art by femboy
National Dex Ladder Tournament
This tournament is a part of the 2023 National Dex Circuit!
Welcome to the fourth National Dex Ladder Tournament! The rules are pretty simple. Every week you try to ladder as high as you can on a new account, and the top 8 placers each week make it into playoffs. There's 4 weeks and 8 qualifiers per week, leading to a 32-man, best of 3, seeded, single elimination playoffs bracket at the end. The primary seeding factor will be highest ELO achieved. If I qualify week 1 with an ELO of 1750 but then Jho qualifies week 2 with an ELO of 1800, Jho is still seeded higher (although if there are ties we'll default to week qualified). That being said, once you qualify for playoffs you can't ladder again in a later week just to go for a better ELO. If you achieve playoffs once, that's it.
- This will take place on the regular "National Dex" ladder on the main Pokemon Showdown server.
- The qualification period for the NDLT will run for a total of 4 cycles with roughly 7 days per cycles. After each 7 day cycle, the top 8 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO) will qualify for the playoffs of the NDLT to compete.
- Your account must contain a specific tag as a prefix to mark it as an NDLT tag. The prefixes will be random as an extra step to prevent people from guessing what next week's will be and laddering early.
- In order to sign up, follow the Sign-Up format below and register your account on PS!
- Anyone caught cheating in any way will be subject to punishment.
Forum name: Cycle 1 Alt: Did you read this whole post?:
Forum name: Kaede Cycle 1 Alt: NDLT4DBZ Kaede Did you read this whole post?: Yes!
You must sign-up here before using your account to ladder. Alts must be registered on the day of the sign-up post or afterwards to prevent players from registering an account beforehand and laddering with it to gain an unfair advantage. I will be checking registration dates for any qualifying accounts to ensure people don't try to abuse the system. Please only include one alt in your sign-up post for each cycle. You will not be allowed to edit your alt name after you include it in your initial sign-up for any given cycle. If something happens with said account that means you need a new account, delete your post and make a new one. It is advised that once you sign up here, you immediately register the account on PS! afterwards so that no one steals the account listed. Also, alt names that break PS rules will not be allowed to qualify.
Given that this is a ladder tournament, tournament rules will be enforced. Any person found cheating will be subject to punishments.
Cycle 1 will conclude at 11:59 PM GMT -4 Sunday, June 11th.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM/VM here or on Discord.
Good luck everyone!