Tournament National Dex Money Tour II - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why my opponent from last round was given the win? Deadline wasn't until tonight when we scheduled our game.

g1
g2

won vs Scorbunnys for round 1 (still confused on this bracket)
so now I just don't see my name in the tournament at all? You had me playing darkvoltage idk when you changed it but I was gonna call act on him because he hasn't replied since Monday (he also didn't reply to his opp for last week either)

Hey everyone. It hurts to say, but there has been some mixups with the bracket, and there have been too many players before signups close. I cannot apologise enough for the issues that we have had during this tournament, mainly due to my own fault and I apologise for the inconvenience to those that the bracket change has affected, and to those who are no longer in it. I'm terribly sorry that you will no longer be able to participate in the tournament, but without these changes, the tournament's player count would not work and eventually come to a bigger issue. So to those who no longer find themselves in the main bracket, I'm ever so sorry.
The new matchups to make the bracket 32 pairings in each bracket are as follows;

darkvoltage  vs  probrn
Darkness 789  vs  Ashbala
beatiful  vs  Oculars
Bushtush  vs  Xenqt
ibleachyourskin vs xVGxEnigma
nevermind just saw this. darkvoltage hasn't even played any games or been on or responded to opponents and is now in round 3. Can I take his place in the tournament lol

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hey everyone. It hurts to say, but there has been some mixups with the bracket, and there have been too many players before signups close. I cannot apologise enough for the issues that we have had during this tournament, mainly due to my own fault and I apologise for the inconvenience to those that the bracket change has affected, and to those who are no longer in it. I'm terribly sorry that you will no longer be able to participate in the tournament, but without these changes, the tournament's player count would not work and eventually come to a bigger issue. So to those who no longer find themselves in the main bracket, I'm ever so sorry.
The new matchups to make the bracket 32 pairings in each bracket are as follows;

darkvoltage  vs  probrn
Darkness 789  vs  Ashbala
beatiful  vs  Oculars
Bushtush  vs  Xenqt
ibleachyourskin vs xVGxEnigma
With all due respect, you really cannot do this during a money tournament (or really any tournament, but especially with larger stakes).

Expanding things, having a round with an awkward amount of byes, and having the tournament go an extra round would likely be the favorable alternative to outright taking people out of the tournament who haven’t lost, which should never be done to begin with.

I’m not sure if it’s too late to fix this as a lot of games have already been played — that much is up to your judgement as a host and I am posting this publicly because transparency on this matter is important with money on the line, but the grievances above are valid and please ask for help if you ever encounter this in the future, thanks.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
fwiw after i was removed from the bracket and made the post in the thread i got a message from tyler that asked to ignore his post in the money tour thread + id get a bye for this week instead. not sure if that came to fruition/not sure if the other ppl who were removed from the bracket got the same message but thought it was worth mentioning anyway

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
fwiw after i was removed from the bracket and made the post in the thread i got a message from tyler that asked to ignore his post in the money tour thread + id get a bye for this week instead. not sure if that came to fruition/not sure if the other ppl who were removed from the bracket got the same message but thought it was worth mentioning anyway
Sorry just to clarify this was an earlier post that I deleted that I thought you saw and before the bracket movement.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Everyone relax.

I am drawing up a formal proposal to include those who got removed tonight. Every current pairing is still valid.

The host of this tournament and any fellow contributors are doing a volunteer job without any compensation for a tournament that compensates winners; this is the most thankless position to possibly be in. I have immense respect for Tyler and he encountered a lose-lose situation. I applaud his efforts and look forward to working this out.

I will make sure we get back on the right track, even if there’s no entirely clean solution, and this tour promotes competition moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)