Project National Dex Community Create-A-Team (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaritia

Sylvain stan
:sm/kommo-o:

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
- Ice Punch/Earthquake

This team is missing a Stealth Rock user, and to me Kommo-o seems like one of the more natural fits, given that I think the team still struggles versus the likes of Greninja-Ash and Charizard-Mega-Y. 64 Speed is to out-creep the 220 area where Modest Zone sits and where Pokemon like Heatran are EV-ed to creep it, and the first 3 move slots are quite standard, but the last slot is put to be Ice Punch simply because I think the team lacks a great answer to Ground-types such as Landorus-Therian and Gliscor (although Earthquake could certainly be put here instead to catch Magearna and Aegislash).

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Due to having one submission, Avaritia GC wins by default! This is actually a good thing, because now we can move on to Week 7: Adjustments.

:ss/heracross-mega: :ss/zapdos: :ss/slowking: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/magearna: :ss/kommo-o:

Now it's time to fix issues our team has. Here's how it'll work :
In this stage, you can suggest changes which can make the team much more better and solid. You can suggest to change the EVs, Sets or even the Pokemon itself. Explanation for the new Pokemon/Set/EVs would be appreciated, however it's not compulsory. Please include a Pokepaste of your team, or I will not include your submission. Make sure to not completely remake the team into something unrecognizable.

Submissions are due by 4/15 at 11:59 PM GMT!​

Nowno

la frappe du quartier est approuvé ✅
https://pokepast.es/70c58ffaf09c3f56

:Heracross-mega:
Removed Heracross' nick (important).

:Slowking:
Modified Slowking's set to tank 2 hjk from Medicham at full health, and gave him 0 IVs speed to be the last one to teleport in more cases.

:Landorus-Therian:
Changed Explosion for Stone Edge and Punishment for Hidden Power Ice. SE is generally better and allows you to check every Zapdos sets, HP Ice kill a lot more easily Gliscor and makes the team better against Landorus, Punishment isn't very useful, Latias isn't used as much as before and you already have Magearna and Slowking. Removed attack EVs and speed EVs in case Hawlucha runs Stone Edge while outspeeding Exca at +1.

:Kommo-o:
Added speed EVs to outspeed Heatran, so he can't Taunt/Toxic/Stealth Rocks as easily as he could, and because I lowered Slowking spDef.

Last edited:
removed heracross nickname

made slowking 180+ SpD to stomach 2 specs lele moonblasts ( lopunny isn't an issue as we have a zapdos )

made landorus stone edge as this team struggles breaking zapdos somewhat

made kommo rock slide > ice punch as to more effectively counter zardy

made zapdos volt switch hp ice to deal with grounds somewhat better whilst providing another effective pivot

made heracross bullet seed

changed moveorders around so it looks more aesthetic

named the team after the black album by jay-z ( important )

made slowking 0 speed and attack iv

( sidenote; if magearna gets banned clefable > magearna would be the optimal move )

the team

Senko

meow
is an Artist
https://pokepast.es/1d180112a2c94473

Changes (nicknamed after Flower Boy because that's how baby our bug boy is :):

:ss/heracross-mega: - changed nickname

:ss/zapdos: - hp-ice > heat wave to improve ground mu

:ss/slowking: - changed to 180+ spdef to eat specs lele, reduced speed IVs to 0 to ensure teleport goes last

:ss/landorus-therian: - changed punishment to knock off for better utility since punishment isn't needed to check mlati with cm split magearna

:ss/magearna: - no changes

:ss/kommo-o: - changed ice punch to protect to better scout choice and z-move users (most notably gengar)

Last edited:

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
:ss/Tapu Lele:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele is one of the biggest benefactors of the Magearna ban, not only losing one of its greatest checks/counters, but also greatly appreciating the rise in Dragon, Grass, and Dark types that have come with it. As such, Specs Tapu Lele is more appealing than ever to build around. That being said, it is also a rather tricky mon to build around not only due to its relatively middling speed, but also its low defensive utility/bulk making it easy KO, and Psychic Terrain restricting the use of priority. However, with the right team composition, the Guardian of Akala can truly shine as a potent offensive threat that all teams should be prepared for.

