• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Approved by maroon / v1 by Jolly Togekiss ^-^

Welcome to the National Dex Monotype Community Create-A-Team Version 2! This is a weekly Monotype Event where Monotype players can come together and build some new teams as a community.

During the process of a CCAT, myself and diegoblu will lead the community through the process of building a team. Users involved will work together to decide the team's build, partners to support the core, and sets. Finished teams will be posted in this thread and stored in this post, alongside a brief description of the team-building process.

Submissions Phase:
Any user is free to post a set or core they would like to build around for our CCAT. This phase will run as soon as the previous week's team has been posted, until Thursdays at 00:00 GMT. The submissions will then be collected for the next phase.

Voting Phase:
Users will vote on which of the cores they like the most by posting, and the winner will be what the next CCAT is based around. This phase will run from Thursday 00:00 GMT to Friday 00:00 GMT, to be ended & tallied ready for the CCAT to start on Saturdays at 00:00 pm GMT.

It should be noted that votes for a user's own submission will not be taken into account.

Here are some general guidelines regarding CCATs:
  • Every CCAT will centre team-building around a specific idea––a core, a set, or an archetype––which has been voted and selected in this thread. Do not argue or appeal to this idea during the discussion. You may use this thread as a place to suggest cores or ideas for an upcoming CCAT.
  • Suggestions for the team should be thoughtful. Remember that the purpose of the CCAT project is to build teams that are viable in the metagame as well as being inclusive with our community. Creative and unconventional ideas are welcome and should be discussed and should not be judged harshly.
  • When discussing a Pokemon, consider it both individually and in the larger context of the team. What is it's purpose? How does it support the entire team? What support does need itself?
  • Be prepared to make many revisions to the team over the course of the CCAT. Adjustments to movesets, EVs, or entire team slots will be common at each stage of team-building so being lenient and compromising is something you may have to do.
  • Remember, during discussion we should respect other users and be civil towards those you may have an issue with. Flaming, Shitposting, and hostility will not be tolerated in this thread, leave any feuds out of here.

Our first week of CCAT will start Monday 25th October, this coming Monday, so stay tuned!

Last edited:

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor

Deoxys-Speed @ Psychium Z / Icium Z / Electrium Z / Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost / Energy Ball

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Deoxys-S outspeeds the entirety of Flying monotype and all monotypes except for their designated speed control (scarfer), while Tapu Lele wallbreaks to allow Deo-S to possibly clean up later. Tapu Lele supports Deoxys further by providing Psychic terrain, as Deo-S's non existent bulk allows it to be easily revenge killed by priority. Maybe a bit of hazard stacking is needed for Deo-S to function as a sweeper, though...

:SS/Thundurus-Therian:

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
I use this for ND flying mono as 1) After 2 agilities, it can outspeed all the swift swimmers (when it gets the chance to set up) and 2) as a volt switch/specs electric type switch in, I also use Landorus Therian to block them, but this will be the second option ig, also because this is modest, it can KO slowking if its used for some reason, and extra power is nice.
Calc: 252+ SpA Thundurus-Therian Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 458-542 (116.2 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor

Armaldo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Armaldo supports a bug mono team with it being one of the only defensive mons of it's type, with the exception of shuckle and forretress. It can set hazards putting pressure on opposing monotypes such as flying and fire, and clearing the user's field of rocks to support the rest of the team, which is weak to it. 3a Mega Scizor likes armaldo as a partner in the underrated bug monotype as it isn't weak to hazards itself and doesn't mind coming on on a stealth rock, but does appreciate the pressure on the opponent to clear their hazards before attacking scizor.

Last edited:
F54BD0F1-0807-47B9-AB0A-0CCE8811C1ED.png01E3B690-CD2A-4953-81B1-90F10525D540.png
I am suggesting mega tyranitar and greninja. This would be more of an offensive core. Ttar could set rocks or use a dragon dance set. Gren’s set would act as coverage and a pivot for the team. Gren could also act as speed control if needed.
Thanks for the consideration.

Arase

Banned deucer.
we got our result for this week building session. here is the team we built! https://pokepast.es/586d6cf107ceccda this is it for this week stay tuned for the next ones!

