice out of these two mons

:ss/clefable:
NOTE 2 SELF (Clefable) @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Soft-Boiled

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Punishment

Voting ends on 3/28 at 11:59 PM GMT

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
:ss/Clefable:

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave / Knock Off / Calm Mind

Yeah Ik someone already posted a Clef set before but this imo this works better for this team. Spdef Rocks Clef gives the team an insane amount of role compression, not only giving it a much-needed Dark resist (and thus soft check to Weavile and Ash Greninja), but also a Dragon immunity (and check to Kyurem) and of course, rocks. The spread is pretty standard, emphasizing more special bulk as I feel the team benefits more from a spdef spread than a physical spread.

In terms of moves, the first 3 moves are pretty standard, but the last slot is actually quite flexible. Thunder Wave gives the team an additional form of speed control, which, since we're using Mega Heracross, is not only good, but damn near necessary. Knock Off also has great utility though, as being able to knock the items of Ferrothorns, Slowtwins, and especially Gliscor makes them significantly easier to deal with in the long run. Finally, Calm Mind just makes us an even better Kyurem check and on top of that, Calm Mind Clef actually benefits quite a bit from Mega Hera, since Hera just deletes all of its answers anyways.

Magearna :Magearna:
Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpA
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam?
One thing I immediately noticed about the team is that, despite having Slowking to resist ice, 3 ice weaknesses including a 4x ice weakness seemed like a bit of a hole. This is compounded by Slowking's weakness to dark, making for a really rough Weavile matchup, and the team is also TROUNCED by freeze dry Kyurem. Now, I could have gone SPDEF Heatran, but that would leave the team with a lack of special breaking/cleaning power heading into the last slot. I decided to go with the pain split Magearna on this one. Pain split allows the Magearna to deal with Blissey, while the Z fleur guarantees a KO on things like Ferrothorn (otherwise I would have selected the DKiss set). I'm a little bit unsure on the last move (is an electric move necessary with Zapdos even if it's the statistically most successful), but pain split in particular was chosen due to it giving Magearna increased longevity in repeatedly switching into Weavile and Kyurem - 2 massive threats at the moment. This set also has potential to win off of certain MUs, which is extremely helpful for its cause. I hope you enjoy this pick!

On a side note, if we go with Nutty's Clefable, I think knock off is the best of the 3 options. I think paralysis potential is handled already with discharge Zapdos, and calm mind is a lot less optimal on spdef clef than physdef clef, which does not work as well with the team. Knock, however, provides great utility the team does not have :) (although really, if you wanted to make discharge tbolt and then make Clef twave, that also works)!

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

:ss/clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave / Knock Off / Calm Mind

:ss/magearna:
Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpA
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch

Voting will end on 4/3 at 11:59 PM GMT

Is there a pokepaste for the team?
Check the icons in the OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)