:ss/beedrill-mega:
BugsRWeak (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Fell Stinger
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
MegaDrill is an expert sweeper once walls are down, with fell stinger adding to the ferocity of this pokemon when fighting frailer mons. When paired with speed control and wallbreakers, Drill can be a major force to be reckoned with. Also, it looks cool.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:ss/tapu-bulu:
Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers / Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
(Eved to creep tran creepers, ie: gliscor, zapdos etc, can be adjusted to your liking^^)

Tapu Bulu, I feel, is an up and coming mon rn that has multiple niches over its main competitor, :rillaboom:. Firstly, IMO it outclasses it on GrassSpam teams, especially those with :serperior: and Non Z Move :kartana: , as it gives offensive checks to :zapdos: , :corviknight: (with fightz), and :heatran:, all the mons which make grasspam hard to pull off. It also, in my opinion, has a niche over :rillaboom: on sand teams, giving an :greninja-ash: check and breaker all at once, due to its typing. Thus, I think it would be a cool mon to build around, and am curious to see what the community can create with this mon. ^^

Avaritia

Sylvain stan
:ss/kartana:

:kartana: ALL I WANNA DO IS
1619411929021.png
1619411929021.png
1619411929021.png
1619411929021.png
:kartana:

PAPER PLANES (Kartana) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

:kartana: AND A
1619412050251.png
1619412067410.png
1619412098115.png
:kartana:

One of the deadliest sweepers in the tier, :kartana: barely needs an introduction with its astronomical Attack stat, which when boosted by Swords Dance / Beast Boost buffs, is able to cut through almost anything thrown its way. This Fightinium Z variant in particular is able to OHKO Pokemon that would otherwise wall Grassium/Normalium/Band/cursed Scarf sets like Corviknight and Scizor-Mega (after Stealth Rock) at +2, making it basically unwallable and, devoid of revenge-killers, unstoppable in its quest to one-shot the opposing team members.

The issue is that it is relatively easy to revenge-kill (:Greninja-Ash:, :Lopunny-Mega:, even :Latias-Mega:) just as it is relatively difficult to switch-in especially vs special attackers; not to mention some annoyances like :Zapdos: and :Venusaur-Mega: that could halt it in its tracks. That is why I would like to explore teambuilding options around the Ultra Beast that could aid it in chopping down the competition: could it be more balance-leaning to sponge revenge-killers and help it get in, or more offence-leaning to compound the pressure on opposing Pokemon, to the point of even Hyper Offence? There is quite a decent myriad of possibilities here that I think :kartana: easily opens up for people to get creative and get a build that truly makes it shine.

:kartana: AND TAKE YOUR MONEY :kartana:

Senko

meow
is an Artist
:ss/diancie-mega:
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 124 Atk / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Mystical Fire / Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Mega Diancie is a severely underrated mon and Mega in National Dex. Its fantastic offensive stats and excellent STAB moves and coverage give it a defining role as a wallbreaker. Its access to Stealth Rock and offensive prowess make it one of the best rockers in the tier, being able to pressure common foggers like :zapdos:, :corviknight:, and :kartana:. Its typing and ability upon evolving of Magic Bounce provide great hazard control against common rockers in the tier like :garchomp: and :heatran:.
Although it has a great offensive kit, its bad HP stat holds back its bulk and defensive typing leaves it open to being revenge-killed by faster offensive threats like :greninja-ash:, :lopunny-mega:, and :landorus-therian:. Some more dedicated walls like :blissey: and Calm Mind :clefable: can also prevent Diancie from making progress. However, these match-ups can be remedied however with proper team support and I believe its role as a great offensive rocker and wallbreaker will be a fun mon to build around.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute/Earthquake

This mon eats children for breakfast, if you can get it to set up a few dragon dances. Mold breaker is extremely potent tool at crushing potential counters, such as the unaware mons Clefable, Quagsire, and Pyukumuku, storm drain Gastrodon, with earthquake, Rotom-Wash, and more. Aside from the mold breaker, this pokemon boasts a ludicrous 155 attack stat, which at +1, can break through almost anything. The mega fish, however, is not without its flaws. Despite good defense stats on paper, this thing starts off weak to rocks, and has 0 way to recover outside of potential wish support. It gets whittled down quite hard. It's also whalloped by some of the best defensive pokemon in the tier, with Corviknight walling it pretty well, and Skarm walling the living daylights of it (even though, technically, they can't do much without body press), and Ferro having a pretty good defensive matchup. It also allows certain pokemon, like Mega Scizor and Mega Mawile, to set up on their own (in my experience, remember, I'm actually garbage, so I wouldn't know). This thing almost requires team support, which is why I think it's a great pokemon to build around for this teambuilding exercise. Something like a Magnezone to trap counters would be exceedingly beneficial. I'm excited to see how the sausage gets made here. Enjoy!