:ss/armaldo:
Armaldo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

:ss/scizor-mega:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Dual Wingbeat
- Knock Off

:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]

:ss/galvantula:
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

:ss/buzzwole:
Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leech Life
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

:ss/araquanid:
Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Leech Life
- Toxic

job of the team is pretty much to lead galvantula and set sticky web then araquanid is the fire resist, buzzwole is the flying and dragon sweeper+it does well vs other matchups thanks to beast boost, volcarona is the setup sweeper,mega scizor setup with priority move which pretty much deals with ice,fairy etc and armaldo is the hazard control

Porygon 2 and Z Normal Core
:SS/Porygon2: :SS/Porygon-Z:

I feel like this is a good core as both are technically the same pokemon, but different styles, you can use porygon 2 to tank and chip mons (maybe to death), while Porygon Z will set up Conversion Z and sweep, which oddly creates good synergy (to me at least), which can also be an even more defensive core with blissey or chansey (which is kinda mandatory in Normal mono) and can become more offensive with mons like Ditto (Also kinda mandatory in Normal Mono).

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey ... Just gonna share a core i think that will work

:sm/tapu-fini: :sm/gyarados-mega:

https://pokepast.es/fae800f7f317b73a
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Trick
- Ice Beam

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Tapu fini act as a nice scarfer and a terrain provider for not allowing any kind of ailment to the team. Scarf set is viable in most the non-rain team and pairing with one of the fearsome wall breaker Gyarados mega will be threatening. Gyarados Mega is the stall breaker of the team and proper setup will ensure a win and fini will cover its important fighting weak. So i feel this core works really well in balance non rain teams.

Last edited:

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Poltergeist
- Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang / Earthquake

Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Air Balloon
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe or 252 HP / 156 SpA / 100 Spe
Bold Nature / Modest Nature
- Defog
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
This core is pretty chunky for typical Fire teams, which is pretty interesting Imo. Alolan Marowak provides an Electric-type immunity to Fire teams, which covers for Volcanion's weaknesses. Volcanion then repays this by providing a Water-type immunity and a solid answer against Belly Drum Azumarill, as its EV's lets it outspeed Adamant Azumarill. Alolan Marowak also has a pretty high Attack stat due to Thick Club, and is pretty hard to switch into (for most types). Air Balloon may be considered on Volcanion, as it makes it the funniest switchin for M.Swampert, though losing a quarter of your health sucks. The disadvantages of this core are its poor speed and its inability to run Blacephalon, the most common scarfer for Fire.

Arase

Banned deucer.
honestly i just want to build something funny and different so my suggestion will be something special :3

:ss/slowbro: and :ss/slowking: the slowBROS water core

i like em because they are pretty bulky. the can provide useful stuff like teleport and future sight which is pretty cool

:ss/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Thunder Wave
- Scald

:ss/slowking:
Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

:ss/victini:
Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast/Or another coverage move for other matchups
Banded victini is usually the go to since it's one of the few physical breaking options you have on psychic. Sometimes even scarf. Just as long as it's physically oriented and has that coveted v create. But I thought, this set is pretty cool as well. Has decent sweeping potential with the right support. Makes it a better mon to use against bug, since you're not forced to switch when you lower your defenses and speed from v create. Still has its effectiveness vs steel (spdef heatran and aegi might stall it so a bit of support is needed, but it's not like banded v victini was a 6-0 from the beginning against steel). It's even worked to a degree against dark (yeah, mega gallade and lele exist, but this hits pretty hard as well). I've always tried it on HO psychic teams, but I'm not entirely sure if I'm achieving the correct build. At the same time, I wonder if you folks might be able to fit it on balance if you decide to go that route.

Note: Couldn't think of a core with this, cause there are a lot of options. At that point I would just be forming a team, so just posting this set will be easier. I also want this to be on psychic specifically

:ss/tapu_bulu:
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
:ss/tapu_koko:
Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

so the idea of this core is really simple, hit like a freight train. Although this core struggles with prediction i.e. if the opponent is using flying, they may have a Corvi/Steela/Skarm to eat Bulu's attacks and any attempted pivots to Koko will result in possible 50/50's with Thundurus. However, if used correctly, this core can cause massive damage to the opponent and their 6 pokemons they clearly don't love enough to challenge you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)