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Submission A
:ss/Tapu Lele:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele is one of the biggest benefactors of the Magearna ban, not only losing one of its greatest checks/counters, but also greatly appreciating the rise in Dragon, Grass, and Dark types that have come with it. As such, Specs Tapu Lele is more appealing than ever to build around. That being said, it is also a rather tricky mon to build around not only due to its relatively middling speed, but also its low defensive utility/bulk making it easy KO, and Psychic Terrain restricting the use of priority. However, with the right team composition, the Guardian of Akala can truly shine as a potent offensive threat that all teams should be prepared for.
Submission B
:ss/beedrill-mega:
BugsRWeak (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Fell Stinger
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
MegaDrill is an expert sweeper once walls are down, with fell stinger adding to the ferocity of this pokemon when fighting frailer mons. When paired with speed control and wallbreakers, Drill can be a major force to be reckoned with. Also, it looks cool.
Submission C
:ss/tapu-bulu:
Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers / Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
(Eved to creep tran creepers, ie: gliscor, zapdos etc, can be adjusted to your liking^^)

Tapu Bulu, I feel, is an up and coming mon rn that has multiple niches over its main competitor, :rillaboom:. Firstly, IMO it outclasses it on GrassSpam teams, especially those with :serperior: and Non Z Move :kartana: , as it gives offensive checks to :zapdos: , :corviknight: (with fightz), and :heatran:, all the mons which make grasspam hard to pull off. It also, in my opinion, has a niche over :rillaboom: on sand teams, giving an :greninja-ash: check and breaker all at once, due to its typing. Thus, I think it would be a cool mon to build around, and am curious to see what the community can create with this mon. ^^
Submission D
:ss/kartana:

:kartana: ALL I WANNA DO IS View attachment 335689View attachment 335689View attachment 335689View attachment 335689 :kartana:

PAPER PLANES (Kartana) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

:kartana: AND A View attachment 335690View attachment 335691View attachment 335692 :kartana:

One of the deadliest sweepers in the tier, :kartana: barely needs an introduction with its astronomical Attack stat, which when boosted by Swords Dance / Beast Boost buffs, is able to cut through almost anything thrown its way. This Fightinium Z variant in particular is able to OHKO Pokemon that would otherwise wall Grassium/Normalium/Band/cursed Scarf sets like Corviknight and Scizor-Mega (after Stealth Rock) at +2, making it basically unwallable and, devoid of revenge-killers, unstoppable in its quest to one-shot the opposing team members.

The issue is that it is relatively easy to revenge-kill (:Greninja-Ash:, :Lopunny-Mega:, even :Latias-Mega:) just as it is relatively difficult to switch-in especially vs special attackers; not to mention some annoyances like :Zapdos: and :Venusaur-Mega: that could halt it in its tracks. That is why I would like to explore teambuilding options around the Ultra Beast that could aid it in chopping down the competition: could it be more balance-leaning to sponge revenge-killers and help it get in, or more offence-leaning to compound the pressure on opposing Pokemon, to the point of even Hyper Offence? There is quite a decent myriad of possibilities here that I think :kartana: easily opens up for people to get creative and get a build that truly makes it shine.

:kartana: AND TAKE YOUR MONEY :kartana:
Submission E
:ss/diancie-mega:
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 124 Atk / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Mystical Fire / Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Mega Diancie is a severely underrated mon and Mega in National Dex. Its fantastic offensive stats and excellent STAB moves and coverage give it a defining role as a wallbreaker. Its access to Stealth Rock and offensive prowess make it one of the best rockers in the tier, being able to pressure common foggers like :zapdos:, :corviknight:, and :kartana:. Its typing and ability upon evolving of Magic Bounce provide great hazard control against common rockers in the tier like :garchomp: and :heatran:.
Although it has a great offensive kit, its bad HP stat holds back its bulk and defensive typing leaves it open to being revenge-killed by faster offensive threats like :greninja-ash:, :lopunny-mega:, and :landorus-therian:. Some more dedicated walls like :blissey: and Calm Mind :clefable: can also prevent Diancie from making progress. However, these match-ups can be remedied however with proper team support and I believe its role as a great offensive rocker and wallbreaker will be a fun mon to build around.
Submission F

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute/Earthquake

This mon eats children for breakfast, if you can get it to set up a few dragon dances. Mold breaker is extremely potent tool at crushing potential counters, such as the unaware mons Clefable, Quagsire, and Pyukumuku, storm drain Gastrodon, with earthquake, Rotom-Wash, and more. Aside from the mold breaker, this pokemon boasts a ludicrous 155 attack stat, which at +1, can break through almost anything. The mega fish, however, is not without its flaws. Despite good defense stats on paper, this thing starts off weak to rocks, and has 0 way to recover outside of potential wish support. It gets whittled down quite hard. It's also whalloped by some of the best defensive pokemon in the tier, with Corviknight walling it pretty well, and Skarm walling the living daylights of it (even though, technically, they can't do much without body press), and Ferro having a pretty good defensive matchup. It also allows certain pokemon, like Mega Scizor and Mega Mawile, to set up on their own (in my experience, remember, I'm actually garbage, so I wouldn't know). This thing almost requires team support, which is why I think it's a great pokemon to build around for this teambuilding exercise. Something like a Magnezone to trap counters would be exceedingly beneficial. I'm excited to see how the sausage gets made here. Enjoy!
Vote for your three favorite subs by 5/1 at 11:59 PM GMT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)